The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old November 09, 2004, 11:21   #1
Jen
Administrator

FALaholic #: 105
Reviews Forum Rules

Rule #1: If you don't have a dog in the fight, stay out of it. Reviews should be made and responded to by the parties involved, period. If you are not involved, but want to throw in your 2 the reviews forum is not the place to do it. If your comments are related to business you have previously done with the parties involved then your posts are acceptable commentary, but if you're not involved stay out of it.

Rule #2: Reviews posted 'for a friend' or the like are not acceptable. If your friend wants to comment about a transaction then they can register on the site for free and post their own review, good or bad.

Violations of these rules WILL get you banned.

You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2004, 12:02   #2
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Good rules...
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2004, 12:13   #3
ftierson
Registered

Whoops...

Looks like I just violated them because I have no dog...

Sorry...
Old December 21, 2004, 23:48   #4
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Jen,

I am sorry, but I disagree. I think that we all should be able to commet on the threads. In the most recent incident, it seems to have gotten some action for a member who could get none. And looking at how it was handled I don't think anyone can complain.

Just my two cents.

Vince
Old December 21, 2004, 23:58   #5
LV Hospice RN
Registered

FALaholic #: 3378
Reviews should be just what they say, a "review" of how something was handled. Not a verbal brawl related to how someone not even involved in the incident thinks should happen...

Good rule Jen!

darrell
sin city

This isn't a pessimistic statement, but rather, IMHO, a realistic viewpoint. When someone states they, "Have No Fear" or "Failure is NOT an option", they shout to the world just how naive' and egotistical they are. Whether it's the start of a military operation, running a new business, or the beginning of a romance, FAILURE is indeed an option. The goal is to work hard, work smart, and stay focused so "failure", while remaining an option, never occurs.
LV Hospice RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2004, 00:40   #6
bigant
Registered

FALaholic #: 11598
Re: Reviews Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
Rule #1: If you don't have a dog in the fight, stay out of it. Reviews should be made and responded to by the parties involved, period. If you are not involved, but want to throw in your 2 the reviews forum is not the place to do it. If your comments are related to business you have previously done with the parties involved then your posts are acceptable commentary, but if you're not involved stay out of it.

Rule #2: Reviews posted 'for a friend' or the like are not acceptable. If your friend wants to comment about a transaction then they can register on the site for free and post their own review, good or bad.

Violations of these rules WILL get you banned.
Well then I suggest you remove the ability to respond to threads in the review section. But IMO a review is a Opinion by someone about a product, service or treatment by a individual or company(just to name a few). So whats wrong with one giving their .02 on weather they concur or disagree as long as it does not become a cursing match! Since some people may have a axe to grind, since they are angry and we all know that we dont always do or say whats right when we are mad. Well since your incharge you can dictate to us how its going to be or not to be!

Toodles

Bigant
bigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2004, 19:46   #7
ftierson
Registered

Actually, the more that I think about Rule #1, the more that I think that I agree with Vince.

And I still have no dog...
Old March 31, 2007, 08:44   #8
Para Driver

FALaholic #: 6350
just my .02 here, but there should be some 'reasonable' timeframe before you give someone a 'bad' review.. I'd say a week, maybe two.. trading parts or selling a few items may not be a full time commercial activity for many members. This ain't WallyWorld.

If you order something, and send a check or MO, then it's going to take 2 weeks before you reasonably would expect to receive it.

If you receive the merchandise, and have some issue, then I think a week is reasonable to make contact, discuss the problem like gentlemen, and get a replacement or refund PLAN. Remember some folks travel for their jobs and may not have access for a few days.
Para Driver is offline   Reply With Quote