Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 14, 2019, 01:48   #51
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
""There is no absolute statistical certainty since statistics often deals with human norms which are based on vague definitions not subject to mathematical calculation."""

There we go again, not very well understood.

How do you explain Dr. Ben Carson???

https://www.biography.com/people/ben-carson-475422

Was it just affirmative action that allowed him to learn how/work out how to separate out conjoined twins, without killing them, causing brain damage, and also head John Hopkins pediatric surgery department?????

This world only has so many great brains, writing off a whole class of people based on their skin color, only allowing them to dig ditches, wash cars, harvest food stuffs, is truly a sign of mans great ability at stupidity on a grand scale.
There are always outliers, but it would appear that blacks are shifted approximately 1SD leftward on their normal distribution compared to whites, based on everything I've read, which would mean Carson is far more exceptional for his ability as a black man.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 12:57   #52
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
There are always outliers, but it would appear that blacks are shifted approximately 1SD leftward on their normal distribution compared to whites, based on everything I've read, which would mean Carson is far more exceptional for his ability as a black man.
It would not surprise me, if this was correct.

I've been out of this work on a daily basis for a very long time, last patients I saw were in 1995 or so, when after a long ass career,,could not take it any more and went into the education field.

All of the major instruments used were originally "norm-ed" on white middle class children and adults.

Poor whites did poorly on the test as well as poor blacks, because at the origination of these exams, they, in the case of blacks, made up such a small percentage of the population, and also, ingrained institutional prejudice against them, the ""why waste time/money on that population"", they can't even attend main stream colleges and universities, etc.

Large scale psychological studies cost a fortune to conduct, so, they targeted their likely audience that could pay for the services.

"""it would appear that blacks are shifted approximately 1SD leftward on their normal distribution compared to whites"""

I offer this on the above;

The white population this was normed against, are NOT the "poor white" population, the poor whites at the bottom of the socioeconomic scale.

Poor whites and poor blacks, both are toward the bottom of the curve on all of this data and both do poorly on these exams and both require shading/weighting for proper correlation of the results when compared against the normative sample compared against.

We have some really bright/intelligent people here on FF,,,,however, I could create an IQ exam where 90% or better of you would fall into the retarded stage.

Simply norm the exam on PHd history majors and PhD math majors, regardless of their color.

What I learned after 26 yrs or so working with people in this area, after all the advanced degrees in this shit,,,

That " all people" all have a certain potential, and from the time of their birth, their interaction with the world at large, either helps or hinders them from attaining their very best individual potential.

I could spend all my free time with all PHd's, medical doctors, research scientist, engineers, etc, I would be, am fully accepted, in that world, or spend my free time here with otherwise "normal" people.

Normal people, who judge people, as either decent or non decent, I find far more enjoyable and worthwhile.

The "system" works to separate out people daily, put some on top, ones they choose, while others are regaled happily to the basement of our short existence on this earth.

Why in the hell would I want to be part of that worthless shit??????

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 13:05   #53
SWOHFAL
Registered

Poor whites do better on STs than high income blacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achiev...come_and_class

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Old January 14, 2019, 13:16   #54
bubbagump
Registered

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
American blacks, yes. Central African blacks are more like 2 sigma.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 13:34   #55
SWOHFAL
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
American blacks, yes. Central African blacks are more like 2 sigma.
And American blacks average about 20% European DNA....

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Old January 14, 2019, 13:39   #56
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Poor whites do better on STs than high income blacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achiev...come_and_class
""Barriers for disadvantaged students and efforts to close the gap""

""Religion""

Considering that up to 1959 or so, blacks were pretty much excluded from decent American educations, this is pretty darn good as for making up the differences.

""nternational comparisons
International educational math scores (2007)
(4th graders average score, TIMSS
International Math and Science Study, 2007)
American students:
(by origin) Maths
Score
Asian American 582
European American 550
Hispanic American 504
African American 482
Highlights From TIMSS 2007

As a whole, students in the United States lagged the best Asian and European nations in the TIMSS international math and science test. However, broken down by race, US Asians scored comparably to Asian nations, white Americans scored comparably to the best European nations. Although some racial generally score lower than whites in the US, they scored as well as whites in other European nations. Hispanic Americans averaged 505, comparable to students Austria and Sweden, while African Americans at 482 were comparable to Norway and Ukraine.[125]

Pretty smart folks in Norway and the Ukraine.

Old January 14, 2019, 13:45   #57
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The American Black today is as mentioned, a new racial group, with mixed DNA like S Americans and Mexicans.

The bell curve on IQ is true for all groups. Unfortunatley most criminals come from the low end of the bell curve, and are violent.

Most of the Communists also come from the low end of the curve, unless they are the snake oil liars like Schumer, Pelosi, Durbin, Obama, etc selling shit to the dumb followers, by giving them free shit.

I sat with a long time black friend the other day at the Y and chewed the fat; very insightful guy and totally dedicated to the Lord; and very aware of how life works. Most would dismiss him as just another shaved head black guy.

I am most angry at the criminals of every race, but BLM and the Illegals get my goat everyday.

I find 90% women of every race, genetically selected for arrogance, vacuousness, beauty obsessiveness, and are amoral $$$$ huntresses, disdainful of "rules"made by anyone; cops, banks, store clerks, waitresses, and other "peons."
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 14:27   #58
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
The American Black today is as mentioned, a new racial group, with mixed DNA like S Americans and Mexicans.

The bell curve on IQ is true for all groups. Unfortunatley most criminals come from the low end of the bell curve, and are violent.

Most of the Communists also come from the low end of the curve, unless they are the snake oil liars like Schumer, Pelosi, Durbin, Obama, etc selling shit to the dumb followers, by giving them free shit.

I sat with a long time black friend the other day at the Y and chewed the fat; very insightful guy and totally dedicated to the Lord; and very aware of how life works. Most would dismiss him as just another shaved head black guy.

I am most angry at the criminals of every race, but BLM and the Illegals get my goat everyday.

I find 90% women of every race, genetically selected for arrogance, vacuousness, beauty obsessiveness, and are amoral $$$$ huntresses, disdainful of "rules"made by anyone; cops, banks, store clerks, waitresses, and other "peons."
I really don't get you guys, ya low end criminals are dangerous but they have limited power as to how many they can hurt. The educated mfers that run this country have killed millions. Name one politicions that doesn't have a college education. No I don't think measuring intelligence is done right.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 14:34   #59
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

And then,,,,,,,,we got folks that see an education, a college/university degree, being akin to being a serial killer.

Some days, it just pays to remain out in the wood shop.

Old January 14, 2019, 19:54   #60
Bawana jim
Registered

I have a theory about IQ test and you guys won't give a crap about it. The test leave out big parts of the human experience in particular manipulation of thinking. It's a good theory with lots of anecdotal evidence but really who gives a hoot.
Old January 14, 2019, 20:34   #61
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Old January 15, 2019, 06:22   #62
bubbagump
Registered

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I have a theory about IQ test and you guys won't give a crap about it. The test leave out big parts of the human experience in particular manipulation of thinking. It's a good theory with lots of anecdotal evidence but really who gives a hoot.
Well that's the thing about IQ tests, they're supposed to measure native intelligence. There are big parts of the human experience commonly called thinking that are not native intelligence.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2019, 19:21   #63
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Well that's the thing about IQ tests, they're supposed to measure native intelligence. There are big parts of the human experience commonly called thinking that are not native intelligence.
for instance the IQ test doesn't measure what you are willing to believe. Measuring intelligence should have a section that measure what bs you will fall for.
Old January 15, 2019, 19:30   #64
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Book burning next?????

Thought police????

Screw that 1st amendment shit, why you say, because that sum bitch actually used it to disagree with me.