http://potomacteapartyreport.wordpre...sburg-manhunt/

I found this too:

http://articles.herald-mail.com/2012...-dog-last-year
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2012, 13:57   #2
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

FALaholic #: 28548
Apparently, the 'anonymous informant/tipster' told police the guy was going crazy and had about 10-15 'machine gun type weapons' and a huge ammo stash, etc.

That information turned out to be completely false, but it brought the attention of the FBI and everybody else, apparently.

The second link is from back in June, where a man with the same name in the same county in the same town had a civil suit with a neighbor whose dogs apparently killed his. The judge made some remarks to the neighbor about how pit bulls are eeeeeeevillll, but nevertheless ruled in the neighbor's favor.

So... after the hassle of a civil suit...an 'anonymous tipster' calls in on Mr Porter...resulting in a major SWAT style raid....

Hmmm.....
Old December 11, 2012, 14:22   #3
EPC WN
Registered

FALaholic #: 65612
Apparently he was a felon which made him a prohibited possessor of said firearms confiscated. Running your mouth has NEVER helped anyone's well being. Low hanging fruit IMO.
Old December 11, 2012, 14:29   #4
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Further research shows that the complaining neighbor appears to be on facebook, with a link to here - https://www.facebook.com/helpvictimsofhswcmd

Which contains a blurb about Terry Porter. Then I read this -

https://www.facebook.com/helpvictimsofhswcmd/info which has the following:

"Have you had the HSWCMD ignore your pleas for help? Have they allowed a dangerous animal to continue to roam your neighborhood? Was your pet attacked and you received no justice? If so then this is the place for you to air your grievances and to join together with others from our community to voice their concerns and seek to change animal abuse by the HSWCMD."

Which I thought was weird... a person whose pit bull(s) attacked a guy's dog and killed it is a facebook friend/supporter of a group trying to get the local humane society to put a stop to just those types of events...

Weird... Obviously, I have too much time on my hands today...
Old December 11, 2012, 14:31   #5
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post
Apparently he was a felon which made him a prohibited possessor of said firearms confiscated. Running your mouth has NEVER helped anyone's well being. Low hanging fruit IMO.
Ah... but read a bit closer - authorities did not know about the 20 yr old drug charge until AFTER they began investigating him as a 'prepper'.

Which means he was targeted for investigation because of his political views and for being a 'prepper'. The old drug charge showed up later and was used for the excuse to raid the home. And in any event... FBI? SWAT teams? Armored cars?

The neighbors seem generally po'd about the heavy-handed response from .guv...
Old December 11, 2012, 14:35   #6
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Wow, I just did a google search for 'terry porter prepper' to see if any new info had come out... and I find that THIS THREAD is the number 2 result...

Old December 11, 2012, 14:49   #7
EPC WN
Registered

And? Preppers are usually armed. A quick background check pulls up a felony. What is the next logical step? They were "informed" of a potential problem. They followed up on it and figured out he wasn't permitted to own firearms. Did they go overboard? Yes.

More importantly what can we learn from the situation? Keep yer mouth shut about what you may or may not have. It is really that simple. If you can't trust someone with your life and they ask if you're a prepper just tell them you have the FEMA recommended amount of provisions to be prudent and leave it at that. When you tell anyone about your preps you are trusting them with your life sustainability potentially in the future. Just don't do it. Pretty simple.
Old December 11, 2012, 14:54   #8
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

found this - http://marylandtoday.blogspot.com/20...-years-in.html

"A Washington County Circuit Court judge sentenced a pregnant woman to four years in prison after she pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit burglary for stealing jewelry from her grandmother to support a drug habit.“To steal from your grandmother. That’s pretty low,” Judge M. Kenneth Long Jr. said before imposing a sentence of fifteen years with all but four years suspended on Desirae Marie Churchey, twenty-one, of four thousand, two hundred and nine Mills Road Sharpsburg. Churchey’s boyfriend, Cory Ryan Butts, was in court last week, pleading guilty to criminal conspiracy, theft and a handgun charge. He was sentenced to eight years in prison."

Desirae's facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/desirae.churchey

Under 'other' is a link to HSWCMD - same as Denesa Churchey's facebook page...

So... Terry Porter is anti-Obama, his dog is killed by Denesa Churchey's pit bull(s), he sues her and causes some legal grief but there's no financial judgement... THEN (on the same street, mind you) a Desirae Churchey and her boyfried get caught up in some legal problems and face imprisonment for stealing from 'her grandmother' (Denesa??) to support a drug habit..

THEN Terry Porter gets ratted on by an anonymous informant...

Sounds like a certain someone(s) trying to make a deal and get some time cut off their sentence maybe?
Old December 11, 2012, 15:01   #9
EPC WN
Registered

You might want to send your theory to Mr. Porter... I would want to know if I were him.
Old December 11, 2012, 22:28   #10
Roadmarker
Ever vigilant
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Nice work Tinman. Sounds just about right to me also. Shame, shame, shame.
Roadmarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 13:43   #11
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post

More importantly what can we learn from the situation? Keep yer mouth shut about what you may or may not have. It is really that simple. If you can't trust someone with your life and they ask if you're a prepper just tell them you have the FEMA recommended amount of provisions to be prudent and leave it at that. When you tell anyone about your preps you are trusting them with your life sustainability potentially in the future. Just don't do it. Pretty simple.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old December 12, 2012, 16:25   #12
homelandprotector
Registered

FALaholic #: 16592
I am Terry Porter.
Old December 14, 2012, 07:03   #13
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Gossip is big business.

Keep your pets indoors, don't get into pissing contests with neighbors, mind
your own business. Eventually someone that's stupid will cause themselves
to become known to the authorities. I don't think that means you ignore
something criminal though.

I've had my share of stuff go wrong and just had to suck it up and move on.
You get engaged in a Hatfield and McCoy retribution vendetta and your life
will quickly devolve in to a hell that no one can help you out of.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote