The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old April 05, 2019, 14:28   #1
DrJake
Registered

FALaholic #: 80449
ACTUAL value of a Enterprise L1A1 Build?

Alright, I've been following this auction and put in a bid back around the $1,500 mark. Parts look pretty good, Enterprise Aussie receiver, etc...but current bid is at $3,200 for a parts build weapon? Am I missing something here about this rifle/receiver?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805508484
DrJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:00   #2
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 21848
$1200 rifle
munchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:12   #3
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
WTF is the milled out groove on the right side of the receiver? Photo #8?

Bid up to over $3K? Wow
Old April 05, 2019, 15:13   #4
imacoonass01
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Got to get mine on there and get the 2nd highest bidder to win it!
Old April 05, 2019, 15:13   #5
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Your bid of $1500 was enough. After that you are throwing money away

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:28   #6
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I would think $1600 + around here. I want to my FALs where munchoman buys his.

Jarhead
Old April 05, 2019, 15:37   #7
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Insane, it sold for $3225. And I don't think that's a forged E-prise receiver. I believe they went to cast receivers around S/N 4500

Last edited by MACV; April 05, 2019 at 15:42.
MACV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:37   #8
pl521
Registered

FALaholic #: 74645
That’s a record for an Aussie built on non ABNI Entreprise L1A1 receiver.

Who is sitting on all the L1A1 kits waiting for a receiver?
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 15:56   #9
enbloc8
Registered

FALaholic #: 51665
Fairly late-date AD71 serial number on the kit (for those interested in such things) and it looked like it might have been a numbers-matching kit. Don't know how much of a premium those would command....

Last edited by enbloc8; April 13, 2019 at 09:59. Reason: Clarification, late serial # on the kit not the receiver.
enbloc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 16:36   #10
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
HG are aftermarket. Maybe the other furniture too.

Wasn’t just one guy, there were a few bidders over $2000.

Wow
Old April 07, 2019, 08:03   #11
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Looks like the furniture is Ironwood. I wonder if he is still around?

Vince
Old April 07, 2019, 09:16   #12
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 536
The seller, Tanners Sport Shop is my favorite gun store in Pa, they have an absolutely incredible selection, they use to have the best selection of used pistols of any shop I've ever seen bar none!!! Their prices were incredible on those used hand guns. Lately their selection has sucked ass, I think it's because they realize that they can get far more $$ selling those pistols online vs in store.
A few years ago, when I was selling off a large portion of my collection to buy my new house I used them to ship, they still have the best price for that. A lot of the guys that work there really have no idea of how much FAL's are worth or the difference between them, on top of that I have NEVER seen another FAL at any of the ranges here in Pa, & I've been a member of 5 different ranges all over Pa & visited numerous more. I think what's going on with this shop is that they have an absolute huge number of people that follow them on Facebook & apparently those people are also following them on GB now. They have an almost "cult like" following here in Pa. I think there are a lot of guys that are late to the game & want a FAL for the collection & when they see one they buy it no matter how overpriced.
Take a look @ this one they recently sold on GB, I stopped bidding around $1800

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/802452451

Anonymous
The FAL is not a "platform".
It is a lady-lookin' foreign made collection of sexy Belgian curves that intimidates the shit out of today's Pajama-boy males.
Near Sighted Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2019, 10:27   #13
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchoman View Post
$1200 rifle
You couldn't build that one for $1,200.00.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2019, 12:21   #14
garandguy10
Registered

FALaholic #: 10840
The actual value of something is what someone actually paid for it.
Assuming that shill bidding was not involved and that rifle was bought and paid for, it would appear that Entreprise L1A1's are appreciating.

If you think it is too expensive now, just wait until around 01/20/2021.....

Last edited by garandguy10; April 07, 2019 at 18:47.
garandguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2019, 20:16   #15
Sk8Man
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 14853
Pure Ignorance (a gross lack of knowledge) purchased that rifle! Not enough sense and to much "plastic" in their back pocket.

"A man’s character is accurately measured by his reaction to life’s inequalities."

"The highest courage is to dare to be true to yourself in the face of adversity, choosing right over wrong,
ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity. These are the choices that measure your life.
Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing."
Sk8Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 08, 2019, 04:07   #16
The Chief
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 76457
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtz View Post
Looks like the furniture is Ironwood. I wonder if he is still around?

Vince
Matt is definitely still around, just talked with him the other month. He made me a set of AK furniture, quite nice
COBC #66
Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
(formerly 'Capt D')
The Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 08, 2019, 07:24   #17
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
Matt is definitely still around, just talked with him the other month. He made me a set of AK furniture, quite nice

If you think about it, give him my best.

Vince
Old April 08, 2019, 16:09   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Guess I need to check the serial number on my Enterprise inch upper. Have pair of Coonan and a pair of the limited edition DSA forged L1a1 receivers. Have purchased way too many parts past five years and learning can buy completed rifles cheaper than parts then build in many cases. Often buying rifles could part out for fair profit and as last L1a1, FAL and L2 were purchased for under market my big pile of parts may soon hit the Marketplace rather than become builds with just enough kept in case mood hit me for a single build or needed spare barrel for an existing rifle. So my Enterprise receiver if under serial number 4500 is of greater value than later?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019, 09:15   #19
Vulcanator
Registered

FALaholic #: 76076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
WTF is the milled out groove on the right side of the receiver? Photo #8?

Bid up to over $3K? Wow
That's a lightening cut which was a feature on those receivers.
Vulcanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019, 09:38   #20
wilson180
Registered

FALaholic #: 80897
Here is one I bought last year. Entreprise Buena Park receiver with an all matching Australian parts kit.
wilson180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019, 09:57   #21
enbloc8
Registered

FALaholic #: 51665
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson180 View Post
Here is one I bought last year. Entreprise Buena Park receiver with an all matching Australian parts kit.
I've seen those come up once in a while, they look like they were built from the New Zealand war-reserve rifles that came to the US. I call 'em "poor man's Poyers".
enbloc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2019, 20:38   #22
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
My "new to me" L2a1 is on an Enterprise Buena Park ABNI upper receiver and came with a very nice SUIT and a standard inch dust cover.

Posted my frustration in another thread where we considering buying a cobbled together L2a1 off Gunbroker just for the gas block. (Still kicking myself for not buying it but got so excited about the rifle offered forgot about the Gunbroker rifle) Files member emailed me said knew older gentleman selling one and needed fast cash due to health issues so jumped with only three very crappy pics from 80+ year old owner and word from Files member. When he took possession he sent me these pics via text message before shipping.

After driving all over Washington State, handling the money exchange he noticed it had a metric rear sight and a few other small details he swapped and tidied up for me. Being a dealer he said if I didn't want it he would buy and then part out. He could have flipped this for a tidy profit parting out but didn't charge me a dime to go inspect, handle money, pick up, swap on as many proper parts as had in his inventory and ship to my FFL who freaked out thinking it was a Class 3 machinegun. He sent picture of receipt for shipping and said to reimburse via PayPal which I threw in an extra six bucks plus change to make a round number and reimburse two gallons of his gas. He even had an LED module to go in SUIT rather than replacing tritium tubes. Paid less for this rifle with accessories shown than any L2a1 had ever contemplated buying.

308/223shooter is now my future "go to" guy for parts and anything inch or metric though seemed to imply he leans more toward inch rifles than metric but knows his stuff. If need inch parts or anything would recommend him as first person to chase though it's hard to say as good as adam762 has been to me as well as others. Raexxt2 ranks up there in my top three but then can't discount fly2.0 who has sent me AR 15 needs at no charge just to be a good egg. Basically just keep your business on Files with reputable Files members and won't be disappointed. Can't wait to take the "new" L2a1 to the range. Hoping the final parts need for my Canadian and British heavy barrel kits pop up before tempted to sell the kits and will have a trio of heavy barrels probably forcing a look at an izzy. Please don't go down the rabbit hole, if your a lurker here contemplating you first FAL or first heavy barrel run away before your broke but surrounded with heavy rifles need someone to carry to the shooting bench for you.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote