Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old March 31, 2019, 15:49   #1
HanShotFirst
Registered

FALaholic #: 81136
Metric Rifle issue accessories

Hey all,

I'm all about accessorizing...No, I'm not a gay interior decorator...

So for the Belgian style metric military FAL's, what are the correct and appropriate accessories that went with each rifle at the time of issue.

I'm talking factory cleaning kit, any tools (metric), etc.

I'm thinking right off the bat each rifle would be issued with a sling, cleaning kit, blank firing device, stripper clip guide. What else am I missing? I see all sorts of stuff for the Commonwealth rifles, but not much for the metric guns. So what accessories are correct, what else am I missing...and any idea where I can find such accessories?
HanShotFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019, 16:07   #2
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
First off, we need to know the exact model you're talking about.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2019, 00:05   #3
kysjck
Registered

FALaholic #: 31833
Like everything FAL there is a wide array to choose from. Cleaning kits are mostly junk, like a string pull through. The Steyr multi-tool is OK. Not much else in the way of useful tools for the user to carry in the field. Military scopes were mounted too high; usually to use iron sights under the scope. FALs weren't designed for optics. Bayonets only work on certain muzzle devices, and there are several different ones. All slings work on all FALs. Correctness becomes less relevant if YOU carry a FAL all day. Pick one that works for you. The pistol grip kit is another barely useful item. I go with USGI cleaning and multi tools when they work on FALs.
kysjck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 10:05   #4
ruskiegunlover
Registered

FALaholic #: 28545
I have the entire israeli harness, yoke, pouches for the lb fal. Have a full p58 rig for my l1a1 too. Picked up the belgian belt to go with all of it. Need a belgian surplus high power holster though with the wire hanger to complete the rig.

Modern gear is cool I guess. Surplus just seems better for this type of stuff. My ars have all the modern stuff. The fals need the tradition.
ruskiegunlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 14:32   #5
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62175
Argy DGFM Hi-Power is a must.
One of the best shooters of all my Hi-Powers.

The original green slings are harder to find than hens teeth.
They were plentiful 5 or 6 years ago for $30.
Last one I saw (within last 12 months) sold for over $250

Graham
Grahamneall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2019, 15:51   #6
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 81718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
I have the entire israeli harness, yoke, pouches for the lb fal. Have a full p58 rig for my l1a1 too. Picked up the belgian belt to go with all of it. Need a belgian surplus high power holster though with the wire hanger to complete the rig.

Modern gear is cool I guess. Surplus just seems better for this type of stuff. My ars have all the modern stuff. The fals need the tradition.
Wish I could find some Israeli mag LB pouches and while I'm at this a bayonet for the long FS? I've got the Belgium mag pouch and belt.
Steve
Old April 14, 2019, 16:51   #7
ruskiegunlover
Registered

I found my israeli harness, belt, pouches on ebay. Look up israeli harness. 1st item....

Another guy selling israeli fal pouches. Got 4 from him.
Old April 14, 2019, 17:47   #8
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 81718
Thanks russie.
Old April 14, 2019, 18:22   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I have all the stuff issued with my L1a1's and currently sifting through the pile to ensure have a full set of issue accessories for my L2a1. I like receiving a rifle to open shipping container and find this when was told item for sale was L1a1's not with a whole bunch of accessories mixed in as had paid fair price for rifle and would have been happy had it just been the rifle in box.

The recent L2a1 was purchased through someone didn't know but a Files member went to his house, inspected rifle, worked me out a heck of a deal where I paid for rifle. Later got email with photo of receipt for shipping with full value insurance and all Files member wanted was his out of pocket on shipping. Then he told me that while had in his shop noticed a few things like metric sights instead of L2 inch rear sight that went with the SUIT issues rifles. SUIT was in stunning condition as ws rifle. Now have correct 30 round magazine, bayonet, sling, etc.

Am pretty fat now with inch rifles having an Austin L2a1 and L1a1. Have British L1a1 and enough parts minus gas block for a Canadian C2a1 Canadian and enough could justify searching out enough parts for a Brit L2a1 leaving me short a Canadian L1a1 which we know how that will play out... Nothing like having plenty of inch magazines still in cosmoline coated paper and original issue boxes. Scored over 120 of these from one seller at price U.S. made metrics were selling for at time.

I am not huge into metric but have a very nice G3 that was my first buy on Files. Seller "knew" he had a pair of G3 kits and decided to sell his bottom tier kit leaving him his best kit if decided to build another. Raised my hand, paid and he could not find the kit he sold me. I was not upset and said just refund my cash and would buy next G3 kit that hit marketplace. He said sold me a G3 kit and a G3 kit is what I would get. Gave seller a dozen opportunities to back out but instead he shipped me his dang near perfect low round count G3 kit. It now is properly accessorized and added to pile.

Purchased a "bastard" 16" short barrel, short gas FAL from another Files member who said would ship fully 922r compliant. Said he had to remove current fire control system and replace with U.S. made for compliance which he did. When arrived the trigger pull was not good aS was told. Seller said it had been a good trigger before adding the U.S.FCS so we made a deal and he sold me the FCS had in rifle when his and soon as I swapped it back was very happy with trigger pull. He wanted to use that FCS in another rifle but like most Files folk wanted buyer to be 100% happy. Have no idea what accessories would be required to properly outfit this rifle.

Right now for my inch rifles am using a pair of British M4 rifle armor load bearing kits as rather have modern armor than period correct. Also have two British Kestrel armor kits as give bicep and very tall neck protection as are designed for mounted troops, not dismounted so are a tad heavy but very high level of protection. Also have a pair of British Osprey kits which are for dismounted troops and allow more mobility.

For the Austin L1a1 have been using what I current issue TBAS in Afghanistan and have a set in level 2 and level 3 (no relation to any U.S. NIJ rating as both have rifle plates. Already have a line on one of the new Aussie SCE sets (Soldier Combat Ensemble) as if anything am an armor hoe. Have two,different current German issue rifle rated vests which I use with the G3 and use U.S. IOTV with the green rifle which is about as much DSA/Coonan as European.I collect ammo as well and finding period correct specialty ammunition can be a huge chore. Just how much do you want to work and how much do you want to spend to go totally authentic? I can hook you up with uniforms from WWII to current.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2019, 20:17   #10
ruskiegunlover
Registered

I just bought a second israeli rig from the seller on ebay. This one will be set up fir the uzi I am hoping to get soon. Two mag pouches, 5 x 25 mags in each, plus a pouch for 2 boxes of ammo. The pack for a shooting blanket, ear muffs, small cleaning kit. Already habe one for the dsa light barrel israeli fal I have coming.

Ha, I am such a nerd.