The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old May 15, 2018, 15:47   #51
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
The US, Israel and our good 9/11 friends in Saudi Arabia want war with Iran ... so war it will be. The fact that Iran did not renege on any nuclear agreements is of no concern. So we should ask ourselves after we have settled into a new war with Iran as we have settled into old war with Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen; Are we safer now in the US .... are our European toadies safer? Is our dollar and economy stronger now with more military stimulation? Will additional war cause a rollback in the US spy/surveillance state at home? Will Russia sit on it's ass and allow itself it be encircled and capitulate into becoming another US client state? I for one will not sleep easy believing this will turn out well.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 15:56   #52
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
The US, Israel and our good 9/11 friends in Saudi Arabia want war with Iran ... so war it will be. The fact that Iran did not renege on any nuclear agreements is of no concern. So we should ask ourselves after we have settled into a new war with Iran as we have settled into old war with Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen; Are we safer now in the US .... are our European toadies safer? Is our dollar and economy stronger now with more military stimulation? Will additional war cause a rollback in the US spy/surveillance state at home? Will Russia sit on it's ass and allow itself it be encircled and capitulate into becoming another US client state? I for one will not sleep easy believing this will turn out well.
Who is the supplier of this "fact" that Iran was true blue and honest to their word on the obama deal?????

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 17:01   #53
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Who is the supplier of this "fact" that Iran was true blue and honest to their word on the obama deal?????
Well it would seem that the Saudis along with the UAE are saying they are not. No, there is no love lost between the Sauds and Iran but it would seem we don't need to trust the Sauds either on this as they have produced a fair bit of physical evidence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...r-deal-n829761
Old May 15, 2018, 18:00   #54
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Well it would seem that the Saudis along with the UAE are saying they are not. No, there is no love lost between the Sauds and Iran but it would seem we don't need to trust the Sauds either on this as they have produced a fair bit of physical evidence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...r-deal-n829761
Ah shucks, we ALL know for a fact, that everyone lies on poor little harmless Iran, its all a MIC plot, or worst yet, an Israeli manipulation, to go to war, bla, bla, bla.

Them rockets and shit fired last week at Israel, now that was one stupid ass move, loved the video of those idiots standing beside the launcher system picking out among themselves their 72 virgins when hell rained down on them, simply priceless!

Rule number 1, there are a lot of rule #1's, fire three maybe four rounds, then run like hell before tha enemy rains counter battery fire down upon your ass.

Them Iranians need a new manual on all this war fighting shit, the one they got is missing a few pages.

Old May 15, 2018, 18:33   #55
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Ah shucks, we ALL know for a fact, that everyone lies on poor little harmless Iran, its all a MIC plot, or worst yet, an Israeli manipulation, to go to war, bla, bla, bla.

Them rockets and shit fired last week at Israel, now that was one stupid ass move, loved the video of those idiots standing beside the launcher system picking out among themselves their 72 virgins when hell rained down on them, simply priceless!

Rule number 1, there are a lot of rule #1's, fire three maybe four rounds, then run like hell before tha enemy rains counter battery fire down upon your ass.

Them Iranians need a new manual on all this war fighting shit, the one they got is missing a few pages.
IDK, kinda thinking they really ought to keep on using the one they have
Old May 15, 2018, 21:28   #56
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
IDK, kinda thinking they really ought to keep on using the one they have
On second thought, ya most likely got a point there!

My wife and I sponsor foreign military officers going through school here at Fort Huachuca, we get so many Arabs/Muslims, I put up a sign in a spare bedroom, this way to Mecca for them to get pointed in the right direction!

Sitting and talking with them, it becomes apparent quickly, they are just lost on basic military matters.
And the ones we get here, are the best their countries have to offer.

To complete this school here, they need to run a long compass course and most of them simply can't do it.

I've taught a few dozen how to read a map, use a map and compass, but on second thought, might just need to cut that shit out too.

Old May 16, 2018, 10:01   #57
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:

dunno Paul...

Persians I was in College with were pretty sharp, far more than regular Arabs and generally smarter than the Euros. They were some of the only ones you could have a decent discussion on ancient history with.
None of them had Prayer rugs, a few had zero Islamic upbringing
and ya' know what ?
not one of them returned when the Revolution went down
most lost their entire families there

real shitty Obama thing
common Iranians rebelled, Ole'Negro turned a blind eye to that budding revolution...utter silence from DC
We did the same thing to the Chinese in like 86' too
Kunt HW even shipped droves of Chinese students who begged refugee status back to the PRC to stand trial, they mostly vanished into labor camps.

If Donald can broker a "peace" with the Norks, Iran is easy in comparison
main issue is the hate between them and the Saudis but I feel that's managable. I have Canuck friends who go there yearly. One guy hunts, two other couples are into ancient things. The Hunter tells that while permitting is a pain the people are wonderful, rates it a far better experience than elsewhere in Asia...much less Africa.

one of the other couples are 2nd cousins, the museums there are just insane but sort of like the museums in East Germany back then these are ignored today
If Iran opened up they can take in millions in tourism alone
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 15:25   #58
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
dunno Paul...

Persians I was in College with were pretty sharp, far more than regular Arabs and generally smarter than the Euros. They were some of the only ones you could have a decent discussion on ancient history with.
None of them had Prayer rugs, a few had zero Islamic upbringing
and ya' know what ?
not one of them returned when the Revolution went down
most lost their entire families there

real shitty Obama thing
common Iranians rebelled, Ole'Negro turned a blind eye to that budding revolution...utter silence from DC
We did the same thing to the Chinese in like 86' too
Kunt HW even shipped droves of Chinese students who begged refugee status back to the PRC to stand trial, they mostly vanished into labor camps.

If Donald can broker a "peace" with the Norks, Iran is easy in comparison
main issue is the hate between them and the Saudis but I feel that's managable. I have Canuck friends who go there yearly. One guy hunts, two other couples are into ancient things. The Hunter tells that while permitting is a pain the people are wonderful, rates it a far better experience than elsewhere in Asia...much less Africa.

one of the other couples are 2nd cousins, the museums there are just insane but sort of like the museums in East Germany back then these are ignored today
If Iran opened up they can take in millions in tourism alone
We have individuals in all societies that are smart, productive, top of their class and those from overseas many of us come into contact with fall into this group.

I was addressing their military forces.
Being an officer is seen as a status symbol for many countries in the middle east and Africa.
And most of these armies do not have a robust NCO corps, because they are terrified of some uppity NCO taking over their country.
So they have "Officers" and they have "men" and the two have very little contact with one another.
There is a very good reason none of these countries have produced a Patton or even a Montgomery (sic) , leadership as we all know it, with competent highly trained and educated officers and NCO's simply does not exist in their armies.

When an American Army NCO, say E7 or E8 is better trained, better educated, than 98% of the others General's, that army ain;t going to do shit on any battle field and that's what we have in the middle east and Africa today.

When the middle east and African countries STOP sending their Russian tanks directly into battle without air support and infantry to protect them, then maybe they will have finally learned something, but I don;t see it ever happening.

Give a child 100 new main line battle tanks, and they think they are supermen, of course a few hours later, there will be 100 burning wreaks on the battle field.