The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > CZ Firearms - Czech it out!

Notices

Old April 04, 2018, 20:24   #1
aussiedave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7307
CZ 805

Does anyone have any experience with a CZ 805, I am looking for a Not an AR gun in either 300blackout or 223. does anyone know if CZ-USA is going to do a barrel in 300BLK in the future. not interested in getting a rifle that is no longer imported, or is over $2000, or is not in the cals I am after.
Old April 13, 2018, 11:43   #2
hansellhd
Registered

FALaholic #: 31152
I have one, I like it. The 805 is rock solid. I have no idea if they will do a 300 blackout.

Old April 13, 2018, 19:16   #3
Combloc
Registered

FALaholic #: 55596
The 805 one of the best 556 rifles I own. 100% reliable, wonderful trigger and excellent accuracy. The only complaint I can think of is the fact that there are charging handle slots on both sides of the rifle. Because of this, it sometimes slings a little bit of debris out of the side when resting on the bench. That's a minor thing though.
Old April 14, 2018, 18:06   #4
SteelGreyML
Registered

FALaholic #: 68116
I have a pistol. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

https://imgur.com/a/wFJVQ
SteelGreyML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2018, 11:16   #5
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

Im waiting for the product improved 806 which is supposed to come out next year IIRC. The whole not being able to remove bolt without driving out a roll pin that is not recommended to be removed at the user level killed the 805 for me. Still a great rifle but will get better with the 806.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 07:57   #6
marcoc
Registered

FALaholic #: 79762
Also have the pistol. One of my keepers.

marcoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 07:22   #7
Tad_07
Registered

FALaholic #: 79492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Well,

Im waiting for the product improved 806 which is supposed to come out next year IIRC. The whole not being able to remove bolt without driving out a roll pin that is not recommended to be removed at the user level killed the 805 for me. Still a great rifle but will get better with the 806.

Thorack
I like the 806 improvements, but also keeping an eye out for the HK433. I've shot a 805 and love it, but the charging handle reciprocating kinda kills it for me [w/its location]. The 806 [& 807]will likely be a couple years out and not this yr or next yr as they said at SHOT...its such a good rifle they keep on getting military contracts, so the are backlogged already to fulfill those orders.

The 805 is very reminiscent of my ACR, but the balance is better and overall weight is pretty much the same. I will give CZ big props on their machining quality too. I only got to shoot ~600rds through 805, but those are my general impressions.
Tad_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2018, 00:02   #8
Marte.
Registered

FALaholic #: 3223
I really like mine. The machining is pretty amazing. I will say the trigger and accuracy were not as good as others have reported. 2-4 MOA and the trigger felt like it had a third stage in the take up. I cleaned that up and it's very good now. I do wish the trigger was a bit wider. I love shooting it and will never sell it but it does make me appreciate the simplicity and ease of cleaning of the AR15.
Marte. is offline   Reply With Quote