Notices

Old December 07, 2017, 20:33   #51
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
someone just walked into the high school at Aztec New Mexico and killed two students. Looks like they didn't have any kind of plan. None of the schools around here have armed guards that I'm aware of. stupid is as stupid does but unfortunately somebody has to pay the price. I have been there several times. Two families are grieving tonight because the people in charge refuse to protect their kids.
Prayers for the families.

Another shooting in a gun free zone.
Old December 08, 2017, 12:20   #52
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
My former church has a private school now. Grades K through 6 and each year add a grade as higher class moves up till it goes to senior year and diplomas. No scholarship resource officer(s) like all public schools and most private schools have. The private school I graduated from has officer in each main building plus a patrol vehicle with two men that can dispatch as needed as they move with flow of most traffic. Before resigned as Head of Security at previous church of 12 years warned them needed to reinstate insurance for security team (they cut out our insurance to save money but have 27 paid staff members)or they would bleed harder financially from civil suits following an active shooter than from the actual shooting.

They asked us to stay on post and work as "secret team" so insurance company no discover allowing armed men in building. So no insurance and zero protecti I n during week for school kids. They are a target waiting to happen. Seems like first event would have taught them a lesson but the team got so slick through lots of work think they believe it can handle all situations as did last few. Active shooters intercepted and run out on a rail without so much as disturbing congregation. Check my website legal section for new Alabama and Texas church security team laws. They are "run what you brung" and may swing to opposite side with no minimal standards of training mandated. Just any guy with a gun may shoot more innocents than a bad guy would. Especially half a dozen men shooting through panicking crowd at same time.

Website up to 25 pages with a new one every day plus another improved. Hope by New Years that it's of real use as tons of training programs and documentation to prove meeting standards of good practices. Just taking a while to rebrand and rework all my stuff from dedicated to single user to generic for multiple users to leverage. Have lawyers getting on the bus but need more to interpret their individual state laws.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2017, 17:14   #53
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Above all else, understand it takes a team. One armed defender is great. Two armed defenders is excellent. Two armed defenders who’ve never trained with one another, just got their CCW and called it a day, are just untrained guys with a gun and possibly as dangerous to the congregation as an active shooter. Simply being armed my feel like a deterrent but it is not enough. You have to coordinate, you have to actively train, and yes, that includes walking through drills inside the Church. Keep it simple. But on the upside, I can’t think of a better way to get closer to your fellow faithful, build those communal bonds, and deepen your own faith in the process.
https://brushbeater.wordpress.com/20...urity-details/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 10:22   #54
C-ya
One day at a time...
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16313
Huey, good stuff there. I noticed a few typos here and there but the info is useful and timely. My church is finally taking security more seriously. I am going to try to get some of the guys to go with me to Carl Chinn's seminar in April. I wanted to go to one last year but didn't make it. We have active and retired LEOs in the congregation and they are going to be leveraged for help and developing a real security plan for our Emergency Response Plan.
C-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 17:52   #55
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
While I agree on the creation of a defensive unit within the congregation, I think that it behoves us to study a bit more about what kind of creature is involved in church massacres, and then either prohibit or segregate that kind of individual from even entering a house of worship. Here are some facts from recent house of worship killings in North America:

Where Killer No. Killed Age of Killer Race Veteran Other

Sutherland
Springs Devin Kelly 26 26 W Y Supremacist

Islamic
Center
Quebec Alex Bissonnette 6 27 W N Supremacist

Burnette
Chapel Emanuel Samson 2 25 B N Immigrant

Emanuel
AMEC Dylan Roof 9 23 W N Supremacist

Overland
Park JCC Frazier Miller 3 73 W Y Supremacist

Sikh
Temple Wade Page 6 40 W Y Supremacist

Tenn Val
Unitarian
Universalist David Adkisson 2 58 W Y Supremacist

See a pattern here?

Don't think we have to fear immigrants too much, nor non-caucasians, nor females; no, the most dangerous killers related to houses of worship are male, white, racial supremacists, in their 20s and veterans.

Spooky, makes some of us not want to look in the mirror for fear of what might be staring back at us.
Old December 13, 2017, 22:38   #56
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post

See a pattern here?

Don't think we have to fear immigrants too much, nor non-caucasians, nor females; no, the most dangerous killers related to houses of worship are male, white, racial supremacists, in their 20s and veterans.

Spooky, makes some of us not want to look in the mirror for fear of what might be staring back at us.
1. If you're going to post statistics, you'll make a better case if you post the source as well.

2. Go back and check the statistics I posted earlier, provided by the Feds. Despite the Johnny-come-latelies, the Most Likely threat will come from someone already in the church congregation.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 12:43   #57
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I am continuing to add to church security site. Now have URL www.ChurchSecurityVolunteers.com and will have it active soon. Anyone with information would like it, any corrections email to address on site. Need lawyers in as many states possible as the laws on volunteer security can be same as a for profit security business. Site should be much more helpful by January.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote