The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Glock Files

Notices

Old June 19, 2019, 12:23   #1
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Goldilocks Glock 19

Did a little informal testing carrying various Glocks the past few weekends while out and about and doing chores. The pistolas in question were a G26, G19, and a G22. All were toted about in the same well-broken in horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck around at 3:30-4:00, maybe farther back, on the waist band.

First up was the G22, a recent purchase and hence my desire to enjoy some up close and personal quality time with it. Carried well, no major issues other than it did poke my wallet in my back pocket occasionally and did seem to want to ride up while seated and driving.

Next was the G19. Only issue was riding up a little while seated.

Next was the G26. About the same riding up issue as the G19. For some strange reason I had issues with re-holstering the piece about 75% of the time. Also, I just can't love the grip I get when drawing the 26. I recall the same issue with a 27 I carried for a while before selling it. I just don't get a good grab on these and feel I need to adjust or juggle the piece after drawing.

So, at the end of the day I feel the best all-around EDC choice is the 19 (or 23, I have a couple of them as well). The grip is just right, and it carries just as well as the 26 (27). I have no issue with packing the 22 (17) but if much sitting and/or driving is involved then the 19 definitely gets the nod.

And a little off topic but a thought I had concerning the G45/G19X. I felt up a new Gen 5 G45 a few gunshows back and liked it a lot. Not enough to buy one, but it did turn my head and got me to thinking about it. Then the other day I realized I could run a G17 mag with a grip sleeve in my 19 and have the same thing. And option of the shorter mag if desired. Dang, beat myself out of new gun.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 12:33   #2
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
The 19 just feels right,,carry one often.
I have 22's converted to 357 Sig,,that ride around in the vehicles at all times,and the extra size and weight helps control that round.

My 32C,,ported, 357 Sig,,the blast is to be beheld is an understatement.

But all ride well and shoot poa.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 14:50   #3
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Ive been a long time Glock 19 fan and have ccwd one for several years now, I own a handful.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop! -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 17:07   #4
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 82243
Ive got two 19s, one a 19x. Love them but for carry I prefer 45auto and the g36 although isn't as known is the same size as the 19.
Great stuff.
Old June 25, 2019, 16:51   #5
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_fd72bm5wY

Goodbye Glock hola iwi Jericho psl compact. Uses cz mags too. Better quality at a lower price. The 941 grip is superb. I picked up a Glock after handling the 941 and was ...........
0302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019, 18:52   #6
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Ill stick with my Glocks...

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop! -C. Montgomery Burns
Old June 25, 2019, 20:04   #7
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Thank G-D for my old firearms instructors back at Bragg today!!!!

Had the Rabbi and a few others out for the weekly,,,lets scare Paul to death by being swept a few times as he teaches us to shoot,,,had a few minutes as a friend (retired LAPD) I drafted was working with them,,so picked up my 19,,,four mags later,,all rapid fire double taps,,,,putttttttt, no fire!!!

Heard the primer fire, but no ignition,,had my speaker muffs on,,,,didn't pull the trigger again,,,,so saved gun and my fingers!!!!

1st squib load in 30/40 yrs,,,,ugh!!!!

Factory Remington Golden sabers????.........................

Old June 25, 2019, 20:24   #8
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Thank G-D for my old firearms instructors back at Bragg today!!!!

Had the Rabbi and a few others out for the weekly,,,lets scare Paul to death by being swept a few times as he teaches us to shoot,,,had a few minutes as a friend (retired LAPD) I drafted was working with them,,so picked up my 19,,,four mags later,,all rapid fire double taps,,,,putttttttt, no fire!!!

Heard the primer fire, but no ignition,,had my speaker muffs on,,,,didn't pull the trigger again,,,,so saved gun and my fingers!!!!

1st squib load in 30/40 yrs,,,,ugh!!!!

Factory Remington Golden sabers????.........................
Wow- you had a squib with Golden Sabers? Glad you werent hurt

Old June 25, 2019, 21:33   #9
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Wow- you had a squib with Golden Sabers? Glad you werent hurt
Worst than that,,,,,Rabbi had just stepped back into my indoor cubicle,,,his head was about 20 inches to the side and 12 inches behind/below my weapon.

He's short!

Old June 25, 2019, 22:15   #10
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Ive been a long time Glock 19 fan and have ccwd one for several years now, I own a handful.
Wouldn't that be one?
Old June 25, 2019, 22:18   #11
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Battle Rifle View Post
Wouldn't that be one?
I own several 19s but Ive ccwd a particular Gen4 for the past few years

Old June 26, 2019, 07:03   #12
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Wouldn't that be one?
Depends on the size of the hand I guess.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 07:51   #13
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I want a Glock 19 barrel in 380 acp and a handful of Glock 25 barrels. Till they sell Glock 25's to civilians in the U.S. I will never own a Glock. Period.

They sell then to Mexican civilians and many other countries but are LEO only in U.S. How freaking evil is a mid size 380 my wife with degenerative bone disease can use. Meanwhile she has three, maybe four Walther PK380's. Wish I could find someone who would chamber a 19 barrel in 380 because the 25 magazines are not hard to find and other than a softer spring that's all it takes to convert a 19 into a 25. 17 rounds of 380 in a G25 and wife would likely not even have to reload in a multiple assailant event.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 08:07   #14
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
I want a Glock 19 barrel in 380 acp and a handful of Glock 25 barrels. Till they sell Glock 25's to civilians in the U.S. I will never own a Glock. Period.

They sell then to Mexican civilians and many other countries but are LEO only in U.S. How freaking evil is a mid size 380 my wife with degenerative bone disease can use. Meanwhile she has three, maybe four Walther PK380's. Wish I could find someone who would chamber a 19 barrel in 380 because the 25 magazines are not hard to find and other than a softer spring that's all it takes to convert a 19 into a 25. 17 rounds of 380 in a G25 and wife would likely not even have to reload in a multiple assailant event.
The 25s and 28s do pop up on a rare occasion but be prepared to fork over a lot of scratch for one.

Old June 28, 2019, 16:27   #15
Woodpusherpro
Registered

FALaholic #: 82490
Quote:
Wouldn't that be one?
🙈🙉
Old July 03, 2019, 15:38   #16
LKY_13
Sig Sauer Me
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
Goodbye Glock hola iwi Jericho psl compact.
Hows that working out for you? Always loved the concept, but I held a steel version and... well, I kinda hated it. Haven't yet been able to shoot the polymer version. I hear good things about it, though...
LKY_13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2019, 21:27   #17
Registered

The clock is a gun for the simple man. You can only do one thing with a Glock, pull the trigger. I like having options. The 941 polymer frame has a hammer and a 1911 style Safety. I conceal carry it in a belt slide holster with the safety off in the hammer at half cock. I have used my pistol as a blunt instrument before and its very nice to be able to place it on safe if you have to use it like that. It feels great in my hand, even better than a 1911.Its been fully battle tested by the Israeli army. Mine is a 40 Smith & Wesson. I liked him bigger bullets. I have finally found my sweet spot.
Old July 03, 2019, 21:31   #18
Registered

Its made by Gods chosen people, I like that
Old July 03, 2019, 22:06   #19
FN FNG
Registered

FALaholic #: 79897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post

I believe its the barrel and locking block. The G25/28 is not a locked breach model.

Hey OP if you get a chance handle the new G19 gen 5 FS (optic cut model) they got rid of the half moon cut out on the front of the grip. The gun feels killer
FN FNG is offline   Reply With Quote