The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old May 09, 2019, 06:33   #1
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
More shooting through windshields during PD chase

As I watch this, I wonder how much the 9mm is really effective after going through a windshield.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...508-story.html

Video shows Anaheim police firing 76 shots during ‘alarming and irresponsible’ chase

Orange County prosecutors Wednesday released dramatic video showing two Anaheim police officers firing 76 shots at a suspect during a high-speed pursuit that the district attorney’s office called “alarming and irresponsible.”

One of the officers has been fired, and the other faces potential internal discipline after firing through the windshield of a police cruiser at a man they believed to be armed, ultimately killing him.

Eliuth Penaloza Nava, 50, was struck by at least nine bullets.

Orange County Dist. Atty. Todd Spitzer’s office on Wednesday released videos of the incident and a letter analyzing the deadly shooting. Prosecutors, while finding that the officers ultimately acted legally because of the threat of what they believed to be a real gun in the hands of a man high on narcotics, took the unusual step of questioning the officers’ behavior.

“The fact that the two involved officers discharged their weapons 76 times, from a moving patrol car at Nava’s moving car, at approximately 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, in a residential neighborhood where residents, including children, were home and on the streets, was alarming and irresponsible based on the totality of all the circumstances in this specific case,” the report stated.

The “conclusion that all of the available evidence is insufficient to warrant the filing of criminal charges against the two officers should not in any way diminish the fact that [this office] is alarmed by this conduct,” Deputy Dist. Atty. Scott Wooldridge wrote.

Officer Kevin Pedersen, the driver of the police cruiser during the pursuit, was terminated as a probationary officer, and Officer Sean Staymates, a 10-year veteran, faces potential discipline and remains on administrative leave, Anaheim Police Chief Jorge Cisneros said.
Old May 09, 2019, 13:07   #2
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183

Quote:
The “conclusion that all of the available evidence is insufficient to warrant the filing of criminal charges against the two officers should not in any way diminish the fact that [this office] is alarmed by this conduct,” Deputy Dist. Atty. Scott Wooldridge wrote.
How about reckless endangering?...I assume Kenyafornia has a law against that. Holy crap that was nothing but reckless and stupid. I wonder if they are trained to do this? My chief would not only have prosecuted them, he and the rest of the dept would have drug them out behind the station and worked them over with their batons.

This is beyond shocking behavior!

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 13:16   #3
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
They didn't neutralize the threat, they assassinated it.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 13:36   #4
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Like I say....some people just shouldn't have guns.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 13:58   #5
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
THAT is SUCH BULLSHIT.......... All I hear is the other cop yelling shoot shoot shoot....

I go to Frontsight for classes and they stress that WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY ROUND WE FIRE in a shoot out and 'WE' cannot afford to have errant rounds going everywhere......and these fuckers blast away while driving,in a res area,from a moving car... I would like to see a report on where the other rounds went... looks like total bad shoot to me and those 2 should be prosecuted..........
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 15:22   #6
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
When I was doing that stuff back in the 80's, our general orders expressly prohibited firing at a moving vehicle, or from a moving vehicle.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 09:48   #7
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
kommiefornia execution squad should be fired for wasting taxpayer resources. the chinese do it with just one bullet.

so, he didn't even have a gun. hard to paint this one in a good light.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 11:53   #8
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
No Good.
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 11:58   #9
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Looks like reckless driving to me, let alone shooting!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 16:40   #10
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
wonder were all those bullets went

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

"Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.”

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 20:12   #11
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Some dumb as dog shit behaviour there.... at the very least the one unloading the Glock out the windscreen needs prosecuting. Even after he alights his vehicle and keeps on dumping round after round you have to ask yourself about where down that residential street the misses are landing.... retard.
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 01:54   #12
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Okay, here's the deal going on here in my opinion.

You have an Officer incapable of using his left hand for other than maintaining his car. Piggie panic shoots right through the windshield

actually, this is common. Right handed folks are often mentally disabled from using the left hand,
Think back folks
Didn't we all have GFs that when sitting in the passenger seat had to crossarm with the right to change the radio station ?
yeah quite a few are getting the picture now...

you have to be straight dumbass to try to shoot through the windshield
well unless your left arm is basically mentally disabled and it truly is with many shooters.

I am hardcore lefthanded but I'm a mutant in that I am cross dominant.
I write with my left but my right eye is the dominant one
For precision I prefer my right hand with a pistol, I can murder shit just as easily with my left within 30 odd yards
I shoot off my right shoulder as well but can shift left when needed
CD lefties ?
we are like 3% of the left handed population. yeah we are super rare overall, far less than 1% and I would not do that shit.

That piggie should face charges for reckless discharge at the least.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 17:42   #13
J308
Registered

FALaholic #: 7448
Howdy, fellow mutant.
If anyone... anyone at all that wasn't a cop, did this, they'd be in jail the rest of their lives.
J308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 18:07   #14
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
insert standard department procedure here:

nothing to see here, move along, police business, keep moving

(sweep, sweep,sweep lift rug sweep under)

there now nothing for you to worry about
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 18:20   #15
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Well that looks like shit straight out of a movie like Bullitt. At least they got their man and a notch in their holsters. There will be one hell of a lawsuit.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 18:55   #16
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Well that looks like shit straight out of a movie like Bullitt. At least they got their man and a notch in their holsters. There will be one hell of a lawsuit.
No way, bullitt had a much better chase scene.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 19:23   #17
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
No way, bullitt had a much better chase scene.
Ok, Redneck version of the French Connection commingled with Adam 12

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 21:36   #18
garandguy10
Registered

FALaholic #: 10840
Who the **** trained these police officers that discharging a firearm inside a vehicle is a good idea?

Who the **** thinks a 9mm/.40 caliber bullet has much energy or accuracy after going through a windshield from the inside out?

Not to mention that this happened in a residential area in Anaheim California, a fairly upscale community in Southern California?

What do you bet both these officers sue the state for permanent disability due to the permanent hearing loss they imposed on themselves by pulling this stupid stunt. Did you guys catch the one officer saying he could not hear the other officers after they murdered their victim?

If anybody thinks these assclowns will not willingly take your guns from you after the ban, you are not thinking well at all.
garandguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2019, 22:54   #19
J308
Registered

FALaholic #: 7448
There are side effects from the poicy of hiring substandard IQ goons who will follow confiscation orders but the policymakers could not care less.

Last edited by J308; May 12, 2019 at 12:38.
J308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 01:16   #20
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Dipshit #1: “I can’t fuckin’ hear!”

Dipshit #2: “Neither can I.”

Can’t imagine why. . .

Now I’m just wondering when lockjaw is gonna stop by and tell us what a “ROCKSTAR” this cop is. . .
You know, like the one in the (very similar) Vegas shootout.?.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
ROCKSTAR
9 rounds supposedly hit the homicide victim. So there are 67 (give or take) rounds unaccounted for.
Every one of them hit “something”.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"

Last edited by base704; May 12, 2019 at 03:39.
base704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 14:40   #21
broderick
Registered

FALaholic #: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
As I watch this, I wonder how much the 9mm is really effective after going through a windshield.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...508-story.html

Video shows Anaheim police firing 76 shots during ‘alarming and irresponsible’ chase

Orange County prosecutors Wednesday released dramatic video showing two Anaheim police officers firing 76 shots at a suspect during a high-speed pursuit that the district attorney’s office called “alarming and irresponsible.”

One of the officers has been fired, and the other faces potential internal discipline after firing through the windshield of a police cruiser at a man they believed to be armed, ultimately killing him.

Eliuth Penaloza Nava, 50, was struck by at least nine bullets.

Orange County Dist. Atty. Todd Spitzer’s office on Wednesday released videos of the incident and a letter analyzing the deadly shooting. Prosecutors, while finding that the officers ultimately acted legally because of the threat of what they believed to be a real gun in the hands of a man high on narcotics, took the unusual step of questioning the officers’ behavior.

“The fact that the two involved officers discharged their weapons 76 times, from a moving patrol car at Nava’s moving car, at approximately 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, in a residential neighborhood where residents, including children, were home and on the streets, was alarming and irresponsible based on the totality of all the circumstances in this specific case,” the report stated.

Officer Kevin Pedersen, the driver of the police cruiser during the pursuit, was terminated as a probationary officer, and Officer Sean Staymates, a 10-year veteran, faces potential discipline and remains on administrative leave, Anaheim Police Chief Jorge Cisneros said.
I know for a fact they will end up going way low which means substantial velocity loss. but they will still hurt if they hit. probably has 40 loose bullets in the truck bed. that hearing loss, I wondered when that would come out. I don't think they could hear each other in the car. skillful reaction! That high tool box has got to be intended as armor. this must be the barrio gun ride.

Last edited by broderick; May 12, 2019 at 14:47.
broderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2019, 07:14   #22
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
They said on subguns.com that the driving po-po got fired and the one with the AR was the FTO and is on suspension.

Jarhead
Old May 14, 2019, 13:10   #23
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Camera footage from both sides of the car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_-YTx5wWEg
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 19:33   #24
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Make way for the king's guard
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote