Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I love your stage descriptions !

I try! Lol.
ElTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2019, 09:04   #52
ElTigre
Registered

FALaholic #: 79507
I'm proud to announce that Hawke Optics is sponsoring the match! Hawke Optics seem to be one of the best kept secrets in the optics world. A legacy of high quality glass and all the functionality you could ask for defines the various product lines. Remember that custom 10/22 we're giving away? Hawke is sending one of their fantastic Vantage scopes to top it off. And another for the general prize table! You can find them on social media and check out all their products on their website.

www.hawkeoptics.com
Old August 20, 2019, 17:34   #53
ElTigre
Registered

Well, since I'm kind of shit at this whole MD thing I missed the 2 week reminder. So hey, heads up, 12 days till registration opens.
Old August 24, 2019, 10:31   #54
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Kahntrol Solutions is returning this year and they're coming through in a big way. Want to really stop your recoil? Check then out. They engineer some of the best brakes on the market. You can check them out on social media or on their website www.kahntrol.com
Old August 24, 2019, 12:02   #55
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTigre View Post
We have another sponsor! Kahntrol Solutions is returning this year and they're coming through in a big way. Want to really stop your recoil? Check then out. They engineer some of the best brakes on the market. You can check them out on social media or on their website www.kahntrol.com
I can attest to that. I won one last year at the Carolina RNG. Built a rifle around it and it is probably the best brake I have used. Almost zero recoil and muzzle rise. It will be on the rifle I use at the River Bend RNG Match next weekend. You can see it then.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 18:09   #56
ElTigre
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I can attest to that. I won one last year at the Carolina RNG. Built a rifle around it and it is probably the best brake I have used. Almost zero recoil and muzzle rise. It will be on the rifle I use at the River Bend RNG Match next weekend. You can see it then.
Sadly I'm not making River Bend. But I've seen them in action at PRS matches. They're crazy good.
Old August 25, 2019, 18:11   #57
ElTigre
Registered

Rimfire Stage 3 - Stalking the Underdark
Move through the Drow encampment, taking out the squad of evil elves.
Move through the cave, placing two hits on each target as they present themselves. D zone hits will not count. 10 second penalty for each target not neutralized.
Remember, you need some sort of light to move through the cave.
Required hits - 10
Old August 25, 2019, 19:23   #58
ElTigre
Registered

So the other day I did a podcast about the match on Patriot Defense Podcast. Here are the links if you wanna listen to me ramble for a little bit.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2bN...T2SL1mp2930wKw

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1206537029
Old August 28, 2019, 13:00   #59
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor!!! LMT Defense makes some of the best rifles in the world. They're trusted by the military and LEO agencies everywhere. Wanna get your hands on one? They're sending a complete rifle that's gonna be one of the stage guns on stage 1. And then we're giving it away. That's right, someone is gonna walk away with one of these baddass guns.
Old August 29, 2019, 20:02   #60
ElTigre
Registered

Rimfire Stage 4 - Killer Bees!
The zombie apocalypse has caused even regular animals to become frightening. Bees have grown to enormous size, and are meaner than snakes!
Engage 2 6 inch plates from the standing at 20 yards, 2 plates from the sitting or kneeling at 40 yards, and 2 plates from the prone at 60 yards.
Required Hits - 6
Old August 30, 2019, 13:43   #61
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Athlon Optics is gonna top that LMT Defense rifle with one of their fantastic scopes. Athlon is some of the best values in the optics world. Tier One level glass priced just right. You can check them out on their website and social media

www.athlonoptics.com
Old August 30, 2019, 15:55   #62
ElTigre
Registered

Another sponsor has come on board! Dave Wenger of Wenger Blades is an ABS journeyman smith, which means he's pretty much a badass. And his blades just prove that. He's sending me one of his hand forged knives for the prize table. You can find him on social.media or check out his website.

www.wengerblades.com
Old August 31, 2019, 11:03   #63
ElTigre
Registered

Here is your roughly 24 hour heads up. Registration opens up tomorrow at 12 Central
Old September 05, 2019, 20:21   #64
ElTigre
Registered

Got a couple free slots on the prize table at 2019 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun. Good luck to all the competitors!
Old September 09, 2019, 09:01   #65
ElTigre
Registered

So let's talk about stage 1. Y'all know the course of fire. 2 hits pistol, then 5 hits with a randomized rifle. A little more info, you'll have 6 shots to make those 5 hits. If you can't clear the stage with that, you get to pick up one of these randomized melee weapons. I'll have water balloons tied to the target stands, and you must busy the balloons to clear whatever targets you don't get with the rifle. Wanna just go and melee? Do it. Wanna carry your own melee weapon? Go for it. Bonus points if anyone carries a chainsaw. For the record, that's a Louisville Slugger, a KABARtana, and a Trauma Hawk from Zombie Tools
Old September 10, 2019, 15:12   #66
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor!! Section 8 Tactical Supply is an awesome gun store down in Jackson, Georgia. They're offering all of the competitors a pretty sweet discount on all of their Garmin products, and gonna be putting some limited edition AR furniture on the prize table. You can check them out on social media and their website, www.section8supply.com
Old September 10, 2019, 15:23   #67
ElTigre
Registered

And we have yet another returning sponsor! Iron City Rifleworks is coming back this year. They manufacture some of the coolest AR accessories and receivers on the market. Their bolt carrier groups are some of the best in the business. Check em out on social media and their website. www.ironcityrifleworks.com
Old September 10, 2019, 22:46   #68
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 7 - Awww crap, these guys STILL heal? - Presented by Seekins Precision
Hit all 6 heads of the hydra in a row otherwise they'll just grow back! If you miss, you gotta move so you don't get bit!
On the buzzer, engage the plate rack at 15 yards. You must make a clean run to finish the stage. If you miss any plate, you will run around the barrel roughly 5 yards to your left(keeping your muzzle pointed down range)
while the RO resets the plate rack.
Required pistol hits - 6
Old September 12, 2019, 19:48   #69
ElTigre
Registered

New feature! We are offering a "gun handling and safety orientation" course for those who wish to take it on Saturday morning. If you've never did a RnG before, or any competition shooting, then this class maybe something you wanna check out. It'll be an hour to an hour and a half and will cost 10 bucks per shooter. It will be COMPLETELY COLD. No live fire will happen. But you'll go over how to clear your rifle and show it as such to an RO. How to clear your pistol and show it. How to reholster safely. How to move with your weapons without flagging everyone around you. A very basic intro for those who want/need it. Sign up for this will happen on race day at registration. So if you're interested, please bring an extra 10 bucks in cash. Half the money is going to Mission 22. The other half is going to pay the 3 ROs who will act as instructors for their time.