Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old May 08, 2019, 16:09   #1
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
June 20-21-22 Attendance thread

Please post only if you ARE planning to attend.

Tankyuveddymush.

Will update as needed.

.................................................. ...........................

14 +/-

snowhawk jockey and jr. ( 2 )

nickmil ( 1 )

tdb59 ( 1 )

4x401 ( 1+ ? )

otis61 ( 1+ ? )

Herkamer ( 1 )

Boyle ( 1 + 1 )

Tailback ( 1? ) https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...7#.XNrbocvn_Dc

brunop clan ( 5 )

MilsurpMonkey ( 1 )

Last edited by tdb59; May 14, 2019 at 14:03. Reason: True redo of who's who in the zoo....
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2019, 16:15   #2
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
At least myself....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 16:33   #3
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
I'll be there. Maybe more, not sure.
Old May 09, 2019, 19:40   #4
Herkamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 79467
I am planning on making it this year, don't know about Andrew for sure but he really wants to make it too.
Herkamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 16:42   #5
Boyle
Registered

FALaholic #: 78385
I plan on being there, Might have 1 tag along but he probably wouldn't be there till either late Friday night of Saturday morning.
Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 22:25   #6
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
I'll be there. Except if it's going to snow again. Asthma, allergies, sleeping in a tent during snow are not good together.
Old May 11, 2019, 04:21   #7
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailback View Post
I'll be there. Except if it's going to snow again. Asthma, allergies, sleeping in a tent during snow are not good together.
You qualify for a bubble, boy.

See you soon.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 02:23   #8
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
I'll be there. I'm bringing Greg, Jonathan, and Sophia. Natalie is driving herself from Utah to arrive Friday evening.

Total of 5.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 02:25   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

If there's no sportsnut, TR, or tailback, it won't be the same. Hope you guys (and everyone else that usually comes) can make this thing.

Hope to see you soon.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old May 14, 2019, 13:50   #10
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
In
Old May 15, 2019, 01:42   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Hey!! That ^ is great news!
Old May 16, 2019, 14:12   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

While I've done a decent job of showing up before dinner on Thursday nights the last couple of times (if I remember correctly...), I'm not going to make it until Friday morning this year.

Evelyn (daughter Number Two) has turned in her mission paperwork to the church, and has been called to serve in Mexico. She reports to Mexico City Missionary Training Center on 23 July of this year, and will be serving in Merida (jungle part of the Yucatan peninsula - 40% native Mayan language speakers...).

Anyway, it's her birthday on June 20th (Thursday of the shoot...), and it may be her last birthday at home. I'm gonna be there for whatever is happening. Jonathan and I will pack the Family Truckster Thursday, and we'll leave by 5:30AM Friday. Plan is to be in camp to throw steel out for the handgun events by 8:30AM Friday morning.
Old May 16, 2019, 14:18   #13
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
While I had intended to make this one, current financial restrictions negate making the trip. Jeff, we'll be praying for Evelyns' training and missions trip, hope she has a wonderful experience.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 16:56   #14
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Rich - I'm really sorry you're not making it this year!

Thanks a bunch. Evelyn is a sweet girl and a hard worker; I'm positive it will be a win for her and for the people she is serving.

Hope to see you at the fall Washington shoot.
Old May 16, 2019, 21:36   #15
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Rich - I'm really sorry you're not making it this year!

Thanks a bunch. Evelyn is a sweet girl and a hard worker; I'm positive it will be a win for her and for the people she is serving.

Hope to see you at the fall Washington shoot.
May not be making that one either. Will have to wait and see how this year plays out for me. Hope you all have a grand time of it.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote