The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old June 13, 2018, 11:19   #1
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
moron being charged with assault

sounds like the charge is not adequate to me, but we will see what the sentencing is:

Assault in the second degree requires some mandatory incarceration. The sentencing range for state prison is 2-7 years. The court however is authorized to impose jail for a lesser period of time (as low as one day) in combination with probation IF he was never previously convicted of a felony.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/us/da...urt/index.html

An FBI agent who unintentionally shot someone while dancing at a Denver bar appeared in court Wednesday to face a second-degree assault charge...
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 12:53   #2
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
It'll get reduced in some plea bargain and he'll never do time.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 13:56   #3
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It'll get reduced in some plea bargain and he'll never do time.
the felony level of the crime is the reason he will get a reduced plea. he would have to be canned if he was convicted of a felony, and we can't have him loosing his chance a ta pension adn all of that.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 14:31   #4
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
In the old days some big LEA's had what was called the "rubber gun squad". If some cop screwed up big time he would be pulled off of patrol duty and assigned to some administrative job. He would surrender his duty handgun ad walk around with a rubber gun in his holster so as to not embarrass him.

I have no idea what the Effa Bee Eye is gonna do to this agent of theirs but I kind of doubt that he will be fired. He should be but this isn't J. Edgar's FBI anymore.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 19:59   #5
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
He will be done fired and the 2nd/Assault charge upgraded when his BAC test comes back. ANY alcohol in his system and he is screwed.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 20:14   #6
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
He will be done fired and the 2nd/Assault charge upgraded when his BAC test comes back. ANY alcohol in his system and he is screwed.
I hope so. But, if I was a betting man...

He will walk and asked to retire only because of the video. I bet he stays on but can't tote a gun for some gub agency till his deferred adjudication and probation is down graded to a misdemeanor. He's the next Mark Furmann

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote