The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2017, 20:04   #351
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 8,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Nope, I'm not using the same argument the gun grabbers are using, nice try, that dog simply won't hunt.

I'm in full and complete agreement that everyone who wants to use alcohol, or now listed illegal drugs has the right to do that, no restrictions what so ever on how much they wish to consume.

I'm also for every single American citizen having the right to any firearm they wish, to carry any where they wish, all without interference from any government, state or federal.

The only caveat to the above, if folks have been judged a danger to themselves and or others by a judge and jury, and then for only as long as they are a danger to self and others.
Folks are crazy a little now and not crazy, a danger to self and others often after treatment.

You know and I know and anyone with brain knows, after putting a few drunks in the ground when they murder people would pretty much put a stop to driving drunk, if done soon after they murdered innocents, not 20 or 30 years after the fact.
It would also nearly put a stop to drunk driving if anyone when 1st caught drunk driving got their asses placed into prison for say five years and forbidden to ever drive again, and if they do drive again, and get caught, they go away forever on the second and final offense.

It would not take many of those to wise everyone else up, don't drink and drive fugged up, we will not tolerate this shit.

As to your 45,000,000 having DWI's, and the only loss of (sic) 10,000 a year, do as outlined above and we cut the number driving drunk down to near zero, sure as hell won't be any repeat offenders.

So, bottom line, drink all the booze ya want, have all the firearms ya want, fug up with either, murder some innocent with either, face retribution of the most harsh levels possible, to include giving up your life for your piss poor choices.

Anyone that takes innocents lives, with any mechanism, alcohol/drugs, hammers, bricks, rocks, etc, just plain old stupidity, needs to give up their right to live among others and in several cases their very life upon this earth.

With all great rights also comes great responsibility.
Well YH, we put people caught with heroin in prison and we can see how that has eliminated the use of heroin.

Your argument is exactly like the antigun argument: emotional, irrational, and an attempt to criminalize the behavior of others in a way which doesn't infringe on your freedoms, since you don't drink. The justification for your position is "public safety" even though what you propose will make no one safer. In fact, such an approach would cause far more carnage than the problem you are trying to fix.

The whole DUI business is a government racket. It has become an industry. It's back door prohibition. The only reason traffic related deaths per mile driven have gone down is because engineers have made cars and roads a lot safer - it has nothing to do with tough DUI laws. And you have been drinking the kool-aid.
__________________
...
...
The only thing worse than armed conflict is when one side of the conflict is armed and the other is not.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:09   #352
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Careful there amigo, you almost seem to advocate a tiered justice system. The penalty for homicide while DUI should be no worse (or less) than a homicide while sober. There are legal differences between manslaughter, murder, etc ... and justice is blind. You almost border on making DUI a "hate crime." I didn't realize you were a liberal.



You see Jim, justice wears a blindfold for a reason, your own personal experience and resulting emotion in this matter renders you incapable of articulating a reasoned response. You can pontificate on "the educated" (I know that's a sore spot for you) but what you're advocating transcends the notion of justice and enters into tyranny and statism.

There isn't tyranny in justice, keep people from driving drunk by not allowing parking at booze joints is a good option that hurts no one. People still have the right to drink and can get drunk as they want but can't have a car where they drink. What harm is it to have this regulation?

Plus I see no reason a drunk shouldn't be killed after they killed by drunk driving. Justice would allow the family to kill that person if they wanted to. Once the drunk murdered a family member they have no,right to live and should be culled out of society.

On the positive side live execution would be a good learning process on responsibility. Plus you are incapable of understanding a reasonable response because you haven't lived the life. Your life in the crust gives you no understanding so go live with the blacks for 20 years so you can know what you talk about..

Oh and RJ I know you are just trolling me, you never have anything invested in words with others on the net. However if someone shot your family member you would shoot them if the law said you could and if they killed your family member with a car it's no different
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature

Last edited by Bawana jim; May 19, 2017 at 20:27.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:27   #353
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 10,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
There isn't tyranny in justice, keep people from driving drunk by not allowing parking at booze joints is a good option that hurts no one. People still have the right to drink and can get drunk as they want but can't have a car where they drink. What harm is it to have this regulation?

Plus I see no reason a drunk shouldn't be killed after they killed by drunk driving. Justice would allow the family to kill that person if they wanted to. Once the drunk murdered a family member they have no,right to live and should be culled out of society.

On the positive side live execution would be a good learning process on responsibility. Plus you are incapable of understanding a reasonable response because you haven't lived the life. Your life in the crust gives you no understanding so go live with the blacks for 20 years so you can know what you talk about..

Jim, my cousin, whom I loved, killed himself with heroin. I'm not advocating for heroin dealers to be arrested, killed or any of the other nonsense you advocate. Your argument is invalid.

The fact you lost your dad and the subsequent hurt is has caused you, and your continuing struggle is apparent from your posts. I'm sorry. I'm sure he would be proud of the man you've become, you've stayed out of jail and tried to provide for your family. Good luck
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:28   #354
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 10,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Well YH, we put people caught with heroin in prison and we can see how that has eliminated the use of heroin.

Your argument is exactly like the antigun argument: emotional, irrational, and an attempt to criminalize the behavior of others in a way which doesn't infringe on your freedoms, since you don't drink. The justification for your position is "public safety" even though what you propose will make no one safer. In fact, such an approach would cause far more carnage than the problem you are trying to fix.

The whole DUI business is a government racket. It has become an industry. It's back door prohibition. The only reason traffic related deaths per mile driven have gone down is because engineers have made cars and roads a lot safer - it has nothing to do with tough DUI laws. And you have been drinking the kool-aid.
You elitist douche bag, quit posting things I agree with. I' banning you form my thread.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:35   #355
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Jim, my cousin, whom I loved, killed himself with heroin. I'm not advocating for heroin dealers to be arrested, killed or any of the other nonsense you advocate. Your argument is invalid.

The fact you lost your dad and the subsequent hurt is has caused you, and your continuing struggle is apparent from your posts. I'm sorry. I'm sure he would be proud of the man you've become, you've stayed out of jail and tried to provide for your family. Good luck
It's ok RJ, you really don't understand but I am getting a great understanding of how black people feel when there is no justice. My arguement isn't invalid, you just can't understand the reasoning or the justice it delivers. It's the world you live in with all the comfort and no challenge to make your mind work and time is going fast so soon it's over with only a headmarker to say you have been here..

Good luck to you RJ in the time you have left, where did all them years go...
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:36   #356
tdb59
Grey Hair Pict / Enabler
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: I am here
Posts: 8,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
..................


....... Justice would allow the family to kill that person if they wanted to.............
No, sir.

That would be revenge.

While we may justify that in our minds, it is not justice.



..............
__________________
"Safety is nice, but it's not first. Life is first and life is not safe."
-Jeff Cooper

.............
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:39   #357
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
No, sir.

That would be revenge.

While we may justify that in our minds, it is not justice.



..............
911, did the country seek justice or revenge? To some people revenge is justice.
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:45   #358
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Careful there amigo, you almost seem to advocate a tiered justice system. The penalty for homicide while DUI should be no worse (or less) than a homicide while sober. There are legal differences between manslaughter, murder, etc ... and justice is blind. You almost border on making DUI a "hate crime." I didn't realize you were a liberal. (snip)
Ya may have missed it above, bears repeating, I make no distinction between being drunk, using a firearm, a hammer, rock or stone, none at all, take a life, loose your life.

Its good you did not realize I'm a liberal, since you would have been wrong, but ya knew that already.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:51   #359
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
No, sir.

That would be revenge.

While we may justify that in our minds, it is not justice.



..............
True!
Revenge is ok though.
People have been conditioned to not believe that, but its still fine with many of us.
Mossad tracked down and continues to track down, murderous bastards all over the world, then puts them into the ground.
Some call that justice and some call it vengeance.
Both work, end result is the same.
Some actions of others should never be forgiven nor forgotten.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:55   #360
tdb59
Grey Hair Pict / Enabler
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: I am here
Posts: 8,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
True!
Revenge is ok though.
People have been conditioned to not believe that, but its still fine with many of us.
Mossad tracked down and continues to track down, murderous bastards all over the world, then puts them into the ground.
Some call that justice and some call it vengeance.
Both work, end result is the same.
Some actions of others should never be forgiven nor forgotten.
Good thing Paul missed out on that program.



....................
__________________
"Safety is nice, but it's not first. Life is first and life is not safe."
-Jeff Cooper

.............
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 20:58   #361
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Good thing Paul missed out on that program.



....................
Which Paul?
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 21:26   #362
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Which Paul?
yea, since my first name is Paul, got me to wondering to that as well.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 21:38   #363
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 10,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
yea, since my first name is Paul, got me to wondering to that as well.
Rhymes with Saul.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 21:43   #364
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 10,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
It's ok RJ, you really don't understand but I am getting a great understanding of how black people feel when there is no justice. My arguement isn't invalid, you just can't understand the reasoning or the justice it delivers. It's the world you live in with all the comfort and no challenge to make your mind work and time is going fast so soon it's over with only a headmarker to say you have been here..

Good luck to you RJ in the time you have left, where did all them years go...
I love you. Good luck.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 22:02   #365
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Well YH, we put people caught with heroin in prison and we can see how that has eliminated the use of heroin.

Your argument is exactly like the antigun argument: emotional, irrational, and an attempt to criminalize the behavior of others in a way which doesn't infringe on your freedoms, since you don't drink.
The justification for your position is "public safety" even though what you propose will make no one safer.
In fact, such an approach would cause far more carnage than the problem you are trying to fix.

The whole DUI business is a government racket. It has become an industry. It's back door prohibition. The only reason traffic related deaths per mile driven have gone down is because engineers have made cars and roads a lot safer - it has nothing to do with tough DUI laws. And you have been drinking the kool-aid.
STG, you could not be further from correct, if you tried.

I don't wish to put heroin users, or users of any so called now illegal drugs nor anyone that drinks alcohol into any prison or jail for that matter.

I would have anything and everything sold at Walmart, across the counter, in nice wrapping paper, all clean and pure, even provide clean needles, for purchase, to junkies, all of it.

Hell, after thinking about all this today, I'd even get away from the DWI check points.
I would go so far as to allow drunks to drive cars, planes, and trains for that matter.
We can't stop them now, so quit even trying, waste of money and time.

What you can't seem to grasp, it that I do not want any restrictions on any of this,(mind altering drugs) because as you and many others already know, myself included, restrictions do not work, and these same restrictions are what causes much of the crime in this country.

I want anyone that causes death to anyone while screwed up, high on drugs or alcohol put to death for murder once they murder anyone just as soon as they have a fair trial, one quick review of the original trial, mistakes happen, and are found guilty, confirmed by an automatic appeal process.

People can use anything they wish, I don;t care. They do anyway now.

However;

When they murder an innocent person, are found guilty, case is found correct/proper by automatic appeal, they get taken out and shot in the head.

If a drug impaired person does not harm another innocent person, we'd never know about it in the first place.

It ain't about the why someone fugged up and murdered someone, some innocent person, to me, its all about sending a message, we won;t tolerate anyone murdering others by any means and punishment, or vengeance, if some see it that way, is swift and harsh.

I would also include rape, child sexual molestation, incest cases into this, ya don't get no second chances on this shit, you screw up, you die!

Rape destroys the victim for damn near forever, same for child sexual molestation, and incest cases, the idiots pulling this shit should also face a short lifetime for these acts.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 23:40   #366
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
I love you. Good luck.
I would like to say I am indifferent to you but once you called me a liar there is nothing you say that isn't just a troll. May you just lead an average life...
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 23:41   #367
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 8,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
STG, you could not be further from correct, if you tried.

I don't wish to put heroin users, or users of any so called now illegal drugs nor anyone that drinks alcohol into any prison or jail for that matter.

I would have anything and everything sold at Walmart, across the counter, in nice wrapping paper, all clean and pure, even provide clean needles, for purchase, to junkies, all of it.

Hell, after thinking about all this today, I'd even get away from the DWI check points.
I would go so far as to allow drunks to drive cars, planes, and trains for that matter.
We can't stop them now, so quit even trying, waste of money and time.

What you can't seem to grasp, it that I do not want any restrictions on any of this,(mind altering drugs) because as you and many others already know, myself included, restrictions do not work, and these same restrictions are what causes much of the crime in this country.

I want anyone that causes death to anyone while screwed up, high on drugs or alcohol put to death for murder once they murder anyone just as soon as they have a fair trial, one quick review of the original trial, mistakes happen, and are found guilty, confirmed by an automatic appeal process.

People can use anything they wish, I don;t care. They do anyway now.

However;

When they murder an innocent person, are found guilty, case is found correct/proper by automatic appeal, they get taken out and shot in the head.

If a drug impaired person does not harm another innocent person, we'd never know about it in the first place.

It ain't about the why someone fugged up and murdered someone, some innocent person, to me, its all about sending a message, we won;t tolerate anyone murdering others by any means and punishment, or vengeance, if some see it that way, is swift and harsh.

I would also include rape, child sexual molestation, incest cases into this, ya don't get no second chances on this shit, you screw up, you die!

Rape destroys the victim for damn near forever, same for child sexual molestation, and incest cases, the idiots pulling this shit should also face a short lifetime for these acts.
Sorry YH, I gotta call bullshit on ya. You suggested putting anyone caught driving under the influence in prison for 5 years. Not someone involved in an accident. Anyone caught driving under the influence.

Furthermore, if someone is under the influence of a drug and is involved in a fatal accident, it isn't murder. It may not even be the fault of the person under the influence. It almost certainly isn't intentional. It simply doesn't meet the definition.

Executing people involved in fatal accidents while under the influence won't do shit either. It is such a rare occurrence that everyone will rightly assume "it will never happen to me". When they have been over served, their judgment will be impaired, so that effect will be magnified.

It seems to me you have a bias on this issue. This is easy to demonstrate.

Consider a person who is texting and driving and is involved in an accident. Should they be executed? Why not? How is that different? Or any other fatality caused by inattentive driving?

Consider a 45 year old adult male in good health with 500,000 miles of driving under their belt who is driving home from the local pub which he stops at every day, with a BAC of .08. He is less dangerous statistically than a stone cold sober 18 year old male. If the 18 year old does something stupid an kills some one on the road, should we execute them? We know they pose more risk than the guy at .08, and the 18 year old made a conscious decision to drive, putting society at risk.

There are millions of people who are terrible drivers or lack critical skills and put us all at risk whenever they choose to drive. We should probably execute any of them who are involved in fatal accidents. That will convince the rest to hang up their keys. Anyone over 70 for instance.

The only difference in these cases is the involvement of a substance you don't approve of. It's a moral argument, not one about justice or public safety.
__________________
...
...
The only thing worse than armed conflict is when one side of the conflict is armed and the other is not.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 23:45   #368
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
yea, since my first name is Paul, got me to wondering to that as well.
Well Terry post some off the wall at times so who knows which Paul it is, Paul McCartney?
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 23:51   #369
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Sorry YH, I gotta call bullshit on ya. You suggested putting anyone caught driving under the influence in prison for 5 years. Not someone involved in an accident. Anyone caught driving under the influence.

Furthermore, if someone is under the influence of a drug and is involved in a fatal accident, it isn't murder. It may not even be the fault of the person under the influence. It almost certainly isn't intentional. It simply doesn't meet the definition.

Executing people involved in fatal accidents while under the influence won't do shit either. It is such a rare occurrence that everyone will rightly assume "it will never happen to me". When they have been over served, their judgment will be impaired, so that effect will be magnified.

It seems to me you have a bias on this issue. This is easy to demonstrate.

Consider a person who is texting and driving and is involved in an accident. Should they be executed? Why not? How is that different? Or any other fatality caused by inattentive driving?

Consider a 45 year old adult male in good health with 500,000 miles of driving under their belt who is driving home from the local pub which he stops at every day, with a BAC of .08. He is less dangerous statistically than a stone cold sober 18 year old male. If the 18 year old does something stupid an kills some one on the road, should we execute them? We know they pose more risk than the guy at .08, and the 18 year old made a conscious decision to drive, putting society at risk.

There are millions of people who are terrible drivers or lack critical skills and put us all at risk whenever they choose to drive. We should probably execute any of them who are involved in fatal accidents. That will convince the rest to hang up their keys. Anyone over 70 for instance.

The only difference in these cases is the involvement of a substance you don't approve of. It's a moral argument, not one about justice or public safety.
The more you plea for those who don't deserve living it makes me think you stop at the bar a lot...
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 00:35   #370
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Sorry YH, I gotta call bullshit on ya. You suggested putting anyone caught driving under the influence in prison for 5 years. Not someone involved in an accident. Anyone caught driving under the influence.

Furthermore, if someone is under the influence of a drug and is involved in a fatal accident, it isn't murder. It may not even be the fault of the person under the influence. It almost certainly isn't intentional. It simply doesn't meet the definition.

Executing people involved in fatal accidents while under the influence won't do shit either. It is such a rare occurrence that everyone will rightly assume "it will never happen to me". When they have been over served, their judgment will be impaired, so that effect will be magnified.

It seems to me you have a bias on this issue. This is easy to demonstrate.

Consider a person who is texting and driving and is involved in an accident. Should they be executed? Why not? How is that different? Or any other fatality caused by inattentive driving?

Consider a 45 year old adult male in good health with 500,000 miles of driving under their belt who is driving home from the local pub which he stops at every day, with a BAC of .08. He is less dangerous statistically than a stone cold sober 18 year old male. If the 18 year old does something stupid an kills some one on the road, should we execute them? We know they pose more risk than the guy at .08, and the 18 year old made a conscious decision to drive, putting society at risk.

There are millions of people who are terrible drivers or lack critical skills and put us all at risk whenever they choose to drive. We should probably execute any of them who are involved in fatal accidents. That will convince the rest to hang up their keys. Anyone over 70 for instance.

The only difference in these cases is the involvement of a substance you don't approve of. It's a moral argument, not one about justice or public safety.
No bull shit, said in the open earlier above, thinking about this today, position had evolved, even soften a little.

""Furthermore, if someone is under the influence of a drug and is involved in a fatal accident, it isn't murder.""

Well, that would be true if they are not driving the vehicle, passed out in the back seat, but ya got to explain it me to me, very slowly, if they are driving drunk, murder someone, and how that's not murder in your opinion.

""It seems to me you have a bias on this issue. This is easy to demonstrate.""

Hell ya I got a bias on this issue!

""It's a moral argument, not one about justice or public safety.""

No, its a moral judgement, not an argument.

I hold the same negative judgement against the 18 year old that while texting murders some old lady going home from church, child molesters, people who commit incest against their children, rapist have a special judgement coming from me.

Excuses and or so called understanding for preventable piss poor behavior, (As in Just don;t do it) that harms or murders innocents, I'm down right bigoted on the issue, no moral argument at all.

As shocked as you are about my moral judgements, I'm equally shocked at anyone trying to defend the actions of drunk drivers, anyone that texts and drives, drinks and then drives AND murders innocents.

And just when in the hell did people stop making moral judgements about piss poor behavior resulting in even one death from drunks driving and murdering innocents?

Is it ok, because so many people do it?

Where have I heard, murder 10, that's a tragic action, murder 30,000,000 or 10,000 and that;s just a statistic?

But you're correct, buried my older brother to a GD drunk driver, murdered as he was coming home from services one evening, a drunk driver, one who had been drinking all day in a bar, was allowed to walk out of the bar and drive away.
That worthless mother fugger passed out behind the wheel it was determined, and hit him head on after he crossed a four lane road into on coming traffic. This bastard had three or four prior DWI's they told me and was not supposed to be driving at all. Had already been in jail twice and even a short prison term.

That sob got off lucky, killed in the crash as he committed murder.

So hell yes, I hate drunk drivers, hate anyone in fact that does anything preventable, that causes harm or worst to innocents.

You let this shit touch you and yours, it takes on a whole new meaning.
No longer a debate, but becomes real, really quick.

So I'll just keep on making my judgements.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 00:45   #371
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 8,277
Murder requires intent and you know it. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I am not defending driving under the influence. I'm against the state being on a which hunt.

I'm for solutions that work. Here is one. All modern cars have accelerometers in them. How about we program the car so that if the accelerometers detect impaired or reckless driving from any cause, it governs the car down to 10 mph, beeps the horn, and flashes the lights? We could even hook up GPS so the car can tell if you are in your lane. How would that be?
__________________
...
...
The only thing worse than armed conflict is when one side of the conflict is armed and the other is not.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 01:16   #372
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 12,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Murder requires intent and you know it. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I am not defending driving under the influence. I'm against the state being on a which hunt.

I'm for solutions that work. Here is one. All modern cars have accelerometers in them. How about we program the car so that if the accelerometers detect impaired or reckless driving from any cause, it governs the car down to 10 mph, beeps the horn, and flashes the lights? We could even hook up GPS so the car can tell if you are in your lane. How would that be?
May his and Jim's father's memory be a blessing.

I did not realize how much this craps still bothers me till now, so time to move along back to near naked women, bad jokes, or discussion of wood working.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 10:52   #373
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Murder requires intent and you know it. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I am not defending driving under the influence. I'm against the state being on a which hunt.

I'm for solutions that work. Here is one. All modern cars have accelerometers in them. How about we program the car so that if the accelerometers detect impaired or reckless driving from any cause, it governs the car down to 10 mph, beeps the horn, and flashes the lights? We could even hook up GPS so the car can tell if you are in your lane. How would that be?
Old Bob Erwin was a drunk I worked with off and on. Smart guy but one of the worst for being drunk you ever seen. His drunkenness was tolerated because most of the guys running the companies were drunks or druggies themselves, it was part of the life. Bob was the poster boy of why you need to remove drunks from the roads. He had so many DUI that they gave him an occupational only lic.

He didn't care what they did and still drank and drove drunk. He was such a pain in the ass for the state after 8 DUI they came up with a tube for his rig to blow into before it would start. So he would pay some kid to blow into it $20 and off he would go drunk as hell.

He finally died as his liver gave out and he swelled up like a balloon. His last three years him and his wife lived in a small trailer and he had nothing to show for a lifetime of work. His wife drove him everywhere those last years.

See you really don't understand intention when it comes to murder, Bob's intention was to get drunk and he didn't give a shit if somebody got killed by his driving.

One more thing, it takes enablers like you for the drunks to kill folks in my opinion.
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature

Last edited by Bawana jim; May 20, 2017 at 12:34.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 14:25   #374
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 4,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Well Terry post some off the wall at times so who knows which Paul it is, Paul McCartney?
I think Terry sometimes prefers to use the Socratic Method in these dialogs. I could be wrong, but probably not.
__________________
Across the border from where I was

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2017, 07:40   #375
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 10,841
Is this just a flip, or maybe only a flop? Or a full-on flip-flop:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...amic-terrorism
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2017, 08:06   #376
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 13,926
Watch the speech this morning to all of the middle east and you will know, you can see for yourself. Oh, you don't watch tv, you let ZH tell you your news of what may happen..
__________________
A handgun is a widow into its owners true nature
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files