The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2017, 19:15   #51
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Seems folks in Japan and South Korea don;t share your opinions.
Just saying.
As in, how long will either put up with this?
We are not the only player in all this, folks sometimes forget, both of these countries can take independent military actions.
Fine with me. Last I heard those are sovereign nations and can act accordingly. But they won't, for exactly the same reasons I've outlined.

The possibility that they could try to drag us into a conflict (while depending heavily on our blood and treasure) suggests we should make it clear to both that we aren't going to get involved beyond selling them weapons.

BTW, there are plenty of people in those countries who are just as gullible as you seem to be, their MSM is just as keen on sensationalizing everything for ratings, and Korean and Japanese folks are well known to admire the warrior code.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 19:25   #52
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,064
Ya know YH, I agree with you 99% of the time, but apparently not on this. I'm wary of banksters and the ruling class taking advantage of the fine warrior spirit of our men and women. I'm tired of wasting our most honorable and noble youth for nothing. Sun Tzu teaches that no nation prospers from perpetual war.

We need to save that shit for when it counts.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.

Last edited by STG_58_guy; September 14, 2017 at 19:32.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 19:28   #53
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
You actually believe any of that nonsense? Man, you are gullible.

I hate to bring this up, but in another thread you claimed that Israel would nuke the whole planet rather than suffer defeat and annihilation. Including the United States. If that's true, aren't they saying they will kill us and we should believe them? I'll admit, Israel is a far more worthy adversary than NK. So by your rules, what should we do about that? Sounds like another case for a preemptive strike (which would be stupid), by your rules.

Not exactly correct, we were discussing the Sampson option, in that, if Israel ever faced annihilation, it would mean the whole world abandon them to another shoah, at that time, why not???
Do I believe this would ever occur, need to happen, nope, never have believe it.
Goes against everything we hold near and dear to our faith.
It is a good military tactic, to behave as a mad dog.
Now Israel can't be defeated, by ground armies, been tried so many times, folks gave up on that crazy shit, so conventional is no real concern, and no one wins in any nuclear exchange.
And unlike North Korea, Israel is not threatening anyone with nuclear destruction today, tomorrow might be another matter, no one knows the future.

So let me ask ya a question.
Change all this, we're going to destroy you with nuke talk from North Korea, to Canada.
And Canada, after saying all this shit, fired off a couple ICBM over the heartland of America and splashed them down into the Gulf of Mexico.
How long before Delta went in and killed off the Canadian military leadership and at same time, we destroyed their complete ability to ever threaten anyone ever again?
What if they flew an ICBM over your hear and family?
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 19:38   #54
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,064
One more thing. It has been my experience, and I think history reveals this to be true as often as not, that when someone really means to do you or your nation harm, they are likely to approach with a smile, and suggest you go for a ride.

Animals do not growl or roar when they intend to attack. They are silent and stealthy.
Growling and roaring are a warning to back off. Growling and roaring are political.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 19:53   #55
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
One more thing. It has been my experience, and I think history reveals this to be true as often as not, that when someone really means to do you or your nation harm, they are likely to approach with a smile, and suggest you go for a ride.

Animals do not growl or roar when they intend to attack. They are silent and stealthy.
Growling and roaring are a warning to back off. Growling and roaring are political.
Sick ones do!
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 21:48   #56
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 15,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

I suspect it's a race to see how fast China can simply kill him, before they end up in a mess.
Nope, China is having a lot of fun watching us freak out and make fools of ourselves over Dong Jong. That is why they agreed to watered down (useless) sanctions, so the show would continue.




He ain't going anywhere.




................juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'

Last edited by juanni; September 14, 2017 at 22:13.
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2017, 22:31   #57
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Nope, China is having a lot of fun watching us freak out and make fools of ourselves over Dong Jong. That is why they agreed to watered down (useless) sanctions, so the show would continue.




He ain't going anywhere.




................juanni
Time will tell, but I'd sure not make a bet on it.

Dark hair took ten years off the old Trumpster, not a bad look on him.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2017, 11:08   #58
Riversidesports
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Not exactly correct, we were discussing the Sampson option, in that, if Israel ever faced annihilation, it would mean the whole world abandon them to another shoah, at that time, why not???
Do I believe this would ever occur, need to happen, nope, never have believe it.
Goes against everything we hold near and dear to our faith.
It is a good military tactic, to behave as a mad dog.
Now Israel can't be defeated, by ground armies, been tried so many times, folks gave up on that crazy shit, so conventional is no real concern, and no one wins in any nuclear exchange.
And unlike North Korea, Israel is not threatening anyone with nuclear destruction today, tomorrow might be another matter, no one knows the future.

So let me ask ya a question.
Change all this, we're going to destroy you with nuke talk from North Korea, to Canada.
And Canada, after saying all this shit, fired off a couple ICBM over the heartland of America and splashed them down into the Gulf of Mexico.
How long before Delta went in and killed off the Canadian military leadership and at same time, we destroyed their complete ability to ever threaten anyone ever again?
What if they flew an ICBM over your hear and family?
I hate discussions of Sampson.

You hit it close but what needs to be brought up was the last time the world pretty much DID abandon Hebrews to near annihilation, hence the current veiled threat.

The Reich tried to find options, other solutions to the "Jewish Problem"
British refused, America refused to allow refugee ships to even dock.
so Israel adopted MAD, mutually assured destruction. Hurt us we Hurt you harder.

Guess what ?
I support that mindset.
I implicitly understand it
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2017, 14:33   #59
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
I hate discussions of Sampson.

You hit it close but what needs to be brought up was the last time the world pretty much DID abandon Hebrews to near annihilation, hence the current veiled threat.

The Reich tried to find options, other solutions to the "Jewish Problem"
British refused, America refused to allow refugee ships to even dock.
so Israel adopted MAD, mutually assured destruction. Hurt us we Hurt you harder.

Guess what ?
I support that mindset.
I implicitly understand it
Yea me too.
BJ found it, brought it up, and I kinda picked at him a little on it and it took on a life of its own.
I assumed everyone knew that nuclear states all practice MAD, and if any two got into a full exchange, it would screw up the whole planet, nuclear winter, etc, but that assumption made an ass out of me.
Abstract thinking is not every ones strong suit.
They practice what all the rest of us practice, screw with me and mine, I'm going to fug ya up so bad, that shit won't ever come into your mind again.
Back to being best friends or worst enemies.
Everyone gets to pick one.
No real third options.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2017, 16:47   #60
Zimm
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76302
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Palmetto Florida
Posts: 89
We had a hurricane coming for us.everybody,and I mean every tv ,radio street corner bum was saying how bad it was gonna be.people took it serious and there's no gas,food or water in the entire state.if you got lucky to fill up on anything,food or gas ,you did.now imagine being awakened by your phone and radio and tv saying to hunker down we might be under attack.the people of Japan aren't going to accept that much longer or they will have a new prime minister.just my opinion .if that happened here. Especially in California ,I think they would be hiding under trumps bed sheets
Zimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 08:16   #61
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
STG_58_guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65886
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 9,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Not exactly correct, we were discussing the Sampson option, in that, if Israel ever faced annihilation, it would mean the whole world abandon them to another shoah, at that time, why not???
Do I believe this would ever occur, need to happen, nope, never have believe it.
Goes against everything we hold near and dear to our faith.
It is a good military tactic, to behave as a mad dog.
Now Israel can't be defeated, by ground armies, been tried so many times, folks gave up on that crazy shit, so conventional is no real concern, and no one wins in any nuclear exchange.
And unlike North Korea, Israel is not threatening anyone with nuclear destruction today, tomorrow might be another matter, no one knows the future.

So let me ask ya a question.
Change all this, we're going to destroy you with nuke talk from North Korea, to Canada.
And Canada, after saying all this shit, fired off a couple ICBM over the heartland of America and splashed them down into the Gulf of Mexico.
How long before Delta went in and killed off the Canadian military leadership and at same time, we destroyed their complete ability to ever threaten anyone ever again?
What if they flew an ICBM over your hear and family?
That's not how I heard you describe the Sampson option. I believe it was something like "come to our aid or we'll nuke you". It wasn't limited to "attack us and we'll nuke you". I didn't even know it was a thing, so maybe I misunderstood.

As far as your scenario about Canada, you might as well have said aliens. Let's just stick to what's real. What's real is I've been living with the threat of imminent nuclear destruction my entire life. Nothing has changed.
__________________
...
...
I intend to enjoy all 120 years of my life. I just need to get that done before I'm 65.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 13:39   #62
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
That's not how I heard you describe the Sampson option. I believe it was something like "come to our aid or we'll nuke you". It wasn't limited to "attack us and we'll nuke you". I didn't even know it was a thing, so maybe I misunderstood.

As far as your scenario about Canada, you might as well have said aliens. Let's just stick to what's real. What's real is I've been living with the threat of imminent nuclear destruction my entire life. Nothing has changed.
Again, I was fugging with BJ, and should not have done it.

As far as people believing you'd be like a mad dog in a fight, that's always a good thing, fugs with your opponents minds it do!

Anyone comes after me and mine, I WANT them to be thinking, no, actually believing, if they loose, this crazy sob, this mad dog, will burn down my home, kill everything near and dear to me, including butchering and eating my dogs!

And ya copped out about IF the same shit was happening from Canada vs Korea, but that's ok.

And I like this cute little gal we have in the UN.
She said something yesterday great, about, if North Korea really wants Mad Dog to deal with them, that would be fine with her!

Now that there is power diplomacy!
None of this weak kneed shit.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 15:09   #63
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 11,659
While I find these poll results dubious at best, it paints an interesting picture:


http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...st-north-korea
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 15:56   #64
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
While I find these poll results dubious at best, it paints an interesting picture:


http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...st-north-korea
I suspect it represents folks not caring for the near daily threats of death and destruction coming out of the North.

Also suspect, about everything that shoots has been mapped and pinpointed by now, feed into fire control computers, all the underground crap, main entrances and escape entrances all targeted, subs in place to take down anything that does gets through.

If it goes hot, about now would be the right time, all the intelligence is fresh, everything sighted in, etc.

Takes about three months to plan and resource the take down of a country this size.

Weather is still warm enough, when is the next full moon????
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 16:00   #65
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 21662
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 11,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I suspect it represents folks not caring for the near daily threats of death and destruction coming out of the North.
Or possibly people falling for US propaganda.

Quote:
...Also suspect, about everything that shoots has been mapped and pinpointed by now, feed into fire control computers, all the underground crap, main entrances and escape entrances all targeted, subs in place to take down anything that does gets through.

If it goes hot, about now would be the right time, all the intelligence is fresh, everything sighted in, etc.

Takes about three months to plan and resource the take down of a country this size.

Weather is still warm enough, when is the next full moon????
I would suspect there are already multiple plans and contingencies in place. The question is simply whether the necessary tools to implement them are in place. I surmise a decision has already been made on this, but who knows.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 17:06   #66
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Or possibly people falling for US propaganda.



I would suspect there are already multiple plans and contingencies in place. The question is simply whether the necessary tools to implement them are in place. I surmise a decision has already been made on this, but who knows.
Agree!
Me, but what do I know, just an old ass dirt eating grunt.
I'd have the South Koreans do the border area, eliminate all the threats to Seoul with the "help" of the USAF and Japanese Defense forces, time for them to step up and get off that pacifist crap.
And push across the border with troops, tanks, arty, using their air cover to cover their people.
Using South Korean Airborne forces, drop in 30,000 or so up around the North's Capital, then fight up and link up the South Korean forces coming up from the south together, then proceed to the northern borders.
Let the USAF do its thing on command and control facilities, Northern Korean aircraft, radar sites, missiles, and launch sites, etc.
Set our people to backup roles around border area, they are there anyway.
Anything the North is stupid enough to put together, to stage for an attack, again, the USAF does its thing.
The North does not have much that needs to be soften up much, so a full on combined arms attack should overwhelm them fairly quickly and killing off whatever they have for communications, anything that moves on the ground for several days, should just about do them in.
A full out, full combined arms attack from the South, with Korean ground forces doing the heavy lifting, backed up by the USAF, Japs and I'm sure our Aussi friends would get into the fight, as well, as well as others, maybe a month?????

South Korea has a damned good army, AF, and Navy, their Marines are also top notch.
Keep the ground troops to Koreans, the North's people, they know they live in a shit hole, they get TV and radio from the south and all matter of CD's etc.
Unlike the middle east, with their tribal shit, Koreans are Koreans.

Might be simplistic, but once the north's people know that salvation is on the way, don;t see the population fighting to keep fat boy in power, many in the North's military will fight, but without local support, in what would quickly be seen as a civil war, Korean against Korean, I think the fighting would be over pretty quickly.

Would Russia send in aircraft and pilots to go up against a full on assault by the USAF, not unless they wish to be humiliated, and they avoid those situations now.

Would China risk a nuclear war, and their fragile economy and fragile hold on power by sending their military to fight the coalition forces, I suspect not, actually, I could see the USAF and Chinese AF teaming up to destroy the north, which would give them a seat at the post war plans for the former North Korean country.
China does it right, they could be gaining billions in reconstructive funding, influence the political system of Korea, etc.
China could also insure, by helping, that 10 million former North Koreans don't flee into China.

But what do I know.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 18:31   #67
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,027
What's weird is: you'd think China would see north Korea as a very nice market for growth,were Kim Jong Un to be ousted,and a much free-er sort of government to pop up in its place. It would be to their advantage,economically,to see him gone. I would imagine they would sell far more there,then what they sell there now. Nobody there has any money.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 21:02   #68
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
What's weird is: you'd think China would see north Korea as a very nice market for growth,were Kim Jong Un to be ousted,and a much free-er sort of government to pop up in its place. It would be to their advantage,economically,to see him gone. I would imagine they would sell far more there,then what they sell there now. Nobody there has any money.
I agree RG, a unified Korea on one hand would be a minor threat to them on their border, because it would become a huge financial powerhouse inside 20 years, but on the other hand, it would be stable during that time and also, non nuclear.

All the people screaming war with China, they might be right, but on the other hand, China seems to like making money, not involved in crazy ass wars anywhere, got a little dust up with India right now, but they have not sent in 20 thousand troops and killed any Indians, they are talking, and they, China and India do a lot of business together.

China vs Russia, I see Russia as the real wild card.
The term is Crazy Ivan for a good reason.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04   #69
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 4,649
Read this. I wanna see whose panties get the most twisted

http://www.unz.com/tsaker/a-letter-t...rican-friends/
__________________
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." Robert E. Howard


The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:17   #70
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 308
Good read, no doubt some will (incorrectly) interpret it as "hating America".

To the contrary, I believe forcing our "leaders" to behave differently would be the best insurance that our nation lasts.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07   #71
tdb59
not really a gun guy
Bronze Contributor
 
tdb59's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 63177
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: I am here
Posts: 9,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Please do not shed light on jingoistic justification and hypocrisy ......

It is not well tolerated on this board, or anywhere else.


People might even call you names, and hurt your feelers.




.............
again....
__________________
We once were a Nation of Riflemen...


Matthew 5:16
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:52   #72
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Juanni will love it.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55   #73
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Juanni will love it.
He'll at least be able to read and understand it.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:25   #74
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sierra Vista AZ
Posts: 14,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
He'll at least be able to read and understand it.
He;s so much smarter than the rest of us, I'm sure you're right.

Even this old southern boy was able to read through the whole thang, some parts are well stated history, some of the assumptions might need a different take on them, a different interpretation, but in the end, he put out his opinions, free speech allows that and folks can make of it for what its worth to them.

Some will see it at pure gospel and some as whatever they choose to see, make of it.

I've seen this point of view numerous times, it is what it is, no great revelations exposed.

The writers opinions are shared by many and opposed by many.

About normal.
__________________
You may find me dead in a ditch one day, on my knees, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass.
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files