Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old June 15, 2017, 08:22   #1
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
The General was right!

https://lewrockwell.com/2017/06/fred...ral-lee-right/

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”

Into the 1950's the US was largely a confederacy of states. The regional states largely governed themselves. Federal interference was minimal. "Democracy works better the smaller the group practicing it." Them came the American empire which intrudes and surveils into all aspects of life at home and perpetrates endless aggression/war abroad. Today, "The central government and only the central government decides." We should have paid heed to the General.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2017, 11:46   #2
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The construction of the Interstate Highway System starting in 1954, changed America forever.

The SCOTUS decision on Integration, and the Fed troops called into the States, to enforce the decision, also changed the relationship forever.

The voting rights act, and civil rights act, also changed long standing issues of disenfranchisment, of the former slaves descendants.

The Vietnam war and the Beatles did the rest, and by 1974, it was ok to kill grandma and your unborn kid.

It was the WWII generation that brought you this situation, that ended the long standing, post Civil War, rural lifestyle era and its depression era thinking.............
THE GREATEST GENERATION did it.

It has now brought us to the iphone culture.........totally divorced from any reality, and totally destructive of family life. 1995-2007 was still ok, but now.................after Obama and the facebook generations grew up..........it is the virtual apocolypse of humanity.

Last edited by V guy; June 20, 2017 at 12:50.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2017, 15:42   #3
Riversidesports
Registered

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
https://lewrockwell.com/2017/06/fred...ral-lee-right/

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”

Into the 1950's the US was largely a confederacy of states. The regional states largely governed themselves. Federal interference was minimal. "Democracy works better the smaller the group practicing it." Them came the American empire which intrudes and surveils into all aspects of life at home and perpetrates endless aggression/war abroad. Today, "The central government and only the central government decides." We should have paid heed to the General.
Well not just no but HELL NO !!!

It really started under Wilson
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017, 12:38   #4
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
I've watched this nation evolve and I've watched paint dry,,, watching paint dry is the least perplexing.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2017, 11:53   #5
Mark IV
Registered

FALaholic #: 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
I've watched this nation evolve ....
More accurately, devolve.
Old June 17, 2017, 12:32   #6
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
More accurately, devolve.
There you go again,,, trying to make things better,,, Reagan caught Alzheimer's doing that.
Old June 17, 2017, 12:57   #7
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Government has been very secure in the knowledge that what they do will have little consequence to them. For the first time in my life and I am old, government is receiving the consequences for their behavior thanks to Trump. The country should be dancing in the streets over the new accountability and will if it all works out to plan.
Old June 17, 2017, 13:29   #8
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Great article!!!! - by the way, I've always liked LewR's perspectives! Thanks for posting.
Perhaps M35., you might consider thats why Reagun was put up for the Presidency in the first place - the knew he was dodgey! So the 'Thicket de Jour', would only a heartbeat away!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-s-speech.html

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...gan-connection

Then, the next guy.... - oddly straight away, came the first attack upon the TwinT's, under old "read my Lips's" tenure - failed off course, excepting for all the missing gold!!!! Only to be re-done successfully, in a Hegelian manner under a puppy's tenure, as per that ole pnac dissertation.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle1665.htm

Also Maggie (pedofile enabler) - Reagun's Uk political lover, on retirement, didn't move to a cottage in Derbyshire - but to a compound in Pasadena, if she'd stayed in the Uk., she'd likely have been Mountbatten'd! And Nancy, really was a libtard!!!! Reagan was a glove puppet actor - a means to an end!

I suspect that recent world leaders are conjoined at the ideology, en masse - and now as a well ensconced Deepstate, who, are all working towards our mutual destruction, but the maintenance of their control, via legacy - past 'our' existence!
I plan a trip to the Georgia Guide stones soon - to scacrifice a goat, to the dogs of statism!!?!?!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2017, 07:05   #9
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

The theory that being a smaller nation with colloquial uniformity and conformity is how to be safe from all threats the world holds has no historical examples of proof,,, just a theory born of fear and frustration.

Robert E Lee as a orical only compares to his hard fought defence of the Southern Confederacy,,, that failed.

Rockwell is not any brighter opinion wise than most who post on these forums,,, in my opinion.
Old June 18, 2017, 19:52   #10
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Quote:
The theory that being a smaller nation with colloquial uniformity and conformity is how to be safe from all threats the world holds has no historical examples of proof,,, just a theory born of fear and frustration.

Robert E Lee as a orical only compares to his hard fought defence of the Southern Confederacy,,, that failed.

Rockwell is not any brighter opinion wise than most who post on these forums,,, in my opinion.
I agree with that Martin.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2017, 08:11   #11
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
I agree with that Martin.
Any gentleman and scholar would,,, congratulations.
Old June 19, 2017, 08:59   #12
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
Any gentleman and scholar would,,, congratulations.
I believe the word you were attempting to use is actually "oracle"...

"Orical" just isn't.

C'mon martin.
I certainly expect better from a gentleman and "scholar"...
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"
base704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2017, 09:04   #13
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
An oracle...just saying'
Roadmarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2017, 19:42   #14
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
I had a girlfriend that was an Oralicle.

She made Bones about it and was super effective... I miss her very much.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote