Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old March 16, 2018, 09:48   #1
kev
Old Fart
Contributor

FALaholic #: 71
See-All Sight

Anyone used a See-All Sight on anything? I'd never heard of them prior to a week ago but I guess they've been out for several years. A guy on the KelTec Owners Forum is looking to put one on an RDB. Not sure that's where I'd want a non-magnified sight but for a few other uses they look like an option. Pistol maybe. Shotgun yes. Maybe even a .22 rifle.

https://seeallopensight.com/

I've got one of the basic rifle sights coming in but the tritium pistol sight might be next if I like the first one well enough. A little bulky for slide mounting but I don't think it weighs much.

RUE?
kev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 10:16   #2
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
I have several on 22 semi auto rifles. They are inexpensive and simple. I like them on the rifles because the are a little higher so they match with other magnifying optics I might mount. I made a plastic cover to keep dust out when not in use. (first use of a 3-D printer).
In the same venue is bullseye from the Mako Group.
https://www.themakogroup.com/ftbullseye.html/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 18:58   #3
kev
Old Fart
Contributor

FALaholic #: 71
Yep, I think .22 rifle is where it's going to go.

Just came in this afternoon,...I don't like it.

I was mostly looking at the concept as a handgun sight, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe the dedicated handgun sight is different, but the farther away from your eye the more the pyramid reticle is magnified. At arms length, the pyramid takes up the entire lens and it's very difficult to find in the small window I haven't got it actually mounted on anything but just freehanding it I have to rattle it all around just to find the aiming point. WAY slow,....not at all what I was looking for. It doesn't help that my right 'aiming' eye is my weak one and the pyramid is fuzzy no matter what I do. No glasses, regular glasses, readers,....nothing works at that distance. Left eye is workable but I'm not going there.

Up close like at receiver sight distance the pyramid is small and sharp focused and easy to pick up in the window. Having a stock for sighting eye positioning will make it even better. 10-22 here we come,....................

RUE?
kev is online now   Reply With Quote