The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old August 24, 2018, 19:42   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
The US Government Is Updating Its Nuclear Disaster Plans And They Are Truly Terrifyin

The US Government Is Updating Its Nuclear Disaster Plans And They Are Truly Terrifying

Quote:
The Federal government's national disaster response and planning organization, FEMA, has significantly updated its nuclear disaster plans according to a new bombshell report in Buzzfeed, which describes the new plans as "truly terrifying".

The report is based on an exclusive interview with an unnamed US Federal Emergency Management official. Notably, the official indicated the new FEMA plan includes preparedness for a scenario involving "large nuclear detonations over the 60 largest US cities".
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...omb-fema-plans
Old August 24, 2018, 21:38   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
60 big cities, I don't get that? The big cities would join the commies in a heartbeat just for the promise of free Healthcare.
Old August 24, 2018, 22:10   #3
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Fun tool for estimating your chances to survive the initial blast.

If the tool is worth anything, it shows I can survive a 250 Kiloton blast at the nearest wartime target.

Even a one megaton hit on Atlanta, it shows I'd still be okay. Go figure.

Last edited by Tak; August 24, 2018 at 22:16.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2018, 16:58   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Fun tool for estimating your chances to survive the initial blast.

If the tool is worth anything, it shows I can survive a 250 Kiloton blast at the nearest wartime target.

Even a one megaton hit on Atlanta, it shows I'd still be okay. Go figure.
I posted that link recently as use it often. Have to figure two Topol SS-25 warheads at 800 Kilotons which is the Russian standard warhead with one targeting Hartsfield International and other Lockheed Martin in Marietta. The overlap will wipe downtown ATL. Also figure a warhead on Warner Robbins AFB, another on the Savanah Nuclear power plant which did at one time make weapons grade nuclear materials plus it gets the Port of Savannah in the process. Huntsville Alabama will be a target due to NASA then Charlestown is another major port city.

For me, am good on all but how quickly the heavy particles from Huntsville settle out of atmosphere due to easterly prevailing winds. Houston Texas is also another concern for fallout for me. Believe the Atlanta and Marietta blasts will push majority of heavy particles high enough winds will carry them toward coast before settle. House has force rated doors and hurricane rated storm windows so the overpressure and underpressure (should not make it this far) if comes into play won't be strong enough for masonry construction, hurricane ties added to framing from old growth yellow pine and metal roof.

Entire house will go to post I've pressure using activated charcoal NBC filters to filter air used to keep house at positive pressure. Panic room has separate NBC air filtration ssystem and is underground with two walls concrete and shielded by dirt, other two concrete and rebar with hidden vault door and thin lead shielding from two old x-ray rooms decommissioned and a lead door protecting an airlock area before enter vault door. Two weeks should be safe to come out of panic room and occupy house and 90 days will know if abe to go outside or if will die when food supply inside runs out.

Have all supplies need to build air lock at back door easily. Have cases of Tyvek coveralls to wear and a contaminated can to remove and drop Tyvek coveralls in before entering airlock at back door for decontamination. Have two dozen USGI nuclear/biological/chemical suits to wear under Tyvek as purchased mostly XXL and XXXXL Tyvek plus a few XL for teens/female use. Don't want to bring contaminates in house when go outside to set mines, traps or forrage for supplies. Have iodine tablet's and other items to help mitigate radiation poisoning plus other meds. If white Tyvek disposable coveralls are too conspicuous for situation then also have four current issue camouflage NBC suits will decontaminate after use.

Have over two gross Swiss 40mm thread pattern NBC gas mask filters (low profile, eas flow and great filtration), Four SGE 400/3, four SGE 400/1, pair of Avon masks with electonic powered voice amplifier/radio input, three Scott/SEA continuous flow fan driven powered masks to force air through filter keeping them positive pressure with powered voice boxes/radio inputs/PTT, over a dozen Israeli masks with at least a half gross 40mm filters plus various specialty filters for the high end masks.

If the Reagan Star Wars system is not in place and 60 Russian Topol SS-22 single heavy or ten light warheads (that's individual wareheads from a few ICBS, not 60 of the SS-27 ICBM's with multiple heavy warheads) then we are screwed and will launch an assured mutual destruction response. Survivors wait for nuclear winter and slowly die unless have dot gov type bunkers for President, Vice President military generals and their staffs/families along with a few ultra rich. Don't know if Mt Weather will withstand what's thrown at it. I don't think Russians want it any more than we do.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2018, 17:23   #5
The Pigpen
Registered

FALaholic #: 51732
i could see a random suitcase nuke getting set off by some terrorist.
not a full scale, nation wide attack by russia. china needs us too much

Last edited by The Pigpen; August 26, 2018 at 18:48.
The Pigpen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2018, 21:32   #6
Tak
Registered

The Russian scenario you describe Huey is very far down on my list of concerns in this day and age.

Marietta (Dobbins) is my closest immediate concern for any attacks. It would be rough but I think most of my home would stay intact. The light color paint should help resist combustion from the heat pulse
Old August 27, 2018, 00:00   #7
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
The Russian scenario you describe Huey is very far down on my list of concerns in this day and age.
Russia has better things to do; I can only picture them launching nukes if we lob some their way first.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2018, 06:54   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Marietta (Dobbins) is my closest immediate concern for any attacks. It would be rough but I think most of my home would stay intact. The light color paint should help resist combustion from the heat pulse
I think a real nuclear head to head with Russia is a very low concern myself. It's still something to consider as they do occassionally have people get in position to order at least a patrial laumch which as we respond will force them to elevate to full attack. If a warhead over Lockheed Martin is on edge of danger from you and your north then we are close. You can fall back to the Ponderosa if need, we will find room. The hilly terrain between metro area and north end of Lake Lanier is a help for us as is the 58,000 acre lake to draw water from. I have been pondering many scenarios since a kid growing up in cold war. Bought this house due to its location and high odds of survival and been hardening it for 26 years.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old August 27, 2018, 16:46   #9
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
I think a real nuclear head to head with Russia is a very low concern myself. It's still something to consider as they do occassionally have people get in position to order at least a patrial laumch which as we respond will force them to elevate to full attack. If a warhead over Lockheed Martin is on edge of danger from you and your north then we are close. You can fall back to the Ponderosa if need, we will find room. The hilly terrain between metro area and north end of Lake Lanier is a help for us as is the 58,000 acre lake to draw water from. I have been pondering many scenarios since a kid growing up in cold war. Bought this house due to its location and high odds of survival and been hardening it for 26 years.
You are in a prime spot - if I was able to, I'd have gone up that way rather than plunking down in a suburb. Maybe once the kids are grown up and on their own I can migrate to the hills
Old August 27, 2018, 22:01   #10
hokey45
Registered

FALaholic #: 41407
As long as they don't drop Tsar Bomba those of us outside Metro Atl and Marietta are OK.

I worry more about my cholesterol...at least I have some control over the outcome.
hokey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2018, 22:37   #11
Tak
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey45 View Post
As long as they don't drop Tsar Bomba those of us outside Metro Atl and Marietta are OK.

I worry more about my cholesterol...at least I have some control over the outcome.
Just duck and cover behind Red Top Mountain. All will be fine.
Old August 30, 2018, 14:43   #12
hokey45
Registered

FALaholic #: 41407
Quote:
Just duck and cover behind Red Top Mountain. All will be fine.
If they drop the bomb after 5 PM the blast will never make it up I-75 North anyway.
hokey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2018, 09:15   #13
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

A must read by an elderly gentleman who witnessed eight atomic bomb blasts, walked through the carnage to ground zero and never knew sh!te from Shineola.

https://thegeorgiareview.com/spring-...t-information/