The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old August 16, 2018, 08:46   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Computer Predicts Dramatic Drop In Quality Of Life Around 2020 And The “End by 2040"

MIT Computer Model Predicts Dramatic Drop In Quality Of Life Around 2020 And The “End Of Civilization” Around 2040

Is humanity approaching a major turning point? A computer model that was originally developed in 1973 by a group of scientists at MIT is warning that things are about to dramatically change. If the computer predictions are accurate, our standard of living will start to decline dramatically around the year 2020, and we will witness the “end of civilization” around the year 2040. Of course this is not the first time ominous predictions such as this have been made about our future. For years, experts have been warning that we are heading for severe shortages of water, food and oil as our limited natural resources begin to run out. For years, experts have been warning that our economic model is not sustainable and that we are heading for a historic collapse......

Continued: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...on-around-2040
Old August 16, 2018, 09:17   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Let's see was it them that said the earth was freezing over and we were all going to die just before they came up with global warming and we are all going to die? Fact is they are right, we are all going to die, it's what we do.
Old August 16, 2018, 09:27   #3
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Where am I? Here.
What time is it? Now.

Those never change, so pay attention and live it up.
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2018, 14:53   #4
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
A computer only knows what you put into it.

But I've been saying the same things for years.

This economy is not self sustaining.

Eventually, we will run out of fossil fuels.

Some of us are more prepared than others to not only survive, but to thrive in those situations.

Solar activity changing on schedule is what dictates more about climate change than anything that liar and hypocrite Al Gore says. Carbon tax is nothing more than a tax on the world citizens.

There will be a civil war 2.

Am I leaving anything out?
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 08:46   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
What concerns me most is rate of population imcrease. More people then more resources required to feed, cloth and add modern amenities such as electricity, vehicles, etc. Rate of fossil fuel use increases, deforestation increases for burning fires in third world, building in developing nations (U.S. replants forests unless razed for farm land, housing or shopping)

Table 1.*World population milestones.*Source:*United Nations Secretariat, Department of Economic and Social Affairs,*The World At Six Billion*(1999)
World population...Year.....Time to add 1 billion
1 billion..................1804
2 billion..................1927.......123 years
3 billion..................1960.........33 years
4 billion..................1974.........14 years
5 billion..................1987.........13 years
6 billion..................1999.........12 years

Looking at the predictions notice how flat population curve has been and is predicted fir next 50 years in developed nations and how fast it increases in undeveloped nations. Not only is the developed nations curve flat, it's slightly downtrending.

Quote:
The current world population is*7.6 billion*as of August 2018 according to the most recent United Nations estimates elaborated by Worldometers.
Were looking at nine billion people by 2050 with roughly eight billion of them in undeveloped nations. People are worried about illegal immigration now just wait another thirty years. We need Trump's wall between us and central and south America as the people in undeveloped countries from around the world as their resources run out are going to flee to whatever part of central or south America they can get and begin migrating toward the U.S. mainland unimpeded by countries south of us as they will not want to keep them. We will get the diseases of Africa that easily turn pandemic when get in a fresh population along with a percentage of U.S. hater terrorists mixed in with the lot. We need the wall now so it's weaknesses can be tested and as its defeated improvements can be made to it.

The stress on Border Patrol is more than they can handle and Dems have even proposed disbanding ICE. If we don't push as citizens, elect congressmen and senators that support this mission while have the White House willing if Dems take the Hill back they will weaken our border protection unless an autonomous wall with sensors is in place that will aid the reduced enforcement officers to keep up with increased attempts to cross from the south. People will do their best to use Canada and Florida as a gateway. Like the Cambodian boat refugees and when Castro turned his worst loose to float to Florida people will try anything to get in so advanced systems from satellites to ground based sensors and better systems at major ports will be required.

The increased populations undeveloped nations will continue to deforest the huge old growth areas of South America to sell as a commodity, build, burn as fuel along with grow crops and trees won't grow back. Reason any tropical storm or minor hurricane hits Haiti so hard is they have stripped their forests which no longer buffer winds that in the 1950's and 1960's helped protect the populated areas. It may not seem like a forest wold mitigate the damage from such storms but just look at the amount of damage to similarly sized island nations with trees left compared to those without and it's obvious the forests keep ground level winds limited just enough to keep poorly construction one and two story buildings from total destruction. Thats something will leave to the doubtful to research as feel all should learn on their own the reality of long term effects of population increase.

At one time we had almost wrecked the U.S. which helped bring on the dust bowl and other issues till forests became managed and replanted. Am noticing a huge amount of new construction all around me even in areas without significant population increase as new shopping centers, malls and subdivisions are built and the older ones abandoned. So we have large shopping centers, industrial complexes and housing that is abandoned to the squatters or just fenced and empty with shiny new replacing it rather than refurbishment or tear down and rebuild except on property in high density areas where remodeling and tear downs are economically viable due to limited space in city centers.

Planet earth is on a collision course with a population increase induced crisis. China has suspended their one child per couple law due to not enough increase in male population which will see their population begin going exponential again.every billion or two increase with increased burning of fossil fuels combined with deforestation and planet won't be able to filter itself. Now scientists are noticing a significant increase in CO2 levels just from all the people on the planet breathing. Europe is having increased air quality issues from increased cattle populations.

I believe in helping others and benevolence but should the U.S. be doing so much to help these nations feed themselves at no profit to us but charity, providing huge amounts of free medical care when medical costs are so high at home many can't afford it? This may sound cold but allowing some folks to starve, succomb to pandemics because their corrupt governments won't care for their own people and allow them to kill each other if they choose. We should protect one country from invadimg another, Somolia pirates from hijacking international shipping but if the folks in Somalia and other African countries want to engage in tribal warfare and kill each other rather than work together it saves us money, military assets and can uses the food and medicine for our own people.

Yes, the planet is approaching a tipping point which I believe ten billion people will begin the real downward spiral. Many scientists say nine to ten billion is maximum the planet can support so as we pass that 10 million number with 80% in undeveloped nations that can't govern themselves it's going to get bad, people will flock to western Europe and the U.S. causing chaos and press the flush lever, we are done unless grace of God works some big miracles. We may need a non nuclear world war. Counting the wholesale killing of own population by Sadam and Iraqi troops first few weeks of each Bush war only half a million died. Not even a speck on the issue so something has to give and give soon.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 09:46   #6
Bawana jim
Registered

Just opinion but population can be controlled and if it gets too crowded you don't have to control it because it will control itself. Japan is a good example, men are having sex with machines rather than starting families and these are considered the civilized humans and not the free range ones.

Politics is the problem, politicians create a hell on earth.
Old August 20, 2018, 10:30   #7
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
The US isn't so different from Japan or Europe. People are having fewer kids, this has been going on all over the civilized world for a few decades.

The US population would be shrinking if would wasn't for the fecundity of Hispanics. Same thing is happening in Europe but it's muzzies instead of Mexicans.

Globally, the population will be shrinking drastically in the next 30 years and the completion will be getting darker. Not being racist but facts dictate these people cannot maintain a civilized society and will destroy themselves with tribal warfare, starvation and disease.

You can say Africa is going to be a huge problem but that's not even close to being true. Millions already die due to disease, tribal warfare and starvation. When their EBT card is cutoff due to Western decline, They will die by the hundreds of millions.
Old August 20, 2018, 10:53   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

It's obvious the government has killed about 57 million Americans with abortion so fact is they know how to reduce a population.
Old August 20, 2018, 11:15   #9
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vanishing_Point-kowalski_0.jpg (35.2 KB, 42 views)

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2018, 14:21   #10
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Where am I? Here.
What time is it? Now.

Those never change, so pay attention and live it up.
Boulder or Las Vegas?

Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2018, 20:21   #11
John Crusher
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
My favorite movie, ever.
Old August 27, 2018, 20:36   #12
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Xerox. Kodak.

For those of us leading the downfall it’s no surprise. People and business has moved south but government creep has taken Virginia and who’d have thunk Colorado. 2020 and 2040 sound a bit early I’ll bet my money on 2030 and 2050 for CONUS with the northeast leading by five years.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2018, 20:42   #13
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post

You can say Africa is going to be a huge problem but that's not even close to being true. Millions already die due to disease, tribal warfare and starvation. When their EBT card is cutoff due to Western decline, They will die by the hundreds of millions.
Wrong. They don’t have the population or overpopulation we do. Also not dependent upon government structure or the supply chain. Like us the cities will collapse but the general population will survive at a much higher rate than USA and Europe.

Meanwhile much of the South Pacific will bear about the collapse and continue on with daily business.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 02, 2018, 01:23   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I have heard 2030 floated by a lot of people with sense. 2050 and I am too old to care if alive, 2030 and I will get to play some hardball.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 02, 2018, 08:08   #15
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Boulder or Las Vegas?
A great novel - an OK movie.

Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 02, 2018, 08:46   #16
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
A great novel - an OK movie.

Pretty sure he wrote that in the throes of drug addiction, you could see how the drugs left him in a fantasy world of his mind. Movie was good to put faces on the character before reading the book. Moon, that spells drug addict author.
Old September 02, 2018, 10:57   #17
frankxtc
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 10952
Does seem to me that humanity now resembles a virus consuming the planet.
That can’t go on forever.
Even the Locust plagues burn out after their big expansion.
Wars don’t do all that much to reduce the human population burden, when the numbers are in the Billions.
I expect a microbe will do it, possibly some “weaponized” Smallpox or Ebola will escape the clumsy humans in their genetic engineering lab…..
I do not go in for collecting guns.
I never buy a gun unless I really need it.
As a matter of fact, I really only need about a dozen, or possibly fourteen, more guns than I have now.
frankxtc is online now   Reply With Quote