The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old October 13, 2017, 21:44   #1
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Massachusetts Law: Life in Prison for Bumpstocks or Cranks

Well I just read that I might be in a bit of a pickle 180 days after the spineless Republican Governor we have in MA will be signing a bill that will provide a conviction for 18 months to life in prison for possession of a slidefire type stock.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/bum...se-and-senate/

I don't have one, but I do have a Calico-Two-Twenty-Two that I've had since 1990. The bill specifically bans the use of hand cranks as well. I hate to part with it, but I don't want any head aches over it. These kits aren't as easy to find these days and it runs fine. I'm sure some dealers in contiguous states will chuckle if I put it on consignment and try to low ball me into oblivion. It's amazing to see the state that the revolutionary war started in has gone so far to the left it can never come back.
Old October 13, 2017, 22:42   #2
hongkong3
Double G's Personal Troll

FALaholic #: 3565
Thats why it's call Massoftwoshits!
Lest we forget Gougered (gôôg • erd), German, adj. 1. Slang. Bilked: cheated. 2. To be deceived or tricked. 3. To be deprive of some right or something legally due. 4. Deliberate misleading or deluding, to produce misunderstanding or to prevent someone from knowing the truth 5. To be deceived by a stratagem, often of a petty, crafty, or dishonorable kind. ©
hongkong3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2017, 07:26   #3
Bubacus
Registered

This video sums it up about the attitude of the legislation in the commonwealth...The speaker is skipping the public hearing and is basing his views on social media

Old October 14, 2017, 08:40   #4
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Funny how states think they can pass laws far stricter and with more severe penalties for matters like these,but passing a law requiring voter ID or abortion background checks and limits,and those same states go batshit crazy,crying Oppression!
That state has neat geography and interesting history,but I avoid travelling thru it whenever possible.Kinda like North Korea....
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2017, 17:26   #5
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
The country needs more political prisoners after all Seychelles has USA beat for incarceration rate- and only saychelles. USA #2 is unacceptable.

Trump can stop this rubbish any time he wants.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2017, 17:27   #6
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
That is why rubber bands were invented.
Old October 14, 2017, 19:10   #7
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3D&FORM=VRDGAR
Old October 14, 2017, 19:23   #8
NFADLR
SPANKY
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
Haven't read the text of the topic of the thread title but if no compensation is offered by the state and they just plan to steal or confiscate the property of residents of their state it's strictly unconstitutional and would be considered a taking.

So blatantly illegal on the part of the state lawmakers.

WTS: MINT FN FAL 50.63
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411469
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2017, 23:03   #9
Bubacus
Registered

Yep the law does suggest that private property that has been lawfully owned be surrendered after the stroke of a pen by folks that support the legalization of hash oil and medical marijuana for recreational use. Got 90 days I guess, not 180 to make it dissapear.

SECTION X: Section 121 of Chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting after the words “submachine gun” the following:-

“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”

SECTION Y. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting the following new definitions:-

“Bump stock” any device for a semiautomatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.

“Trigger Crank” any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

SECTION Z. The executive office of public safety and security shall notify any individual licensed under chapter 140 of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes. The executive office shall also notify manufacturers of bump stocks and trigger cranks of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes.

SECTION XX. Section X shall take effect 90 days after the passage of this act; but it shall be unlawful to purchase, sell, or offer for sale a bump stock or trigger crank in violation of chapter 140 of the General Laws after the effective date of this act.
Old October 14, 2017, 23:06   #10
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Break a gun law and get more time than a rapist or murderer......sounds about right....
Old October 15, 2017, 06:48   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I keep asking people what death toll would have been if perp had run an 80,000 pound road tractor through fence at about 40 mph and held the pedal down as went through crowd. If he had an standard fire 308 at his range of engagement rounds would have been about 40% more lethal. Also without bump would have been able to aim better. Common sense has totally taken leave of American politics. Always wanted a Calico for a toy....
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 08:33   #12
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
So in reading this, it still appears that reproduction hand crank Gatling guns are NOT considered "machine guns" under the new rule?

I have a couple friends who gave spent very big bucks on those carriage and tripod mounted 1800s vintage reproduction gatlings.
They're none too happy over this recent turn of events.
Old October 15, 2017, 09:22   #13
Bubacus
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
So in reading this, it still appears that reproduction hand crank Gatling guns are NOT considered "machine guns" under the new rule?

I have a couple friends who gave spent very big bucks on those carriage and tripod mounted 1800s vintage reproduction gatlings.
They're none too happy over this recent turn of events.
I believe you are correct as it appears that the gatling was "originally intended" to be fired using a crank. Two ruger 10/22's, semi 1919's or M2's were not:
Old October 15, 2017, 18:46   #14
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Sounds like they want people to go on killing sprees, since murder a couple dozen or just own a bumpstock, you end up with the same sentence.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 21:28   #15
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Sounds like they want people to go on killing sprees, since murder a couple dozen or just own a bumpstock, you end up with the same sentence.
Same people that banned 17 round 9mm mags and got everyone back into 10 round hand guns chambered for 45acp.

Logic escapes these people, as well as some level of common sense.
Always has and always will.
Old October 15, 2017, 21:28   #16
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
with a couple of pieces of metal and a few screws you can make one i hear.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 21:35   #17
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

IF, anyone HERE ever NEEDS a select fire weapon, I would suspect, they will be readily available, as battle field pick ups.

Or just buy one from the local gang bangers, they seem to be plentiful with this bunch.
Old October 17, 2017, 07:38   #18
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Since it's not a firearms they pretty much can do what they want. They even
ban hammered 'toy' rifles too if iirc.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 09:01   #19
notfrommt
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66655
How long until an AR-15 manufacturer designs a lower with a built-in crank to circumvent this?
notfrommt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 12:08   #20
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
Since it's not a firearms they pretty much can do what they want. They even
ban hammered 'toy' rifles too if iirc.
These folks can push and push and push and one day, normal folks will begin to push back.

One problem with, " Life in prison for bump stocks and or cranks,etc, when these useful idiots show up or try and take one from otherwise legal peaceful people, there is not a lot of incentive in saying no, standing firm, then shit getting crazy in a nano second or two.

Gun grabbers want all of us completely disarmed, that is their end game, goal, but the fly in the ointment, enough people will say nope, not going to happen, and being armed, things will get real stupid really fast.
Old October 17, 2017, 12:25   #21
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Living in Massholechusetts should be punishment enough.
Old October 17, 2017, 13:02   #22
tommygun2000
Registered

FALaholic #: 9196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Might as well, after the first one all the rest are free. Might as well behead them and dismember them too.
tommygun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 13:14   #23
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun2000 View Post
Might as well, after the first one all the rest are free. Might as well behead them and dismember them too.
A head on a pike has been sending one hell of a strong message for a very long time I've read in various history books from time to time.

However, with all the blood born pathogens out and about, might not be such a wise move today though.