Old July 07, 2017, 17:47   #52
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
A simple matter of when no longer if!

When something goes airborne with a death rate above 5 or 10%, everything will shut down.

With simple humanity at the top of the list.

Back to the 14h century, be prepared.
Old July 09, 2017, 18:11   #53
unionguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 36394
Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
A simple matter of when no longer if!

When something goes airborne with a death rate above 5 or 10%, everything will shut down.

With simple humanity at the top of the list.

Back to the 14h century, be prepared.
unionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2017, 20:27   #54
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I scan about 8 on line newspapers a day, simply looking for the warning signs of a pandemic getting loose.
India, Korea, Japan, China, Israel for the middle east, London, Aussi land, Russia.
If it goes pop, one of these countries papers should be reporting it first.
Any warning its coming will be golden hours or maybe even a few days.
Anything from South America, will be reported here in our press.
Old July 09, 2017, 20:40   #55
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
I scan about 8 on line newspapers a day, simply looking for the warning signs of a pandemic getting loose.
Stop wasting your time.

https://flutrackers.com/forum/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2017, 20:45   #56
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Stop wasting your time.

https://flutrackers.com/forum/
Thanks for the site listing!

Will add it to the papers list, old school, and its simply become a habit over past 45 years or so.

One thing about news papers on line, if it bleeds it leads, if it's dead, it leads.
All without filters.
Old July 09, 2017, 21:32   #57
Story
Registered

Quote:
Thanks for the site listing!

Will add it to the papers list, old school, and its simply become a habit over past 45 years or so.

One thing about news papers on line, if it bleeds it leads, if it's dead, it leads.
All without filters.
Then be useful and sign up there, post stuff you don't see already posted.

And yerwelcome
Old July 10, 2017, 00:52   #58
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Then be useful and sign up there, post stuff you don't see already posted.

And yerwelcome
I'm going to look at it everyday for a while and then decide.
This is the only social type forum I belong too, and can just keep up with this one most days without walking away shaking my head in disgust.
I'm an old fashion survivalist not a prepper.
The older I get and the more I engage with people here and in real life, without filters, the less hope I have for most people if this cocoon of civilization cracks and breaks.
Most people today are programed into complete hopelessness from birth to death.
If they take one hard hit, they simply fall apart.
Old July 28, 2017, 10:39   #59
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Where we are headed:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 17:53   #60
C2A1
Registered

Had a meeting with former Gen/sec. state. Two issues EMP and pandemic (man made). Older document but very real.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...ia_virus08.htm
Have met with Ken A. and discussed this. New twist is genome warfare.
Old October 06, 2017, 18:18   #61
C2A1
Registered

Bushfire Plaque stuff. 15 years, things have advanced and our enemies are paying attention.
Old October 07, 2017, 00:09   #62
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Bushfire Plaque stuff. 15 years, things have advanced and our enemies are paying attention.
Can ya ask, or do ya know, if the 300 yard rule still applies with all this new stuff????
300 yards out with zero contact.
And since its enhanced, does it linger in the dead host or die with host, time frames????
Old October 07, 2017, 10:10   #63
hueyville
Registered

FALaholic #: 74557
I have three homes on list of work will be installing whole house air cleaners that piggyback their HVAC. All are referrals from previous clients and two are doctors. All asked for my initial green energy/indoor air quality audit and will be getting some security rated storm doors and other work as well.

Basically a big filter housing with its own fan that ties into air handler. When HVAC spools up it comes on and takes air from cold air return, pushes it through a standard HVAC prefilter then a pair of five inch thick Hepa filters. Installed eight of these in one doctors office, then his home, then his friends homes and now their friends homes. The unit has a switch that will force it to run full time whether HVAC is on or off. Also will take activated carbon filters. When I leave have a kit with all three standard filters for a filter change and a pair of activated charcoal prefilters to be used in event of pandemic flu or HAZMAT issue. Teach owners how to change filters though most dislike crawl spaces, attics and even basement utility rooms. Also educate clients on sealing their heat envelope. Can do as home improvement projects, pay their handyman or me. What sells more word of mouth is clients who clean own house soon realize rather than having to dust and polish furniture regularly almost never have to after air scrubber goes in. If have maid/service will usually comment house has no dust anymore. Doctors who have had entire facilities done said their number of lost days due to workers getting colds/flu goes down measurably over average year plus creates another business of changing filters then upgrading windows and adding storm doors.

Have a full step better at my house but considering upgrading my positive pressure system. Have a vent that pulls outside air through a set of activated charcoal filters and when turn on it runs 24/7 keeping super filtered air pushed into house so stays at positive pressure and air will be pushing out any gaps or leaks in heat envelope. Exterior doors have a triple seal storm door with security glass or security film over security glass and super tight threshold seal. Almost no air gets through storm door and main doors which are all weatherstripped and threshold sweep replaced as wears. Windows are double pane plus have storm windows with rubber seals and set in place with silicone around entire frame along with my ballistic liners. Pulled all light switches, electrical outlet, and similar plates off and sealed around using expanding foam sealant.

Last week made a post in "no topic" that PPG/Porter Paint stand alone paint stores have a sale on Tyvek coveralls with feet and hoods. Also have their non latex Nitrol gloves two boxes for $22 along with heavy duty 3M dust masks with exhale valve. Also their 3M whole face paint respirators are on sale along with filters if buy two packs of two sets per pack. If a person has a roll of plastic, six rolls of duct tape, along with basic home improvement store barriers for when have to go outside will more than double chance of an airborne event affecting them. Have a trash can at back door we never use. If have a pandemic, dirty bomb fallout, HAZMAT event will build an airlock at basement door so when exit house put on Tyvek coveralls, Nitrol gloves and respirator while in airlock. Out back door to service generators or tape up anything might need. (BTW, my chimney is capped year round and have to go on roof and remove cap with seal if want to use fireplace) When ready to come back in house will rip off Tyvek coveralls, gloves, etc and put in contaminated trash can, slip in fast and decontaminate and change cloths in air lock.

All of this is ~$300 in materials to start and can keep adding. Will be suprised how often will choose to pull on the stuff if have to crawl in attic or under a house if have it. Will have to go outside on occasion and not dragging in contaminates in house will be huge. Sealing none used doors and windows with plastic and duct tape will be big. FEMA even says all households should have this. The airscrubbers install for clients are $1,400 each installed. Do it yourself can buy for ~$800. Need to be ablessed to cut into cold air intake/plenum and tie in flexible duct work along with install 120 volt circuit and low voltage control. Most clients that pay for the audit, then pay to have all recommended work done are paid back in eight to ten years in saved energy. More security, breathing cleaner air and likely missing less work from being sick is hard to quantify. If wife or I get sick turn whole house air scrubber into 24/7 mode so reduces chance of other picking up the bug. Knowing all air is scrubbed and little outside air is able to get in adds a warm fuzzy feeling.

In addition to basic stuff available at home and HVAC supply we also have latest NATO/U.S. issue SGE 400/3 gas masks with drinking tube option which fits perfectly with MICH helmet if we're needed. U.S. issue chemical hoods and suits, pair of SGE 400/1 backup mask (the 400/3 allows you to mount filter left, right or center for comfort and so filter doesn't affect cheek weld on rifle stock), over a dozen Israeli issue civilian masks and a pair of their new units with powered air blowers, older generations of U.S. issue as upgraded with military, a pair of Scott/SEA masks with drinking capability along with amplified voice box and mirophones for plug and play with radio systems. All are 40mm standard thread and have cases of Swiss 40mm NBC filters, U.S., Israeli and adapters for 40mm to 20mm and other size filters.

Every truck has an Israeli mask or two in emergency kit. Yep, call it paranoia but if away from home when balloon goes up having a ballistic vest, helmet, gas mask, truck rifle and four wheel drive will increase odds of getting home by a factor of 10x so able to use rest of this stuff. Toolbox of truck or trunk of car takes little room as Israeli mask fits in helmet, vest(s) go under back seat or behind seat or use as seat cover. Rifle in lock behind seat and spare filter in kit. At one time was buying Israeli masks for $12.99 each by case. SGE 400/3 is expensive but the 400/1 is reasonable plus they have full face clear ballistic protection from shrapnel as well. I live in an odd world and am odd myself but not going to be an hour from a mask and need it now. Just like a rifle.

Sealing your house actually saves money if plan on staying and increases resale value if don't when buyer sees how low utility costs are. Biggest electric bill have seen in two years was $85 during heat wave last summer. It is super easy to calculate how long storm doors, windows and other ways to seal home pay you back. Key is a home audit to figure out how bad it is bleeding and where from. If you have a thermal imager or scope can find most of this yourself on a good hot or cold day. If widows are hemmoraging decide if want to replace or add storm windows based on budget. Storm doors are easy just buy double insulated glass with security rating or add security film yourself. Neighbors will think your improving your home, never suspect prepping to survive a pandemic.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2017, 13:02   #64
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Huey, agree got German and Izzy masks and a ton of filters.

But, somethings ya just got to run from to survive another day.
Old October 07, 2017, 13:45   #65
C2A1
Registered

We are in a new era(back in the late 80s when I was still with the Army, I ran into the Project Coast guys). Two key areas are the human genome map and AI processes, which allow one to design proteins and their interactions more quickly. This is allowing the creation of totally new methods and means of using bio. For example, binary uses common bacteria to produce toxins ( E. Coli in the gut to produce hemo toxins, not unlike snake venom). Use bacteria as the carriers of viral packages. Advanced viral packages which use one to set up the body as a host for the second which can be activated years later. Targeting selected populations is on he table.
There are now other vectors beyond bacteria and viral particles. Some of this stuff will remain active in the corpse and the soil for years.
Old October 07, 2017, 15:20   #66
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
We are in a new era(back in the late 80s when I was still with the Army, I ran into the Project Coast guys). Two key areas are the human genome map and AI processes, which allow one to design proteins and their interactions more quickly. This is allowing the creation of totally new methods and means of using bio. For example, binary uses common bacteria to produce toxins ( E. Coli in the gut to produce hemo toxins, not unlike snake venom). Use bacteria as the carriers of viral packages. Advanced viral packages which use one to set up the body as a host for the second which can be activated years later. Targeting selected populations is on he table.
There are now other vectors beyond bacteria and viral particles. Some of this stuff will remain active in the corpse and the soil for years.
That's what I was afraid of!
If it remains viable airborne for more than three hundred yards we're screwed.
And it all sounds like an area refusal weapon, as in, let loose and no one goes back into the hot zone for decades/forever.
Wonderful.
Old October 07, 2017, 16:14   #67
hueyville
Registered

Quote:
Huey, agree got German and Izzy masks and a ton of filters.

But, somethings ya just got to run from to survive another day.
Unfortunately I am a team player. Made a promise/Covenant with my wife. "Better or worse till death do us part". If she is home in her wheelchair and I am at work or on job location when balloon goes up I go get her. Right now on Athens side of I-85, if HAZMAT or announcement fhat home town in quarantine will grab kit from toolbox, drop carrier with rifle plates on and point truck toward house. If hit road block will pull my hospital and EMA I.D. badges out and talk my way in. Mask up, put on coveralls and talk wife through anything she missed going positive pressure. Every day we get closer to point where running gets more difficult and staying at the house for better or worse makes more sense. Chlorine Gas or Ethylene Oxide from train derailment and we boogy. Pandemics spread so fast, where do we go better than stay home with basically same filtration system as the hospital's tuberculosis ward. Again, bugging in if prepped is best option.

Have installed whole house air scrubbers in a dozen or so homes other than mine. Ten belong to doctors expecting a pandemic, one in friends house who is paranoid as I am and other two in homes of professionals in dot gov emergency management. I am least educated and informed of all and my indoor air quality and forced entry/ballistic barrier business is slowly but steadily growing. Every home invasion in affluent neighborhood get a few calls. One or two will have me come out and do survey (security survey is free with indoor air quality/green energy audit) and one out of four will actually contract work. Some do scope of work recommended in report they are capable of as DYI projects. Set of storm windows, security triple seal hurricane rated storm doors, door armor kits and a case of spray foam gets a house way fighter than was. Half my indoor air quality/green energy clients usually take my tactics and introductory firearms class. It's odd who chooses what but unsure if it's medical knowledge about potential disaster, being in same professional/social group or having the capital to spend but 90% of people that call are doctors.

I figure prepare for everything I can and let God handle the rest. He promises to provide but he doesn't promise if to be easy. Let the man that doesn't work not eat comes from Old Testament and if you don't have e a sword, sell your cloak and buy one was one of Jesus last commands to Apostles. Even if a person didn't believe a word about God, The Bible would still be full of good advice on your fellow man and how to live wisely.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 07, 2017, 18:42   #68
C2A1
Registered

The issue being asked is will there be eugenic types developed? No matter what you use at least 2% of the population will be able to survive it. ( some hookers are immune to HIV) Work underway to determine just why this happens. Can it be used for defense? Ken A. has been working on enhanced non-specfic responses (biologically active mucus). Also we are dealing with folks who have 20-40 year objectives and ethics are not an issue. The global drop in IQ is being looked at. If global warming is an issue, this should be a fire alarm. I can tell you that some of the issues set-off the PC alarms ( there are areas in Africa which have very low aids infections in the middle of hot zones. Why? The answer could get you in trouble.) and that may be actually part of the long term disruption plan from building 248.
Between EMP and these meetings, I think I'll need a few beers tonight. I mean some of the items brought up are extremely unsettling.
Old October 07, 2017, 18:56   #69
C2A1
Registered

A little background. Should have put it above.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...Q-decline.html
Data shows by 2050 average global IQ will be about 85. This is purely natural biological causes. What if some one plays games. In a technological society to have an average job today requires an IQ of 104-105. The left says oh, welfare and education (the Flynn effect) will save us. Not when you start out stupid.
This is just a small piece of the puzzle.
Old October 07, 2017, 22:02   #70
C2A1
Registered

Phase I:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ile-attack-usa
Part of the meeting had with the former Gen was about vaccine production.
None here in the US. All military vaccines are contracted to a facility in the PHILLIPPINES! (Security, a fence) The issue has been poor control of temperature and the long time to use. Proteins denature. Anyway, any small pox usage will be tough.
Old October 07, 2017, 22:15   #71
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Data shows by 2050 average global IQ will be about 85. This is purely natural biological causes. What if some one plays games. In a technological society to have an average job today requires an IQ of 104-105. The left says oh, welfare and education (the Flynn effect) will save us. Not when you start out stupid.
Being a retired school principal and retired military, I can answer why the lowering IQ's have occurred very simply, the answer would not be politically correct though.

As for the military, this study would explain why killer bots are being developed/ produced to replace soldiers.
Old October 09, 2017, 10:27   #72
hueyville
Registered

The Lockheed Martin nuclear reactor in Dawsonville Georgia was a research reactor, not used for power per se. My dad, several uncles, second and third cousins worked there as hired help and one great uncle as engineer. One second cousins (older than my dad) full time job was go to Atlanta pound and bring back loads of cats and dogs or any odd animals/reptiles they had. Would nuke them and observe. Some would live, some would die, take tissue samples for study and bury remains. Cousin had erosion issues wherever buried radioactive animals. Over course of time noticed some areas would spring up clumps of healthy crab grass. Dot gov contracted with seed company to produce crab grass seed for him to plant over dead animals, other stuff buried and areas devegitated due to random contamination. In the early 1950's they kind of played it loose with radioactive waste.

Being involved with procurement of live animals and disposal of dead he had a good relationship with all in that department. Told us about a time he had brought one particular dog in with a lot. Most died first blast, a few were different levels of sick and one seemed totally unphased. He said survivors usually got cut up and samples sent all over the country for study. Occasionally an animal would be so healthy would dose it again and some died, some just got sicker. Those that made two trips through radiation chambe and lived were highly prized even if bad sick and were elevated status so pieces were driven to Dobbins and put on planes for faster transport to study facilities. This one dog survived his second trip through without showing symptoms of sickness. They had seen several make two trips with minimal symptoms but this was first with none. I remember he said it was put in chamber again at least twice and finally he took the dog, still alive but sick and put on plane at Dobbins.

No telling what was learned from such research we have not been told. My most frequent climbing partner does drug research full time. Always been involved from when taught at medical college, leaving to start private practice when could no longer stand working for a university but began his own private research deal to do final phase approval for drug companies or post approval comparison of competing drugs. He is the one that gathers data where the t.v. commercial tells us 7 out of 10 patients had better results and less side effects with brand x. Nobamacare forced him to close practice and concentrate on research. Amazing some things they are looking at.

He got me an $8,000 genetic test done by a major university that insurance doesn't pay for free. What they learned is largely responsible for me surviving cancer, pituitary, thyroids, adrenals and more organs failing with minimal impact to health. Reason rich people and Hollywierd people often live into 90's healthy then just fall over like Hefner. Get what pay for and why we went to Geneva and Paris for wife's initial treatment. The human body is an amazing chemical reaction. No way it developed randomly from a single cell organism without divine intervention. Like physics, earths distance from our sun and other scientific fact and theory, universe is way too organized to be an accident.

Some people are significantly more resistant to viruses, infections and diesel than others. Breaking down the DNA is an interesting agenda but will be 100 years if ever available to regular joes. Either rich, dot gov or have a lucky hookup. Wife and I had God bless us with luck. In 2011 she was told would be bedridden in bed in less than two years. Closing in on 2018 and she uses wheelchair on bad days, cane some days and neither on good days and ridden her Harley Davidson Road King twice this month. Docs had said by now would be almost impossible to change her diaper without breaking hip or back. She suffers but mostly lives a relatively full life just because I climb with a guy able to call in some favors. Wildest part is they traced wife's bone disease to a medication her mother took when pregnant.

When broke my neck in MVA 2009 radiologist saw something on edge of one image asked for images of the area. Tumor in brain likely never found if not hit by hag texting till too late. Say often first sign of this type tumor is permanent blindness. Using info my buddy had gleaned from the genetic tests, access to healthcare others cannot get unless pay big out of pocket or providers take pity still go to work more days than not.

One thing have learned from these folks is its a miracle the human race still exists. Another is any day a virus can mutate and take out 1/3 to 9/10 of human population. It can happen on its own or be engineered in a lab. Some things we can prep for others we can only hope good preps reduce our potential exposure. Money means little to me so having a big pile in bank when put in grave seems silly when can leverage a good bit to stay alive now and extend my healthy time on earth within God's will. Exercised regularly entire life, always maintained healthy weight, watch what I eat (no pork in 35 years, beef in 30 and quit poultry and seafood 24 years ago) and still exercise in manner approved by physical therapist. Wife had to start eating wild Alaskan salmon two to three servings per week for a particular protein not found elewhere to help her bone medicines do their job. Our nutritionist and doctors have us on totally different diets for our bodies and maladies. Except for the wild salmon she I total organic vegetarian though we never abandoned dairy. Learn what you need, not national average, then do what docs say if want to maximize health time on earth. Might get hit by bus today but at least am trying to leverage healthy lifestyle. Docs say if wife and I not been living like this for majority of life neither would be alive, much less living at home relative normally.
Old October 11, 2017, 10:46   #73
Story
Registered

Quote:
Eloi and the various forms of Morlocks. including the Morlocks' ruling class - which is how the Progressives see themselves.

Old October 11, 2017, 10:47   #74
Story
Registered

Quote:
In a webinar Tuesday with the Association of Health Care Journalists, flu experts outlined potential problems that will occur if and when there is another flu pandemic. Those occur when there is a large mutation in the current circulating flu viruses that it is unlike previous strains or the emergence of a wholly new kind of strain, often from one that jumps from animals like chickens or pigs to humans, said Dr. Sonja Olsen, deputy chief of the Epidemiology and Prevention Branch in the Flu Division at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/20...c-experts-warn
Old October 11, 2017, 12:15   #75
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
300 yard perimeter and zero contact with outside world until shit burns out.

The way the system is set up and designed to fail, if hit hard, by anything, back to basics and have that Remington 700 in 308 zeroed in and ready to be used.

Pandemics in the past were bad, in this dense population, a pandemic with high death rates will be beyond the pale for survivors.
Old October 11, 2017, 15:44   #76
hueyville
Registered

Quote:
300 yard perimeter and zero contact with outside world until shit burns out.

The way the system is set up and designed to fail, if hit hard, by anything, back to basics and have that Remington 700 in 308 zeroed in and ready to be used.

Pandemics in the past were bad, in this dense population, a pandemic with high death rates will be beyond the pale for survivors.
Plus seal your structure as best you can, keep it at positive pressure so able to filter all incoming atmosphere in manner your satisfied with. If have to go outside have a sacrificial layer that can shed in your air lock/decontamination area befoe fully entering your structure.

Working on job today for poultry facility that produces eggs in huge volume. All of their eggs are packaged as sore brand for better aka higher priced grocery stores like Publix or Kroger's premium store brand. When turn off main road there is a 1/4 mile drive to decontamination station which all vehicles pass through. Like going through an automatic car wash, pull through slowly and high pressure nozzles spray bottom, sides, top and tires of every vehicle. Do not want to ride a motorcycle onto the property.

After passing through automatic station the "gate keeper" may come out with backpack sprayer and spot treat areas of certain vehicles. Place is fenced, gated and gate security maintained 24/7/365. Then drive another 1/4 mile to facility where there is an ever growing line of laying houses that are as clean a most peoples homes, seldom are visitors allowed in, usually employees only, contractors and inspectors with an escort.

When get to building and exit truck first requirement is to visit the foot/shoe/boot decontamination station. Do not want to show up in sandals of flip-flops. Tennis shoes get soaked, boots are best where foot goes in box and is sprayed with a chemical then you scrub it back and forth according to instructions. Enter facility and are in a small room with a sink and an almost airtight door. While in room between two doors wash hands to elbows, dry under filtered air and the enter facility. If go much beyond dispatchers office or comptroller/supervisors who have windows into different areas of plant will be putting on hair net, face net if have beard, Tyveck coveralls and such. May just put on Tyveck booties and hair net for other areas.

Truck shop is as clean as the rest of the place. every truck and trailer that comes in from route is pressure washed with steam cleaner. It gets chemicals, water vapor above boiling point and water mixed to clean and decontaminate the inside before goes to dock for next load of eggs. The egg room and storage cooler (several acres of cooler with hepa-filtered air and forklifts clean enough to eat off of. The way bird flu/avian flu's have mutated and such in past and happens so fast they are forced to stay ahead of it as best they can.

Sad thing is while my client is doing great because they can spend a half million to a million dollars on equipment and extra employees many multi-generational family egg producers can't keep up with regulations due to cost to implement and are forced to close their farms and packaging facilities they may have millions of dollars invested but a couple of rule changes and they are out on the street. Thus the bigger companies take up the slack and grow as the small producers who may actually have a better product are out of the way. For me it is always a learning experience as I pay close attention to the foot washing stations and their evolution.

Before the machine they had a sprayer with a foot pump and wand similar to a backpack sprayer. Also was a stainless box with replaceable brushes that scrubbed bottom and sides of footwear. before entering put foot in box on brushes, spray and scrub feet back and forth. All over-spray and run off was caught in stainless container for approved disposal. When all of those were replaced and I saw all the old units piled up and discovered were going to scrap yard one was loaded in my truck with permission and was given a couple of gallons of the concentrated disinfectant mix 1 part to ten parts clean water.

Have it stored in basement and if ever need to erect my aluminum frame and plastic air-lock/decontamination station inside of back door will have a foot wash station to hit after pull off outer layer but before step across threshold of door into my little plastic room to change into clean cloths and wash up before fully entering the house. Almost same as what I see in commercial facilities that process chicken and eggs for human consumption. Overkill? Maybe but if world picks up a bug, house is 75 yard from fence which "none shall pass" unless they have a shrubbery...

Cant quite enforce 300 feet but on two sides, other side hopefully neighbors will stay inside or at least know not to approach fence. Have "Quarantine Area, no trespassing, violators will be SHOT" signs to go at fence line if go into pandemic mitigation at The Ponderosa. Learned too much from poultry industry, getting my EPA Clean Air certification and OSHA HAZWOPPR and several others. I want to be able to at least meet the minimum standards of a meat processing plant.

My guess is less than 1 in 100 homes can seal their environment reasonably and create a 200 to 500 ft stand off distance. Less than 1 in 1,000 can go positive pressure with incoming air filtered. Have friends in subdivisions where there are over 500 homes spaced 30 feet apart on sides, 50 feet from front door to street and 75 feet to rear fence then another 75 to house behind. North metro area is full of 1/3 acre cluster homes which is huge step up from condos and apartments. Imagine sharing walls and roofs with morons in a pandemic.

I figure grid down (don't care is EMP, solar flare, cyber attack, infrastructure attack, etc is cause, same result of no power) situation, failure of most/all utilities following grid down, pandemic event or collapse of society due to race riots/civil war government (Korea or Iran caused nuclear event initiates or significant racial/religious clash) is unable to contain, national/world wide natural disaster (multiple volcanoes, meteorite, major tectonic plate movement/ earth quakes, etc) are our biggest threats. Pandemic will be followed by collapse of grid, war, civil unrest will be followed by grid down, any of these ends medical care so sickness runs rampant.

Pretty much if any scenario a person imagines happens it will eventually involve all the situations others imagine as one fails the rest fall like dominoes. Be prepared to keep clean air, clean water, create stand off zone, protect your stand off zone and have food to eat and any/all medicine might need and a lot of all of that stuff. Can't have too much of anything but can not have enough of just one item or system and the rest of your preps are for naught. Doesn't matter if have power and food if run out of water. water is great but if run out of a necessary medicine then your screwed. So I just keep piling up the basics as fill in the fluff like ham radio, radar, night vision, thermal, surveillance, animal traps, lots of capacitors, protected electronics, lots of tools, fuel and the beat goes on.

A pandemic flu is a grid down event in a few weeks. A pandemic is a food shortage in matter of days. A pandemic is loss of communications in days or weeks. A pandemic is riots, looting and roving gangs. You can keep adding to that list or reverse those statements and say a grid down situation becomes a pandemic as medical treatment and supplies end. The human race is always just one little nudge away from total chaos at any moment. Amazes me that the world continues to keep holding together and only explanation for it not to have totally gone down the drain already, be happening now or at least by tomorrow is Divine Intervention. Meanwhile I need to pick up some more rice and beans on way home tonight to mix with my rat meat.
Old October 11, 2017, 16:08   #77
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Was just reading about an airborne plague in Madagascar today. Just a little change to the strain, could become an extinction event.

http://www.newsweek.com/will-be-dead...history-680785

Saw a show on National Geographic a while ago, there had been 3 extinction events in history, 2 by super volcanos, 1 by an asteroid hitting the gulf of Mexico. They predict the next one will be human made.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 17:40   #78
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
Was just reading about an airborne plague in Madagascar today. Just a little change to the strain, could become an extinction event.

http://www.newsweek.com/will-be-dead...history-680785

Saw a show on National Geographic a while ago, there had been 3 extinction events in history, 2 by super volcanos, 1 by an asteroid hitting the gulf of Mexico. They predict the next one will be human made.
Read that as well, and does not seem to be responding to antibiotics.

I'm happily surprised each day, nothing has yet been let loose upon us.

Got to enjoy it all while it last.

Huey, its 300 yards, not 300 feet amigo.
And if ya got to abandon your home to find an area that you can defend out to 300 yds and beyond, even with your home issues, better than dying in place.
Some days, ya just got to run away from tha bear.
Old October 12, 2017, 15:23   #79
hueyville
Registered

Hard to run pushing a wheelchair and carrying a backpack when getting old and cripple. 300 feet or 300 yards really doesn't matter. In flip of one switch my house basically functions in same manner as tuberculosis and pandemic flu wards as hospital. Should be able o shoot flu infected zombies 30 feet from the wall and let lay till rot with little worry. Our filtration system has a MERV Rating of 16 which is 95% of about anything can filter.

Filtering the incoming air is only part of the battle as have to keep contaminants from entering structure through gaps, holes, cracks, etc. By bringing in filtered air at a rated based on square footage of structure and how tight it is sealed. Here is the introductory sales pitch with partial list that maker of main filter element claims their filter removes in our clean air supply vent that keeps the entire structure at positive pressure.

Quote:
Activated Carbon Filter Facts and Studies
Activated carbon air filters trap odors and chemicals in highly absorbent granules (or pores), which look like a hard scrub brush.

Activated carbon is a charcoal that is treated with oxygen in order to open up millions of tiny pores between the carbon atoms, resulting in a highly adsorbent material.

Originally used in World War II to protect U.S. soldiers from chemical warfare agents.

In a study commissioned by the U.S. Dept. of Energy, activated carbon filters were found to removed 60-70% of airborne ozone compared to filters without activated carbon.

Another study commissioned by the U.S. Dept. of Energy found that activated carbon filters removed harmful VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) by 60-80%, and formaldehyde by 25-30%.

According to a report released by the Centers of Disease Control, Dept. of Health and Human Services, and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, activated carbon is an excellent adsorber/absorber of most organic chemicals.
Chemicals that Activated Carbon Filtration is Effective at Removing:
Acetaldehydem, Cyclohexano,l Hydrogen fluoride, Paint & redecorating odors, Acetic Acid, Cyclohexanol, Hydrogen iodide, Palmitic Acid, Acetic Anhydride Cyclohexene, Hydrogen selenide, Paradichlorbenzine, Acetone, Decane Hydrogen sulfide Pantane, Dibromoethane, Incensen, Pentanone, Acrolem, Dichlorobenzene, Indole, Pentylene, Acrylic Acid, Dichlorodifluoromethane, Iodine, Pentyne, Acrylonitrile, Dichloroethane, Iodoform, Perchloroethylene, Alcoholic Beverages, Dichloroethylene, Irritants Perfumes, cosmetics, Amines, Dichloroethyl, Isophorone, Phenol, Ammonia, Dichloromono fluormethane, Isoprene, Phosgene, Ameyl Acetate, Dichloronitroethane, Isopropyl acetate, Pitch, Amyl alcohol, Dichloroprpane, Isopropyl Alcohol, Poison gases, Amyl Ether, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Isopropyl ether, Pollen, Aniline, Diesel fumes, Kerosene, Poultry odors, Asphalt fumes, Diethylamine, Kitchen odors, Propane, Automobile Exhaust, Diethyl ketone, Lactic acid, Propionaldehyde. Benzene, Dimethylaniline, Dimethylsulfate, Propionic acid, Body odors, Dimethylsulfate, Menthol, Propyl acetate, Borane, Dioxane, Mercaptans, Propyl alcohol, Bromine, Diproyl ketone, Methil acetate, Propyl chloride, Burned Flesh, Ether, Menthyl acrylate, Propyl ether, Burned Food, Ethyl acetate, Methyl alcohol, Propyl mercaptan, Butadiene, Ethyl acrylate, Methyl bromide, Methyl bromide
Butane, Ethyl alcohol, Methyl butyl ketone, Propylene, Butanone, Ethyl amine, Methyl cellosolve Propyne, Butyl acetate, Ethyl benzene, Methyl cellosolve acetate, Putrefying substances, Butyl alcohol, Ethyl bromide, Methyl chloride, Putrescine, Butyl cellosolve, Ethyl chloride, Methyl chloroform, Pyridine, Butyl chloride, Ethyl ether, Methyl ether, Resins, Butyl ether, Ethyl formate, Methyl ethyl ketone, Rubber, Butylene, Ethyl mercaptan, Methyl formate, Sauerkraut, Butyne, Ethyl silicate, Methyl isobutyl ketone, Sewer odors. Butyraldehyde Ethylene chlorhydrin, Methyl mercaptan, Skalote, Butyric acid, Ethylene dichloride, Methylcyclohexane, Slaughtering odors, Camphor, Ethylene oxide, Methylcyclohexanol, Smog, Caprylic acid, Essential oils, Methylcyclohexaone, Sour milks, Carbolic acid, Eucalyptole, Methylene chloride, Stoddard solvent, Chlorine Gas, Carbon disulfide, Fertilizer, Monochlorobenzene, Styrene monomer. Carbon dioxide, Film processing odors, Monofluorotri cloromethane, Sulfur dioxide, Carbon tetrachloride, Fish odors, Naphtha, Sulfur trioxide, Cellosolve, Floral scents, Naphthziene, Sulfuric acid, Cellosolve acetate, Fluorotrichloromethane, Nitric acid, Tetrachloroethane, Cheese, Formaldehyde, Nitro benzenes, Tetrachloroethylene, Chlorine, Formic acid, Nitroethane, Tobacco smoke odor. Chlorobenzene, Gangrene, Nitrogen dioxide, Toilet odors, Chlorobutadiene, Garlic, Nitroglycerine, Toluene, Chloroform, Gasoline, Nitromethane, Toluidine, Chloronitropropane, Heptane, Nitropropane Trichlorethylene, Chloropicrin, Heptylene Nitrotoluene, Trichloroethane, Citrus and other fruits, Hexane, Nonane Turpentine, Cleaning compounds, Hexylene, Octalene, Urea, Coal smoke, Hexyne Octane, Uric acid, Creosote, Organic Chemicals, Onions, Valeric acid, Cresol ,Hydrogen bromide, Varnish fumes, Valericaldehyde, Crotonaldehyde, Hydrogen chloride, Ozone, Xylene, Cychlohexane, Hydrogen cyanide, Packing house odors.

our system has a standard woven paper filter then treated foam pre-filter in front of the main activated charcoal filter to remove large sediments so its not getting gummed up with dust, pollen and other large particulates and can sacrifice itself to actually filter the stuff we really are looking to avoid. Behind this filter is a charcoal blanket filter thats main purpose is to catch anything that might slip though a leak of void or get past main filter into the duct when changing filters. Do not want a filter change to let the bug in trying to avoid. Other than buying the filters I built the filter housing in my own shop using basic sheet metal working tools. Foot shear, hand shear, metal brake, hand seamer, pop rivets, silicone sealing tape, mastic compound and flexible duct work with an exhaust fan that was in my old dark room from the days when we processed film positives up to 20"x28".

In the event that system goes down or we feel threat is higher than it can fully mitigate, rather than sit around in gas masks 24/7 the panic room built for wife has a air filtration system from American Safe Room that can run of electricity or hand pump it for clean air if all backup electricity has been exhausted.

[UR]https://www.americansaferoom.com/nbc-air-filter/[/URL]

This site requires joining to get full access to all plans but can get a few per month for free and have plans for everything from fighting robots to rail guns, solar, wind generators, electronics projects and air filtration. Here is one of their little single room filters can build with parts from a scrapped computer.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Acti...on-Air-Filter/

Add in the Aprilaire whole house triple hepa filter system tied into air handler of HVAC that filters all of our air to basic hospital standards, ability to go positive pressure with the activated carbon system and the safe room I do not see how trying to travel through thousands of panicking people of whom many may already be carriers is the "smart" choice. Turn on HVAC whole house filter, positive pressure system, start duct taping every door jamb except the door will install the "air lock/clean room" for entering and exiting ans necessary.

Now that primary heir and secondary heirs are acting loopy and wanting to put stipulations on how the estate is transferred or parts they do and do not want am meeting with the estate planner next week. The will is going to be altered and some items and property that was protected for them to be sure and get without going though probate are going to be restructured and start pulling out and spending money on wife and I.

There is one major home improvement project we have bee moving slowly on with intent for me to finish myself over time to save paying subcontractors. We are already looking at people to call to do the hard labor parts and move the project forward which will give us a one bedroom efficiency apartment in basement built to panic room standards. rather than a panic room with very few amenities beyond survival as have now will have a bedroom with small kitchen and nice bathroom all built with full air filtration, separate HVAC on a mini-split, water supplied from municipal or backup system at the twist of a ball valve in the apartment. Was hoping to have finished by time I turned 60 but now going to look at having done inside of a year.

Too much stuff to carry to bug out. Where will I plu up my Bipap ASV machine and computer that sets off alarms to wake me if quit breathing while sleeping on the "bug out" trail? Have to put the mask on, pulseoximiter, tie it all to laptop and if respiration stops or heart rate slows beyond safe level the darn thing flips out like a pinball machine. Without it every time I fall asleep risk not waking up. Load up all the meds, medical equipment, food, weapons and ammo...

Nope, anyone that wonders, we will be at home when the balloon goes up or trying to get there and once lock the doors won't be leaving the property. Have clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, food to eat, and electricity generation with fuel to keep critical systems and our selves running for minimum six months before have to open a door. Anyone wants to take it has to be prepared to cross a deadly fence then mine field while being shot at from hardened structure. Believe we can run about 500 rounds a day for three years or so.

Believe we can stay inside for a year without going out for more than occasional generator service. At four years I run out of meds and start slowly dying over the course of six months. So unless pandemic runs its course, and able to come out and scrounge for meds and food then we have a known shelf life without someone coming and killing us. Why was trying so hard to structure an easy transition from us to heir so if world is sideways and we have passed he always has a safe place to go if possible to get to the Ponderosa.

Not interested? Then I am going to start burning a 1,00 rounds per week instead of 500 and should still have ammo left when die of old age if make it to the magic 84 for American male. Dropped my last 2.5 pounds of H322 last night and ended up with 7,000 fresh rounds of 6.8 added to the pile. Checked on my order and will be next week if lucky before more arrives so swapping over to 308 and 24 pounds of TAC or Varget (not decided which yet) to drop in cases already prepped while keep 5.56 falling in the bucket ready to package. Bottom line, plan to die at work or at home the only part is the time has not been nailed down yet. So pandemic come on, bet we outlive many if not most for at least four years.
Old October 12, 2017, 20:26   #80
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

On second thought, just stay put Huey.
Old October 13, 2017, 14:08   #81
55bird
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 799
I liked that movie Time Machine with Jeremy Irons.
Next big micro kill on humans just natural selection I guess by our own hands.
I hear there are deadly fungus out there so potent it is crazy.
Old October 14, 2017, 15:37   #82
hueyville
Registered

Quote:
On second thought, just stay put Huey.
Long post was just to be detailed in event someone wants to know what is required to "bug in". Not everyone can bug out and those that live in high density urban areas are in a pickle. If live on three acres or more have some "breathing room" if able to keep people at property lines.

This is how easy and inexpensive it is to make a huge leap toward clean air that should get you through a pandemic unless only option is a biosphere with dot gov type money to spend.

Six inch fan to run continuous air supply into home to keep positive pressure environment. $279

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hv...cfm-dual-inlet

Housing with filter. $318

https://www.monstergardens.com/Fans-...Carbon-Filters

This gets air to your whole house air filtration system filtered to 8 MERV or more based on any pre-filters or secondary filter feel inclined to add in line with your system. Will need flexible duct, a flange with grate and pre-filter where pull fresh air in house along with some duct tape, mounting straps, mastic compound and other items which should total around $200. would have air go through filter before fan so fan does not become filled with contaminants if have to service or replace it. This will tie into cold air return for house in line with your whole house air filtration system which is where you get your 16 MERV filtration.

I threw in pictures of three name brand whole house filters but there are other designs that mount inline with cold air return and air handler like a standard filter only thicker.

http://littletonac.com/air_filtration_systems.html

I have a unit similar to the Lennox in line between cold air return box and air handler. Main difference is mine has the pre-filter, then HEPA media filter then third activated carbon filter that is rated to two microns and filters 99.7& of impurities and virus. It is "sneeze rated" meaning someone who is sick can sneeze directly into the inlet side and none of the aerosol or bacteria/particulates from the sick person makes it through all three filters. The positive pressure clean air supply is piped into the the cold air return which has a diaphragm that keeps air from back feeding through cold air returns, it has to go though the main filter package and through the air handler out through the registers around the house.

All thats needed from here are several rolls of plastic and duct tape to seal up every gap in the house staring with doors and windows. Unless using for heat chimneys and other vents need to be sealed and once you turn on fan for clean air supply to feed into cold air return and turn HVAC into fan mode to help keep pressure up then house will always be pushing clean air out all gaps and cracks instead of allowing any in. If house is super tight like mine with good storm windows and storm doors plus every gap can find using thermal imaging from both inside and outside during hot and cold weather just one of your fans has to be blowing. I have a DC fan inline with my clean air inlet in case AC is down, generator is off line and want to run off batteries.

To do your clean air system up and do it well total materials will run $750 to $1,000 unless like me can build your own filter housing and have scrap flexible duct from working on HVAC systems. The whole house systems pictured run from $400 to $800 and mine is a little above the $800 price point but went all in at $900 based on contractor pricing. Either way you flip it can build your system, put the extra supplies in stock to seal gaps and go positive pressure for the price of a basic FAL kit and DSA receiver or for price of a nicely done FAL from a top builder get a Cadillac air filtration system with DC capability.

Cobble it together for under a grand or go all in and go big for under $2,000 and have clean air inside your house all the time from whole house system running with HVAC and positive pressure system sitting in reserve for the day a HAZMAT or pandemic begins. If run just the fan on HVAC and clean air even a small 2,000 watt generator will keep it going with headroom for other stuff might need. If have whole house generator it won't even notice the load from this as its just two low total watt fans spinning. Once this is in place, then look at your next project. A project per year and in a decade or so have a house that is near bullet proof, EMP and pandemic resistant. Add firearms, plenty of ammo, stir and ready to cook.
Old October 14, 2017, 17:09   #83
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Thanks for the air cleaners, going to get the one for my new wood shop.
Old October 15, 2017, 06:05   #84
hueyville
Registered

Then if SHTF with pandemic and can't bug out can rob from shop and cobble into house to keep it clean of contaminants. Remember finer the filter, sooner it clogs. Why pre filter(s) are important. Won't take huge amount of sawdust to clog a 8 to 12 MERV activated carbon filter. Have spares in stock. Have Jet powered dust filters hanging all over shop portion of business then Hepa filters in each office and upgraded filter elements in the HVAC. A standard 3/4" HVAC filter is designed to protect the equipment, not improve air quality and why additional filtration required. Two years of studying indoor air quality is rolling around my head and some places when see their outdoor condensers don't even want to enter building.
Old October 15, 2017, 07:21   #85
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Volunteer grave diggers: Canadian government asks funeral homes to prep for pandemic

While Canadian health officials have extensive plans to ensure people survive a future influenza pandemic, they’ve also made macabre recommendations for the nation’s funeral homes for those who don’t.

“In a pandemic, each individual funeral home could expect to handle about six months work within a six- to eight-week period,” the Public Health Agency of Canada warns on a web page about the management of mass fatalities during a pandemic flu.

Storage space for corpses could also be a problem, the agency notes, and it says refrigerated trucks or ice rinks could be pressed into service if needed.

Continued: https://globalnews.ca/news/3652652/c...-funeral-home/
Old October 15, 2017, 10:21   #86
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
This is tangential to the topic, but of note:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...andoned-russia
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 12:22   #87
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Volunteer grave diggers: Canadian government asks funeral homes to prep for pandemic

While Canadian health officials have extensive plans to ensure people survive a future influenza pandemic, they’ve also made macabre recommendations for the nation’s funeral homes for those who don’t.

“In a pandemic, each individual funeral home could expect to handle about six months work within a six- to eight-week period,” the Public Health Agency of Canada warns on a web page about the management of mass fatalities during a pandemic flu.

Storage space for corpses could also be a problem, the agency notes, and it says refrigerated trucks or ice rinks could be pressed into service if needed.

Continued: https://globalnews.ca/news/3652652/c...-funeral-home/
Seems like a lot of countries are making plans for mass deaths for some as yet non made public reasons.

The report above, states bodies are not contagious from simple flu, which is correct, but with a huge number of deaths, how do you really know if the bug is natural or man made and not designed to remain active in a dead host for some period of time to keep infecting anyone that comes into contact with it.

Some mass death event takes place, forgo all normal burial practices, dig a deep pit, toss in the dead, add fuel, burn, then bury, cover pit.
Deep pit, 20 to 30 bodies needs about 5 gallons of diesel fuel to get them burning.
Logs, tree limbs, anything else ya can get hold too, on top, will help render the bodies down to bones.
Stack all the dead bodies into one house, burn the house down on top of them, should work, be hot enough.
Human bodies will burn, you just got to get them hot enough to start.

Tough times, requires tough actions.

300 yards and zero outside contact allowed once you decide to lock down.

They make horror movies about this shit because it is horrible.
Old Yesterday, 12:12   #88
hueyville
Registered

Quote:
(Trim)
Stack all the dead bodies into one house, burn the house down on top of them, should work, be hot enough.

They make horror movies about this shit because it is horrible.
Don't want to be outside long enough to dig big hole of multiple small holes. Gathering sticks nor such either and diesel fuel will be to valuable to waste. With say just a 50% mortality rate if use 10% of structures as incinerators will still be plenty of infrastructure left as planet repopulates.

Unfortunately majority of re-population is most likely to occur in area whatever virus causing near species extinction occurs. If that is Africa where they have proven unable to rise above tribal lifestyle that dates back thousands of years only with Ak's and cell phones instead of spears and drums they will want to take their mental malfunction ways to greener grass. Asians will do the same and both live in either mud huts with grass roofs or paper houses with bamboo roofs. The under 35 millennial breeding stock of United States and Western Europe wont be able to hook up without smart phones and dating Apps. Asian and African populations will grow and move throughout Europe and South/Central American will re-populate and move into U.S.
Old Yesterday, 14:13   #89
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Huey, I really don't expect to be around long enough to worry about any re-population which takes place, but,,,, if I am, I will rise up and do my part to help out a little.
Old Today, 13:39   #90
hueyville
Registered

Be better to have the Silent Generation (Greatest Generation) and early to mid Baby Boomers spawning genetic material than these Gen Y and Gen Z kids. A few Millennial's with sense but most will die within 72 hours of their I Phones going kaput as can't wipe their @$$ without doing a Google search. So stick around, keep your old self in the game and remember that just a few years ago in the grand scheme of human existence that men took females in the 14 to 16 year old range as wives and started spitting out a fresh farm hand every 12 to 15 months till had to get a new one because the first one was weak and died spitting out farm hands. Helped keep the gene pool strong.

Plus the added benefit that 14 year old girls can fight off Navy SEAL's with 10/22's so you night need a harem. May even live long enough to pass some real skills down to your first new run of offspring. I chose not to have kids (greedy and wanted to go climb mountains and buy toys for myself instead of modern kids you can't legally give a spanking) but if world goes sideways and needs repopulating will do my best if find some young females needing some genetic material from someone that no matter what keeps getting up from every significant injury or illness and gets back in the game. Its the least I can do.

Why am building the apartment downstairs to code with sound and fire proof insulation between it and rest of house. Telling wife its a place for our future caregiver to live but may need it for raising post SHTF family and the noise not disturbing the wife. She doesn't need to hear crying babies and the sounds of making more. Glad my wife has a sense of humor if she reads this...