The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > General Meetings and Events

Notices

Old December 13, 2012, 18:50   #1
spatin
Likes FALs

FALaholic #: 17469
FAL Fest 2013

Is anyone interested in taking on the job of director for FAL Fest 2013?

Jerry says he can't do it and I am just too busy to do it this year.

So if we are going to have a FAL Fest this coming year, someone else needs to step up and take it.

Any takers?

If you are interested, you can call me 719-578-5104 and I can tell you what is involved. I need to know within the next week or so because the insurance renewal and check is due Jan. 3, 2013.

If I don't hear from anyone I will let the insurance lapse and that will be that.

Sidney
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
http://www.a-human-right.com/effective.html

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Donations are gratefully accepted.
spatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 00:17   #2
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
Sorry Sid, I will be the chief range officer at my gun club next year or I would consider the job.

Sure hope someone steps up.

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 02:02   #3
spatin
Likes FALs

Hi Gary.

Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to step up and take the responsibility for the director of FAL Fest 2013.
Wish someone else would.
I just can't do it any more and no one is going to take it.

Well, I am sure happy that we have had a bunch of fests at Whittington over the last few years. I have really enjoyed meeting with y'all and shooting with my friends on the wonderful ranges provided by this terrific range.

Hope to see you again soon. I will stay active in FAL activities.

Sidney
spatin
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Old December 14, 2012, 04:43   #4
Erik the Red
Registered

FALaholic #: 18630
If no one steps up to do FAL Fest, I might suggest that we turn the Oregon FAL Shoot into FAL Fest for this year. We have turned this into a really awesome event and its very well attended. Here's the link to the Oregon FAL Shoot discussion. http://falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338907

Thanks,
Erik Ernst

www.campaignforliberty.com

Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 458 Col. Isaac W. Smith Portland, Oregon.
www.scvportland.org

"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish. Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations."
Lt. Gen. Stephen D. Lee, CSA, Commander, United Confederate Veterans, 1906
Erik the Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 10:44   #5
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

There is nothing in the rule book that says a bunch of us can't just happen to meet at Whittington and shoot together. As I understand it, we cannot be a "club or organization" due to insurance situations. But we can shoot together.

I would hate to see FAL Fest die. As I stated, my plate is going to be full this year and hopefully for a long time due to my new job at my gun club. And depending on stiuations, I might not be able to even attend this year.

Surly someone can step up to the plate and take over this job.

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
Old December 15, 2012, 06:21   #6
dirtyrice
Registered

FALaholic #: 20129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik the Red View Post
If no one steps up to do FAL Fest, I might suggest that we turn the Oregon FAL Shoot into FAL Fest for this year. We have turned this into a really awesome event and its very well attended. Here's the link to the Oregon FAL Shoot discussion. http://falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338907

Thanks,
Erik Ernst
Do you have a 1000yd range with pits?? Or a 500yd steel plate range
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Ron Paul 2008. Wtf happened people :( God Bless Texas!
dirtyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012, 06:28   #7
Erik the Red
Registered

FALaholic #: 18630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice View Post
Do you have a 1000yd range with pits?? Or a 500yd steel plate range
The 1000 yard range is a possibility, but the 500 yard steel plate is no problem.

-Erik

www.campaignforliberty.com

Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 458 Col. Isaac W. Smith Portland, Oregon.
www.scvportland.org

"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish. Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations."
Lt. Gen. Stephen D. Lee, CSA, Commander, United Confederate Veterans, 1906
Erik the Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012, 22:40   #8
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

I would dearly love to visit Oregon. However, that is about a 1000 or more mile trip for us. Several days travel time.

But who know what the future will bring.

Old December 16, 2012, 21:14   #9
dirtyrice
Registered

FALaholic #: 20129
Yeah the thing about raton is it is pretty close to the middle of the country. I don't know if there are any similar options in kansas
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Ron Paul 2008. Wtf happened people :( God Bless Texas!
dirtyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2012, 15:02   #10
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
This will probably be one of the last FAL Fests.

Next time, guys, it is long range slingshots...............
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2012, 17:03   #11
spatin
Likes FALs

I agree with you Gary. If we can't put together a formal meet at Raton, we can still arrange something informal, which would be fine with me. We don't need to reserve ranges, and we can still get together in the evenings as we have done in the past.

Sidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut1 View Post
There is nothing in the rule book that says a bunch of us can't just happen to meet at Whittington and shoot together. As I understand it, we cannot be a "club or organization" due to insurance situations. But we can shoot together.

I would hate to see FAL Fest die. As I stated, my plate is going to be full this year and hopefully for a long time due to my new job at my gun club. And depending on stiuations, I might not be able to even attend this year.

Surly someone can step up to the plate and take over this job.
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old December 28, 2012, 18:58   #12
spatin
Likes FALs

No official FAL Fest for 2013.
I did get one response from an individual who had some questions, but I just don't have the time to coach someone on how to do this.
No other responses.
I'm going to have to call it off for this year at least.
Later on I may post something to try to put together an informal get together to do some shooting and socializing at Whittington, but not as a formal event.
Thanks to all who have made FAL Fest a great event for the last 6 years. It was great fun and I really enjoyed meeting all of you.
Maybe I'll see you around at some of the gun shows - if we are allowed to have any more gun shows with all the BS going on about reinstating the assault weapons ban. Hope you are all writing letters to all of your representatives.
Sidney
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp