New Sig P365

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ig-sauer-p365/
"Property Tax", my FAVORITE oxymoron
edporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 01:59   #2
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Interesting. I kinda like it. Looking forward to some reviews.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 09:18   #3
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Looks like SIG and Ruger got together...Iíll pass.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!Ē -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 10:19   #4
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Hmmm,

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the Glock 26. So far with out seeing it, it beats the Glock in value by the simple fact that it come with metal night sights.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2018, 09:48   #5
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
And bit more from TTAG...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...edc-9mm-video/

Curious about the effective size diff with the P320 in the SC guise. My daily carry is the compact in .40 with the compact mag installed and 2 FS mags in addition. Obviously thinner, but if I need much thinner I have my Ruger LC9sPro that is about the thinnest thing on the market, and I have a 10rd extended mag for it.

Can't help but wonder if a narrower version of the P320 frame module with thinner (and slightly reduce capacity) mags isn't possible.

Last edited by jhend170; January 31, 2018 at 09:55.
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2018, 09:55   #6
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
I have the other SIG polymer gun. I'm not that big of a fan of it the more I've shot it. Metal SIGs seem to point and shoot well for me because of the balance. the P320 just seems to be snappy.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 10:39   #7
johnnycobra
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 26209
Went to the Local shop yesterday intent on buying an FNS as my token 9mm, but thinking I could get cold feet and purchase a G19....

Turns out a I took a look at this 365 with a 12round magazine and nearly jumped on it.
I wasn’t expecting to see or like it, but it felt good in the hand.

Main purpose was to own a 9mm, which I currently don’t and have a high capacity plastic wonder that could be carried.

Yes I looked at CZ P10, FNS-9, Walther ppq and G19 first. FNS, G19 are still top of the list, but the 365 has me questioning (FNS is $165 cheaper than the others and I can’t find a fault)
johnnycobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 19:41   #8
edporch
Registered

FALaholic #: 12834
I finally bought a Sig P365 recently that was produced on Dec 1, 2018.
Finally got to fire it today, it worked flawlessly, and I really like it.

It will be my new pocket carry pistol, replacing a S&W 9mm Shield I've used in that capacity for some time.

The P365 fits my hand much better with the 12 round mag.

Comparing fully loaded weights with the optional 12 round magazine, it's no taller, longer or thicker than the Shield (with 7 round mag) and only weighs 15 grams more.
But has 5 more rounds capacity.

With the 10 round magazine, it's loaded weight 15 grams lighter than the Shield's loaded weight (with 7 round mag) and is also shorter.
"Property Tax", my FAVORITE oxymoron

Last edited by edporch; January 16, 2019 at 19:47.
edporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 19:47   #9
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

It looks kinda cool. I'll check one out.

Old January 17, 2019, 18:03   #10
lakipolitis
Registered

FALaholic #: 80894
I snagged one a while back. It's been my EDC. So far it's only had about 200 rounds through it. Plan on putting a lot more through it when I can find the time.

Easily one of the most comfortable guns I've ever carried. And with the 12 round mag, my monster paws don't slip and stumble all over the smaller frame.
Old January 17, 2019, 18:12   #11
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Boy they sure are pricey. Looks like about $550 buy the time you actually get one including a transfer and all. I'm a little shy. I have a Sig 320 and just not a lot of love. I might would trade it to try a 365. But I just don't think I'd drop another $550 on a plastic sig. And I am a Sig fan.

Old January 17, 2019, 18:13   #12
lakipolitis
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Boy they sure are pricey. Looks like about $550 buy the time you actually get one including a transfer and all. I'm a little shy. I have a Sig 320 and just not a lot of love. I might would trade it to try a 365. But I just don't I'd drop another $550 on a plastic sig
Snagged mine on sale for $510 out the door. Every now and again they come up on Armslist for $400-450. Probably from people that limp-wrist Sigs. The classic "my Sig fails to feed"...
Old January 18, 2019, 10:16   #13
FNfreak
Registered

FALaholic #: 1081
Make sure you buy one built after June 2018 at a minimum. There is a known issue with the striker that causes broken firing pin/striker assemblies after 1000 or so rounds. It has been corrected since (supposedly) and there aren't many reports of failures since the modification of the design by SIG in late JUNE 2018.
A few reports of an entire new slide assembly for 2019 but have yet to see anyone with one. I've been waiting to buy one once they get all the "bugs" worked out of this one. It is a great little gun EDC. I'd wait a few more months before I buy one and see how the newest versions are preforming.
FNfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2019, 10:33   #14
lakipolitis
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNfreak View Post
Make sure you buy one built after June 2018 at a minimum. There is a known issue with the striker that causes broken firing pin/striker assemblies after 1000 or so rounds. It has been corrected since (supposedly) and there aren't many reports of failures since the modification of the design by SIG in late JUNE 2018.
Yes, the striker drags across the face of the primer in a slight downwards fashion - not good. Mine doesn't do it as pronounced as other pre-June18 ones. MAC has a good video on what's exactly happening. Undoubtedly, there will be an update to these, I'll ship mine off to Sig and I'll carry my old EDC for a month or so before I get it back.

Next range trip, I'll post some pics of ejected brass so you guys can see what it looks like. Mine is manufactured right before the June (10th) 2018 Update.

Last edited by lakipolitis; January 18, 2019 at 10:41.
lakipolitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2019, 16:12   #15
ActionYobbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 32542
I got the 365 a few weeks ago. I dont like the pinky extender on the mag base. I pefer the flush base. Thats my only complaint so far.

If you like pinky extender bases and want to trade let me know
Old January 20, 2019, 21:04   #16
lakipolitis
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionYobbo View Post
I got the 365 a few weeks ago. I dont like the pinky extender on the mag base. I pefer the flush base. Thats my only complaint so far.

If you like pinky extender bases and want to trade let me know
Shooting you a pm
Old February 03, 2019, 18:20   #17
ActionYobbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 32542
Been out getting some range time and testing different hollow point ammo. It seems to really likes the monarch (PPU) 124g JHP. I tried a few different brands of 115g and some 147g. I even used the $1 a round sig ammo and the average group size for the 115 and 147 was 3.5" at 7 yards but the 124's were putting in 2" and less with the monarch consistantly in the 1" range with the biggest group at 1.5" and the smallest at .875". Groups were all 5 rounds and I fired 4 groups of each ammo each time. So 5 of each 115 then 5 of each 124 then 5 of each 147. Funny how the cheapest ammo was also the best.

And I dropped it for the first time today

Also the gun shot 2" to the left and the sight looked like it was a bit to the right so I bumped the front sight left which now makes in exactly center on the slide
Old February 04, 2019, 13:45   #18
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
I've carried a G43 almost since they first came out. Its a great carry piece and I found it to be accurate. Then a friend bought a Sig 365 about a year ago and obviously loved emailing his praise of the Sig to me.

I bought my own 365 about two months ago. It was like I purchased a custom pistol made just for me! The G43 now resides in the gun safe.
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote