The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old March 19, 2018, 15:02   #1
lelandEOD
Registered

FALaholic #: 35009
AN/PSR-1A Intrusion Detection Set - best place to sell?

I have an operable AN/PSR-1A detector kit that I'd like to sell but have no idea what board or forum would be the best place to start. Thoughts?

I figured you guy's would get a kick out of this...

Here are some photos just for grins. I used this thing on a hog hunt in Texas last year and it was a hoot!

lelandEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 18:23   #2
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I have actually been looking for another. Have one set up that covers the back of the property and would like another for the front. With the seismic overlapped by ground radar when both are running no human can get through undetected. The radar will pick up a man sized object moving as slow as one meter per minute. Thus if someone gets low and crawls very slow radar misses them but get near a seismic sensor and it will generally alert. If want to sell would be a player.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 18:27   #3
imacoonass01
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
I would like a chance at it also.
imacoonass01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 21:01   #4
lelandEOD
Registered

I didn't post a price because I didn't know if it was appropriate to try and sell something in this forum. I'm looking to get $300 plus shipping for it. Hueyville has first right of refusal. If he passes, I'll let you guys know.
Old March 19, 2018, 22:18   #5
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandEOD View Post
I didn't post a price because I didn't know if it was appropriate to try and sell something in this forum. I'm looking to get $300 plus shipping for it. Hueyville has first right of refusal. If he passes, I'll let you guys know.
If he doesn't, I will.
Old March 20, 2018, 10:21   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
It looks like 300-500 on ebay.
$300 or less sells on fleabay, $500 get relished over and over till price is lowered and they get sold eventually. Own a working unit, a parts unit and the actual testing unit for testing the seismic sensors. They are very sensitive devices and supposed to be tested every once in a while. I have extra seismic sensors as worry about leaving almost 50 year old plastic enclosed devices outside for years on end. Mine have waterproof low voltage connectors (be careful as change resistance of wire with cheap connector or AC intended will throw readings off) and usually every spring when cut grass first time rotate sensor units, ones that come in are cleaned, tested and kept put up.

Find NOS sensors on fleabay priced from $29 to $99 but can buy modern metal units that are compatable for $89. Again, at $99 have not seen any sell till price reduced a few times as relisted. Watched one sit from aggressive seller at $599 over a year before pulled as a no sale. Can take individual sensors and build a project board/enclosure device that works well with these or new commercial sensors. Guy has them on fleabay most of the time. Just went to fleabay for quick seach on phone and found four TRC-3A single channel seismic sensors with sensors, wires, receivers and original storage pouch for $195 Buy Now and tapped them as the single channel are generally harder to find, more flexible as can really spread them around your area trying to protect and if one breaks, compromised, batteries go dead, etc other three don't go down with it.

Had not seen them last time looked which was end of last week. Like armor I look for these every week, set up bid snipes on units that have not been bid up or overpriced and on occasion score another part or accesory. The Vietnam Era ground radar units for intrusion detection work but require a full time operator monitoring device through headphones and why mine is in a Faraday box packed away as not useful compared to my modified marine radars running through some open source software that allows one person to monitor any movement on screen as unit sweeps. Have to limit my sweep to 180 as if on 360 half times it's just sweeping side of the house. Radar only gets run for testing and training sessions to remind wife how to operate.

If SHTF want my dual channel motion sensors, day/night surveillance cameras, radar and seismic sensors running in all directions. Even have motion sensing cameras that will go just inside fence line giving a solid 100 foot view in darkness of anything approaching fence. Seismic sensors are located at fence and detect people and even deer or dogs on occasion outside of fence and closer they get, louder pitch on alarm gets. Have second row inside yard so if outside perimiter devices were smoked by lighting or defeated then have second chance before someone gets in camera range of house.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old March 20, 2018, 16:08   #7
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

He is looking for batteries to test. Honestly I want it, I can afford it and if any other place would be ruthless about raising my dam hand first but am contemplating as I wait for OP's test results. The fleabay find has softened but they are not guaranteed to work so seller said would ship fast and will test immediately. Let me ponder it and consult my property map and how many gaps still exist in front and sides of house, would like a unit at work too but one man should not hoard everything. Here is a description of the kit being offered by the OP and what should be included in a complete kit.

Quote:
Intrusion Detecting Set AN/PSR-1A. Set is capable of detecting human footsteps, moving vehicles, low flying aircraft. Set comes with 4 seismometer's each one has a range of 30 yards in any direction for footsteps and 100 yards for vehicles. The control set may be placed up to one mile from the seismometer's. It requires 6 D cell batteries and new batteries should last 3 months of continuous duty. It requires field telephone wire for connections.
Kit should have:
1 Control Set
4 Seismometer's
1 Ground Rod
1 Headset
I Canvas Carry Case
Honestly if its as clean as this unit pictured internally will be hard to pass up. But if I can upgrade then it might allow me to pass on some well working machines that may show a little more use.

Where the rubber hits the road:

fully accessorized:

If looks as good internally as his pics do externally and his testing works will about have to make a fair offer. If it doesn't work offer would be different as a parts unit. If badly corroded internally then changes the rules. Of course I do repair these things too so like marine radars do often they come to me broken and go to new home at fair price in proper working order and occasionally hack them for their new owner into ground to air or ground only with limited sweep. My goal is making it almost impossible for anyone but a SEAL team, Delta Force, air strike or high fly drone missile strike to surprise us on the Ponderosa.

A nice four head unit for the front yard and the additional remote units will fill my few gaps in seismic intrusion detection. Have a dozen very nice new in box, recent manufacture commercial seismic sensors at the house keep meaning to build a control board that uses a series of LED's to measure the amount of vibration each channel is receiving. Then using a RaspberryPi to interface with a computer should be able to triangulate most likely position of someone within a meter if three heads are getting readings. have most of the circuit pieced together on paper but making it work is going to be an entirely different horse. When finish the robotic arm and drone projects that is on top five list of electronics projects and would make the military units obsolete as basically tell you something is pinging them and then its up to the operator to interpret based on experience.

Before wife came down with mobility issues she was a good sport about walking around in the woods and yard as I figured out how to interpret what exactly these things were telling me. they can be set up to ping at detection of motion setting threshold to keep false alarms down at expense of allowing a trained slow crawler to slip through. They are by no means magic and most people I have seen buy them thought they were magic and could tell them three men with guns were slipping through the trees when it might just be wind blowing tree tops feeding down through the tree roots.

Takes understanding the principles under which they work and a good operator to use precisely. That's why many fire bases in Da Nam would be surrounded by these, have some private pulling night watch listening and first indications of Sappers in the wire was tin cans rattling and sudden eruption of a satchel charge. These are good items and everyone should have them, but like ham radio if you wait for the STHTF before you use them will be misinterpreting a lot of false alarms and freaking other times when its not necessary.

My wife can tell you one is popping and if its chirping or wailing but don't expect her to tell you over the comm link "I believe you have one or two men crawling 100 meters away on your nine o'clock." I can use them with a bit more resolution and why if we have a bug in party I really need a few younger and faster bucks to go out the door with me running the surveillance equipment to give them the best idea of whats up if its more than "I see a guy with a rifle on the t.v. screen near that big stump" wife does well watching the cameras and o.k. with blips if have a radar target painted. PM me and will discuss so I can decide how flexible I need to be with whether I pass or not. Can be a reasonable person at times but would hate to pass on a nice unit and buyer just put it away never to be used. I like playing with this kind of stuff and integrating it into my security equipment.
Old March 20, 2018, 18:26   #8
lelandEOD
Registered

I've made myself a note to grab some D-cells next time I'm in town.

Here are a couple more photos. The only real cosmetic issue is on the top cover. Something scratched the paint while it was in storage.

...and the money shot...

I have the headphones and grounding spike for it as well.
Old March 20, 2018, 19:31   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

So I pulled out plat of my property which the fence line sits in four to six inches or if split property line gives neighbors ownership of their side to attach whatever the want to fence you have paid for. Previously majority of my fence was in property line and a neighbor was taking advantage of it by attaching his to mine and saving himself a run of fence. Normally fine but his dogs liked to dig and were always covered in fleas and would pass them to ours if decided to have a meeting with just a fence separating them. On their side removed the chain link on property line totally and ran a temporary "hog wire" fence about four to six feet inside of property line while built a permanent wood structure fence.

New fence (installed after fresh survey) was installed six inches inside property line with signs saying private property, no trespassing, video monitoring in progress and do not attach any devices to this fence. From road it is six feet, six inches tall to corner of house then begins a slow steady rise to twelve feet to block view from neighbors house into ours and back deck as property begins dropping at corner in its exponential fall to lake. Closer to lake you get the steeper the terrain. Ran the numbers on plat of each side of property which comes to 1,280 feet. Placing one of the seismic sensors at fence line in manner their 30 foot range touches but without overlap would require 20 sensors every 60 feet.

This is why at present using the eight we have in service to create a primary seismic line at rear fence then another shorter run half way up the hill inside fence. Reaches from corner to corner at rear which takes five spaced fifty two feet apart. Then fifty feet uphill before base of first terrace or "step" have three with first dead center then one sixty feet to each side of it thus first line covers rear property line and fifteen feet either side to foot traffic. Second line is spaced 120 feet and because they are off center of first line and the little bit of overlap creates a roughly an area 290 feet at fence extending 15 feet across property line and 150 feet sensitivity for rear line and eighty feet deep. So roughly a quadrangle of 290 feet farthest line, 150 feet nearest line and 70 feet deep sensors should alert to moving humans and pretty much do as calculated. Cannot come from lake and cross our fence then proceed up the hill without setting off alarms which is the hardest area to observe visually, especially after dark.

This leaves the two longest runs of fence either side of house unmonitored by seismic sensors as well as front which is close enough to road would have to turn down sensitivity if ran with fence till point would not be of use. House is closer to front and side property lines which motion sensors and cameras do pretty good job with except toward back of property. Need another pair in second line to close up that area into a 290 foot by seventy foot no man's land for foot traffic. With another four sensor machine could set next pair about ten feet inside fence and another 50 feet up the hill. Then the four single sensor units place two either side every 50 feet and have a roughly 30 foot by 150 foot leg off the rear rectangle which means from 15 feet outside of fence have continuous coverage across back yard for 70 feet and then inside fence 30 feet a total of 160ish feet which reaches about mid line or just farther up sides of house.

We were at a family gathering on wife's side when one of her uncles made everyone watch a show on television about presidential protection at White House as he was member of D.C. police assigned to White House and Presidential motorcade as motorcycle officer for 20 of his 30 year career. He just self published a book (totally sucks, totally boring, written by "ghost writer" from publishing company he paid $25,000 to write his autobiography, sold about 100 copies to date) but knew show was on with historical clips and was sure he would be seen and was giving commentary entire time. About as exciting as a slide show of a family trip to Disney World.

One point commentator and experts were talking about the seismic sensors that let Secret Service and police security know if someone even walked on the grass and wife laughed saying big deal, we have those at our house. Same when they mentioned high resolution day/night cameras and possibly radar. Most of her family are educated liberals and when realized she was not joking are 100% convinced I am an absolute lunatic. When they spoke of gun emplacement and fortified sniper hides she said "Yippie, we have those too, just like the President" as she really loves yanking the chain of her educated, liberal, non Christian cousins.

Most of them will tell you to your face if do not have at least a Masters Degree you do not have the knowledge or problem solving skills to vote and believe only people with advanced degrees should be allowed to vote. When an opportunity to get under their skin presents itself, us unedjumicated ones take it. When they learned I always carry and always wear armor they flipped out. When told we have AR 15's behind the seat or under back seat of all trucks double flipped. But when told we have seismic sensors, high voltage electric fence, video cameras, motion sensors and ground level,plus ground to air radar they thought we were pulling their leg till next time one visited and wife took them into the panic room where our control center sits with ham radio equipment. Now at any family event I get quizzed by the worst of the liberals about why I feel a need for such levels of surveillance and firepower. Tell them if had the money would buy a tank and an attack helicopter with operators on staff 24/7/365.

We don't run radar except for testing, cameras are for situational awareness when home and evidence when not and SHTF then have ability to monitor from multiple locations. House is wired for field telephone type intercom system so if a group is inside can communicate through copper wire instead of radio but have secure low band and high band VHF along with UHF that have matched rolling algorithm scramble boards. When the word got out in family about the panic room with vault door and row of gun vaults we were tagged as certified loonies but not even the PhD's will engage me in political debate anymore as hate losing to an uneducated red neck. Wife explained all doors were force entry and ballistic rated along with windows and they lost some fuses. Of course when world turns inside out who will be at the gate begging to get in because know we have food, water and means to protect ourselves.

Items like these seismic sensors are not a solution to your perimeter awareness and defense but just a piece of the puzzle. Motion sensor flood lights you can turn off are simple layer as are surveillance cameras these days. We also have motion sensor I.R. floodlights that can turn on full time or put on automatic. If turn off visible light motions and I.R. motions on its great way to keep up with coyote and raccoons around the house. If it pops on a coyote then people should be easier except they carry guns and shoot. Will have monitoring devices for a dozen sensors when the four new show up so still eight sensors shy of minimum needed.
Old March 21, 2018, 12:21   #10
lelandEOD
Registered

Got it checked this morning. Seems to be working just fine.

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/i9WdwbjjwOk
Old March 21, 2018, 18:27   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

PM inbound.
Old March 21, 2018, 19:01   #12
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
So how does this thing work?
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 08:43   #13
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Google "AN/PSR-1A Intrusion Detection Set instructions" and will find links to Utube videos and pdf downloads of instruction manual. Basically use field telephone wire to attach jumper clips of sensors to device. If leave long tern the chrome plated steel jumpers will corrode and rust away so mine get replaced with waterproof stainless low voltage banana plug connectors and a wrap of silicone tape. My wires are run in 1/2" schedule 20 irrigation pipe buried deep enough that don't accidentally whack with lawn tools or equipment and wires are not direct buried for decades. A four inch trench with pick will suffice.

Attach each wire pair to set of terminals then turn on one sensor at time and adjust till screaming drops to tic, tic, tic then down just a tad more. Get each happy, and turn all on and leave. If hear speaker begin tic, tic, tic someone is approaching a sensor. If it goes to wailing they are on top of it so as goes from light ticking to loud wailing can guess distance from sensor with a little practice. By turning off sensors one at a time can narrow down which sensor is alerting and if getting signal from two know they are between. Can set sensitivity so low only a vehicle will set them off or so high a low flying aircraft will set them off but odds if aircraft sets them off you heard it before the seismic sensors did. Fairly simple device. There are different models which some broadcast a radio signal and set a radio to frequency so when they pick up motion they make radio squeal. If we're using at a forward observation listening post would use headset and have person monitor or when speaker alerts if sensors are close to position then you alert your threat to where you are. Can also monitor by watching needle on meter which some models have, others do not.

There are different models including Soviet based systems and more modern NATO but mostly replaced by radar. I have radar but running it 24/7/365 means monitoring and knowing how to filter false signals such as trees and bushes blowing in the wind. I take marine radars would see on most small medium fishing vessels and modify them for ground use. Best option though if not familiar with radar systems and adjusting sensitivity, maintaining, adjusting radones and hacking software to bset leverage signal to useable information for whoever have monitoring machine one of the facility protection or man portable radar systems from a company like FLIR is easy except writing the check though some smaller companies sell less expensive systems.

https://www.flir.com/browse/governme...systems/radar/

If look in left side of picture of my ham radio shack at work will see a pair of radar control heads.

Not in frame but just above and left of radar heads is a international shipping weather fax that picks up a 24/7/365 nautical broadcast of weather con it ions and even hard copy prints of cloud cover and other weather data. If dot gov pulled the plug on broadcast news/weather for security reasons doubt they will leave all international shipping blind of weather. So layer weather fax with personal weather station, ground to ground radar with ground to air and all band all mode ham radio, commercial radio, military radio, personal cell repeater, seismic sensors, day/night video cameras with motion sensing to alert if camera senses motion, motion sensing flood lights and motion sensing I.R. floodlights along with high voltage/high amperage electric fence it would make it very difficult for anyone to even get near fence or even sight of the Ponderosa without being seen if gone to DEFCON 5 and fired up all systems and parked an operator on them or just set up alarms to alert if motion is detected.

Seismic is still used to this day but advanced systems that have computer screens with overlapping sensors that pinpoint location of target. A trained Scout Sniper could easily slow crawl close enough that if not barricaded windows with the closing shutters and has a 338 Lapua can pick my dumb @$$ off as head for the coffee pot. Even if have closed the place up and gone to lock up unless in panic room don't know how good some dot gov thermal scopes might be at seeing heat signatures through walls and just put a 50 BMG round through wall. Have the best insulation behind masonry walls with ballistic barriers but a trained team with dot gov budget would fubar our entire day. Roving bands of zombies after a collapse of society, meteor strike, major volcano, or any natural calamidy that doesn't destroy the Ponderosa from onset and we can put up a fair defense with good situational awareness.

The new drone cousin is building/repairing has 7 to 9 pound lift with 35 minute flight time loaded, can be outfitted with drop device or live feed camera on pan/rotate gimbal mount and programmed to fly a set search pattern automatically with anti-collision and return to home plus ability to stay in air with one engine down. The two camera drones with half pound payload must be flown by an operator and only have 20 minute flight time. Throw in old fashioned game traps of various sizes, home brew devices, I.R. beams, trip wire devices and can make your hide hard to approach without zombies setting off a flare.

My most recent simple toy is old fashioned wooden cloths pin with AAA battery that place an insulator between the contacts that is attached to fishing line. Someone bumps line pulls insulator out of cloths pin which completes circuit which lights a model rocket ignitor and launches a bottle rocket with starburst or lights a flare or even a "device". Smaller and simpler take on a modified rat trap. Person can go totally old school with a few modern twists and protect perimeter from average group escaping the city but radar and seismic sensors make even professionals work. I like my mix of centuries old devices to modern and everything in between. If know zombies are near and what direction approaching from makes it a bad day for them.
Old March 28, 2018, 15:31   #14
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
So...

Not avalable?
Old March 29, 2018, 07:30   #15
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:

"Remember, short controlled bursts..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bqSgvEZNtY
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2018, 06:54   #16
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Been researching manufacturers of more modern seismic and fence intrusion devices. Found a company that has a simple fiber optic wore that installs very easily to detect climbing, cutting or digging under fences at fair price. Also found a company selling seismic sensors call "disposable" which can be tethered to a computer and programmed to be monitored through a USB receiver that plugs into USB port or can cable to your smart phone and if phone is within half mile of sensor communicates directly with phone. Can buy single units or dozens, number them then use Google maps to mark each one based on GPS info from phone as each is placed. Can buy each sensor for about $250 each, have four year replaceable battery and are used by U.S. military currently. Have a salesman calling next week and will be sending me a demo unit and due to much greater range, selectivity (can tell a deer from a human from a small animal to vehicle) than the 50 year old technology am currently using. Basically six sensors will cover an acre with good overlap and resolution according to vendor. They have a less expensive wired system that can tie into alarm panel or computer which maps threats and sends alerts over Internet to phone or tablet if a raccoon farts in your back yard. $1,500 for the wireless system and sales rep said under a grand for wired system is likely to be on property at work and home soon. As see them in person and test will post up links if like them.

Edit:

Found these MURS infrared motion sensors that can buy in complete kit or as individual components. If have wideband scanner or dual watch handitalkie be very easy to just buy the monitors. Available direct and in fleabay. Found a pair elsewhere and on the way to experiment with.

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/MURS-...mitter-MAT.htm

Last edited by hueyville; April 06, 2018 at 07:53.
Old April 13, 2018, 17:53   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Was it yours that sold on fleabay today? Nice clean unit, meant to enter a bid snipe but concentrating so much on armor forgot and let it slip by me. $227 was final sale price, been watching them sell for $200ish to $270ish based on condition and number of bidders. Would have had a high enough snipe would at least driven final price up for seller if didn't snipe it.

Looking at some of the more modern budget commercial units that are 100% wireless and entry level professional models with map overlays that alert to smart phones and tablets. Having another milspec four channel model or two in Faraday box that run off D cells would be good post SHTF/EMP equipment in case whatever model we buy gets zapped in the event that restructures the world.

Plan is replace all existing currently deployed with more modern system. Put existing and some extra in Faraday boxes for the event an EMP or lightning strike to ground in back yard smokes them. I like upgrading as can afford then put old equipment back to use in event the new takes a dump.
Old July 23, 2018, 18:45   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I have been working as much as I can with wife's help to figure out best placement of seismic sensors based on type and terrain on the Ponderosa. First and most important have learned that the sensors for the TRC-3A units are too sensitive. If place within 25 feet of my house they will alert to my heavy feet when stumbling to the bathroom in middle of night. When tried placing them at fence line between my house and neighbors the ones on side where house is closer were going off everytime they turned in their drive or went to car in carport or driveway. On other side only time they would go off was when neighbor was cutting his grass.

Did some experimentation using G-10 Phenolic blocks to machine different thickest walled sleeves for them to go in and based on how much I need to attenuate their sensitivity just slip the probes in ther "condoms" and can deaden the range on them to where they only pick up motion of people walking at distance need. Of course SHTF and may need to swap to a thinner sleeve to increase range for more alert range especially if people are trying to move carefully but even a ninja in socks is going to set off the sensors that are not attenuated.

The TRC-3A's come in sets of four that all broadcast on same frequency how you know which one has alerted is each has one or more raised dots or bumps on one edge of transmitter. One bumb and beeps once whenever it alerts, two bumps gives two beeps and up to four bumps for four beeps. If want to zone beyond that have to find sets that operate on different frequencies. I have the set of four that operates on 148.020, a second set of four that operate on 148.80 and third set that transmit on 149.9 Mhz. Keep one set in truck in case SHTF while away from house and once roads are blocked have to grab all I can carry and walk the rest of the way home. Will use the travel set for when I find a place to hole up and hide/rest during day, will travel in darkness, can place sensors around my hide far enough away that anyone approaching will set off the sensor and the beeps in my headset from scanner tuned to sensor transmit frequency will wake me and tell me what direction danger is approaching from and can be ready to engage if they notice me.

At the house have installed waterproof project enclosures inside fence structure that once painted same color as fence are virtually unnoticeable. Even though they are waterproof transmitters Vietnam War Era plastic can develop cracks and the least U.V. and weather the transmitters are exposed to the longer they should last. Just had to make a slit for the antenna to pass through and seal it with putty. Only have one set out now but have already tested placements for the other two sets and have project boxes already installed and painted or camouflaged based on need for unit placement. Already know which sleeves/condoms need for each to attenuate signal so that they don't false constantly.

Have my original AN/PSR-1A covering rear fence line using its wired sensors that go to alarm unit in house. So currently have eight seismic sensors spread around back and sides of house where majority of blind spots are and a separate device that alerts us if anyone turns in drive. Add in the video cameras which are much better for our front yard than seismic sensors as was able to attenuate them enough to not false on most vehicular traffic and still pick up person approaching house if placed half way from road to front of house they still went bonkers if a loaded dump truck, road tractor or person with subwoofer in vehicle drove by. Our video cameras see those areas just fine as well as motion sensors mounted on corners aND along front, sides and rear of house. When SHTF and traffic stops due to roads blocked by stranded vehicles, wrecks and downed trees, etc the other AN/PSR-1A and additional two sets of TRC-3A's will be deployed.

Am currently looking for one more PSR-1A system and another TRC-3A or two sets on different frequencies than what own now so can zone them and based on frequency and number of beeps track people approaching from a 1/4 mile along lake shore and Corp of Engineers property plus extend coverage behind neighbors homes where someone would be able to observe us but work blind spots making it hard for us to know they are there. With a wide grid of seismic sensors, my ground radar system that will pick up a human size object moving as slow as one meter per minute even if walking hunched to partially crawling and video cameras out past fence line, between fence and house along with on the house that's three layers of total stealth observation methods.

If S totally HTF and society breaks down then the lifetime of collecting game traps will be deployed for trapping game to ruining anyone who violates our area of defences day. Then other devices from microwave magnatrons to rat traps and shotgun shells using short pieces of black iron pipe to direct she'll blast up as an improvised landmine to model rocket engine power systems on trip wires, motion sensors and push button launch command the Ponderosa will be a place approaching will suck for first few groups that try. The game traps will be chained and locked to trees so unless person bit has bolt cutters will be able to reset those and have so many rat traps and shotgun shells can make small landmines for quite some time. Same with model rocket engines, sure I have well over 1,000 if not double that along with two ignites per engine.

Situational awareness and area denial to farthest distance we can project will mean it takes a crew willing to sacrifice quite a few people to get to fence line where we will know within a few feet their location to engage with gunfire from armored hides that have been purpose built and need minimum modifications to be near perfect for turning the house into a fortified bunker. If half of the dozen people on the admission list arrive then we will have manpower for shifts and if alert goes up have overlapping fields of fire in every direction. If have eight to ten of the twelve then have people to keep in reserve resting and take up anyone woundeds place while others attend to wounds. If the neighbors expect to cooperate do as expected it projects our defenses two more homes in either direction and across road so we have lake shore to lake shore on our peninsula covered for almost a half mile possibly a full mile based on alliances made for the greater good of all concerned.

Have radios with encryption can pass out to at least a dozen homes to coordinate any skirmish and share information that whoever is working our ham shack will be able to monitor using marine radar to cover boats on the lake, ground radar for people and hopefully enough seismic sensors to load up the neighborhood beyond the Ponderosa. Thought I would share my experiments with the TRS-3A radio broadcast seismic sensors. Am at the point anytime see a set come up on frequency do not already have will likely purchase and if cheap enough will by redundant spares in frequencies already own.

As to the AN/PSR-1A have found a system I like better but will continue to buy the wire PSR-1A systems if price is right. We did acquire one of the three sensor Seismo systems that below chart shows the many different ways can deploy them. Mine are being tested inside fence line about 50 feet inside the fence in case someone slips by the sensors at fence and beyond. If do the Seismo system which is 100% buried except antenna sends all my phones and tablets into a panic of alarms. As money allows there will be more Seismo sensor arrays on the Ponderosa.

Old August 12, 2018, 02:13   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Just scored a working 7.5 Kw Furino color marine radar complete unit with all cables, none have been cut, 100% functioning with 90 day warranty. Has a six foot Radon and no rust on Magento unit which is in white case that is clean as a whistle and no sun fading on actual radar dispay/head unit. Odd I just finished reading volume 1 of a 600 page book on basic to intermediate radar systems and am half way through volume two which covers a lot of color vs monochrome along with modifications and advanced repair along with interfacing with computers and software for doing such.

My biggest unit know is 4.5 Kw monochrome unit that hacked into a ground to air unit. Am probably going to mod the 4.5 Kw monochrome unit into another ground radar unit as been wanting another and should give me more resolution in trees beyond fence line in back yard along with range over my 2.5 Kw ground unit that will go to front yard. Have to rust my Navy buddy and my Signal Corp technician to help me through modifying the new unit for ground to air. Unsure about adapting the open array antenna but why I have friends with 20 and 30 years of military training on radar systems.

Bought it so cheap could resell as is and make 10x my money back. Mom called and had spotted some odd ham radio or television broadcasting machine at the Goodwill Store. Paid $49.99 for a radar that will bring a grand all day long on fleabay. They had just gotten in and were about to list it when I swooped in. I may have to start slumming around that Goodwill Store on south end of lake where all the big boats are. Since been in fresh water environment and boat apparently docked under roof and only used on occasional weekeneds it all looks new. It's the first radar unit purchased that don't have to fix or bust up for parts. If turns out to be an issue hacking into ground to air will start cooking some nads around the hood using as ground unit.

Found a bunch of seismic sensors in Poland for dirt cheap. Purchased six and found a kit that uses a Raspberry Pi to link them to computer for about $100 total in parts plus the cost of another Raspberry. The electronics project company with kit says once get it assembled and deployed can monitor your seismic sensors on computer monitor and set it up to sound alarms and log activity for as long as have hard drive memory. These can be set up to listen down or for sound pressure above ground. So if want could technically build a system to make sure nobody is digging tunnels around the house. If I can rig this with hobby parts for a couple hundred bucks seems like dot gov could stop the narco terrorists from digging tunnels from Mexico into U.S. to smuggle drugs.
Old October 13, 2018, 10:24   #20
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Just scored a complete clean and tested AN/PSR1-A on fleabay for $139 and free shipping. Now have enough seismic sensors to cover my entire A.O.
Old October 14, 2018, 20:35   #21
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Turns out the guy purchased the AN/PSR-1A from lives locally and offered to deliver to me. His real intent was to pip some other items he has. He has a complete looks like new WW II mine sweeper with all accessories, cables and wood crate that looks like was built, sat on a shelf in temperature controlled storage and never taken out of box till he bought it from same estate sale scored my new PSR-1A.

In addition to three working AN/PSR-1A's with sensors found a source for NOS sensors and purchased an additional dozen as can install multiple sensors per channel plus if one cracks or malfunctions would like to have replacement parts. In addition have three sets of four TRC-3A's that function perfectly each set in a different frequency. Used an inexpensive Bearcat scanner, programmed to proper frequencies and based on which channel locks and number of beeps can tell exactly which sensor was tripped. Have discovered the TRC-3A's can be placed across street on lake shore, out in church yard, along lake shore behind house far enough away cannot even see them and put out enough power to talk to the scanner.

The AN/PSR-1A's can be placed anywhere in the house want (have one in bedroom, other two will be in shack when get the new one installed) and will work as far away as willing to pull old style military field phone wires. Have figured out to attenuate the sensors in front yard so traffic in road doesn't set them off but if someone walks near them they alert with certainty. When place too close to lake then boats set them off but know know when bank fishers are walking the Corp Line. For now all the 3A's are in their storage bags as don't need to be outside 24/7/365 but have a location for each and several weatherproof boxes mounted and disguised to put transmitter in for more protection.

By running two sensors per channel on the 1A's and putting out the 3A's that's 36 seismic sensors can grid off my A.O. very well. My Navy guy thinks he is close to getting the bugs out of the second more powerful marine radar we are hacking into a ground radar. The smaller unit works to across the lake and will detect a man walking upright as slow as one meter per minute. He thinks this new unit with almost triple the power will be able to pick out slow crawlers if we setup the software correctly. Will be able to use the old one in front of house where terrain is more open and the new unit in back yard giving only blind spots right next to house ends which will be covered by seismic sensors and motion sensing cameras.

I could probably do it all much easier with a Ring WiFi alarm system but if net goes down its toast. Keep batteries in the military stuff and will run the radar off battery stacks in float charge and even if Internet and power goes down the perimeter security doesn't blink. Even managed to add gas discharge surge suppressors to the 1A's input lines to keep impulses such as lighting or EMP out of the controllers. I like solid milspec equipment for mission critical applications. In addition to the WW II mine sweeper he has a cess to some units used to sniff out IED's in Iraq and may be adding one to the pile. Never can tell when I might loose my map of where the devices were placed. Oops...
Old October 15, 2018, 14:52   #22
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I finally purchased a first Gulf war vintage ground radar for detecting humans, animals and vehicles approaching smaller F.O.B.'s at an affordable price. Was actually a Cold War Era model that had been pulled from storage and rattle can painted FDE to cover the O.D. Green color was made in 1976 and can tell it was likely stored except for training till used for protecting assets in Kuwait. While looking up specifications, operator and service manuals tripped across this article.

Quote:
WASHINGTON At least 50 U.S. law enforcement agencies have secretly equipped their officers with radar devices that allow them to effectively peer through the walls of houses to see whether anyone is inside, a practice raising new concerns about the extent of government surveillance.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...alls/22007615/

This is a 2015 article and not had time to research it as chasing information on my new dedicated military specification ground surveillance radar instead of depending on my hacked marine radar units. Guy says may can get more so told him would buy at least two more at price we settled on. If able to put my hacks and one milspec in Faraday boxes and have a pair handy for immediate deployment if don't keep them out will have that cat skinned.