Not mine. Looks cool. Sounds like it needs work:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/768662156
SteelGreyML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 23:06   #2
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
The thing I really like is the C More Railway but have to take away points for using the plastic body optic rather than aluminum chassies. Looks like carry handle partially obscures it's field of view. The optic blocks use of sights so if takes a dump in middle of gun fight has to be removed to use sights. The thumb wheel looks easy enough to remove if not overtigthened or has locktite but it's a time eater if being shot at. Extendable SB Tactical brace is likely best implimented feature and a piece I don't own but would like a couple. Have to do less expensive work arounds to keep my build count up but spend cash when have to such as pile of Superlative Arms piston drive kits, nice barrels and some high dollar buffers in my quest for the best "life or death" AR pistol can carry loaded legally in vehicle in maximum number of states.

The brace does add wide range of adjustability for length of pull but is longer when fully closed than both my Battle Arms Development buffers and my DFA-MCS thus it's not as concealable when need to be low profile. At $3,000 for a 9mm pistol that's a non NFA item that doesn't function properly totally baffles me, don't care about the DOE pedigree as been to places like Rocky Flats where their team back 15 to 18 years ago had some very cool stuff. It's not threaded, no flash hider no suppressor option and basically looks like a junk box build using random parts and worse of all its in an actual pistol cartridge. Want my AR pistols to have some @$$ in their pants.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 01:43   #3
fal762
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 66358
Actually it probably co-witnesses pretty well. I've got a couple of those forward mounts (back in the 90s they were nicknamed Swan Sleeves around my part of the country b/c they were manufactured by a guy named Swan, among others). Still have one mounted on my AR45. Actually works pretty well, though an ounce or couple of added weight.
fal762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 06:34   #4
biyf
Registered

FALaholic #: 41593
Yeah those rails co-witness just fine. Spent some time with a Colt SMG with an EoTech model 1 and one of those mounts and works like a champ. Still have a couple of the mounts in my junk box.
biyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 16:22   #5
SteelGreyML
Registered

FALaholic #: 68116
This is a quick read:
https://warisboring.com/the-doe-colt...-plant-guards/

Sounds like the original was a pretty neat 9 mm SMG.
SteelGreyML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 17:13   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

That link reminded me of something that driven me nuts for years. The Bradley M231 Firing Port Weapon I know was a dismal failure in combat compared to other weapons systems that could be bolted to the vehicle. They installed a gazillion of these ports in Bradley fighting vehicles and then pulled all of them out and discontinued the system. A Form 4 transferable M231 pushes six figures but I want a couple or four of the ports. Machining the adapter to fit on forearm of an AR 15 would not be terribly hard and seen a few M231 clones. What I want is to install at least two preferably four ports in exterior walls of my house at some of my bullet resistant windows that have ballistic fiberglass around them.

Would give ability to lock an AR into the articulating port and firing from house without exposing yourself at all. Would not even have to open shutters but aim using my video surveillance cameras. Shove a beta mag with every third or fifth round a tracer in a rifle with binary trigger and the port adapter and aim using tracers and discourage any zombies lurking about. Since the Army discontinued the ports in Bradleys have kept an eye out for a few and never seen one out in the wild.

They either threw away or surplused thousands of the ports. When parts like that are taken off the service guys don't roll into scrap barrel they sell them at pawn shops, online and to private armor collectors who are the ones that run the few M231's that come to market prices to the moon. I swear if can put my hands on some first place they go is to machine shop to make an adapter for some basic binary AR builds with burly barrels then bolted to side of the house in manner not too obvious. Someone goes to kicking on door just twist till locks and put a mag dump on them. Yes, I am loopy. When saw first one on a Bradley while in ROTC was first thing I thought, that would be slick if not mounted next to front door right in middle of it under the peep hole.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 17, 2018, 00:00   #7
sniperdoc
Registered

FALaholic #: 80483
It didn't sell, so the owner relisted it at the same price.

I like the look of the DOE Guns, but the asking price is more than I'm willing to spend. No clue what the upper is worth, but since the gun didn't sell, apparently not nearly that much
sniperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 18:46   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I would clone it for under $1,000 myself and add whatever engraving felt like.