Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old April 04, 2019, 17:37   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
SIG Echo 1 & 1B

Anyone actually own one of these and used it much? A compact thermal sight for under a grand is almost too good to be true. Have two rifles considering to become hosts for such a sight but want some real life input. I have a lot of good thermal and starlight night vision but most is large, heavy and clunky. Looks like it would be easy to run these Echo 1 series in tandem with low power glass or red dot for day use and have the Echo for darkness.

Imagine they find heat differences in daylight as well but if able to have something like a Vortex 1-8x in a Burris PEPR and an Echo on top or mounted using a 45* mount slightly off center of your glass just tilt the rifle and run it if dark. While inexpensive relatively, their cost puts me half way to optics I know get the job done in the dark so don't want to have buyers remorse wishing had used the Echo money to get me into an ATN THOR thermal at $1,500 for entry level decent thermal imaging sight.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 19:46   #2
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Another thread started here, with the same answers you'll probably get.

"Let us know how it works out and if it is worth it.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...ight=sig+echo1

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 08:16   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Guy walked into LGS yesterday with three AN/PVS-14's in good to excellent condition. Was wanting to sell and his price was too cheap. Pair of Gen 2 Bravo IIT's and a like new Alpha IIT. Had the hair cut and t-shirt and turns out he was active duty with MOS in supply. Had he sent his BIL in with shaggy hair saying needed to raise some cash and selling his families night vision we may have split the lot among us. But when inventory comes up short and asked where they went by M.P.'s don't want them in LGS or knocking on doors even if did transactions in parking lot. Either he was making good side money or it was a setup of some sort but 1/2 price PVS-14's in bulk smelled fishy. I really wanted a set.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2019, 16:02   #4
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Guy walked into LGS yesterday with three AN/PVS-14's in good to excellent condition. Was wanting to sell and his price was too cheap. Pair of Gen 2 Bravo IIT's and a like new Alpha IIT. Had the hair cut and t-shirt and turns out he was active duty with MOS in supply. Had he sent his BIL in with shaggy hair saying needed to raise some cash and selling his families night vision we may have split the lot among us. But when inventory comes up short and asked where they went by M.P.'s don't want them in LGS or knocking on doors even if did transactions in parking lot. Either he was making good side money or it was a setup of some sort but 1/2 price PVS-14's in bulk smelled fishy. I really wanted a set.
Run away, don't walk