The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old August 20, 2018, 14:05   #951
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
As to propulsion, we have reliable ram jet aircraft dropped from wings of larger craft that are blindingly fast. Have published testing for scram jets hitting mach 9.6 so we are likely we'll past mach 10. For decades we have used ion generators to push satellites around and drive deep space probes at low speeds. The new X3 ion engine has been tested multiple times as they work toward a manned mission to Mars and is capable of 1,491.3 mph using only 260 amps of electricity and standard xenon gas as used by most current space probes. They are working on a magnetic shielding for the new ion engine that should allow it to have a hundred thousand hour service life.

If kids at Michigan State have this engine working imagine what the guys working for DARPA, Lockheed Skunk works and others already have in service? I believe these cutting edge university research studies are nothing but disinformation programs that in the process weed out the really smart and trustworthy students that will get a job in which thier families believe they just design parts for planes and nothing really special. If our space fleet isn't taking off from runways at Area 51 or other top secret areas their launch vehicles are then dropping them from their wings and use a ram jet or scram jet till leave orbit and there the Ion engine picks up and can give them easily months on station doing anything from satellite repair, surveillance and patrols to be on station in event of an ICBM launch.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 16:57   #952
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
I thought about putting a question here but I don't want a black van showing up. No I don't deal with Sn or Al hats.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 17:23   #953
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
I thought about putting a question here but I don't want a black van showing up. No I don't deal with Sn or Al hats.
Hell, go ahead, trust me, just by hanging out here with the rest of us, you're already on so many "lists" it ain't funny.
These loonies in the black vans and SUV's are so paranoid, in normal society, they'd be locked up and medicated.
Free speech to these people, is simply, answer our questions or be bagged and shipped out to wherever they can hide people this week without congressional oversight.
Screw the spooks!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 17:25   #954
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
On second thought, what's the worst that could happen, be locked up in a cell with John Brennen????

Now that is one creepy sob.

Old August 20, 2018, 22:31   #955
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 23:04   #956
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Its not just the grid I'm concerned about, far simpler than that.

Everything we have in this country moves by truck at some point, this country is VAST in size, impossible to guard our roads.

Shut down the trucking industry, even just slow down the movement of all goods, people will begin to die in short order, but the resulting panic is what does the real damage.

90 men, 90 targets, drivers, in 90 different locations, at the exact same minute of a chosen day, the trucking industry of this whole country shuts down before midnight hits.

Figure five to 7 days, to organize armed convoys, store shelves will be empty, people will be hungry, power plants out of whatever they need to run, electrical grid shutdowns, computers not fixed when broken, fuel shortages, or simply no fuel, people are not eating, water plants fail, no chemicals, no electricity, people can't get to work, where they work can't move their products, commerce comes to a stand still.

Once panic sets in, all of the old hatreds boil over, people begin shooting at one another, hospitals become war zones, police can't handle issues on a good day, with a small problem, with everyplace in the toilet, they go home to protect their own families, things then escalate out of all control.

Why 90 drivers in 90 different locations, psychological warfare.
We get one terror attack, all resources are rushed into that one area, with 90 connected attacks, which will shut down the whole transportation system, as in, mama won't let her husband go drive them trucks, if he's going to get shot, the system stops working.

I'd expect the military to be called in, but hell, there are not enough trained truck drivers, and even if impressed into duty, would take a week or 10 days to ramp up the system, and by then, all hell has already broke out everywhere in this country.

300,000,000 plus Americans, 5,000,000 GI's, another 300,000 police, no one can control 300,000,000 hungry, scared, thirsty, panicked people, no one!

Three days of food in peoples home, on average, maybe one day of water, just in time stocking of stores, as in, no truck tonight at Safeway, no food tomorrow, panic takes over, store runs, police can't cope, banks shutdown, people stop going to work, just pure panic of the masses takes over and it all comes troubling down.

Wait 24 hours, use those 90 men to shoot up everything not protected in the power grid, which is a ton of stuff.

Just ask yourself, if say 90 men, targeted 90 different locations, things, places, peoples, connected to transportation, electrical grid, movement of peoples, what would happen?????

Add in, how people react to stress, how they panic, hell, hit the communication systems, watch what happens when the "news" is only being put out by the feds, the nutters would use that action to become even more major nutters and we have more than our fair share of them folks.

Martial law would have to be declared, and that right there would increase the panic in the streets, set off tons of, don't thread on me folks, which would call for an even stronger response, which would piss off even more people on the fringes.

Our country, this mostly peaceful, working high status national community, fully functional today, can be all gone within 24 hours.

We are now and have always been only 9 meals away from anarchy.

As an old survivalist, I asked myself one day, how would I shut down this country?

The answer was, 90 men, in 90 different locations.
Pretty simple actually.
With an interdependent country such as we have today.
Knock out one leg, whole thing falls apart from its own weight.
Nearly overnight and not a damn thing can be done once it slips into chaos.

That scenario has happened where I live before. It's called a hurricane. And we're still here.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2018, 02:28   #957
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
That scenario has happened where I live before. It's called a hurricane. And we're still here.
And it took aid and help from the whole of the remaining intact country, while this other crap would effect the whole of the country vs one tiny little area.

Old August 21, 2018, 21:20   #958
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
All the utilities on a pole are all supposed to be bonded and grounded at each pole.

Each utility is supposed to be grounded and bonded to your ground rod at your service entrance or in older homes and communities metal water pipes.

Trailers and mobile homes are supposed to additionally have the frame bonded to ground.

What really gets interesting is all the damn thieves that like to steal the copper ground wires that go down each pole and coiled at the bottom to increase surface area, which then only leaves down guys at certain places serving as the ground mainly where the line changes direction or needs additional anchoring where it crosses a road or something, which in fairness does have a separate path to ground on each one and will handle a lot more current than ground wires will.

Yeah, after spending most of my adult life as a broadband lineman has taught me a thing or two.
They came and inspected power pole at my house for rot, ground rod corrosion, ground rod bonding all the way from transformers to ground plus excavated three feet below ground level, coated pole with a rot preventative and then wrapped it with a rubber type membrane before filling hole back up, packing soil and driving an inspection tag. Looked at all the tags, looks like Georgia Power inspects their poles every five years. Looked at the two at work, main pole with transformers and pole between it an building were inspected four years ago.

Do a lot of work at a mountaintop antenna site. Has eight foot chain link fence with razor wire and gate has two grade 80 transfer chains each with a five pin security padlock. That said they laid a copper ground mat that was tired to ground rods all around the perimeter and three or four rods at every tower plus rods at each corner of every building then poured six inches of gravel on top.

Group of men with several four wheelers and trucks went up the rough road, cut chains then attached the four wheelers all along one edge of the ground mat with chains or cables and started yanking. Ended up getting mat to moving and pulled a 100'×150' copper weave mat up, severeal ground rods came up with it then they started trying to pull each rod left out. Got most but some at tower base had a 4" slab of concrete apron poured from tower footing so could not pull those. From each rod to tower base was about 24" of #2 grounding copper. They snipped each one and put all the police, sheriff, fire, ham radio repeaters, hospital comms and cell towers floating ungrounded. Had over 1,000 pounds of copper already and risked the entire system to get about five more pounds clipping those last few small pieces that at least gave the equipment some protection.

Tower company sent a crew back who scraped all the gravel down to soil, put down a new copper ground mat so had good ground plane for towers to get good coverage, replaced all missing rods and jumpers, poured a foot of gravel on top and inside of 90 days could tell they had done it again as my vhf, uhf and public service radio all lost a solid 20 miles of range due to loss of ground plane. Asked repeater owners if we could put a few cameras on the towers with a radio broadcasting SSTV back to us hams who would monitor and record so could get video of the perps. Offered as free service but they said if we wanted another radio on the site would have to pay for the tower and rack space.

Guy crawled down in manhole to steal copper, cut and removed over 500 feet of fiber which he found out had zero value at scrap yard but they all had been alrted to be on lookout for someone trying to sell Ma Bell fiber. Workers kept him distracted saying would get him weighed and a ticket soon as finished what they were working on while owner called cops. He did two weeks in jail and some probation but cost Ma Bell six figures and took half a counties internet down for almost two days.

In southern Cali telecom workers strike had gone on for some time and we're tired of strike pay so one decided to speed the process up. Went into three manhole covers and snipped fiber bundles which took down the land lines, cell phones, internet and all public service digital trunking systems and 911. Hospitals, cops on patrol, fire department, everyone lost comms. Even shut down all the gas pumps and cash registers for retail stores as most link back to home office servers and without internet gas pumps and cash registers lock up, credit cards don't work, etc. The few mom and pops along with people who had cash (banks and ATM's were down) were only people that could trade goods for almost three days.

I know one place where I can take my entire city down and keep it down for several days. If also attack the fiber bundle going to Athens, Cumming and Atlanta (be fairly easy, take a few hours and nobody would really notice more than a man working on side of road) it may take a week to get partial comms back to our entire county and big chunks of surrounding counties.

Have hundreds of stories where contractor took a town down accidentally or scrap metal theif. Give me a dozen men each with a half dozen four to five foot pieces of chain could pick the dozen biggest substations surrounding Atlanta or most major cities and throw the chains over fences into the wires that are not supposed to touch each other to create dead shorts and as each station pops it's fuses will unbalance the load causing substations upstream and down to pop as well. The result would be that majority if not all of Atlanta would loose power for days while they got the parts shipped in to repair all the blown substations.

Back during Reagans term Ma Bell uploaded a firmware push into the long distance system where one line had one character of code mistyped. Took down entire U.S. long distance phone system for 8.5 minutes. White House, Pentagon, Norad, nobody could make a long distance call. We have 51 long distance switches in the U.S. Would guess a group of three dedicated men for each, 154 people could easily over run each switch killing workers, leave a device then run and result would be no long distance phones for months. Add in some attacks on larger area codes in major cities and U.S. cell and landlines comms go down. Have played out dozens of easy scenarios.

After Katrina Corp of Engineers raised all the levies around New Orleans taller so will hold more water. One area that wasn't under water was Bourbon St. Wait for a significant rain event then a few groups of three men go hijack some barges whose men are on shore leave with just one man watching the wheel house. Kill or toss him off, run four to six barges into key levies or locks around the city and it once water begins moving it will cut the levies in half which will fill the city up like a bathtub in hours with no warning or escape. Believe the water level can go high enough now to flood Burbon St and more of the city than after Katrina with the increased capacity.

Whether one motivated person, 20 or God forbid 200 with a real plan and the entire country is whacked. I know lots of truck drivers that would grab their guns and keep tucking if the price per mile was right even if 100 were shot at random.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old August 21, 2018, 22:05   #959
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post

A small snip.

Whether one motivated person, 20 or God forbid 200 with a real plan and the entire country is whacked. I know lots of truck drivers that would grab their guns and keep trucking if the price per mile was right even if 100 were shot at random.

Yepper

It would not matter if some truckers, say even 50% would keep hauling freight, if the country experienced a 50% reduction, at least half the country does not eat, get their meds, water stopped flowing out the taps, and on and on.

I don;t know what the % would have to be for the whole system to fall apart on its self countrywide, but a 50% reduction in trucking should be more than enough.

This daily re stocking of stores, no local warehouses, daily shipments into power plants to keep the lights on, water flowing, with most power plants having only a three day supply of fuel on site,,,,,,,,

IF I was to write all this up as a novel, about how the USA has set itself up for complete failure, no one would buy the book, no one would believe we're that stupid.

This country needs, one dozen nuclear power plants, all off line, can't hack what ain't connected, all ready to be loaded, pressed into service once the whole grid goes dark.
Place plants that can produce whatever we need to get the grid back up alongside these nuke power plants, then move an Army base local to protect them while they jump start the nation.

Without electrical power, we're back to 1860 and it took 100 years to get this nation up to 1960 standards.
And we were not facing starvation, and the total destruction of our cities and manufacturing capacity.

And 1960 standards were not all that hot either!

Old August 22, 2018, 00:49   #960
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
A hurricane is not what he described - in any way, shape, or form.

Unknown people hunting and murdering random members of the food fulfillment system is not a storm. And the reactions to said event aren't even *close* to the same.

HTH
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 00:52   #961
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Shut up.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 02:54   #962
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I give thanks to G-D everyday, that no group of nutters have gone through with any plan to shut this nation down, yet.
Since its so darn easy to do, must be divine intervention stopping it.
Nothing else can explain it.

The larger and more complex any organization is, the simpler to knock it on its ass, because without all the parts working near perfectly, the weight of the system can't be stopped from falling apart when any one piece stops working properly.

Food and water distribution, requires several systems to work perfectly to work as it does.
Take any of those interconnected/codependent system out of operation, our whole system falls apart.

Its like the flu pandemic of 1918.
Whole small towns here in the USA died, but similar towns 25 miles away, no one even got sick.
Infected people were either too ill to travel, or did not have the means to travel the 25 miles to another town while infectious before they died.
Fast forward to today, trucks travel to even the smallest town, all of them, several times a day and the drivers interact with locals.
Gas, food, spare parts delivery, meds, etc.

EMP might get us all one day, but infections/pandemics, bad bugs, natural or man made, would find this system we all live in a perfect environment.

No wonder the government has spent enormous amounts of money and time to protect themselves.
They know how damn vulnerable our whole system is for total collapse damn near overnight.

Why has the government done nothing to mitigate the dangers facing all of us, because they know they can't!

They speak about EMP dangers,,,,,,,,, but,,,,, do nothing.

This is why I believe.

Old August 22, 2018, 03:43   #963
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Rather than nuke plants would do natural gas fired right at the well head. Much lower tech, easier to spool up and get runnimg. Would say an gas fired emergency power plant could be up and running in hours but a nuke plant would take days or weeks to get fuel rods in reactor and fired up. But the grid is the real weak poimt, I would attack the grid,not the plants but as load unbalance as sub stations pop it's also going to run back to many plants and smoke the generator turbines if operators can't shit them down quick enough. 100 Muslims or skinheads with five foot pieces of chain could wreck most of the system if they hit right substations and the cascading failures ran up and down stream fast enough.

As to trucking, dot mil and commercial air could move a lot of drugs and food. Just stop shipping televisions, I Phones and any non life essential products then just truck them short run to and from airports. Have actually seen plans similar to these. Takes three days to set in motion and two weeks to have working so reason wife and I keep two to four years of everything plus enough ammo to build a 30 foot wall of dead bodies outside the fence line. A lot of the morons dying would make the country better as we need a good gene pool clensing.
Old September 04, 2018, 15:49   #964
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

My favorite truck broke down on me Saturday. Had the wrecker take it to work and wife come get me and the guns after cleaned out all tools. Had no 5 volt control voltage at throttle position sensor, cam sensor or any device that uses five volt control to talk to the ECM aka computer. My high dollar scanner that does engine codes, transmission, brakes and chassis codes just said "could not connect to computer" then if tried to come in the back door said "no trouble codes available".

Tested every fuse and relay under the dash and in the engine bay. Still no joy. Fuel pump spooled up, had full fuel pressure to rail, starter would spin, battery had full charge so dangit the ECM can really be only thing but did get my scope meter and spent the time to test the ECM while watching voltage and the oscilloscope which said it was not sending 5 volts from its on board voltage rectifier. It has a 5 volt and 8 volt rectifier and the 8 volt was working. Bread-boarded up a 13 volt to five volt rectifier and hoocked to battery, clipped it to the 5 volt output on ECM and truck cranked but had a slightly rough idle. Am putting that rectifier in the dash with my spare fuses.

Can dig the potting compound out and replace the 5 volt rectifier but its a 25 year old ECM so went to my favorite local parts store who said their vendor had none, could send then mine and would rebuild it for $250 but showed me Rock Auto had them for $199 and Ebay for $229. Called dealer and said if could find it would be over $500 easy.

Called my bottom tier vendor O'Reilly where I have an account who told me $183.99 out the door with a none year warranty and no core charge. Said it would be here in three days, meanwhile am already digging into potting silicon around the 5 volt rectifier which have read and sen on Utube where that part has a tendency for one of the four legs to pop off board on really hot days due to cold solder joints and it bad can be sourced from Mouser or Fry's for under $10 bucks. If able to fix the ECM will wrap it and put in Faraday box then install the rebuilt unit. If cant fix it going to buy another rebuild to put in Faraday box.

This was how many fuses found in the console of one little 1993 Dodge Dakota. Reckon I carry enough fuses and relays?

The under hood electrical box after changed every fuse and relay that could have had any impact on the system even though tested all the old ones.

The real moral of this story is if drive a 20 year old OBD vehicle a lot of functions that should be fused or pull and plug new in like the 5 volt and 8 volt rectifiers in the computer can be bypassed and truck made to run in a pinch. Had I known this on the side of the road and had either a code scanner (my older good one lives at house purchased new when it would not take the 2017 updates) or a scope meter in the truck could have pinched the end off my phone charging cord as is 5 volts DC and hooked to the TPS, cam sensor or anywhere the computer needed 5 volt control power and limped the truck home instead of paying a wrecker.

Going to shop under $100 code scanners soon, never been interested in a cheap one before as like to be able to pull all the codes including transmissions, anti-lock aka anti-stop brakes and chassis codes as just an engine code is no good if the trucks with an automatic start shifting odd or have a brake issue beyond rotors and pads. Also going to check fleabay for a $100 scope meter. Without an oscilloscope to go with multimeter functions its hard to diagnose complex electrical issues for sure.
Old September 04, 2018, 17:15   #965
frankxtc
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 10952
^^^^
I don’t like the newer vehicles that the rest of the family buys, they are too complicated and fragile. (I'm the family mechanic)

However, Geezer Boy here still drives a 1985 Mercedes Diesel car.
- Mechanical fuel pump
- Mechanical fuel injection pump & injectors
- Can be push-started and will run w/o ANY electricity until the fuel tank is empty
- Compression ignition, no spark plugs
- Will (has) run on vegetable oil, if needed
- About as simple a car as can be
- And I can fix it with basic tools.
I do not go in for collecting guns.
I never buy a gun unless I really need it.
As a matter of fact, I really only need about a dozen, or possibly fourteen, more guns than I have now.
frankxtc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2018, 10:01   #966
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

We keep a pair of single cylinder magneto drive two stroke motorcycles put back. They weigh 195 pounds without rider or cargo but with an average male, 35 pounds of gear will average 75+ miles per gallon if don't run them harder than 45 to 50 mph. No battery, just kick or roll start and runs off the mix fuel most can't use in vehicles. If can occasionally find the slugs left in a jug of chainsaw or weed eater fuel can keep rolling. They would get us 250 miles from the Ponderosa with full 3.5 gallon tank.

Would probably carry 35 pounds of just ammo for my rifle thus a 2.5 gallon jug of extra fuel and keeping a sharp eye out for abandoned landscape trailers and lawn equipment could likely go a long ways just draining weed eaters and such. If had to take the long route to the family farm to avoid major populated areas would still have over half a tank of fuel left when got to the Big Country. Also have a work around for the low tech ECM on our 2001 Dodge Cummins diesel, just pull enough batteries from the house to run the fuel pumps (like a tr I ck with two pumps but will run on just one of them) till it runs out of fuel or road is blocked and then pull the two stroke bikes out if need.

Then there is the 28,000 pound GVWR GMC Top Kick with a Caterpillar 3116 with mechanical fuel pump. Once running if alternator dies and batteries drain will keep running till shut it down but hope it doesn't get dark unless driving with night vision. Thats how we would roll if had to leave the Ponderosa. By most efficient means for circumstances under cover of a dark night using night vision equipment.

Am still looking for an older German diesel luxury car with a factory armor package. Want garage kept so polycarbonate layers in bullet resistant glass to be good but miles and finish doesn't matter. Only plan to use it for trips into the city or emergency needs.
Old September 10, 2018, 22:17   #967
C2A1
Registered

These guys are hardening the units. Interesting.
https://www.sol-ark.com/8k-product-page/
Old September 10, 2018, 23:16   #968
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
These guys are hardening the units. Interesting.
https://www.sol-ark.com/8k-product-page/
Almost like they expect something happening soon?????

Old September 10, 2018, 23:33   #969
C2A1
Registered

Good info:
https://thebulletin.org/2018/09/davi...erfect-weapon/
Old September 14, 2018, 07:34   #970
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
August 1, 2018

Quote:
The sun's pockmarked surface is always shifting. Sunspots and solar flares rise and fall every 11 years, a cycle associated with regular reversal of the star's magnetic field. Huge quantities of plasma—known as coronal mass ejections—fly into space, which can disrupt satellites and other electronic signals if they reach Earth. More solar activity during the cycle also amplifies auroras and warms Earth's temperatures slightly. Yet careful study has shown that longer periodicities exist, too. The Gleissberg cycle, first identified in 1862, strengthens and weakens the 11-year cycle over the course of a century (shown in yellow). One paper posits that the Gleissberg pattern is caused by a slow swaying of the sun's magnetic pole. The Suess-DeVries cycle (green) lasts about 200 years, whereas the Hallstatt cycle (blue) runs on the order of 2,400 years. Still, the sun can also be erratic, making it tricky for physicists to predict future sunspots, says Alexei Pevtsov, an astronomer at the National Solar Observatory in Boulder, Colo.: “There's an element of randomness.”
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ously-thought/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2018, 11:52   #971
C2A1
Registered

As we fight an internal battle, the others wait. Just food for thought.
http://thehill.com/opinion/national-...-war-and-peace
Old September 16, 2018, 13:40   #972
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
As we fight an internal battle, the others wait. Just food for thought.
http://thehill.com/opinion/national-...-war-and-peace
We went down this road before, that Russia/USSR is going to kill us, and after they fell apart, we all learned they were a paper tiger that was unable to get their vaulted war machine out of the motor pool.

Russia is maybe 1/5th of what they were as the USSR, and these people are still clinging too, Tha Russians are coming!

IF Russia or the old USSR, or even China today, could take down the USA, they would do it.

They ain't done it, because they can't do it.

Tha Russians and Chinese ain't coming.

Just more war mongering to jack up defense spending.

Old September 16, 2018, 19:02   #973
C2A1
Registered

Yes and No. They did learn a few things. As did a few others. It is more complicated than bombers and hardware. This will be fought with electrons and "nanomaterial" (my shorthand) leverage. It will be fought with things coming across our border. It is currency. Maybe a beer at Wild dogs.
Old September 16, 2018, 19:13   #974
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yes and No. They did learn a few things. As did a few others. It is more complicated than bombers and hardware. This will be fought with electrons and "nanomaterial" (my shorthand) leverage. It will be fought with things coming across our border. It is currency. Maybe a beer at Wild dogs.
Agree, it could happen.
Still, my big concern, is bad made man bugs.
Develop one, come up with a vaccine for your own people, allies, then turn that sucker loose and let hell rain upon earth.
Once it runs its course, bury your enemies, take over, all without a shot being fired in anger with the infrastructure fully intact.

Old September 16, 2018, 20:45   #975
Story
Registered

Quote:
Agree, it could happen.
Still, my big concern, is bad made man bugs.
Develop one, come up with a vaccine for your own people, allies, then turn that sucker loose and let hell rain upon earth.
Once it runs its course, bury your enemies, take over, all without a shot being fired in anger with the infrastructure fully intact.
28AUG2018
Quote:
US health experts are alarmed and outraged that the Chinese government appears to be withholding samples of the deadly, rapidly evolving bird flu virus, H7N9, from US research labs, according to a report by The New York Times.

The samples are critical for studying the virus and developing life-saving treatments and vaccines in preparation for potential outbreaks or pandemics. Usually, countries share viral samples “in a timely manner” without any fanfare under an agreement established by the World Health Organization to address such potential flu threats. That usually means a matter of months.
But according to the Times, China has failed to share the samples for more than a year, despite persistent requests from government officials and researchers, including those at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Moreover, scientists and experts worry that, as the US and China continue to butt heads on trade agreements, the issue of sharing biological samples and other medical-related materials could worsen.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...ie-needlessly/
Old September 16, 2018, 20:52   #976
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
That's how I'd do it, find a natural one, develop a vaccine, not tell anyone or give them a chance to do a vaccine, then let the shit loose to run rampant.

Once its out and about doing its thing, throw your hands up in the air, say, it was not me.

Might even survive the effort.

Old September 16, 2018, 21:06   #977
C2A1
Registered

"nanomaterials"
https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Chimeravirus plus in a duplex format.
Some discussion of RNA prion carriers for enhanced effects.
EMP to hinder lab response about 1/3 of the way into the process.
The "vaccine" is implanted. (I know this sounds nutz but this is being talked about.)
Beer and Chili dog, please (actually at Wild Dogs I really like his brisket sandwich too!)
Old September 16, 2018, 23:08   #978
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
"nanomaterials"
https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Chimeravirus plus in a duplex format.
Some discussion of RNA prion carriers for enhanced effects.
EMP to hinder lab response about 1/3 of the way into the process.
The "vaccine" is implanted. (I know this sounds nutz but this is being talked about.)
Beer and Chili dog, please (actually at Wild Dogs I really like his brisket sandwich too!)

If it holds off till 2049, well hell, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, won't care!

Old September 16, 2018, 23:25   #979
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
We went down this road before, that Russia/USSR is going to kill us, and after they fell apart, we all learned they were a paper tiger that was unable to get their vaulted war machine out of the motor pool.

Russia is maybe 1/5th of what they were as the USSR, and these people are still clinging too, Tha Russians are coming!

IF Russia or the old USSR, or even China today, could take down the USA, they would do it.

They ain't done it, because they can't do it.

Tha Russians and Chinese ain't coming.

Just more war mongering to jack up defense spending.
With all due respect Paul, you are looking at this from the wrong perspective, IMHO.
Asia(Russia) is the prize, always has been, and Russia happens to own much of Asia. Russia has not really been expansionary since the U.S. was expanding across North America. China owns a big chunk, but there are too many Chinamen already, so......

The truth does not require your belief.

Last edited by Exit308; September 16, 2018 at 23:34.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2018, 23:42   #980
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
With all due respect Paul, you are looking at this from the wrong perspective, IMHO.
Asia is the prize, always has been, and Russia happens to own much of Asia. Russia has not really been expansionary since the U.S. was expanding across North America. China owns a big chunk, but there are too many Chinamen already, so......
You could in fact be right, I've been wrong before, try to admit when I am, offer regards and amends, then do better next time.

As I get older, I look back on that damned near 12 yrs I spent in that so called "cold war", over in Europe, all the wasted money and lives, and what we learned, or the little we learned after the Iron curtain came down, and now, I'm not believing much of anything these people say about what some other nation will or won't do, what they plan or desire to do.

Just from a logistical stand point, China can't move those millions upon millions of men under arms very far or very fast.
If they do move them, going to have a hell of a time feeding them, can't live off the "land", farmers burn their fields when forced to run off from them.

Can they harm us, do great harm, sure, nukes, bad bugs,etc.

Can they take over smaller countries nearby, sure, but damn, one day we need to just sit back once in a while and take care of our own for a change.

Countries come and countries go, countries just get taken over by other countries, always have and always will be this way.

If Taiwan, Japan, South Korea etc, fear getting taken over by China, gun up, nuke up, and stop them.

We spent countless lives and treasure in RVN.
We left, the communist took over.
Now we buy shoes from them, Americans take vacations there.

Why not just skip all the war shit, and simply buy shoes from them now???????

Whoever them happens to be on a given day.

Old September 17, 2018, 17:05   #981
C2A1
Registered

The electron part of this.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/09/12...y-war-defense/
Old September 17, 2018, 18:41   #982
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yet with all this capability, no one has hit us hard for some reason, why is that?

The article says numerous countries are capable, that we're wide open, but still, we've not been hit.

I don't know all that much, but I do know for a fact, this country can and does keep secret anything it wants kept secret, forever, if need be or warranted.

This writer makes a strong case, we're wide open to attack, one that could drop the USA to its knees.
We have many enemy/hostile countries that would not hesitate to drop our collective dicks into the dirt.

But here we all are, still upright.

Blind dumb luck?

Or do we have capabilities that have remained secret from the general population????

If I had to pick one, I'd go with the secret squirrel shit.

In that our enemies can't attack us, because of our defenses and also the retaliation that would rain hell down upon their pointy little heads.

Remember that line from Independence Day;;;

Did you really believe they spent 300.00 on a hammer, 900.00 on a toilet seat?
When asked, where all the funding came for from that program.

This country can and does keep major secrets, all the way to and beyond the grave.

Old September 17, 2018, 19:29   #983
C2A1
Registered

And who says we haven't. Those same folks have to CYA too. To our plus this country for some reason produces some very very clever people although they are trying very hard to get rid of them.
Old September 17, 2018, 20:28   #984
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
And who says we haven't. Those same folks have to CYA too. To our plus this country for some reason produces some very very clever people although they are trying very hard to get rid of them.
Yep to both good points.

Our military under obammy took a major hit, yet, we still are upright.

I learned in the military all those years, when your adversary has the advantage, they always strike.

They, our many enemies, have not struck, so we still have the advantage in our favor????

There is some part, parts of this equation none of us are aware of.

Changing subjects;

What in the hell to make of the FEDs doing that raid and shutdown of the solar observatory next door in New Mexico, to include the little US post office????

LEO's got no idea and were not consulted before the black hawks swooped in.

And no one arrested???????

Just everyone locked out, zero explanations to anyone.

As if the buildings themselves are the concern???

Old September 18, 2018, 08:28   #985
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Changing subjects;

What in the hell to make of the FEDs doing that raid and shutdown of the solar observatory next door in New Mexico, to include the little US post office????

LEO's got no idea and were not consulted before the black hawks swooped in.

And no one arrested???????

Just everyone locked out, zero explanations to anyone.

As if the buildings themselves are the concern???
Link to news report????

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2018, 09:44   #986
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Link to news report????
This is one I could find

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nati...218527420.html

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2018, 12:23   #987
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Link to news report????
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/1302594002/

Bing search brings up a million plus hits.

Tin hat folks going nuts on this.

It is curious, shutting the place down, the post office, and no one gets cuffed up.

Place overlooks Whitesands, 25 to 30 miles away, guess someone could be spying from the location?????

Someone is claiming it spotted a space ship refueling around the sun, another, that doomsday is coming in way of a huge earth killer solar storm.

Old September 18, 2018, 12:30   #988
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Another take on NM sun spot place, criminal activity going on in area, closed it for safety of staff.

It is in a very isolated area, maybe under federal control, not sure.
Who knows, and they ain't saying.

Old September 18, 2018, 20:40   #989
Story
Registered

Quote:
Link to news report????
YellowSnow is short-sheeting you. Just find my postings in this thread for the best information.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431897

Quote:
China owns a big chunk, but there are too many Chinamen already, so......
q: What do you call a fat Chinaman?

a: Chunk.

I'll be in town all week, folks. Try the chicken.
Old September 19, 2018, 00:42   #990
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
YellowSnow is short-sheeting you. Just find my postings in this thread for the best information.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431897

q: What do you call a fat Chinaman?

a: Chunk.

I'll be in town all week, folks. Try the chicken.
Damn, hit a nerve there little bookie boy, and had no idea your paranoid thread even existed!

Sensitive we are.

Old September 22, 2018, 09:20   #991
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Like the secret squirrel comment above. I don't believe we shut down the space shuttle program without having a better system in place otherwise all those shuttles would be under retrofit or at least protected storage rather than given to museums. If Virgin is close to selling tickets to space for people willing to drop the change dot gov, dot mil or someone has ability to put people in orbit and why I didn't laugh when the name U.S. Space Force was mentioned. NASA has been dropping RAM and SCRAM jets off the wings of aircraft for decades. If not able to do it with crew from runways or wings of aircraft without vertical lift I would be suprised.

My guess in NM an employee was running their mouth about things they noticed and till can be replaced with a crew that is sworn to secrecy under threat of lifetime in prison for three generations that facility will stay locked if not being manned by an Air Force or NASA crew as we speak very quietly if mission critical location. Between military, DARPA, CIA and others we have more secret squirrel stuff happening than can imagine.

Look at Menwith Hill in England and Pine Gap station in Australia that can listen to every phone call whether land line or cell, radio transmission, etc on the planet. It is illegal for U.S. to listen to my cell phone without a warrant but not for the Britt or Aussies to do so. Shared facilities give just enough legal separation if need to make an arrest and charges in public the information used wasn't obtained illegally but passed to us from the British or Aussies.... Every call, text, Google search and Web page visited is logged. Rack up enough points and you become a person of interest.

Why I try to hide little except from thieves and neer-do-wells. Am 100% sure dot gov has me 100% pegged and if was judged a threat would not be typing this post. To a degree believe les hidden if honorable person better off you are. That said stI'll use encryption on some emails and have burn phones with ability to modulate voice. Sure the man can crack it with enough clock cycles on a super computer but let them waste enough time to decrypt my secret family pie crust recipe or a photo of deer killed by niece the families big deer hunter and eventually they probably look at rest of my file and then put encrypted stuff in a folder for when have nothing important to do or when next generation of super computers come online.

We have a group that use very narrow beam 1.2, 2.4, 5 and 10 gHz transmitters for point to point data transmission that except for dot gov if not accidently in exact path and able to decrypt a mix of PGP layered on old fashioned one time scratch pad encryption won't know what us locals are saying to each other especially when SHTF. If notice a lot of WiFi 2.4 gHz and other routers ease into edge of amateur bands or little used bands and can be amplified into a narrow beam antenna then a small group can tweak antennas till messages are transmitted in a pipe so narrow unless directly behind antenna for lobe off the back or in its path won't get the transmission then decoding becomes another issue.

FCC rules say no coded transmissions allowed. If take the source code for your PGP public key and print it in hexadecimal format and pin to the bulletin board of a public place it's no longer private encryption by letter of law as publicly posted even if librarian round cans it in a week. Business band along with MURS, FMRS and GMRS frequencies muddy up those rules along with marine band. Put an antenna on a boat or dock and operate under different rules again then we have the "in case of declared emergency" whatever is necessary to complete transmission is allowed.

Why like having four local AM towers across the cove from the house. Two shut down at night and the other two are the reduced power night towers for local stations that run higher power locations during the day. Used to know a group of radio pirates that would go over and tap into the antennas when off line and use for 160 meter top band DX. Would also commandeer the two that went off air at night as well. Luckily they gave me the scoop and have key to gate and huts as Ma Bell has some equipment on the antenna farm. I know five guys bootlegging space on commercial towers for ham repeaters and their repeaters have sat in the huts for years unmolested. Odd how few question a new piece of equipment being placed on a tower.
Old Today, 10:27   #992
C2A1
Registered

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...-pulse-attack/
Old Today, 15:07   #993
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I'm starting to ask questions now a days when I read something like this, guess its a sign of getting a little older.

Why are these countries, and I'm sure we have them already, producing EMP type weapons???

We are totally dependent now upon electronics, thats a given.

However, would not the response to an EMP weapon, which must be detonated high over the USA, and with our tracking systems, we'd know who launched it before it even detonated, be the same MAD result with a full salvo of nukes on whichever country sent an EMP weapon our way????

Now Iran is nutty enough to try it, but Iran is overrun with Izzy and American spies in all areas, so if they planned to send one, we'd know before hand and destroy them.

As for Russia, and China, them norks, they KNOW they would be devastated by our nukes within the hour.

Boomers on all sides, major countries, as well a one small one, know that having them on hand, prevents any country killer crap from ever happening.

As for fixing our system for a natural EMP, yep, we need to fix that now.
But from an attacking country, other than Iran, them people are truly nuts, the threat of them being used for warfare has got to be really low on the priority list of potential threats.

No one can survive using them, either side, so,,,,,,,,,,what would be the purpose, except for suicide of your people to pull one out and fire it off??????

Old Today, 18:36   #994
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
The problem with an EMP attack is that one could put a device on a SCUD and launch it off a container ship off the coast making it difficult to determine who the attacking nation is. This could be a proxy attack, the device given to terrorists or non-nation groups who would not be worth a nuke attack and the resultant fallout. Once the deed is done, it is over for the civilian population.

This could actually be the perfect crime on an international scale in that the war is over before the origin of the EMP device is known.
legolas1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:09   #995
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
The problem with an EMP attack is that one could put a device on a SCUD and launch it off a container ship off the coast making it difficult to determine who the attacking nation is. This could be a proxy attack, the device given to terrorists or non-nation groups who would not be worth a nuke attack and the resultant fallout. Once the deed is done, it is over for the civilian population.

This could actually be the perfect crime on an international scale in that the war is over before the origin of the EMP device is known.
True
But that's why we got the CIA, NSA, FBI, and 14 other spy type/intelligence agencies.
Plus allies, ok, not them so much.
Guess them agencies are doing their jobs, must be working, we ain't been hit yet.

Old Today, 21:59   #996
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
Have we not been hit because of the agencies and the military? Or could it be the hand of G-d has intervened for a time? It is interesting to watch how things are playing out, as we see a good number of the people of this nation and the leaders for what they really are, as though a case is being made against us. G-d determines the rise and fall of nations, as said in the past- "Mene, Tekel, Peres", 'God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end..you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting..your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes (Russians) and the Persians (Iranians)....the writing may be on the wall.
legolas1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:38   #997
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
Have we not been hit because of the agencies and the military? Or could it be the hand of G-d has intervened for a time? It is interesting to watch how things are playing out, as we see a good number of the people of this nation and the leaders for what they really are, as though a case is being made against us. G-d determines the rise and fall of nations, as said in the past- "Mene, Tekel, Peres", 'God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end..you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting..your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes (Russians) and the Persians (Iranians)....the writing may be on the wall.
I'm sure G-D has his hand in this, but G-D also sub contracts out from time to time.