Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old April 21, 2017, 07:42   #1
michael_g927
Registered

FALaholic #: 31039
The real immigration problem

http://13cgunreviews.com/attempted10...e-county-dead/

Turns out a Chicagoite buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.
So the guy gets there to find these Hoosiers shoot guns. Right next door! They even carry guns around with them!!!
Well, this simply just cant be. So he makes this deal with the county commissioner who lives on the other side of him.
It never ceases to amaze me when folks migrate to better environs only to try to make the new place EXACTLY like the one they just left.
Florida is having this very problem right now. Folks from New York city are moving in and getting into local government and destroying the local way of life with their wacked out politics.
michael_g927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 08:05   #2
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

A better example is Colorado. When I was a kid we would drive 5 minutes outside city limits and shoot all day. Now Id have the cops called on me after the first rd.

Colorado now has more dope heads than real workers and has forced out Magpul. Liberals take their stupid baggage to where ever they move.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 08:06   #3
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_g927 View Post

Turns out a Chicagoite buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.
So the guy gets there to find these Hoosiers shoot guns. Right next door! They even carry guns around with them!!!
Well, this simply just cant be. So he makes this deal with the county commissioner who lives on the other side of him.
It never ceases to amaze me when folks migrate to better environs only to try to make the new place EXACTLY like the one they just left.
Florida is having this very problem right now. Folks from New York city are moving in and getting into local government and destroying the local way of life with their wacked out politics.
Georgia has had this problem from years, parts of Atlanta could pass for freaking Joisey. We definitely need a better immigration policy. The good news is none of 'em have guns.
Old April 21, 2017, 08:14   #4
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Throw in Austin.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 09:16   #5
bouncer50
Registered

FALaholic #: 10039
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_g927 View Post

Laporte County is not far from i live. I live in Lake County which has the highest crime rate in Indiana. Some city around me is all most all spanish speaking people. Yep a lot of Illinois people are moving to Indiana because of the cost of living. Average property tax in Illinois 5,000.00 Indiana 1,200.00 a year. Sale tax in Illinois 10 percent Indiana 7 percent. Yes Indiana is a magnet for lower income people. Yes i learn to speak some Spanish enough that Mexican ask me if i am American Mexican. I tell them i am a Polaco.
bouncer50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 13:05   #6
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Throw in Austin.
I used to enjoy going down to Austin, made it several times each year. But no more. Not only does the traffic suck all the time but the insufferable attitudes one encounters everywhere is the last straw. Hell, even the restaurant busboys have that "I'm just so much hipper than thou" approach. Oh, there are still cool things to do and see there but sometimes it's just not worth it anymore. California redux...
Old April 21, 2017, 13:54   #7
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
This story reminds of a young couple I used to work with a small retail shop I worked at part time...

The shop owners had hired this young couple to work for them. The husband (~22) and wife (~16) had recently moved to Texas from California and didn't even own a car. The husband was a real whiner about everything and his wife followed him in lock-step because she was too young to really understand what her husband was whining about most of the time.* Anyway, the shop owners went away one weekend on a religious retreat and left me and the young couple at the shop. At this point, I should mention that I'd worked for the shop owners on and off for ten years and I was used to the way they operated. Anyway, so evidentially Mr. Whiner didn't dig the way the shop did business, didn't like the fact that the shop didn't pay more or offer benefits, didn't like the fact that rural East Texas didn't have functioning public transportation, and couldn't stand most of the people who shopped there because they were "backwards and ignorant." He should really be making $17/hour because that's his job would've paid California, not the $9.50/hour he made in rural East Texas. At this point, he's really starting to get worked up and his wife is starting to chime in - and they're both directing this at me for some reason. He then catches his breath and looks at me for some type of reaction/feedback/statement. So...I contemplated his diatribe for a moment, then kindly informed him that we Texans really like living here and we all mostly get along and didn't look down upon each other. And further, since in his wealth of experience, rural East Texas didn't seem to suit him or his wife, perhaps they should take their carpet-bagging asses back to California where they came from and stop trying to California our Texas. And, finally if that wasn't an option for him, I pointed out that Texas was a right-to-work state and he was therefore able to quit here and go work any place else in the Texas that might suit him better since clearly he was unhappy here. See, we Texans believe in self-determination and if Texas wasn't working out for him, we believe in the right for him to get off his ass and do something about it.

Apparently that wasn't the response he was looking for because it completely derailed his whole train of thought and he didn't speak to me for three more days. I suspect Mr. Whiner was already on his way out because he didn't last another three weeks there. Oh well...

I apologize OP, because I didn't mean to diverge your post away from its topic but the whole "Don't Chicago my Indiana!" reminded me of this "Don't California my Texas" situation from years ago.

*Not making a blanket statement about young people in general - just this young lady. She really wasn't all that smart...

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 14:51   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Oregon has been flooded with Kalifornicators since the state was formed. All that saves us from it being worse is the rain. Worse part is they are lazy too and bring their illegal house help with them. Git rid of them all and we would be back to a garden of eden..
Old April 21, 2017, 16:52   #9
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Tucson is the poster city for kali communists ruining a once conservative stronghold. They are starting to get in foothold in the smaller cities. Chime in yellowhand.

A lot of Texans don't consider Austin part of the free state.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 18:13   #10
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Oregon has been flooded with Kalifornicators since the state was formed. All that saves us from it being worse is the rain. Worse part is they are lazy too and bring their illegal house help with them. Git rid of them all and we would be back to a garden of eden..
Hard to believe what can happen in 5 or 6 generations,(less than that actually, more like 2 gens.). The Willamette Valley was the reason for the Oregon Trail. California had it's version. Only the toughest, most self reliant needed to apply. The weak died on the trail. Same tough bastards carved the west coast states from wilderness and lived there until WW2. Sometime after WW2 attitudes started to change and now we have 'the Left Coast'. Sucky suck suck.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 18:21   #11
Dirt1042
Registered

FALaholic #: 21859
Old April 22, 2017, 10:12   #12
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
PA has a similar problem;

the entire eastern 1/3 of the state has been poisoned by New York & "Jersey"
they moved in and have worked hard at making it just like where they came from (GO_THE_F**K_BACK_WHERE_YOU_CAME_FROM)

southern tier county's have the Maryland, Baltimore, DC, eastern VA virus, they moved here and commute to super high paying corporate & .gov jobs, buy a cheap commuting throw away car every other year
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote