The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 16:42   #1
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
How Much Has Gas Gone Up In Your AO Since The Bombing?

How much has gas gone up in your area since the goat-rapers bombed the large refinery in Saudi Arabia? Sugar gas (the kind with ethanol in it) was $2.07 9/10 last Monday at the Racetrack stations. Yesterday it went up to $2.25 9/10.

If they goat-rapers interrupted 5% of production, shouldn't the prices have jumped up only 5% (in this case 10 cents) instead of 8% (in this case, 18 cents)?

Jarhead
Old Yesterday, 16:53   #2
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
How much has gas gone up in your area since the goat-rapers bombed the large refinery in Saudi Arabia? Sugar gas (the kind with ethanol in it) was $2.07 9/10 last Monday at the Racetrack stations. Yesterday it went up to $2.25 9/10.

If they goat-rapers interrupted 5% of production, shouldn't the prices have jumped up only 5% (in this case 10 cents) instead of 8% (in this case, 18 cents)?

Jarhead
Not really. Domestic oil production has increased enough the last couple years that Saudi oil is not nearly so critical. The days of opec are over, at least till the next communist moves into the white house.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:01   #3
Jarhead504
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
Not really. Domestic oil production has increased enough the last couple years that Saudi oil is not nearly so critical. The days of opec are over, at least till the next communist moves into the white house.
No rally what Brother 357ross? I know what you are saying BUT, why did gas go up 18 cents overnight?

Maybe it's from the storm threatening the western Gulf and the Houston area?? Lots of refineries in that area that might have to slow down production for a few days/hours.

Jarhead
Old Yesterday, 17:14   #4
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Quote:
No rally what Brother 357ross? I know what you are saying BUT, why did gas go up 18 cents overnight?

Maybe it's from the storm threatening the western Gulf and the Houston area?? Lots of refineries in that area that might have to slow down production for a few days/hours.

Jarhead
Think it has more to do with individual states and speculation more than anything. Gas has gone up here but not by more than a nickel or so, and today I noticed even that has come down a penny or so.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:15   #5
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:

Jarhead
Because you think like you are on an island. I'll address your 1st question. It went up to $2.39 at the HEB in Floresville right after from $2.23. Today topped off and it was $2.29. Murphy express in San Antonio was $2.15. LA is the suckiest place around for gas prices. I hate driving there when it comes to buying gas.

To answer your other question. You really think that mid stream companies that have gasoline are going to give preferential treatment to the US in the free market? If someone from another country lands a tanker at a port and is willing to pay more, they're going to say nah, I got to save this gas for my coon ass brethren down in the swamps to fill up their trucks and fishing boats?

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:31   #6
Jarhead504
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Because you think like you are on an island.
No I don't. You never know what the fug ANYONE is thinking, ever, BUT thank you for answering my questions, even it is in one of your smart-ass answering styles.

You have never said anything good about Louisiana or Louisianians. I suppose that's just because of your dumb-ass way. That's okay. Stay the fuk on that side of the Sabine. They're going to need you when La Raza begins the Great Reconquista in Tejas. Beunos suerte amigo.

Also, I have many friends and relatives in Texas and have dealt with many other good folks from Texas. I like visiting Texas. It's a wonderful place. As proud my friends and family of the Republic of Texas, and they should be, they still do not act the fool as do you.

Brother Jarhead,
FALaholic
Old Yesterday, 17:48   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
No I don't. You never know what the fug ANYONE is thinking, ever, BUT thank you for answering my questions, even it is in one of your smart-ass answering styles.

You have never said anything good about Louisiana or Louisianians. I suppose that's just because of your dumb-ass way. That's okay. Stay the fuk on that side of the Sabine. They're going to need you when La Raza begins the Great Reconquista in Tejas. Beunos suerte amigo.

Also, I have many friends and relatives in Texas and have dealt with many other good folks from Texas. I like visiting Texas. It's a wonderful place. As proud my friends and family of the Republic of Texas, and they should be, they still do not act the fool as do you.

Brother Jarhead,
FALaholic
Quit acting so serious. Next thing you'll be telling me is that you have an LSU license plate on your truck. I ain't got no issue with La because I live in Tx. I was in Hammond a couple of weeks ago and some of the best looking gals and nicest people you could meet.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:21   #8
ncjeeper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65663
Same $2.29 here as it has been for weeks.
Old Yesterday, 18:53   #9
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Up $0.28 here in Middle TN. Its as if the PA gas tax followed me down. But the weather is nicer.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:58   #10
richbug
Registered

FALaholic #: 10484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronF View Post
Up $0.28 here in Middle TN. Its as if the PA gas tax followed me down. But the weather is nicer.

Hovering near $3 here. went up $.15 and stuck.
richbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:03   #11
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
I can’t say for sure, but it does not seem like much if any around here. Which sure as hell should disappoint the media that tossed around words like “surging” and “skyrocketing” in reference to gas prices after the bombing. In the same breath they speculated a 10-15 cent a gallon increase. I don’t personally see that as “skyrocketing” but I am not a POS punk snowflake either.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36   #12
C-ya
One day at a time...
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16313
Monday, ours went from $2.419 to $2.799. That is the largest single jump I have seen in a few weeks. A couple weeks ago, Gas Buddy sent an alert that gas prices were expected to rise. It did - a whopping $0.05/gal.
C-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12   #13
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yeah,

Here in Northwest Omaha, it had gone up a dime from $2.19 to $2.29 before the attack and another dime after to $2.39. Out here in the Rural/Suburb fault line farmers will pitch a fit if it goes too high, then the price gouging investigations start.

Not much complaining from farmers when ethanol prices cause the gas prices to shoot up though. No price gouging investigations either

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31   #14
JColdIron
Registered

FALaholic #: 24587
Some jumped 30 cents in our area then back down 10 after the rest did not follow suit.

SHEETS seemed to be the biggest offender. They do not generally get my business anyway as they are always swamped for some reason. Not for their gas price! but for the crap they sell in the store.
JColdIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:46   #15
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Yep $2.47 to $2.70+ in some places in Ga., - whether its the attack or that it might be just an excuse - every disaster has a silver lining!!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04   #16
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017
Went up $.49 cents on 9-16 here. $2.79 now...
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence
FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07   #17
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Now heavy rain in Houston is being blamed.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/catas...230000881.html
Old Today, 11:08   #18
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Funny you should ask...

A Valero on my way to work had pretty steady diesel prices for the last month or so, at $2.55. 2 days after the bombing they jump to $2.65. About 2 weeks before the bombing a new new station was built on the opposite corner, and actually LOWERED their price to $2.53. Guess who was at $2.53 this morning???
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:13   #19
Douglas S Graham
Registered

FALaholic #: 19332
The oil industry uses any excuse it can to raise prices, even if oil flow isn't affected. Aholes.
Douglas S Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:35   #20
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S Graham View Post
The oil industry uses any excuse it can to raise prices, even if oil flow isn't affected. Aholes.
You may want to look just a little deeper into how "commodities trading" works.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote