The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old April 13, 2018, 12:41   #1
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
Optics Planet

I bought a SB pistol brace from these people on 4/6/18 I was looking at my order today and found out that it wouldn't ship for 25 to 45 days WTF! Call them today and ask them what the holdup was because when I bought it availability was 7 to 14 days so she tells me that they didn't expect any of these braces until May 1. If I hadn't got this on sale and saved a bunch of money on it I would cancel my order and me being the tight wad I am I'm just gonna wait.

I sent them a backup WTF e-mail in hopes they feel sorry for me and send me a door prize but I'm not going to hold my breath. Any other Optics Planet fans out there or do they practice this behavior ? I told them that this was my first purchase and this is not starting out very good.

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 13:03   #2
imacoonass01
Registered

FALaholic #: 80275
Welcome to the real world. Have a few 's while waiting.
imacoonass01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 13:53   #3
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
The optics on this look bad.......

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 14:40   #4
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
Yeah, I won't be doing business with them anymore.

I ordered a gas block to complete a quick upper build on an AR and 2 weeks later, it finally came.

And that was supposedly for a part that they had in stock. There is no excuse for crappy service
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 14:58   #5
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
They are slow to ship, poor inventory update on website, drop ship a lot of what they sell and are merciless on their sending of spam emails.....not a fan

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 16:07   #6
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
merciless on their sending of spam emails.....not a fan
Sounds like the NRA. I opt out and still get so many damn emails still from their sub groups.

I’ve bought a few things but mainly related to optics with no issues. They have yet to steal $0.89 from me. I would cancel the order unless it was a smoking deal and could wait. I’m in sales and have vendors screw me almost weekly on delivery or pricing so have thick skin

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 17:23   #7
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Never had a problem dealing with them, but I am apparently a little more patient than some folks ??

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; April 13, 2018 at 17:57.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 17:41   #8
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Which one did ya order, these two show in stock, the fancy pants ones, still 18 days out?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sb-tact...ing-brace.html

Was about to order another of these cheap ones, 95.00 bucks, which work really well.
Old April 13, 2018, 18:14   #9
paulo
Registered

FALaholic #: 11856
Give Sport Optics a look. Quick shipping and they price match Optics Planet.
Great CS as well.
paulo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 18:47   #10
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
The big reason I still do business with them is they are very personable on the phone, and have discounts on some items WAY above anywhere I've seen elsewhere. They also allow negotiation of price via online chat. I've not seen that anywhere else, and have saved hundreds doing it. You literally just ask for a lower price, and if it's fair they'll accept it.

I still have had the same issue of poor inventory updating, and long waits for shipping.
fuel fire desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018, 19:03   #11
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Never had a problem dealing with them, but I am apparently a little more patient than some folks ??

Well not having it in stock is one thing but when they charge my card and they can't even smell this stock its so far away then there's the lying you click on the availability link it says 7 to 18 days then you buy it and look at your order one week later and it says 20 to 45 days this is to many strikes against them. Now I know you're gonna say yeah but they all charge your card after you place an order even when they don't have it in stock and you're right most do but I guess you can call it piling it on they charged my card and they lied to me . Tell me up front about they won't have it in stock maybe by May 1st and let me make up my mind if I want to buy it or not.

Mark
Old April 13, 2018, 19:07   #12
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Which one did ya order, these two show in stock, the fancy pants ones, still 18 days out?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sb-tact...ing-brace.html

Was about to order another of these cheap ones, 95.00 bucks, which work really well.

No YH its the more expensive PDW brace , after their discount I got it for $193.00. Wouldn't it be nice if you made & sold a product that was flying off the shelf's like this?

Mark
Old April 13, 2018, 19:14   #13
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo View Post
Give Sport Optics a look. Quick shipping and they price match Optics Planet.
Great CS as well.

I took a look there Paulo they only sell optics at least that's all I could find. I did a search on this pistol brace and it didn't find anything there but thanks anyway Paulo.

Mark
Old April 13, 2018, 19:59   #14
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
No YH its the more expensive PDW brace , after their discount I got it for $193.00. Wouldn't it be nice if you made & sold a product that was flying off the shelf's like this?

Mark
No joke!
Bought one the first time I, cough, cough, cough, xxxxxxxxxxx one, saying, ok, how can this be legal, like folks were not going to to xxxxxxx them as xxxxx barrel rifles without the hassle of a tax xxxxxx.
But so far, so good!

Suspect they will be attacked like the bummpy things.

And everyone turn on their TV, looks like we're going to WAR, again, Trump to speak shortly to nation.
Old April 14, 2018, 09:01   #15
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
After the Vegas shooting they had the Franklin Binary triggers in stock and a tad cheaper than everyone else. Ordered two and they showed up in about three days and invoice said $290 each. Website had said like $329. Checked my credit card and they had charged me the $290 each so called to see if could get more. Sales rep said computer had glitched and sold them to me for same price they paid. Asked if I could get more at same price and she let me have three more but that was all. Said it left them with five to get full price as had gone up to $348. Next three shipped from two warehouses but showed up in a few days.

Recently they had a super deal on ATN X Sights for $479 each so bought three, two 3-14 and one 5-25 along with some Nikon scopes about half of retail. All showed up in same box in three days which seems to be average for me. I check them on all items now.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2018, 23:02   #16
yarro
Registered

FALaholic #: 28278
I bought a scope from them for way less than anyone else had them. The one that came had a sticker on the outside with the correct part number, barcode, and description. The box inside was a different scope. RMAed it, but they could not replace it with the right one as it was a special buy for end of run of the model that sold out immediately. Unfortunately, I did not want the new model that replaced it even at the same price, which they offered. They were polite, paid to ship it back, and refunded me in full as soon as it showed up unlike other experiences I have had with some other vendors who take weeks to refund. Even had one charge a 20% return fee when they sent me the wrong item, which was double the price of what I ordered. Eventually, I just had the CC company remove the charge as I had emails acknowledging that it was the wrong item. So, while their prices are usually pretty good, their customer service when things go wrong is outstanding.

-yarro
Old April 19, 2018, 20:44   #17
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
I have only had one deal with them . A month or so ago I bought a spotting scope much cheaper than anywhere else with free, fast shipping. I am happy with them so far. And am really happy I finally spent the bucks on a good spotting scope.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2018, 10:42   #18
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

As my original post states I got one heck of a deal on this brace my gripe is with what they state for availability in the actual sales add and what you find on your invoice after your purchase the item it was double the time of the website.

Mark