The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 57 36.54%
I ordered, and received product timely 45 28.85%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 8 5.13%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 34 21.79%
I just like stirring shit 9 5.77%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 03, 2017, 09:01   #601
fireplug
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 67410
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle,Washington,United States
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post
It appears the last poster in this thread isn't too happy with his product from DSA.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_7/473...y-.html&page=2
Yeah,crappy DSA product like usual from them with no quality control at all.
Moses and his magazines look like they have pretty much run their course.
fireplug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 03, 2017, 09:10   #602
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
 
Mebsuta's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4143
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Khemi, Stygia
Posts: 9,416
I didn't know FAL magazines were supposed to drop free. It never crossed my mind. Thought that was an AR deal.
__________________
Hai
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 03, 2017, 11:08   #603
Tgeorgi2002
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 50534
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
I didn't know FAL magazines were supposed to drop free. It never crossed my mind. Thought that was an AR deal.
Given enough clearance, they will pivot on the beak and roll out. Not as graceful as an AR mag dropping free, but it can happen.
Tgeorgi2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 19:21   #604
He11RZR
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 78974
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 36
Asked DSA about selling Moses Mags... This was their response. Interesting.... Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to this matter.

The magazines that we received from MMW and currently have in stock on our site are ones that we ordered April 28th and October 19th of 2015, so unfortunately approximately 2 years ago. We are no different than anyone else in this matter.

The magazines that we received were not even completed, they all required a secondary milling operation as well as assembly. After years of being out of stock and waiting for our orders as well as suffering the same communication frustrations as everyone else, we were finally able to connect with MMW and agreed to have our long outstanding orders fulfilled with the product in this unfinished condition. This in order to serve our customers who keep asking us for them and enjoy doing business with us. They have stated they really wanted to try that particular product for the last several years. We are doing nothing wrong unless others see trying to help our customers as something wrong. Whatever the MMW principle has done to others is really none of our business. In the 30 years DSA has been in business, never have we not stood behind our products or refunded a customer if it was on us. Many times it wasn’t and we were being scammed ourselves or someone was too ignorant to operate the system or use good ammo, but we still took the high road. We are not the owner of MMW nor are we the sheriff of FAL files, quite the contrary.

As far as FAL files and any posts related to MMW, we rarely go on there as it is unmoderated and all we get is grief, lies and slander thrown at us. All posted by a handful of members who think they are FAL experts and know everything about the FAL or what and how we make things, which in many cases are the furthest from reality. If MMW has done anything to members that is unscrupulous, then we suggest the owner of the site step in and do something about it. Perhaps they should do something about all of the lies and slanderous statements that seem to abound across the FAL Files before lawsuits get filed.

DS Arms has the goal to support as many FAL enthusiasts as possible with desirable, historical and functional upgrades. This is in order to keep this rifle platform alive and in service for another 60 years!

In the meantime we are sorry if individuals have had any issues with the MMW company, we simply paid for a product and were finally able to receive it. We hope others receive theirs as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and your business over the years. Let us know if there is any further service we can offer.

Best regards.

Customer Service Rep
DS Arms Inc
customerservice3@dsarms.com
Phone: (847) 277-7258
Fax: (847) 277-7259
He11RZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 19:28   #605
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Bronze Contributor
 
308/223shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 15405
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pacific northwest
Posts: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11RZR View Post
Asked DSA about selling Moses Mags... This was their response. Interesting.... Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to this matter.

The magazines that we received from MMW and currently have in stock on our site are ones that we ordered April 28th and October 19th of 2015, so unfortunately approximately 2 years ago. We are no different than anyone else in this matter.

The magazines that we received were not even completed, they all required a secondary milling operation as well as assembly. After years of being out of stock and waiting for our orders as well as suffering the same communication frustrations as everyone else, we were finally able to connect with MMW and agreed to have our long outstanding orders fulfilled with the product in this unfinished condition. This in order to serve our customers who keep asking us for them and enjoy doing business with us. They have stated they really wanted to try that particular product for the last several years. We are doing nothing wrong unless others see trying to help our customers as something wrong. Whatever the MMW principle has done to others is really none of our business. In the 30 years DSA has been in business, never have we not stood behind our products or refunded a customer if it was on us. Many times it wasn’t and we were being scammed ourselves or someone was too ignorant to operate the system or use good ammo, but we still took the high road. We are not the owner of MMW nor are we the sheriff of FAL files, quite the contrary.

As far as FAL files and any posts related to MMW, we rarely go on there as it is unmoderated and all we get is grief, lies and slander thrown at us. All posted by a handful of members who think they are FAL experts and know everything about the FAL or what and how we make things, which in many cases are the furthest from reality. If MMW has done anything to members that is unscrupulous, then we suggest the owner of the site step in and do something about it. Perhaps they should do something about all of the lies and slanderous statements that seem to abound across the FAL Files before lawsuits get filed.

DS Arms has the goal to support as many FAL enthusiasts as possible with desirable, historical and functional upgrades. This is in order to keep this rifle platform alive and in service for another 60 years!

In the meantime we are sorry if individuals have had any issues with the MMW company, we simply paid for a product and were finally able to receive it. We hope others receive theirs as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and your business over the years. Let us know if there is any further service we can offer.

Best regards.

Customer Service Rep
DS Arms Inc
customerservice3@dsarms.com
Phone: (847) 277-7258
Fax: (847) 277-7259
Wow, likely they got their mags cause they have the coin for lawyers to sue Johnny.
__________________
If good fences make good neighbors, I need the bloody Berlin Wall.
If the Bible was written by men and is pure fiction, then how did they know about Hillary?
Hector Lives!
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 19:29   #606
Slo cat
Master Metal Checkerer
Silver Contributor
 
Slo cat's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 11908
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner of 'Walk' and 'Don't Walk'
Posts: 2,923
He11RZR,

Thank you for posting this DSA reply. I consider it well written and addressing most of the issues we know about the Moses FAL magazines. Tho I'm sure some Files members will no doubt take issue with it, as usual.
__________________
"Can't believe that didn't click with me. That's what I get for posting during a moment of sobriety." . . . Shlomo
I once was lost, but now am found. Was blind but now I see. . . in a different way.
Sicher - Einzelfeuer - Dauerfeuer
ORWAC 68-2, NRA DR #24, CMP DP #922, P-100 (14x)
Slo cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 19:34   #607
Psc199333
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 79319
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Seaford, delaware
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo cat View Post
He11RZR,

Thank you for posting this DSA reply. I consider it well written and addressing most of the issues we know about the Moses FAL magazines. Tho I'm sure some Files members will no doubt take issue with it, as usual.
It's a little different than when he was dragging dsa's name through the dirt though isn't it?
Psc199333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2017, 12:04   #608
1911Ron
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17513
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South of the Fulda gap
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo cat View Post
He11RZR,

Thank you for posting this DSA reply. I consider it well written and addressing most of the issues we know about the Moses FAL magazines. Tho I'm sure some Files members will no doubt take issue with it, as usual.
So if i disagree with what DSA said i'm in the wrong because you say so please you are so full of your self so are all of the whiny little b*&ches that cannot wrap their little brains around the fact that a number of people have given them a recourse for fixing the problem of them not getting their magazines.

Is he a crook or a scammer don't know as there have been NO charges filed or any JUDGEMENTS handed down by a court of law.

If DSA fixed their receivers they wouldn't be "lied about or slandered" or anything else they might even be lauded for putting out a QUALITY product but they don't, they lie, they call people names who call them out (a sure sign of a person who has a weak or has no argument to begin with) and they are dishonest with their customers when they say they sell quality products and you believe the response???
__________________
FAL convert.
"Too old to fight, too slow to run, but I can still shoot pretty good!"
1911Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2017, 19:01   #609
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor
 
brunop's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 17136
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,941
We've been murdering DSA around here for a LONG time. OTOH, DSA has been lying (read: "baldly lying") to the public for even longer. For those of you who don't remember, you could go back and look at DSA claiming to have "USA-made parts" for 922R compliance which were actually surplus parts (Austrian mostly) with the acceptance stamp/proof mark ground off - mostly.

I personally received such items from DSA when I was new and stoopid and ordered US parts for the compliance game.


Now, as it relates to DSA receivers: either they're in spec or they're not. You don't have to believe Mark Graham, but IIRC he's putting photos and micrometer measurements for you to verify in your laziness - since you won't do it yourselves. For those of you who *are* doing it yourselves, this obviously doesn't apply to you.

When I was building FALs, DSA products ruled: LMT receivers, Austrian parts, etc. Now I wouldn't spend $800 for a $1600 DSA rifle.
__________________
Warning to all FalFiles members who may ever want to do business with me on the FF Marketplace:

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2017, 19:38   #610
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor
 
4x401's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 31978
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 8,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
We've been murdering DSA around here for a LONG time. OTOH, DSA has been lying (read: "baldly lying") to the public for even longer. For those of you who don't remember, you could go back and look at DSA claiming to have "USA-made parts" for 922R compliance which were actually surplus parts (Austrian mostly) with the acceptance stamp/proof mark ground off - mostly.

I personally received such items from DSA when I was new and stoopid and ordered US parts for the compliance game.


Now, as it relates to DSA receivers: either they're in spec or they're not. You don't have to believe Mark Graham, but IIRC he's putting photos and micrometer measurements for you to verify in your laziness - since you won't do it yourselves. For those of you who *are* doing it yourselves, this obviously doesn't apply to you.

When I was building FALs, DSA products ruled: LMT receivers, Austrian parts, etc. Now I wouldn't spend $800 for a $1600 DSA rifle.
I'm. Shocked. Really...
__________________
_______________________________________________
"Boom in the crotch, boom in the crotch, and lets go to work".
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2017, 19:58   #611
He11RZR
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 78974
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 36
This was my original e-mail to DSA: "If you have not read the thread on FALFiles about Moses Mags taking orders for mags over the last year and never shipping them you should. Disappointing that you would sell a product from a guy who has stolen from so many members. He is a criminal and you are helping him get away with his crime by selling his product before he fulfills his commitment to those who have had orders placed for a year and never received them. If you read the thread "Moses Mags MIA" I'm sure you will do the honorable thing and refuse to aid and abet this unscrupulous man and pull this product. At the end of the thread you will see that selling his mags has not gone unnoticed. Thank You." After the DSA response, I changed my mind and was satisfied with what they had to say about the matter. And I wrote back and told them so. Now, I'm not a builder, my FAL is a DSA Imbel kit from 2011 that has been flawless. It's been a real gem of a rifle for me. And all my spare parts are surplus NOS. So I haven't had any dealings with DSA recently so can't speak to the issues written about here on the Files.
He11RZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2017, 20:52   #612
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor
 
slavicshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74022
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hannibal, Mo.
Posts: 3,095
The above letter from DSA was no more written by a customer service representative than the man in the moon. I have never, never, never known of such a department or even its head to have the authority to threaten lawsuits, unless they are a principle in the company. That letter had the ambiance of one in authority, not a customer service representative. You can take that to the bank. The underlying butthurt was not concealed very well in my opinion.

I have no reason to use Moses mags or any Fal mag because I have no Fal rifle. After following this thread though, Moses has shit in his nest to the power of 10. I have no respect for an underhanded little weasel. ~ss

ETA: I didn't defend my children, nor make excuses for them when they were wrong. Why would anyone defend this behavior from a vendor or even a friend?~ss
__________________
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files