Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old June 11, 2017, 22:02   #451
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Angels?

Left to right = Sophia (11), Katelyn (12), and Meredith (13).

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2017, 22:20   #452
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-60 View Post
Happy to do it!
.....great pictures mate !!!!!! The clarity and sharpness are just stunning. What are you shooting ??

And you have to love that laugh all girls/women let out just after they dump their first magazine on FA !!!
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2017, 23:36   #453
Mark-60
Registered

FALaholic #: 77887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
.....great pictures mate !!!!!! The clarity and sharpness are just stunning. What are you shooting ??

And you have to love that laugh all girls/women let out just after they dump their first magazine on FA !!!
Thank you!

I'm shooting a Canon 7D, with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS L.
Mark-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2017, 23:49   #454
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
Great Pics! Had a good time. Thanks Guys!

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2017, 00:14   #455
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-60 View Post
Thank you!

I'm shooting a Canon 7D, with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS L.
good stuff mate. You are certainly making it work for you !!
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2017, 00:17   #456
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
Looks epic, I wish I had been there guys. I figure I had a good excuse, the first American in my family to graduate high school... Go Wildcats!

My contribution was to play the part of bewildered foreign father....

That's a good-looking crew you have there, Jonny.

Glad you made your proper contribution. Sorry we missed you. See you in the fall at Dave's place!

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

Old June 12, 2017, 02:51   #457
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
Looks epic, I wish I had been there guys. I figure I had a good excuse, the first American in my family to graduate high school... Go Wildcats!

My contribution was to play the part of bewildered foreign father....

Cool. It goes so fast. Congrats to a classy looking family here.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2017, 10:08   #458
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
This was an awesome shoot, thanks for everyone's hard work! Special shout out to Elkaholic for the FA fun, that was awesome dude! tdb59 for the first cup of coffee on arrival, plus the 1895 of high character , that coffee was much needed! Herkamer, Filthy Lucre, and Brush511 for the Excellent grub and warm camper to wait out the snow/hail showers. Bronop and his dad for a very nice Saginaw, and of course everyone who put this together and made it possible!

Looking forward to the World Famous Fall FAL Shoot, and next years Orygun shindig
Old June 13, 2017, 08:55   #459
gaijinsamurai
Registered

FALaholic #: 24362
Looks like you had a great event!
Sorry I missed it, but I'm determined to make next year's.
gaijinsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 14:13   #460
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I thought this was the year that my dad's age caught up to his shooting ability. He wasn't hitting anything, and was more than a little bit bent out of shape.

He told me that he couldn't see targets, and that he couldn't hit anything at the Drop 15, and that the 3Gun thing was too hard. I was telling him that we painted the targets for his turn, and that there was nothing I could do to fix the fact that he can't hit anything. This is/was a big deal, because while he's not very speedy, he's always been a very accurate shooter.

He called me this morning to tell me that the barrel retention bolt on the XCR is loose, and that the barrel is (almost) "flopping around" in the receiver.

I wonder if that had anything to do with everything?

We're both very relieved - for entirely different reasons.

Old June 13, 2017, 14:31   #461
gaijinsamurai
Registered

FALaholic #: 24362
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I can imagine.
gaijinsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 17:37   #462
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
I thought this was the year that my dad's age caught up to his shooting ability. He wasn't hitting anything, and was more than a little bit bent out of shape.

He told me that he couldn't see targets, and that he couldn't hit anything at the Drop 15, and that the 3Gun thing was too hard. I was telling him that we painted the targets for his turn, and that there was nothing I could do to fix the fact that he can't hit anything. This is/was a big deal, because while he's not very speedy, he's always been a very accurate shooter.

He called me this morning to tell me that the barrel retention bolt on the XCR is loose, and that the barrel is (almost) "flopping around" in the receiver.

During handgun he stated many times he couldn't see the poppers,
cowboy, or his front sight.

Asked when was the last time he had eyes checked, he said a long time.

He needs to get in somewhere by the sounds.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 18:28   #463
Flatfour
Registered

FALaholic #: 75668
Looks like you all had a fantastic time! Wish I could have made it.
Flatfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 18:40   #464
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
During handgun he stated many times he couldn't see the poppers,
cowboy, or his front sight.

Asked when was the last time he had eyes checked, he said a long time.

He needs to get in somewhere by the sounds.
Okay - I'll see what I can find out. Thanks a bunch!

Old June 13, 2017, 21:24   #465
Herkamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 79467
I had a great time with you guys! Thanks to all who set up the events and took pictures and provided knowledgeable advise and brought unexpected, er, stuff! Yes, the weather didn't always cooperate, but hey, all in all that was really fun. Now I feel like I need more guns. More ammo. And, camo gear of course!
Herkamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 22:46   #466
oddcarl
Registered

FALaholic #: 64180
I'm so sad I missed it, it looks like y'all were having a blast! Literally! (Those are some great shots!)
oddcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2017, 10:00   #467
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Had a pivotal time with Hawkjr. He really came into his own at camp this year. His only words as we left camp were, "can we practice more, I want to hit the king shot next year" NOT "can you help me remember shoes"
Old June 15, 2017, 00:31   #468
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
Quote:

Your dad is doing great. How many others his age would be out there shooting like we were? It's easy to miss when you don't practice, practice, practice. I blew the team match. Used crappy FMJ ammo should have stuck
with the 168gr Nosler Ammo. Oh well Had not shot the SCAR at 200 yards, now I have. Next time will be different.... Bwah, ha,ha,ha,ha

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2017, 10:29   #469
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_spambo View Post
Your dad is doing great. How many others his age would be out there shooting like we were? It's easy to miss when you don't practice, practice, practice. I blew the team match. Used crappy FMJ ammo should have stuck
with the 168gr Nosler Ammo. Oh well Had not shot the SCAR at 200 yards, now I have. Next time will be different.... Bwah, ha,ha,ha,ha

Spambo
Yep - he's doing great. Better than ever now that he's addressed his gear. And you're totally right about the practice, practice, practice.

He hadn't been doing any. That'll catch you quick.

Old June 15, 2017, 18:03   #470
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
Had a great time despite the shitty weather. As always I really enjoyed visiting with all my long time friends {you know who you are}. Was cool meeting some new people too.

Ron W.
sportsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017, 11:02   #471
Mark-60
Registered

FALaholic #: 77887
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_spambo View Post

Spambo
Next time, I'll be your huckleberry.
Mark-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017, 23:03   #472
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
Apologies.

So guys,

I have to apologize for my lack of enthusiasm. I don't know what exactly was going on other than allergies/gut virus, but I was very out of sorts the whole weekend and it started on Thursday. I had already packed most of my gear Wednesday and was ready to rock Thursday. I woke up to intestinal distress. I sat on the toilet until 10am. Around 6pm I showed up and still felt like dog poo.

So sometimes I also suffer from insomnia. I literally got 3 hours of sleep Thursday night and then Friday I got maybe 5 tops. So...when I get lack of sleep I get nausea.

Then my asthma started kicking my ass. I had been treating it the entire time there, but, it was not helping. All day Saturday I had a sinus headache. Just a whole bunch of crap that piled into my favorite weekend of the year.

Anyways, sorry again. That was not the normal me out there.

Last edited by Tailback; June 17, 2017 at 14:25.
Tailback is online now   Reply With Quote