The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old February 12, 2018, 10:11   #1
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
snowflakes, tired of working at age of 25, sink

two retards want you to "go fun my fantasy". their dog food and dog toys were the most important stuff to save from a sinking boat.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...into-trip.html

A couple’s plan for a better life has been sunk.

Nikki Walsh, 24, and boyfriend Tanner Broadwell, 26, decided nearly a year ago that they were tired of working.

“How can we live our lives when we’re working most of the day and you have to pay so much just to live?” Walsh, who booked timeshare tours for a living, said to the New York Post.

“Most of the work you do goes to your home. There has to be another option,” she added.

So, the Colorado couple sold all their furniture and their SUV and purchased a 49-year-old boat in Alabama to live on and eventually sail the world in.

The couple moved onto the 28-foot boat, which was in the marina of Tarpon Springs, a town on Florida’s Gulf Coast, and lived there for months with their two-year-old pug, Remy, while they stocked up on food and supplies.

“We were pretty prepared,” Walsh said, of gathering items to last them for their planned trip to the Caribbean.

However, the two were not prepared for what happened next.

Nearly two days into their venture, the couple’s boat capsized in a channel of water called John’s Pass.

“We thought the channel was where we were going, but it wasn’t,” Walsh told the New York Post, telling the publication they were armed with GPS and paper navigation charts.

Local boat captains say the sandbars often shift in John’s Pass, the Post reported.

“We started freaking out because waves were coming, and it was tossing our boat back and forth,” Walsh recalled.

Broadwell was at the rear of the boat, holding onto Remy when the trouble hit.

“My hands were shaking. We were terrified,” she said.

Before abandoning ship, Walsh said they grabbed some clothes and important documents, as well as things for their dog.

“I also grabbed Remy’s food and just about everything he needed,” said Walsh. “He doesn’t deserve to go without his favorite toys.”

Walsh admitted she and her boyfriend, who used to drive for Uber, were “new to sailing.”

However, the couple, who has been left with just $90 in cash, no jobs and no boat insurance, say they are still hopeful for their world-sailing plans and have started a GoFundMe begging people to help them “not give up on [their] dreams.”

The pair are seeking $10,000 to rescue the ship, which sunk off the coast of Madeira Beach, FL. Walsh said raising the boat alone will cost at least $6,700.

“We have a lot of family helping us, but it’s hard when you’ve lost everything,” Walsh told The Post from Jacksonville, where the couple is staying with loved ones.

Though the pair seem down and out, they still plan to “buy or salvage another boat” at some point and “try try try again,” Walsh writes on the GoFundMe.

“You only have one life. Why spend it doing what you don’t love. Money isn’t everything!” Walsh told the Post.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 10:26   #2
Super Dak©
Registered

FALaholic #: 70615
"....Money isn’t everything!” Walsh told the Post. So please give me yours.
Wait 'till they figure out how to claim PTSD from the incident and get disability, then they'll need a medical marijuana card for their anxiety, and Remy can be their official service dog. Maybe they can sue Florida for allowing two morons to operate a boat with no knowledge or experience. I love it when a plan comes together.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:57   #3
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Sounds like they need to get off their ass and get to work.

Myself I have no issue at all for people setting out at any point in their life for an adventure just don't expect me to pay for it.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 11:17   #4
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
You wouldn't believe how many young people today are like that. They have no interest in having a job and see no need to have one. Begging for money from strangers is common, they have no problem with it. Free money is considered more of a right than anything else.

Throughout history, there have always been bums in society but, this time, it's diffferent. It's more widespread, more generational.
Old February 12, 2018, 11:24   #5
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
No critical thinking taught in schools anymore---only what makes you "feel good"
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 11:24   #6
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
"Your ass would get a job if you ran out of money..."

Old February 12, 2018, 11:40   #7
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
"Youth is wasted upon the young."

Life has always been "survival."
They are now getting "tuned up", by life.
Maybe that can sue that sandbar?

Survival has always been, get a job so that you can eat, and have a place to sleep. Education helps in that regard.

I am not seeing a lot of wisdom in that pair, yet.
But as they say, "do what you like to do, and you will never work a day in your life."
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 11:52   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Makes you realize in a real SHTF most of us have no worries.
Old February 12, 2018, 12:27   #9
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
2 Thessalonians 3:10

"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

Works for me.
Old February 12, 2018, 12:27   #10
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Seems they had bad luck - by walking in the Opposite Direction, away from the Herd - We would never have heard anything, if they'd been successful and sailed away! People like to wash in another's failure!

Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 12:45   #11
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

It wasn't their failure at doing something unique that's the problem. It would have been great if adventure had been their motivation but it wasn't

Their only motivation was to not work. This is what pisses off people that work to support themselves but now have to pay the bills to feed and house those that refuse to work.

A lot of young people are like that today. A lot of people on this board are supporting grown children and stepchildren that refuse to get a job.
Old February 12, 2018, 12:49   #12
Col. Bat Guano
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
Ahh yes -- a lifetime of hard work and drudgery has worn them down and broken their spirits. Oh wait. They were 23 and 25 when they decided to drop out of the work force!

Unbefuckinglieveable. And now they expect other people with jobs to fund their hedonistic lifestyle? Maybe they should just go back to Colorado and smoke a bowl with their pug at the local coffee shop and simply continue to be a nameless wart on the ass of society without trying to shake down hard-working people.
Old February 12, 2018, 12:51   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Well, I'm actually wondering if they may have been done a favor. Get out into the real ocean and do something stupid and you're in deep shit. I read in the article that they were trying to get someone to pick them up in water that was too shallow for a boat to enter when they merely had to walk to shore.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 12:58   #14
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
I’ll bet $50 they are Democrats.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 13:02   #15
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Work, as compulsion via debt, or duty - they had Oceans to cross! Before it might be too late! So who care's - they were bold, also perhaps ill prepared and a little 'Tupid - maybe they haven't given up yet ! I wish them luck in there endeavours!
Old February 12, 2018, 13:08   #16
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post
I’ll bet $50 they are Democrats.

Disregarding their desire to not work - as said earlier. I have no problem with that as long as they execute their plan on their own initiative and resources - they have just learned an important lesson ( maybe ), which would be that most "adventures" require skill and carefully gained experience if one is to enjoy, much less survive them. Sailing, flying, mountain climbing, high performance motorsports, et al are usually very unforgiving of mistakes, even by the experienced.

People who sail New England used to mock me for doing most of my sailing on the "safe and gentle" Chesapeake Bay, until one of their own got caught in a summer squall, got tangled in a crab pot, and were driven into a bridge piling. Lost the boat and damn near lost themselves. Murphy lies in wait every where, this couple just got a medium hard introduction to him.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 13:11   #17
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Bat Guano View Post
Ahh yes -- a lifetime of hard work and drudgery has worn them down and broken their spirits. Oh wait. They were 23 and 25 when they decided to drop out of the work force!

Unbefuckinglieveable. And now they expect other people with jobs to fund their hedonistic lifestyle? Maybe they should just go back to Colorado and smoke a bowl with their pug at the local coffee shop and simply continue to be a nameless wart on the ass of society without trying to shake down hard-working people.
^^ This. What the hell kind if idiots are TIRED of working by 25. and for all that 'lifetime' of hard work can't muster $10k to refloat their home, or even enough to insure it?

Folks, this is where giving your kids stuff like cars and college gets you, or more accurately them. Heck three hots and a cot past the age of 18 is over-generous. This boggles the mind.
Old February 12, 2018, 13:38   #18
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
A lot of young people are like that today. A lot of people on this board are supporting grown children and stepchildren that refuse to get a job.
some of us have 30 year old kids living with us so that our grand-kids can go to great country schools with other farm kids in an entirely white and upper class school district, and so that our kids can build enuf financial basis to afford a home of their own in as good an area. as long as they are working and have an end game plan to become comfortably independent, it is a good thing to help them out while they are struggling. any decent father would do it.

it's better than letting our grand-kids grow up in a neighborhood full of "diversity", and the problems those people have brought into small town America.

o'negro created a plolicy in 2010 designed to empty the filth of the cities into small town America, and lutheran social services is importing 3rd world muslims into the same places en masse. it is affecting the lives and future of people making less than 50K per year.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Old February 12, 2018, 13:51   #19
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
some of us have 30 year old kids living with us so that our grand-kids can go to great country schools with other farm kids in an entirely white and upper class school district, and so that our kids can build enuf financial basis to afford a home of their own in as good an area. as long as they are working and have an end game plan to become comfortably independent, it is a good thing to help them out while they are struggling. any decent father would do it.

Your 30 year old children should have had a decent career, property and assets before having kids, and not blame their poor planning or foolish decisions on "o'negro".

...............juanni
Old February 12, 2018, 13:52   #20
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
282 dumbass people have given them $12,816 of $10,000 goal so far.
Old February 12, 2018, 13:56   #21
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
You wouldn't believe how many young people today are like that. They have no interest in having a job and see no need to have one. Begging for money from strangers is common, they have no problem with it. Free money is considered more of a right than anything else.

Throughout history, there have always been bums in society but, this time, it's diffferent. It's more widespread, more generational.
It is an epidemic in Billyville.
Kids do zero work before graduating High School, if they graduate.
The local Forest Service offers summer jobs to HS kids and didn't get one kid to sign up.

Most live at home mooching off their parent, typically a single mom, who is mooching off the tax payers.

Zero work ethic, zero drive to own anything besides some new tats, a video game, smokes and beer.

................juanni
Old February 12, 2018, 14:47   #22
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I've found what juanni is saying to be the general rule. Welfare and child support created the problem. Women get all the funding to pop out fatherless children.

Many of them get to enjoy nice lives mooching off guys. Many get vacations, casino money, weed money, beer Monet, tattoo money and restaurant money from guys. When their current meal ticket is taped dry, they move to the next sucker. Welfare queens in Washington state live extravagant lives a working person could never affford.

These women teach this mooching lifestyle to their children. A work ethic is never taught. Only how to 'get money'.

Look at what Randall posted, $12,816
Mooching pays, these people will be grifters from here on out. With this kind of success, why do anything else.
Old February 12, 2018, 14:52   #23
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post

Your 30 year old children should have had a decent career, property and assets before having kids, and not blame their poor planning or foolish decisions on "o'negro".

...............juanni
Well, kinda. On the other hand if ya wait till you're ready (to have 'em) you never will.

The thing is you can get by on a whole lot less than ya think, and so can your kids. And you don't need to resort to mooching to do it either. All you really need is to adjust your mindset to where it's OK if your neighbor has a bigger mortgage and drives a pricier truck than you do. It's all about priorities.

And you don't have forever to have kids either, and not just on account of biology. Older parents have a harder time just keeping up with the little bastards, and likewise it's a fair bet that kids have a harder time relating to old fogeys who are not as involved in the world they're growing up in as a younger parent might be.

Nope, having kids late because you want to extend your own childhood is a bad trade. Most of all because kids help keep ya young. That said some of these knuckleheads really don't need to be having 'em at all.
Old February 12, 2018, 15:42   #24
justashooter
Registered

Quote:

...............juanni
you missed the point, troll. my farmhouse is paid for, and at 3,000 square feet too big for me to use, and growing up on a farm is good for any kid. the kindergarten class in the elementary 2 miles away has 12 kids in the K class, with no "diversity" problem children in the entire school.

if i have a daughter and grandson living with me so that my daughter can stash enuf money with her decent job to afford to buy a house like mine in a pricey neighborhood with a 15 year mortgage a few years from now, how is that a bad thing?

as for the o'negro policy of moving inner city people into areas that are republican voter dominated, and spending billions of tax dollars to fund it, increasing all crime rates across the board, and driving up the price of affordable housing by adding a glut market of section 8 applicants; how can anyone say that that benefits the native population of the affected areas?

https://www.heritage.org/housing/rep...ow-they-travel

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...to-us-suburbs/

https://nypost.com/2016/05/08/obamas...-less-wealthy/

Last edited by justashooter; February 12, 2018 at 15:51.
Old February 12, 2018, 15:56   #25
justashooter
Registered

You'll like this one about how crime is being pushed into peaceful white neighborhoods by forcing urban populations to move to the suburbs by halving their section 8 "subsidies" (another kind of welfare) in urban zip codes adn doubling them in white suburbs:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5575/...-aaron-bandler

Here’s Obama’s New Plan To Move Crime To Whiter Neighborhoods
ByAaron Bandler
May 9, 2016

President Barack Obama, in his final act of fundamentally transforming America, has a plan ready that will redistribute crime from the inner cities to suburban neighborhoods.According to the New York Post, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Julian Castro will be finalizing a regulation titled "Small-Area Fair Market Rents" in October, which will change the Section 8 housing formula from metropolitan areas to zip codes, causing the vouchers to double the subsidy for tenants to move to expensive zip codes, while reducing the subsidy for tenants in the poverty-stricken inner cities.

In other words, poor Section 8 housing residents in urban areas will be essentially forced out and relocated to wealthier suburban neighborhoods.

This experiment has been tried before by central planners in the federal government, and it has failed miserably. For instance, former President Bill Clinton implemented a similar program in 1994, and HUD data determined that not only were people on Section 8 housing unable to escape poverty, it simply moved crime from poorer neighborhoods to wealthier neighborhoods.

HUD also tried something similar in 2012, when inner-city Section 8 tenants in Dallas, TX were moved to wealthier, nicer suburbs on the outskirts of the city. As a result of the failed experiment, Dallas's murder rate is now one of the highest in the country and state troopers were needed to help the city cope with the skyrocketing murder rate.

Old February 12, 2018, 17:08   #26
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
So not only am I paying the Social security and pensions of the generation before me,but all the rest behind me? Gee,thanks.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 18:19   #27
rkad
Registered

FALaholic #: 12347
I will help them after they are out of food. Looks like he is holding at least a weeks worth if they ration it. I won't be holding my breath.
Old February 12, 2018, 18:20   #28
hardheaded
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
Yeah , what RG says
hardheaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 18:25   #29
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkad View Post
I will help them after they are out of food. Looks like he is holding at least a weeks worth if they ration it. I won't be holding my breath.
That is some funny shit there. I think you can find a pack of bulgogi seasoning for .89 at the Asian market

Old February 12, 2018, 18:32   #30
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
282 dumbass people have given them $12,816 of $10,000 goal so far.
Good on them if they can find enough idiots.
Old February 12, 2018, 18:52   #31
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
you missed the point, troll. my farmhouse is paid for, and at 3,000 square feet too big for me to use, and growing up on a farm is good for any kid. the kindergarten class in the elementary 2 miles away has 12 kids in the K class, with no "diversity" problem children in the entire school.

if i have a daughter and grandson living with me
Do whatever it takes to justify it to yourself...
You still have a 30 year old kid at home.

Where's the "baby daddy"?
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"

Last edited by base704; February 12, 2018 at 18:58.
base704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 18:59   #32
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

if i have a daughter and grandson living with me so that my daughter can stash enuf money with her decent job to afford to buy a house like mine in a pricey neighborhood with a 15 year mortgage a few years from now, how is that a bad thing?
Yeah, I get it you really don't like non whites. Billyville's rural school has no diversity and yet completely fails at academics. You don't even need a college degree of any form to be a sub school teacher.
So I am not sure rural = great education.

Oh it would be a much better thing if your daughter and her missing husband had viable careers and as Bubbs has pointed out didn't fall into the paycheck to paycheck existence, entitled 'murican, get the car you deserve mentality that most have and instead spend less than they earn and save money w/o you subsidizing them at 30.

....................juanni
Old February 12, 2018, 19:29   #33
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
Too bad those two bozos and their dog didn't make it out of the channel to the open sea... We'd have never heard from them again and Darwin would have won.
Larry
Old February 12, 2018, 19:34   #34
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog58 View Post
Too bad those two bozos and their dog didn't make it out of the channel to the open sea... We'd have never heard from them again and Darwin would have won.
Larry
The same thought had occurred to me
Old February 12, 2018, 19:42   #35
loneeagle308
Registered

FALaholic #: 3246
I wrote on the gofundme page an offer to motorboat his wife for $19.99
loneeagle308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 19:45   #36
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
The same thought had occurred to me
Yep. I would do it on a power boat with a nice diesel a backup and lots of fuel and rum and never getting so far that I couldn’t see a piece of land. These dumbasses barely got it out of the marina and are whining. Shit I’ve blown up a boat motor that cost me about as much as their rig several years ago in the Pearl River

They forgot about that big pointy thing underneath called a keel. They should have started out with a pontoon boat with a 50hp evinrude. That Rocky Mountain high shit mastering a snow board and cold weather hiking boots don’t cut it on the water.

Last edited by meltblown; February 12, 2018 at 19:59.
Old February 12, 2018, 20:08   #37
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
Work, as compulsion via debt, or duty - they had Oceans to cross! Before it might be too late! So who care's - they were bold, also perhaps ill prepared and a little 'Tupid - maybe they haven't given up yet ! I wish them luck in there endeavours!
I have no problem with them living their adventure. Asking someone else to pay for it though just boggles my mind,. Almost as much as those seeking to hasten their next attempt by contributing.

$13,500 in 3 days. PT Barnum with global access...

Last edited by kfranz; February 12, 2018 at 20:16.
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 20:37   #38
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
I have no problem with them living their adventure. Asking someone else to pay for it though just boggles my mind,. Almost as much as those seeking to hasten their next attempt by contributing.

$13,500 in 3 days. PT Barnum with global access...
Even we were sucked into their 15 minutes of fame. In the old days stupid wasn’t as valuable as now.

Old February 12, 2018, 23:15   #39
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
They'd better get their asses back to work now.

Quote:
Money isn’t everything!” Walsh told the Post.
Except when you need some to refloat your boat....

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 23:20   #40
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
They couldn't make it out of John's Pass?

Unless there is another John's Pass...the one at Madiera Beach is very tame waters.

I've been there a few times with my family. People on all manner of small boats go through there without problems ever time we've been there. It's a major tourist spot.

I'm not sure why they were terrified unless they were going through at night. During the day there are dozens of people going through the pass and all over the waters in the intercoastal waterway at all times...jet skiers, paddle boarders, kayakers, and boats of all kinds. The entire pass is probably 300 feet across. There would be dozens of people who could save you at any time if had to jump overboard, and even if you didn't...it would be an easy enough swim for most people to get to the shoreline.

Probably for the best they wrecked when the did. If they couldn't handle getting through John's Pass, they would surely die out on the actual ocean.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 23:50   #41
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Unless there is another John's Pass...the one at Madiera Beach is very tame waters.

I've been there a few times with my family. People on all manner of small boats go through there without problems ever time we've been there. It's a major tourist spot.

I'm not sure why they were terrified unless they were going through at night. During the day there are dozens of people going through the pass and all over the waters in the intercoastal waterway at all times...jet skiers, paddle boarders, kayakers, and boats of all kinds. The entire pass is probably 300 feet across. There would be dozens of people who could save you at any time if had to jump overboard, and even if you didn't...it would be an easy enough swim for most people to get to the shoreline.

Probably for the best they wrecked when the did. If they couldn't handle getting through John's Pass, they would surely die out on the actual ocean.
And Coast Guard would spend tens, if not hundreds, of thousands in search costs.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 02:36   #42
loneeagle308
Registered

FALaholic #: 3246
Thats the thing. They went at night and claimed the red and green buoys were not in the right places and the shoal water was not on their navi. Dang USCG always moving them nav aides at night to the ire of the rookie seaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

loneeagle308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 09:23   #43
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Yeah, I get it you really don't like non whites. Billyville's rural school has no diversity and yet completely fails at academics. You don't even need a college degree of any form to be a sub school teacher.
So I am not sure rural = great education.

....................juanni
buddy, it has nothing to do with the color of skin. it has to do with content of character. didn't you get that memo? it was published 50 years ago, or so.

according to google, billyville would likely be georgia. that says enuf.

it must be very sad to hate people as much as you do. loving your own progeny and being indifferent to the progeny of others is a normal, healthy masculine behaviour. perhaps you just don't have any progeny, or maybe you just don't know who they are? that would explain why you act so much like a woman...

Old February 13, 2018, 09:44   #44
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Well their gofundme seems to be working for them...

"$14,336 of $10,000 goal"

I would really love a PVS14...perhaps I should start a gofundme for that.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 10:11   #45
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Personally, I think more who feel inclined, should buy a boat - and sail away!
Old February 13, 2018, 12:36   #46
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
These kids, and all like them only exist because Darwin's law has been temporarily circumvented. Eventually nature will resume its course...
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 19:24   #47
RG Coburn
Registered

Yeah,hopefully the salvage company is also watching their "go fund me" page and the invoice just keeps going up...
Old February 14, 2018, 12:57   #48
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
I believe that the salvage fee for raising a sunken vessel is minimum 50% of the value of the vessel. A POS 28’ sailboat doesn’t have a lot of value. Prolly no insurance on it. Not a good money maker for a salvage company.
Larry
Old February 15, 2018, 11:54   #49
pierre
Registered

FALaholic #: 23206
Regardless of their snowflake attitude, upbringing, or whatever, I hate that they lost their boat. I love boats and planes and suchlike things and always regret their destruction. That means that if I owned something like a 28 foot sailboat, I'd make damned sure I was as qualified as possible before untying from the dock, much less heading for the open ocean. Some young'ns are capable of doing this (Robin Lee Graham in the Dove for example) but most of these live it from toddlerhood. These two come off like rank amateurs with an inflated sense of confidence. At least they are still alive to try again.
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2018, 19:58   #50
RG Coburn
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog58 View Post
I believe that the salvage fee for raising a sunken vessel is minimum 50% of the value of the vessel. A POS 28’ sailboat doesn’t have a lot of value. Prolly no insurance on it. Not a good money maker for a salvage company.
Larry
Here,on the Great Lakes,they GOT to raise it. If it ain't in super deep water,or the location is unknown,it has to come up. Same with snowmobiles that go thru the ice. I've been on salvage jobs where the boat was burnt right to the water line,still had to raise it. Oils,fuels,etc. really bother the USCG.
We used to have a guy north of here,that almost every boat he salvaged,he destroyed. Like,beyond any hope. And they weren't in bad shape to start with. A friend of mine pretty much put him out of business,simply by not wrecking the boats.He's good. Really good.