Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old December 09, 2016, 18:59   #1
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
6.8 SPC Upper Deal

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516444449.html

Ordered one, then they showed out of stock. If interested in 6.8 keep checking back. Seems like a smoking deal to me. This will be deer gun for my little chillens.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2016, 11:34   #2
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
How much were they asking for it Byron?

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2016, 14:05   #3
ByronF
Registered

$380, free shipping
Old December 10, 2016, 17:00   #4
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
I'm kinda hanging back in hopes the prices are going to drop lower with free shipping.

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2016, 10:27   #5
Cornpone
Registered

FALaholic #: 76714
Damn that was a pretty good price. I paid more for their 6.8 upper with the A2 FSB. It shoots decent but not as accurate as the 6.8 I built using a Daniel Defense S2W barrel. I'll have to keep an eye on this upper and try to snag one if I can catch it in stock.

Let us know how it shoots.
Thanks

Last edited by Cornpone; December 11, 2016 at 11:05. Reason: spelling
Cornpone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2016, 10:44   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I built two uppers on their 14.7" 6.8 barrels that shoot ~2 MOA with 1x red dot optics and when scoped just to see true potential they both hovered around 1.5 MOA. I have only found one deal buying a complete upper that was cheap enough to not justify screwing the entire upper together from scratch. That said, have built four 6.8 uppers with barrels sourced from Palmetto and all shoot well.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2016, 06:37   #7
ByronF
Registered

Received the upper. Looks as it should. Rail tight, accurately indexed to receiver rails. Havent ordered mags or ammo yet so wont be testing any time soon.
Old January 11, 2017, 16:04   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Didn't want to start a new thread and since posting pics of a 6.8 spc II AR, figure this is as good a place as any.

Little 6.8 minding its own business.

Along comes a can and in 30 seconds or less...

Gets dark or need to touch something farther away same can on 5.56 AR.

And even better same can twists on one of my FAL's, M1a, 7.62x40 AR, 5.7x28 AR, turn bolts and more. Waiting on papers to clear and will have a total of three. Same can, same mount, covers any of my rifles 308 and under. Heard of others using on larger 30 calibers but I don't want to blow one up since have bigger cans, just not as elegant to move from one host to another.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old January 11, 2017, 17:28   #9
ByronF
Registered

Whats the cheek riser thing on the camo rifle? Is the dot so high that you need it? Does it interfere with charging handle?
Old January 11, 2017, 19:59   #10
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Cheek riser gives perfect cheek weld with 1x red dot mounted at height for perfect cowitness with sights. If ever wonder if either is off, pop up sights and if both don't agree then something is amiss. Actually had battery go dead last week and when sights released dead center of reticle so nothing obscured. Often if taking a shot in the wild that really need bullet to land where aimed will activate sights as confirmation of optic.

It pops off without tools and does not interfere with charging handle if stock extended. So seldom use charging handle had to think for a second. This rifle stays loaded 24/7/365 till BHO catches bolt, new magazine inserted and bolt dropped on fresh magazine. Except for cleaning or swapping ammo type, which is seldom, the charging handle is hardly used. Cheek piece blocking charging handle is no issue unless odd chance of using to sweep a structure with narrow passage and don't extend stock. If had to charge with stock in closed position hand would pop it off. It's more important to me to have comfortable position on the rifle than worry about stock closed operation as its 22 rounds from empty usually and this little rifle has yet to not feed, fire or extract properly.