The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14, 2017, 10:50   #1
WILD HOND
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 68120
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 894
Plot thickens-millitary Coup underway in Zimbabwe

Seems like things are hotting up...

http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabw...babwe-20171114
WILD HOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 10:58   #2
hagar
Registered
 
hagar's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 228
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 9,327
Hopefully both he and his wife('s) will be dealt with permanently.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 11:19   #3
Story
Registered
 
Story's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7638
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,789
May the suffering of Mugabe and his stooges (both within and without that country) be legendary, even in Hell.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 12:03   #4
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,555
I hope Sheila Jackson Lee goes over there to help Mugabe.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 12:06   #5
alphadog58
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 9405
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SE CT
Posts: 3,194
May the side with the best witch doctors win...
Larry
__________________
"I aim to make mischief." Nathan Fillion in "Serenity".

"Man, I know. Ever'body funny, you funny, too." George Thorogood
alphadog58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 12:58   #6
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Gold Contributor
 
308/223shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 15405
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pacific northwest
Posts: 5,351
Doesn't matter who wins, without proper government, it'll remain a thugoctacy and a shithole for those not in power.
__________________
What if the Mystery Babalon described in Revelation, which is destroyed by the nations of the North, is actually America?
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 13:13   #7
easttex
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,851
Mugabe came to power by the sword, may he die by it as well. Would be poetic justice if his own people rose up and murdered him because they're sick of his endless BS. No bad end would be too good for him considering the pain and suffering he's brought the people of Zimbabwe.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 13:33   #8
ray55classic
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 72759
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
I hope Sheila Jackson Lee goes over there to help Mugabe.
Let's not forget Maxine Waters and that cowboy hat wearing wench while we're wishing
__________________
The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it.
Les Deplorable
ray55classic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 15:02   #9
hagar
Registered
 
hagar's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 228
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 9,327
I guess the book "See you in November" finally delivered..
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 15:29   #10
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2690
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: West Central New Hampshire
Posts: 5,502
Ironically, I got my Palladin Press order today with two Bush War books and and a FAL book.
__________________
A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.
Blackmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 16:08   #11
Retired Bum
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21904
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,406
It won't matter if a new President For Life kills the old President For Life in a military coup. Just one thug replaces another in that effed up country. Pretty much how things are done in Afrika.

And so it goes.


The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 19:49   #12
SWOHFAL
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 34346
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The not quite as disgusting RINO state
Posts: 18,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Doesn't matter who wins, without proper government, it'll remain a thugoctacy and a shithole for those not in power.
IOW, a typical African country.
__________________
Man is tormented by no greater anxiety than to find someone quickly to whom he can hand over that great gift of freedom with which the ill-fated creature is born.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 20:17   #13
SPEEDGUNNER
Firearms Connoisseur
Gold Contributor
 
SPEEDGUNNER's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43933
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Between the Brandywines
Posts: 3,512
"Let me say it again. I don't believe in black majority rule ever in Rhodesia—not in a thousand years. I repeat that I believe in blacks and whites working together. If one day it is white and the next day it is black, I believe we have failed and it will be a disaster for Rhodesia."

- Ian Smith 1976
__________________
"There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will."
- Robert Service
SPEEDGUNNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 00:47   #14
Beryl
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1637
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NE Texas
Posts: 1,330
As long as Muggles takes a long drop from a short rope I'm happy.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 13:21   #15
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
lew's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 16727
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
"Let me say it again. I don't believe in black majority rule ever in Rhodesia—not in a thousand years. I repeat that I believe in blacks and whites working together. If one day it is white and the next day it is black, I believe we have failed and it will be a disaster for Rhodesia."

- Ian Smith 1976
The irony in the whole situation is that Smith had planned full political integration of the blacks by about 1985. Of course, the "freedom fighters" were impatient and wanted the power for themselves.
__________________
Statism: Ideas so great, they're mandatory.
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 15:52   #16
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
If I had disobeyed orders back in 1978 and pulled the trigger, his whole reign would NOT have happened.

He should Thank Jimmy Carter and Andrew Young and my spotter for that. My only excuse was I was still under 21 and obeyed orders and wanted to come home and quit pulling the trigger for awhile.

Rhodesia, I am truly SORRY!

Last edited by TnHawk-45; November 15, 2017 at 15:58.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 16:18   #17
pistolero1911
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 75616
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 242
Carter and Young were but bit players. The real fault lies with the British: PM Harold Wilson, Lord Carrington, and all the other two-faced pomps who sold out the most loyal of the Queen's colonies.
__________________
Two kind of men exist: Those that wish they owned a FAL, and those that own a FAL but wish it was a Para.
pistolero1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 16:44   #18
hagar
Registered
 
hagar's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 228
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
If I had disobeyed orders back in 1978 and pulled the trigger, his whole reign would NOT have happened.

He should Thank Jimmy Carter and Andrew Young and my spotter for that. My only excuse was I was still under 21 and obeyed orders and wanted to come home and quit pulling the trigger for awhile.

Rhodesia, I am truly SORRY!
That sounds like an interesting story, maybe you should tell us..
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 17:05   #19
Retired Bum
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21904
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,406
A few minutes ago I was perusing the Drudge Report and the story is that Mugabe and his wife are under "house arrest" in the capital city of Harare. I would venture a guess that the house is surrounded by troops loyal to the general who started this "bloodless coup".

The general sez he wants to bring "democracy" back to Zimbabwe after 37 years of thug rule by the President For Life. I will believe that when I actually see it happen.....

And so it goes.


The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 17:11   #20
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
It won't matter if a new President For Life kills the old President For Life in a military coup. Just one thug replaces another in that effed up country. Pretty much how things are done in Afrika.

And so it goes.


The Retired One

I hear ya ........

once I tried to explain what freedom means to a African in Africa vs. freedom to the average middle income white here in the US, my time would have been better spent banging my head on a brick wall

it was about like trying to tell a democrat that the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution are not living documents and they are not subject to their selective interpretation as they wish
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 19:00   #21
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
That sounds like an interesting story, maybe you should tell us..
Simple story. I was a hunter/sniper. I was out hunting. Spotter that was assigned to me from the embassy was on the radio while I was out 'big game hunting'. I had an 'animal' in the cross hairs and spotter radio'd in for permission to shoot on a positively identified animal by me, the spotter, and two trackers assigned to us from the RLI/Selous Scouts. Was told NO at the last second after a patch thru to DC. Spotter barely knew one end of the rifle from the other, but he was company and was in charge. Thusly I did not pull the trigger. Call took over 20 minutes total time before the word came down.

This was the first time I had been deployed after Vietnam and Israel in 73. I also made Panama and Grenada and Gulf War 1 and 2. While I am retired now, I still get phone calls asking me to take a look at some things e-mailed to me when ever a Muslim farts anywhere in the world. I got 5 years and 8 days until I can tell them to shove it! NEVER take a commission!
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 20:39   #22
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,633
While the Vagina Squirrel plays!

It took twenty years! I wonder who funded this event, and who will be pulling the strings, when the smoke clears! Sudan, Niger, Zimbabwe - all is slight of hand while NK is being baited!
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 20:56   #23
Herr Walther
Registered
 
Herr Walther's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 11681
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: At a Launch Facility near you.
Posts: 514
Once a Third World shithole, always a Third World shithole. It doesn't matter who is in power there. Nothing will change.

How many skyscrapers are there in Zimbawbe, by the way? Aircraft design or assembly? No? How about medical research labs for something besides AIDS or HIV? No again? Damn. Have they ever done anything there except reproduce?
__________________
Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby.
Devastation to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less.
Herr Walther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 21:29   #24
55bird
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor
 
55bird's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 799
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: St. Petersburg, Fl
Posts: 1,379
Still it's got to be better he's done huh?
__________________
The very things my grade school teachers of the 1960's warned me about communism,my government is today
55bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 21:40   #25
MajHenryWest
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 11906
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,003
Thumbs down Won't Get Fooled Again

Meet the New Boss, same as the Old Boss....
__________________
******************************
"Steel is Strong because it Knows the Hammer and White Heat." - Johnny Cash, These Things Shall Pass
MajHenryWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 22:30   #26
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 101
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
Simple story. I was a hunter/sniper. I was out hunting. Spotter that was assigned to me from the embassy was on the radio while I was out 'big game hunting'. I had an 'animal' in the cross hairs and spotter radio'd in for permission to shoot on a positively identified animal by me, the spotter, and two trackers assigned to us from the RLI/Selous Scouts. Was told NO at the last second after a patch thru to DC. Spotter barely knew one end of the rifle from the other, but he was company and was in charge. Thusly I did not pull the trigger. Call took over 20 minutes total time before the word came down.

This was the first time I had been deployed after Vietnam and Israel in 73. I also made Panama and Grenada and Gulf War 1 and 2. While I am retired now, I still get phone calls asking me to take a look at some things e-mailed to me when ever a Muslim farts anywhere in the world. I got 5 years and 8 days until I can tell them to shove it! NEVER take a commission!
You were 15 when you deployed to Vietnam and Israel?
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2017, 22:38   #27
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor
 
ExCdnSoldierInTx's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 65552
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Central Merca
Posts: 6,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
You were 15 when you deployed to Vietnam and Israel?





dang,


can I retroactively change my old worn out C-46 to an SR-71 and say I was doing super secret spy missions over the heart of the Kremlin in 1967?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeez?
__________________
" .... basically you'd have to take them head-on, penetrating 4-6 'yotas per round, to avoid wasting ammo." - Enquiring Minds 11/15/15

Last edited by ExCdnSoldierInTx; November 16, 2017 at 10:00.
ExCdnSoldierInTx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 00:21   #28
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,456
LOL......
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 06:57   #29
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2690
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: West Central New Hampshire
Posts: 5,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
You were 15 when you deployed to Vietnam and Israel?
Overacheiver
__________________
A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.
Blackmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 08:15   #30
SWOHFAL
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 34346
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The not quite as disgusting RINO state
Posts: 18,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Walther View Post
Once a Third World shithole, always a Third World shithole. It doesn't matter who is in power there. Nothing will change.

How many skyscrapers are there in Zimbawbe, by the way? Aircraft design or assembly? No? How about medical research labs for something besides AIDS or HIV? No again? Damn. Have they ever done anything there except reproduce?
Rape, loot, murder and destroy.
__________________
Man is tormented by no greater anxiety than to find someone quickly to whom he can hand over that great gift of freedom with which the ill-fated creature is born.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 08:17   #31
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor
 
Nuttz's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69873
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,852
RetiredNSmilin?...is that you? F@ck we have missed you!
__________________
"He who controls the spice, controls the universe!" ― Frank Herbert
Nuttz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 09:09   #32
Tuhlmann
Sand In Your Shorts
Contributor
 
Tuhlmann's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69411
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here & There, WI
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
Simple story. I was a hunter/sniper. I was out hunting. Spotter that was assigned to me from the embassy was on the radio while I was out 'big game hunting'. I had an 'animal' in the cross hairs and spotter radio'd in for permission to shoot on a positively identified animal by me, the spotter, and two trackers assigned to us from the RLI/Selous Scouts. Was told NO at the last second after a patch thru to DC. Spotter barely knew one end of the rifle from the other, but he was company and was in charge. Thusly I did not pull the trigger. Call took over 20 minutes total time before the word came down.

This was the first time I had been deployed after Vietnam and Israel in 73. I also made Panama and Grenada and Gulf War 1 and 2. While I am retired now, I still get phone calls asking me to take a look at some things e-mailed to me when ever a Muslim farts anywhere in the world. I got 5 years and 8 days until I can tell them to shove it! NEVER take a commission!
__________________
Future Crotchety Ol' Bastard

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 09:51   #33
moonbat60
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17000
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,726
The British government and the UN sold Rhodesia down the river, for the Brits were pi$$ed off about Ian Smith so brazenly declaring unilateral independence.

Smith should have never entered into talks about establishing a black majority rule in Rhodesia.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 14:31   #34
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 101
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post





dang,


can I retroactively change my old worn out C-46 to an SR-71 and say I was doing super secret spy missions over the heart of the Kremlin in 1967?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeez?
Hey, if your C-46 identifies as an SR-71 and Whereverthefugk Canada identifies as the Kremlin, who am I to say otherwise. But, I might ask innocuous questions about inconsistencies or oddities in your story.

Last edited by kfranz; November 16, 2017 at 14:37.
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 14:47   #35
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor
 
Invictus77's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74205
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western, KY
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
RetiredNSmilin?...is that you? F@ck we have missed you!
__________________
A 9 mm "might" expand
A 45 will NEVER shrink!!
Invictus77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 19:51   #36
abbynormal
Registered
 
abbynormal's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 18513
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 408
Knowing the Afrikans, they'll be worse off than before. And they want the Rhodesians to return, so they can re-establish the economy before they slaughter them? Stupid continues to breed stupid.
__________________
"The safest place to be is behind Mississippi when he fires that thing"
abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 22:08   #37
wanneroo
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74891
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tioga County, PA
Posts: 1,042
Hopefully they end up emptying one of them 30 round banana clips of AK into mugabe, but they probably will not as he still has his supporters and it will trigger another civil war.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017, 06:45   #38
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor
 
Nuttz's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69873
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
Yeah I got all excited, but sadly it appears our new Gecko45 “hunter/sniper” does not to have the parley constitution of good ole’ RNS.
__________________
"He who controls the spice, controls the universe!" ― Frank Herbert
Nuttz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017, 22:27   #39
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
You were 15 when you deployed to Vietnam and Israel?
I was 17 the first time I deployed to Vietnam in 1970. Got to Nam November 1, 1970. Turned 18 November 23, 1970. I was 20 in Israel. And YES I turn 65 Thanksgiving Day this year. 5 more years and I can tell the military to stick it as my obligation will be finally over. Officers can be recalled until they are 70, and I am to just evaluate some things about the middle east.

As to having that communist asshole in my sights, you can believe or not. Frankly I do not give a shit. I got my time in.

Now what have YOU done? I do not live on the boards so I do not know your back ground.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017, 22:31   #40
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
Oh and what has Rhodesia ever contributed. Under Ian Smith they were the bread basket of Africa and fed WAY more countries besides themselves.

Under Mugabbe, the country is starving even with UN handouts.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017, 22:51   #41
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 101
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
I was 17 the first time I deployed to Vietnam in 1970. Got to Nam November 1, 1970. Turned 18 November 23, 1970. I was 20 in Israel. And YES I turn 65 Thanksgiving Day this year. 5 more years and I can tell the military to stick it as my obligation will be finally over. Officers can be recalled until they are 70, and I am to just evaluate some things about the middle east.

As to having that communist asshole in my sights, you can believe or not. Frankly I do not give a shit. I got my time in.

Now what have YOU done? I do not live on the boards so I do not know your back ground.
What Ive done is irrelevant,. I don't doubt your service, but your story has some holes. I'm just reading your words and asking about the obvious issues with what you've said, primarily that you were under 21 in 1978, and hadn't deployed since Israel in 73. That's a 5 year gap Being under 21 would usually mean you were 20. That makes for 15 in 73, and 12 in 70. That math don't work. Which makes what you wrote a mistake, or a tall tale. Not much room for any other explanation
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 09:03   #42
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor
 
Nuttz's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 69873
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,852
__________________
"He who controls the spice, controls the universe!" ― Frank Herbert
Nuttz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 09:15   #43
moonbat60
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17000
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,726
Getting back to the original matter of this thread, I would be delighted to see someone pulling the trigger on Mugabe and his wife and reading his obituary.

The same should happen to all others that sold Rhodesia down the river for their own personal gain.

The Rhodesians were fighting the good fight back then, and should have been supported, not choked down.

Their military actions especially on cross border operations were pretty brazen, but they worked out in most cases. I wonder if we ever get to see some movies about all that.

Last edited by moonbat60; November 18, 2017 at 14:55.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 11:35   #44
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Gold Contributor
 
308/223shooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 15405
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pacific northwest
Posts: 5,351
Well, you can blame the U.S. as well then. Our CIA had a dirty hand in supplying weapons and funding to not a few terrs 0n the continent.
__________________
What if the Mystery Babalon described in Revelation, which is destroyed by the nations of the North, is actually America?
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 15:37   #45
moonbat60
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17000
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Well, you can blame the U.S. as well then. Our CIA had a dirty hand in supplying weapons and funding to not a few terrs 0n the continent.
Yep, read about it many times. The CIA should have supported the Rhodesians or stayed out of the picture.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 17:50   #46
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor
 
FALonious's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 51017
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 3,907
Zimbabwe Army Chief’s Trip to China Last Week Raises Questions

https://eraoflight.com/2017/11/16/zi...ses-questions/

Coincidence?
__________________
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 20:30   #47
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
What Ive done is irrelevant,. I don't doubt your service, but your story has some holes. I'm just reading your words and asking about the obvious issues with what you've said, primarily that you were under 21 in 1978, and hadn't deployed since Israel in 73. That's a 5 year gap Being under 21 would usually mean you were 20. That makes for 15 in 73, and 12 in 70. That math don't work. Which makes what you wrote a mistake, or a tall tale. Not much room for any other explanation
OK, for your record I was born Nov. 23, 1952. You figure it out and tell me.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 22:15   #48
Zimm
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76302
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Palmetto Florida
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
OK, for your record I was born Nov. 23, 1952. You figure it out and tell me.
Uhmm 78 from 52 is 26 .now maybe old school chissembop might make that 21 but here in the us of a that dog don't hunt
Zimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2017, 15:12   #49
wanneroo
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74891
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tioga County, PA
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALonious View Post
Zimbabwe Army Chief’s Trip to China Last Week Raises Questions

https://eraoflight.com/2017/11/16/zi...ses-questions/

Coincidence?
I guess people might not be aware but the Chinese have been well involved in Zim and Angola for sometime with tens of thousands of Chicoms living there, running businesses, taking wives. The Chicoms have been repaving and rebuilding many of Zims roads in exchange for food stuffs.

The Chinese are very involved now with Africa and good reason for it as they need food and raw materials to support their own economy. They also have plenty of spare men to send to Africa and they are, even encouraging marriages with local women.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2017, 19:02   #50
TnHawk-45
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13892
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimm View Post
Uhmm 78 from 52 is 26 .now maybe old school chissembop might make that 21 but here in the us of a that dog don't hunt
WTF are you talking about? Only thing I know is I turn 65 next week.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files