Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 1911 Files

Notices

Old April 04, 2019, 18:40   #1
ROBNTX
Registered

FALaholic #: 79719
CMP to Prohibit Resale of 1911s Purchased From*Program

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-from-program/

Last edited by ROBNTX; April 04, 2019 at 18:48.
ROBNTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 20:16   #2
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
When I bought my CMP Garand it was limited to one a lifetime. So a CMP was a prized treasure. Then later one could buy an unlimited quantity and CMP started auctioning them. So dumbasses who’s at fault for turning prized arms into commodities?
Old April 04, 2019, 20:40   #3
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
Unconstitutional.

Hale v Hinkle USC 1906

Obligatitory F CMP.

They also have a condition of one being a us citizen to purchase a rifle.

HA...They aren't too tightly wrapped as a us citizen is a legal fiction ie a being made up only in the mind.

Last edited by NFADLR; April 04, 2019 at 20:46.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 21:06   #4
SPEEDGUNNER
Firearms Connoisseur
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 43933
A wise man (and former boss) once told me "You never go broke taking a profit" so even if the seller is only making a small amount after buying the 1911 and paying associated fees they are still enjoying the foundation of the American Way - capitalism.
And they roam the world at will."
- Robert Service
SPEEDGUNNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 21:19   #5
ROBNTX
Registered

FALaholic #: 79719
Probably thought they had evened out the profit margin with their crazy pricing on the 1911's, at least I did.
ROBNTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 22:13   #6
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
Unconstitutional.

Hale v Hinkle USC 1906

Obligatitory F CMP.

They also have a condition of one being a us citizen to purchase a rifle.

HA...They aren't too tightly wrapped as a us citizen is a legal fiction ie a being made up only in the mind.
You are retarded. And it’s Henkel, not Hinkle.

As a private business entity, they have every right to ban you from membership in their organization if they want to. Hale v Henkel has absolutely nothing to do with the article or the facts at hand.

You need to attend your law group more regularly—you are getting rusty.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2019, 23:42   #7
NFADLR
Registered

Yes it does but you just don't understand how.

It has nothing to do with membership in their club.

Pot meet kettle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
You are retarded. And it’s Henkel, not Hinkle.

As a private business entity, they have every right to ban you from membership in their organization if they want to. Hale v Henkel has absolutely nothing to do with the article or the facts at hand.

You need to attend your law group more regularly—you are getting rusty.
Old April 05, 2019, 19:15   #8
Orlando8
Registered

FALaholic #: 38748
CMP is not a club, you do not "join" CMP.
Orlando8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2019, 09:50   #9
TOWS220
Registered

FALaholic #: 51208
Meh, the "cmp" is a dinosaur just waiting to be extinct.
Old April 06, 2019, 10:00   #10
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 536
In the end it is your property, you can do what you like with it once they sell it to you, however they have every right to say limited to one per person for the life of the CMP. I would keep mine.

Anonymous
The FAL is not a "platform".
It is a lady-lookin' foreign made collection of sexy Belgian curves that intimidates the shit out of today's Pajama-boy males.
Near Sighted Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2019, 10:51   #11
Orlando8
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWS220 View Post
Meh, the "cmp" is a dinosaur just waiting to be extinct.
Right...……...tell that to 19,000 people who put in for 1911's
Old April 06, 2019, 10:59   #12
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near Sighted Sniper View Post
In the end it is your property, you can do what you like with it once they sell it to you, however they have every right to say limited to one per person for the life of the CMP. I would keep mine.
If you enter a sales agreement to not resell something it's a contract. Ask John Cena what happened when he sold his Ford GT that he agreed to not sell when he bought it new.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2019, 11:17   #13
NFADLR
Registered

The idea that this CMP organization thinks they can control who something that is bought from them can't be resold is insane.

Ring ring - hello this is CMP we are calling all of those legal fictions (aka us citizens) that bought a long gun from us x number of years ago, we need a notarized statement from you letting us know you still own it.

I bet they also want the fed governmentso SSN that SSA assigned to your legal fiction as well!

AFAIC this CMP organization can F right off.

And you jokers that buy into this crap as well seem to be caught up in a government created BS that binds you to their unknown to you agreements!

Let's see this unconscionable contract.

[/Factual rant end]

Quote:
Old April 06, 2019, 12:07   #14
Orlando8
Registered

You are guys are not understanding what the CMP agreement for resale is.You are not suppose to purchase a firearm from CMP with the intent to resale. CMP does not expect you to take them to the grave with you.
Old April 06, 2019, 20:10   #15
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
If you enter a sales agreement to not resell something it's a contract. Ask John Cena what happened when he sold his Ford GT that he agreed to not sell when he bought it new.
Who the Hell is John Cena????

Anonymous
The FAL is not a "platform".
It is a lady-lookin' foreign made collection of sexy Belgian curves that intimidates the shit out of today's Pajama-boy males.
Near Sighted Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2019, 21:02   #16
nvcdl
Registered

FALaholic #: 1312
Looks like some people are selling them becuase they weren't impressed with the pistols they received - that I suspect is the main reason CMP wants to stop people from selling them - also the constant fud fear that someone might commit a crime with one.

Pretty much nonsense as they initially limited sales of M1 Garands and then started letting people buy them in quantity - and raised prices considerably.
nvcdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2019, 23:18   #17
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
CMP was very clear what their intent was from the start of this debacle
The reason they overpriced this trash was to keep folks from buying these guns basically as shooters and figured the cost would eliminate those who would have used these beaters as pick up glove box guns

My opinion ?
CMP provenance is pretty meaningless on these 1911s
the funny thing is folks are standing in line screaming TAKE MY MONEY

I guess I don't get the big deal over these things
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2019, 01:35   #18
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I would just get an ATI.
Old April 07, 2019, 02:53   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Who the Hell is John Cena????
You must not be a car guy or able to use Google. Bought a Ford GT with contract saying could not "flip" the car. Had to own two years before selling. Ford was being very picky in who they sold GT's to and after selling the car about a week after he bought it Ford took him to the legal mat. My guess is others with similar contracts held in to there's for the two year period even if they commanded a premium soon as rolled into a private owners hands.

I am selling some property now and put several clauses attached to deed that will take an army of lawyers to break ever. Don't want it turned into a nest of houses on 3/4 acre lots so if anyone buys it can never split a tract smaller than 11 acres off the main body of propery. Yes, you can put all sorts of caveats in contract when sell certain items.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2019, 06:59   #20
Noonanda
Registered

FALaholic #: 14419
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
You must not be a car guy or able to use Google. Bought a Ford GT with contract saying could not "flip" the car. Had to own two years before selling. Ford was being very picky in who they sold GT's to and after selling the car about a week after he bought it Ford took him to the legal mat. My guess is others with similar contracts held in to there's for the two year period even if they commanded a premium soon as rolled into a private owners hands.

I am selling some property now and put several clauses attached to deed that will take an army of lawyers to break ever. Don't want it turned into a nest of houses on 3/4 acre lots so if anyone buys it can never split a tract smaller than 11 acres off the main body of propery. Yes, you can put all sorts of caveats in contract when sell certain items.
Question though, wouldnt your clauses only apply to the original buyer? If he was to then sell the whole property to someone else could they not then parcel them out?

Back on topic CMP can easily determine the guns seller if a visible serial number is shown in the pictures. So the could blacklist a person. The people buying 5 Garands at say $700 a pop and then selling em for $1200 without even removing the CMP hangtags, yeah F those guys. Thats why I have been out of the Garand game since I bought my 1 Service Grade Springfield for $525 to my front door (2004-2005 timeframe).
Noonanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2019, 15:26   #21
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonanda View Post
The people buying 5 Garands at say $700 a pop and then selling em for $1200 without even removing the CMP hangtags, yeah F those guys.
Yeah, I hate capitalism too. And the whole price driven by demand thing. Maybe the sellers should be limited to the amount of profit, you know, like rent control, the darling of the leftists.
Old May 29, 2019, 16:58   #22
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Hell, da problem with CMP is that they have underpriced their 1911s. Sell the damned things at the top of the market, as it is obvious that "speculators" not "collectors / civilian marksmen" are scooping up these pistols. Here is a list for revised suggested CMP 1911 pricing:

Rack Grade - $1850

Field Grade - $2200

Service Grade - $2700

Fight Capitalism with Capitalism!
Old May 29, 2019, 18:06   #23
Orlando8
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post
Hell, da problem with CMP is that they have underpriced their 1911s. Sell the damned things at the top of the market, as it is obvious that "speculators" not "collectors / civilian marksmen" are scooping up these pistols. Here is a list for revised suggested CMP 1911 pricing:

Rack Grade - $1850

Field Grade - $2200

Service Grade - $2700

Fight Capitalism with Capitalism!
Your pricing is way off. You can by a original unmolested Remington Rand 1911 for what you have the refinished Rack Grades priced at
If they priced them much higher than what they are selling them for now they would end up setting. They have to balance pricing cheap enough that they will sell fast enough and not to cheap that everyone will flip them. You will always have someone that has more money than sense and will pay more than what they are worth. IMO for a arsenal refinished 1911 they are priced just right
Old May 29, 2019, 21:17   #24
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando8 View Post
Your pricing is way off. You can by a original unmolested Remington Rand 1911 for what you have the refinished Rack Grades priced at
If they priced them much higher than what they are selling them for now they would end up setting. They have to balance pricing cheap enough that they will sell fast enough and not to cheap that everyone will flip them. You will always have someone that has more money than sense and will pay more than what they are worth. IMO for a arsenal refinished 1911 they are priced just right
Mixmaster 1911s are just not worth that cashola
were I so inclined I could regularly buy them a grand less than that

Seriously we are now talking decent P08 Luger cash for a rather beat up, refinished 1911A1
That's just fully on full Retard buddy.
Sorry
Old May 29, 2019, 23:02   #25
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
This cmp thing is such bullshit... should never have changed from the dcm... the cmp is nothing bunch a fookin money grubbing pile o crap...selling usgi firearms that they get because of some fedgov agreement?? That gives them or makes them the only authorized distributor for milsurp usgi firearms?? Thats a fn monopoly..... and you havs to join some 'authorized' gun club or organization so you can even buy one??? More bullshit.

I will never give them a dime and the guys hoarding and reselling...f them also.
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2019, 04:22   #26
Orlando8
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinheitElf View Post
This cmp thing is such bullshit... should never have changed from the dcm... the cmp is nothing bunch a fookin money grubbing pile o crap...selling usgi firearms that they get because of some fedgov agreement?? That gives them or makes them the only authorized distributor for milsurp usgi firearms?? Thats a fn monopoly..... and you havs to join some 'authorized' gun club or organization so you can even buy one??? More bullshit.

I will never give them a dime and the guys hoarding and reselling...f them also.
Do you have any idea what they actually do with funds made from their fn monopoly...… Its not like they are a bunch of fat cats setting around counting cash
These are just a few things they do and spend monies on. They are also setting back funds for the day that there will be no more firearms to sell. They will be able to continue for many years to come on that banked money
In addition to the below they built a 20 million dollar facility, Talladega Marksmanship Park
http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-competition-centers/
http://thecmp.org/communications/cmp...rship-program/
http://thecmp.org/air/college-connection-articles/
http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-competitio...event-matches/
http://thecmp.org/competitions/
http://thecmp.org/training-tech/
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-national-matches/
http://thecmp.org/cmp-ranges/
Old May 31, 2019, 06:16   #27
Noonanda
Registered

FALaholic #: 14419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post
Yeah, I hate capitalism too. And the whole price driven by demand thing. Maybe the sellers should be limited to the amount of profit, you know, like rent control, the darling of the leftists.
No, my point was they are intentionally buying for resale. Anyone can qualify for the CMP, very easy to do. So to buy at these over-inflated prices is dumb.

I remember when I bought my Garand there was something on the form saying I was not buying it for resale, but just looked at the current form and it doesnt have that.
Noonanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2019, 22:28   #28
N4KVE
Registered

FALaholic #: 19120
A while ago, Ford sued John Cena, the wrestler for the same thing. To buy a Ford GT, prospective buyers had to agree that they would keep the car, & not buy it to flip it. Cena didn't have the car a month, before flipping it to a dealer. Ford found out, & sued Cena, & the dealer. Cena & Ford agreed to a $75K settlement. GARY https://www.autonews.com/article/201...ld-gt-supercar
N4KVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 01, 2019, 17:22   #29
HenryIV
Registered

FALaholic #: 80384
I tried to pick one up last year

They had 8,000 to sell. 17,000 people entered the lottery. I was number 14,000 so no 1911 for me in this batch. Maybe in the next batch. I don’t have any issues with the price or the terms.
HenryIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 07, 2019, 21:25   #30
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Since they are now a privatized agency and have no legal say in commerce, federal firearms laws, or US Code at all, I'm not sure what anybody is going to do about it if you sell one after buying it. How anybody could claim these are still US Government property in a court of law after their owners paid for them out of pocket is hard to imagine. If the CMP wanted more money for these old rattle traps they should have put them on auction. You can still get a darn nice Remington Rand for $1200-$1400 from time to time on Gunjoker.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; June 07, 2019 at 21:31.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 08, 2019, 06:16   #31
Orlando8
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Since they are now a privatized agency and have no legal say in commerce, federal firearms laws, or US Code at all, I'm not sure what anybody is going to do about it if you sell one after buying it. How anybody could claim these are still US Government property in a court of law after their owners paid for them out of pocket is hard to imagine. If the CMP wanted more money for these old rattle traps they should have put them on auction. You can still get a darn nice Remington Rand for $1200-$1400 from time to time on Gunjoker.
All they will do you is ban from future purchase. Most in the 1911's are a one time purchaser anyway.
Old June 09, 2019, 09:29   #32
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Mixmaster 1911s are just not worth that cashola
were I so inclined I could regularly buy them a grand less than that

Seriously we are now talking decent P08 Luger cash for a rather beat up, refinished 1911A1
That's just fully on full Retard buddy.
Sorry
Which reminds me of a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Everything that was common and undesirable, eventually becomes less common and increases interest.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 09, 2019, 14:43   #33
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 07:52   #34
GoCougs
Registered

FALaholic #: 55095
Coming into this for the fun of it as I actually had a low enough number to receive one of the pistols in the first go around. Offered all three grades and selected service for $1050.

Received a great looking late ‘43 Remington Rand that’s got a great finish and looks to have been refinished in ‘78 at Anniston. It’s tight and locks up with out in slide to frame rattles that everyone prophesied.

Would I have been a little disappointed if I’d revived a later 80s IMI slide for example yes but I’d have probably still hung on to it. Even then if I’d decided no you can return it to CMP so no real loss.

To the people who keep saying they can buy $500-$1000 original pistols show me where. Everything in shops that I’ve seen is way more and anything that borders in that price these days is more of a mix master bubba gun than what you’re getting from CMP. Also anything you see auction wise is going for more as well. If you look on the forum the quality of the pistols has been pretty commensurate with the market value m, hell some dude selected rack grade and got a Switch and Signal slide and Rem Rand frame.

As far as their rules for the program meh it wasn’t hard, of you’re current or prior service that sufficed for their qualifications so that was easy. I’d also hazard that a good portion of people who did apply did so out of nostalgia for what they carried.

While the reselling clause if you will is a bit ridiculous it will probably change once they exhaust the first 18,000 or so applications and it’s not terrible enforceable anyways.

Lastly at least the CMP exists to receive and redistribute the pistols. I bet the majority of people decrying the process would have been up in arms if it had come out that the .gov was destroying the pistols and there were pictures of them crushing them or cutting them down as they did in the past surplus.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3VTgywa

Last edited by GoCougs; June 13, 2019 at 08:58.
GoCougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 09:51   #35
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
Geez.

Wait til they get the Thompson's out of storage and offer them!

Bwhahahahahahahaha! -sob-
Atla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 11:36   #36
mace2364
Registered

FALaholic #: 20575
Well...you guys are probably reading into this a little too much. They said that if you purchased a 1911 from them for resale, that they wouldn’t sell you anything else. Most of you probably aren’t buying from the CMP anyway. There also is nothing of this sort on their 1911 page presently.

At any rate, I was down at Anniston for their M1 class, and spoke with some of their folks down there about these. They had to create a whol separate program, with special storage facilities just to get these. In addition the serial numbers of these are flagged. What do you think will happen if these pistols start turning up at crime scenes? That’ll be the end of that. So if there was indeed anything like that put out from the CMP about resale-that’s why. The CMP has a lot of money tied up in these, and they want to be able to keep on selling them.

Congress “oversaw” this thing from the beginning. You guys didn’t seriously think the goons in DC were going to let us mere peasants be able to buy US military weapons without some bullshit, did you? All those anti-gun idiots on the hill added a bunch of nonsense when they figured out they weren’t going to be able to completely shut this down. So they added whatever obstacles they could, and they’re going to push to end the 1911 sales as soon as they think they have an excuse. But, the longer it goes on, the harder it will be to stop, and the more original GI pistols will be in civilian hands.
Old June 20, 2019, 16:02   #37
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
Coming into this for the fun of it as I actually had a low enough number to receive one of the pistols in the first go around. Offered all three grades and selected service for $1050.

Received a great looking late ‘43 Remington Rand that’s got a great finish and looks to have been refinished in ‘78 at Anniston. It’s tight and locks up with out in slide to frame rattles that everyone prophesied.

Would I have been a little disappointed if I’d revived a later 80s IMI slide for example yes but I’d have probably still hung on to it. Even then if I’d decided no you can return it to CMP so no real loss.

To the people who keep saying they can buy $500-$1000 original pistols show me where. Everything in shops that I’ve seen is way more and anything that borders in that price these days is more of a mix master bubba gun than what you’re getting from CMP. Also anything you see auction wise is going for more as well. If you look on the forum the quality of the pistols has been pretty commensurate with the market value m, hell some dude selected rack grade and got a Switch and Signal slide and Rem Rand frame.

As far as their rules for the program meh it wasn’t hard, of you’re current or prior service that sufficed for their qualifications so that was easy. I’d also hazard that a good portion of people who did apply did so out of nostalgia for what they carried.

While the reselling clause if you will is a bit ridiculous it will probably change once they exhaust the first 18,000 or so applications and it’s not terrible enforceable anyways.

Lastly at least the CMP exists to receive and redistribute the pistols. I bet the majority of people decrying the process would have been up in arms if it had come out that the .gov was destroying the pistols and there were pictures of them crushing them or cutting them down as they did in the past surplus.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3VTgywa
Just depends on region

basic flogged mismatched 1911 up here is maybe a grand
some guys buy them, blast park and slap a new set of plastic on them then list them up on Gunjoker for silly money

some of you guys don't get it at all
way less than 50% of America is online
1911s are common

my opinion it's mostly a faked up Neckbeard market on them now
Old June 22, 2019, 04:57   #38
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonanda View Post
Question though, wouldnt your clauses only apply to the original buyer? If he was to then sell the whole property to someone else could they not then parcel them out?

Back on topic CMP can easily determine the guns seller if a visible serial number is shown in the pictures. So the could blacklist a person. The people buying 5 Garands at say $700 a pop and then selling em for $1200 without even removing the CMP hangtags, yeah F those guys. Thats why I have been out of the Garand game since I bought my 1 Service Grade Springfield for $525 to my front door (2004-2005 timeframe).
Property I am selling has the restrictions attached to the deed, not the sales contract. It is registered at the courthouse and will run with the deed for 99 years after it changes hands at the closing table unless a later buyer extends it. Lawyer says only way to extend it longer is to donate it to a government land conservation program and then hope they don't use a national emergency like a war to build a nuclear reactor or airport on it. Otherwise for 99 year minimum even if sold a dozen times no lots can be split smaller than 11 acres.

Buy a house in a restricted subdivision from its second or third owner following original development and restrictions being attached and try installing a ham radio tower. It will not matter that the POA agreement was established with original owners, it will follow that development for set number of years or till someone buys every single house and gets their lawyer to break the POA so it can be bulldozed.

Guy who owned surrounding property donated 3,000 acres to state of Georgia over 30 years ago with caveats so strong they were unable to build a 12'×12' weigh station for checking deer killed on portion he donated. They have graded a few food plots for deer and fields for dove hunting but actually put the gate to property a few feet back onto mine to avoid previous owners stipulations on building any structures on the property.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote