https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=f31_1508183680

w. t. f. over
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 06:29   #2
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Dude, you get up in that part of the world, you wouldnt be surprised.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 07:08   #3
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
In other news, the baby was safely delivered and will mature into an upstanding and productive citizen.

"DON'T do business with this guy" (me) in the Marketplace.
Twenty years of (+) across the innerwebs are wrong...
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 08:36   #4
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
dude does not belong on the job.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 09:45   #5
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered

FALaholic #: 66011
thank god the un-armed EMS where there.
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 12:23   #6
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Wow. So much going on there.

Firstly, you don't need to give a warning if someone presents a deadly threat. I didn't see what the cop or apparently the paramedics saw which was likely the boyfriend coming out of the trailer with what they thought was a gun. I don't know for sure but medics were pretty concerned about the threat by the trailer. Medic also jumped in to help subdue the female which is unusual but no doubt appreciated by the local cops.

Secondly, the video description is shit. The medic didn't forcibly disarm the cop; he saw the guy was in distress and persuaded the cop to give him the firearm while attempting to reassure the cop he was OK. Notice how the medic immediately extended the firearm towards the trailer and tells the threat not to move? Medic continues to cover the perceived threat until the cop recovers well enough to recover his firearm.

Finally, unless you put people in really stressful positions, you have no idea how they will respond. This cop had obviously never dealt with anything like this and did not physically and/or psychologically handle it well. Only thing I will say is that until you have someone whom you perceive is trying to kill you, will you NEVER truly know how you will react.

The cop needs to be evaluated to see what caused his reaction and probably not work the streets anymore. This job isn't for everyone.

However, with no disrespect intended, the accents of all involved just makes you look at things like its a Jerry Springer episode...

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 12:40   #7
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post

However, with no disrespect intended, the accents of all involved just makes you look at things like its a Jerry Springer episode...

Pretty sure that's profiling!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 16:03   #8
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post

It ain't profiling if'n it's true...

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 16:27   #9
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post

It's not profiling, it's called extreme risk assessment

Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 18:48   #10
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
reminds me of farmington, nm, highest percentage of mobile homes in the country.

https://youtu.be/rdBWLeyXQcA
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2017, 06:21   #11
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
So the unarmed EMT stays with the pregnant woman to give aid,and the armed cop runs 100 meters away? EMT was smart to disarm him,but damn,don't give him his gun back until he's been evaluated. That cop wasn't functioning correctly. Give the gun to another responding cop. Kinda looked like the EMT was very near in line of the shooting.(by the bodycam angle) I wonder if he thought there might be kids in the trailer he was shooting into?
They don't allow hunting within a given distance of a house here in Michigan,unless you own it,for reasons like this. I had some idiot shoot a deer a couple years back,that was in line with my house and barn,and I was up in the cupola on my barn at the time. I heard the bullet go right behind me. Made a kinda a "wurrr" sound when it passed.Boy,I chewed that guys ass like the Gunny.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 20:28   #12
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Never underestimate what an adrenaline rush can do to folks. All it takes is a stressed out individual (who knows what is going on in his life) to get a blast of adrenaline to make his sympathetic nervous system go nuts.
Old October 19, 2017, 20:46   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
Never underestimate what an adrenaline rush can do to folks. All it takes is a stressed out individual (who knows what is going on in his life) to get a blast of adrenaline to make his sympathetic nervous system go nuts.
Bull shit. Redneck cop chasing trailer park trash? That little fat quasi semi white trash chick gave him a run for his money.

I never saw where she was actually threatening him. Deputy Fife has issues beyond the point of being a stupid hillbilly including chasing down semi hot redneck chixx with his full battlegear. He should have watched Andy instead of some Robert Blake show.

He's jealous, I would maybe hit it and he's all going crazy. Shit a case of beer, milk shakes and burger and fries should seal the deal.

As you approach 60, even white trash 40 somethings get a tip of the hat and a hello

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.

Last edited by meltblown; October 19, 2017 at 20:53.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2017, 10:32   #14
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
The woman looked like maybe a "special needs" type..like all cylinders weren't exactly firing..
I remember listening to a police chase years back. real small town cops were chasing some guy for some reason. The young cop is absolutely stoked out on adrenaline,is almosy screaming into the radio. Meanwhile,the old cop in another car is chatting along in an almost Spock-like calmness. The old boy knew when to follow,when to let up,when things got too dangerous for the circumstance. The ability to remain cool and calm without resorting to screaming and profanity is a quality I wish more police possessed.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2017, 07:59   #15
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
How many times did he paint the paramedics with his pistol?
Old October 22, 2017, 10:44   #16
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
The young cop is absolutely stoked out on adrenaline,is almosy screaming into the radio. Meanwhile,the old cop in another car is chatting along in an almost Spock-like calmness. The old boy knew when to follow,when to let up,when things got too dangerous for the circumstance. The ability to remain cool and calm without resorting to screaming and profanity is a quality I wish more police possessed.
It isn't just law enforcement...the number of medics and firefighters I have seen get spun up to the point of ineffectiveness is amazing...

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote