The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old March 28, 2018, 12:42   #1
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
AR Parts and Ammo Deal Sharing... Show yo deals!

Thought this was a good deal I got in the email today. Buy a barrel for $91, they throw in an upper receiver.

http://www.primaryarms.com/bear-cree...Ad_34_BOGO_New

We really should start a "deal" thread. I'm willing to rename this one " The AR Deal Thread" if I have some encouragement to do so. Let the hive speak!

Last edited by jhend170; March 28, 2018 at 22:03.
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2018, 22:03   #2
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

And DONE! OK boys... Run with it!
Old March 29, 2018, 11:56   #3
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post
Thought this was a good deal I got in the email today. Buy a barrel for $91, they throw in an upper receiver.

We really should start a "deal" thread. I'm willing to rename this one " The AR Deal Thread" if I have some encouragement to do so. Let the hive speak!

Thanks for the heads-up this is a good deal so I had to buy one. I could be wrong but doesn't the forum rules not allow for posting links to business's ? I got busted by one of the Nazi watchdogs for doing this once.

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2018, 11:59   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
$149 per 1,500 from Mid South. For you book guys that were interested in the AR book in other thread they have a nice looking AR print book in $20 range plus a $10 book on reloading for the AR rifle. Have them coming as well and will report on what I think once arrive.

Quote:
Midsouth offers the Hornady 22 Caliber .224 Diameter 62 Grain BTHP With Cannelure 1500 Count. The .224 Diameter 62 Grain BTHP bullets are specifically designed with precision swaged cores that are manufactured to the tightest standards in the industry. The 62 Grain BTHP With Cannelure angle and length of the boattail is unique and optimized to this specific caliber and weight. The Hornady.224 Diameter BTHP have exceptionally tight tolerances for concentricity and near zero variation in wall thickness which combines to give the shooter exceptional accuracy and consistency from shot to shot. These are top shelf; brand new bullets delivered from Hornady in a tough cardboard shipping box. Bulk bullets are exactly the same as the small quantity Factory boxed bullets. The Bulk box reduces overall factory cost by eliminating their need for packaging and we can pass that savings on to the customers.

Summary

The Hornady 22 Caliber .224 Diameter 62 Grain BTHP With Cannelure bullets are an exceptional choice for hunters and bench shooters alike. These .224 62 Grain BTHP With Cannelure angle and length of the boattail is unique and optimized. The .224 Diameter 62 Grain BTHP With Cannelure geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories.*
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2018, 14:30   #5
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

PSA Daily deal:

If you have receivers this is almost a disposable price...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...rifle-kit.html

They also have Federal GMM 168g for $20 a box.
Old March 29, 2018, 19:03   #6
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Colt AR15A4 20'' / I think This is a great deal ..... $975

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-A...e-p/ar15a4.htm
** Closed For Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot **

Last edited by fly2.0; March 30, 2018 at 18:45.
fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2018, 05:40   #7
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

MidSouth has complete 16" Delton M4 upper for $299 which is fair if don't twist up your own uppers. $249 and would neckbeard some. 12,000 count cases of small pistol primers for $319 and Leupold 3-9x for $199. Going to call today and see if able to negotiate bulk sale. Purchased 10,000 small pistol primers for $15 per 1,000 yesterday so with what have am good for a while on small pistol but not forever. Know others are close or cheaper but have "negotiated" in past if dropped large bank with them, loading cart this morning for sales rep to see what I want...
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat

Last edited by hueyville; March 30, 2018 at 05:46.
Old March 30, 2018, 18:45   #8
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Billet Lower's just in at AIM ;

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...b1525-17879141
Old March 30, 2018, 21:42   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

May order a few even with about 90 lowers waiting to build, just need to find a matching billet upper at fair price. Notice they had like 10 slick side lightweight uppers. It's the new trend. Who here really uses their forward assist? If raise your hand may want to reconsider your Chinese ammo. Have two slick side FDE Aero receiver sets using to build a pair of varmint rifles.
Old April 02, 2018, 09:42   #10
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

I just completed my latest "on the cheap" build with one of these. Went together fine, functions perfectly with their upper build kit. Nothing fancy, and mine came with that little area machined just above the FA in the pic (looks like maybe it was serialized or marked for another seller, then removed to sell here). Hard to bead the price fore a functional upper I think.

http://www.gorillamachining.com/GORI...hed_p_487.html
Old April 02, 2018, 10:41   #11
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Figured I'd also share the FF handguard I used for the cheapie build from Matrix Arms. REALLY hard to beat this price, and the quality is real decent. No armorer's wrench necessary either as the barrel nut has standard wrench flats. They have several versions, I went with the "Charlie" and really like the look. I put an 11" on my 16" build and the proportions are quite nice.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mat...s-s/186296.htm
Old April 03, 2018, 14:12   #12
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I just completed my latest "on the cheap" build with one of these. Went together fine, functions perfectly with their upper build kit. Nothing fancy, and mine came with that little area machined just above the FA in the pic (looks like maybe it was serialized or marked for another seller, then removed to sell here). Hard to bead the price fore a functional upper I think.

Ordered one of the fully assembled uppers as for only extra $10 can't hardly buy a forward assist and dust cover with all its pieces plus time assembling for $10. Also the assembled uppers looked like they refinished the area scrubed whatever was removed. Also needed some of the 7.5" M Lock handguards for my pistol builds and at $34.99 for freefloat handguards couldn't pass them up as cheaper than fleabay airsoft parts.
Old April 03, 2018, 14:59   #13
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

In today's email. I will try to kick Bear Creek biz when I can, so you're all warned. They had the Vet's day barrel giveaway, and I was a recipient. That and the receiver I bought before the election were why I "had" to finish that build, and on the cheap. This seems like a great deal if you're looking to build a 300BO pistol/SBR.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/ua3...eid=3a0237cb86
Old April 03, 2018, 15:06   #14
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Ordered one of the fully assembled uppers as for only extra $10 can't hardly buy a forward assist and dust cover with all its pieces plus time assembling for $10. Also the assembled uppers looked like they refinished the area scrubed whatever was removed. Also needed some of the 7.5" M Lock handguards for my pistol builds and at $34.99 for freefloat handguards couldn't pass them up as cheaper than fleabay airsoft parts.
If you want to do a complete AR build on the cheap this is about impossible to beat. Free-floated, melonited CrMv barrel, Carpenter 158 bolt. Dammit!!! I may be catching Huey's disease!

http://www.gorillamachining.com/Gori...it-_p_516.html
Old April 03, 2018, 16:28   #15
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

The Brown truck just dropped off my PSA 300 BO about an hour ago looks pretty nice. I was going to buy a SB PDW pistol brace from them but they sold out before I had the chance so now it looks like I'll be buying one off of Optics Planet looks like they have the best price on them.

Mark
Old April 03, 2018, 18:09   #16
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Complete Lower's $109 Centerfire

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...36e5-127940857
Old April 05, 2018, 20:23   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Polymer lower with polymer buffer tube it's not of any use to me at half that price. Steel on aluminum has enough wear between the parts but steel on polymer if run it anywhere close to high duty cycle it's going to wear pin holes oval shape and with the spring tension of hammer and trigger springs pushing on each other and don't see a trigger staying consistent for long. More I learn one of the most important parts of a good trigger is pin hole location spacing and squareness. A $250 trigger doesn't perform as designed if pin holes are not perfectly placed and spaced.
Old April 07, 2018, 06:11   #18
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Quote:

I got mine the other day with the free upper and an upper completion kit. Nice looking barrel but a deep ugly ass rollmark on the exposed part of the barrel. We'll see how it builds up.
Old April 07, 2018, 07:03   #19
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Anderson lowers $39 @ AIM

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...03252-17879141
Old April 07, 2018, 13:59   #20
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

LWRC Piston Drive @ CDNN

We all know CDNN buy's out over stock for less money , and passes great price's to the public . If i didn't have one already , I'd be on this deal .

from ; $1799.00 and up / marked down from $2793.00

https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogse...ir=desc&q=LWRC
Old April 08, 2018, 08:59   #21
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

40 rd. PMags

10 lot - free shipping

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...ampaign=Itwine
Old April 08, 2018, 11:29   #22
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Chip McCormick AR triggers $89. 24 hour deal expires 0800 CST 4/8/2018

http://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName+..._12_24hoursale
Old April 08, 2018, 13:51   #23
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINER View Post

Dammit ! They sold out fast .....

UPDATE ;
Anyone have an extra for sale ? I missed out on that one .

Last edited by fly2.0; April 08, 2018 at 14:01.
Old April 08, 2018, 13:51   #24
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINER View Post

Well that didn't take long to sell out. I thought about buying one but my thought process must take to long.

Mark
Old April 08, 2018, 13:54   #25
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

I think we must have split our post times on Mainers post Fly.

Mark
Old April 08, 2018, 14:32   #26
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Did trigger inventory, have over 60 in stock. Bought dozen of the Colt Competition milspec and two dozen of the Colt Target triggers. Have dozen or so AR Stoner & Palmetto Enhanced Plated, dozen or so take out milspec, plus pair of Geissele, pair of RRA National Match, four Hiperfires and seven Franklin Binaries as of today at work without searching house supplies. Right at what need to build complete receiver sets left. Need barrels, optics and furniture plus another safe or two. Going pick up non fire rated safe tomorrow. Holds 24 long guns but by time put in a fire lining and configure racking system guess more like 18 long guns. Want to get as many builds done possible before any regulation changes. This is my retirement (that is if planned to retire I could) if AR's pop back up to $800 for basic milspec functioning rifle. The above links have helped with few items. Will be posting a good link tomorrow if finalize my deal tomorrow as sales rep promised Friday.
Old April 09, 2018, 10:18   #27
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Anyone looking to throw a 300BO together? Complete upper with CH and BCG for $300. 10.5" is my fave length too.

Old April 09, 2018, 12:41   #28
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Anyone looking to throw a 300BO together? Complete upper with CH and BCG for $300. 10.5" is my fave length too.

This upper reads just about the same as what I just bought from Palmetto after you add on the Magpull sights and a flashcan parts. Probably the same dollar wise too.

Mark
Old April 09, 2018, 13:28   #29
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Hey Huey, you mentioned somewhere you found a source for the trigger adjusting grip screws on the cheap ($15 at Joebobs). That info you can share? Got a few more I want to install them on, but not at $15 each. Also, what about the lighter springs?
Old April 11, 2018, 11:16   #30
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Will go through my emails and see if I can find them. Remember finding for $9.99 one source then around $7 from another but had to purchase over a dozen to get that price. Have found there are at least three manufacturers making them as length of screws vary, types of stainless used varies, finish is different, some ship with thread locker pre applied, some don't.

More I have used them and played with adjustment determined that once find that minimum adjustment for shortest overtravel is not best. When sear breaks if trigger stops almost immediately it causes a tad of muzzle wobble. Back off just a tad and give yourself a little more travel allows hammer to drop, primer to light and round to clear bore before hit end of travel. While it does not take long for all that to happen if adjust to absolute minimum travel the trigger has no "follow through" which any golfer or tennis player will tell you is critical and trigger stops be for hammer falls causing shooter to pull shot. It's just an extra few hundredths to let your trigger keep moving till hammer light off the round.

Edit:
$9.99 New Frontier Armory

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/sh...ustment-screw/

$45 for five pack, $80 for ten pack, may have been where got cheaper on large purchase. Remember telling them had three adjustment wrenches and leaving out saved a buck or two. Trigger adjusters.

http://www.ar15triggeradjusters.com/

Will keep looking as know have purchased elsewhere. If people are interested, would work a powerbuy and get a couple or more dozen and then mail out in smaller quantities passing savings on to Files members who don't need ten or more. Am down to about ten now as been swapping out into rifles without the grub screw adjuster (trust the big fat grub screw more than the thin inner screw on these but have not bent or broken one yet.

Last edited by hueyville; April 11, 2018 at 11:31.
Old April 11, 2018, 14:14   #31
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
More I have used them and played with adjustment determined that once find that minimum adjustment for shortest overtravel is not best. When sear breaks if trigger stops almost immediately it causes a tad of muzzle wobble. Back off just a tad and give yourself a little more travel allows hammer to drop, primer to light and round to clear bore before hit end of travel. While it does not take long for all that to happen if adjust to absolute minimum travel the trigger has no "follow through" which any golfer or tennis player will tell you is critical and trigger stops be for hammer falls causing shooter to pull shot.

Makes absolute sense to me. When I did mine I did this kind of instinctively as I like just a hint of travel after break, this might be subconsciously why.

Will keep looking as know have purchased elsewhere. If people are interested, would work a powerbuy and get a couple or more dozen and then mail out in smaller quantities passing savings on to Files members who don't need ten or more. Am down to about ten now as been swapping out into rifles without the grub screw adjuster (trust the big fat grub screw more than the thin inner screw on these but have not bent or broken one yet.
Thanks a lot Huey. If you get enough folks together I'm in for 3, if not I'll order the 3 pack.

While here did you see my question about the springs? I'd be down for a couple sets of those as well if you have a source.
Old April 11, 2018, 15:34   #32
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

If you're looking for some primo glass JoeBobs has some Trijicons at a grand off the MSRP.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Tri...eid=8aa1baa565

Also have a pretty decent deal on Adams piston kits:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Ada...fgaa-03107.htm
Old April 11, 2018, 18:46   #33
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Those Adams piston kits are basically same price at Midway and Brownells as well.
Old April 11, 2018, 19:32   #34
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Thanks a lot Huey. If you get enough folks together I'm in for 3, if not I'll order the 3 pack.

While here did you see my question about the springs? I'd be down for a couple sets of those as well if you have a source.
I order springs in kits and individual. Mix and match kits with individual springs to make specific triggers have enough force to light a hard primer but crisp trigger pull in weight prefer for job.

Segway:
Was at LGS with the big trigger display running up and down the row of pistol grips with trigger assembly and comparing side by side. Owner who is retired Army Ranger and has multiple deployments had a rare moment to talk as I was playing with them. He said about half the people come in the door saying they were told on Internet that they needed a Geissele two stage and despite his recommendation to spend a few minutes at the test units they purchased their Geissele anyway without even testing.

Made a comment about how many AR's I have with Geissele and tuned Rock River National Match two stage triggers but sitting there cycling the Geissele next to an ALG made comment if in a high stress situation and had already taken up the first stage of the Geissele just a little adrenalin could trip over that second stage before realized had applied a little extra pressure. He said had seen it happen with SPR/SDM rifles issued and a group of people being questioned had someone shot for no real reason other than a light trigger and soldier under stress.

Tune most of my carry handguns to 3.5 to 4.0 pound pull and most of my fighting type AR's are 3.75 to 4.0 poumds. Means majority of my all round fighting guns basically have trigger pull. My long distance AR's whether built for up to 800 yard zombies, 600 yard coyotes and 500 yard ground hags have two stage triggers with a second stage drop in the 1.0 to 1.2 pound range. My true long distance zombie rifles for 1,000 yard potential shots have single stage triggers that break in th 8 to 12 ounce range except my AR 10's in 6XC which both have a 1.5 pound first stage and 12 ounce second stage.

Back on topic:
Monday will make some contacts and if able to get a quantity of the pistol grip screws for adjusting AR trigger travel at less than any advertised price seen will order about three dozen, keep a dozen and sell the rest for what I paid and then post my recommended spring combinations for different objectives.
Old April 12, 2018, 08:06   #35
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Back on topic:
Monday will make some contacts and if able to get a quantity of the pistol grip screws for adjusting AR trigger travel at less than any advertised price seen will order about three dozen, keep a dozen and sell the rest for what I paid and then post my recommended spring combinations for different objectives.
You're a good man Charlie Brown, put me down for 3 grip screws and 2 sets of springs. FYI all my triggers to be adjusted are either Spikes Battle Triggers or ALGs, if that matters to the spring setup you recommend.
Old April 12, 2018, 08:40   #36
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

It will on springs.
Old April 12, 2018, 16:21   #37
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Ordered one of the complete "scrubbed" upper receivers and pair of frefloat forearms from Gorilla Machine linked farther up page. Order arrived today and was more than happy. Three more uppers and three more free float forearms worth of happy. Also got my pair of Vortex SPARC's with pile of small parts and trick parts from both Brownells and Midway as well.
Old April 17, 2018, 10:19   #38
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive adjustable stock with cheek rest for your AR this looks like a pretty decent deal. Also available in FDE and maybe other colors if you check.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ab-arms-u...k-black-abauss
Old April 19, 2018, 15:27   #39
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Now have gotten my second order from Gorilla Machine. Their free float forearms are as nice as any I have used, made in 'Merica and very fairly priced. Here is the kicker, look at the logo on the rear of their $47 uppers below. May pull this post after the peanut Gallery all get time to see it and before the rest of the internet creates a run and they are gone. People will pay good money for spiders.

Pass it on to friends but don't share with too many, especially at barf.com or will disappear before our gang gets to stack them deep and wide. Have big boxes of SIG and Aero uppers but going to try and put a few of these back as well at least till my lower and upper count match. Still have 30 to 40 lowers without uppers as found a box with 18 lowers yesterday didn't know I had as were not in a vault, just a plain cardboard box sitting in a pile of others in the shop. Almost afraid to go on a full search for total number of lowers though if sat down with my log book and did some math it should balance out but then might have to get all in a dither looking for missing lowers if book and vault count didn't match.
Old April 19, 2018, 17:19   #40
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

You just recently bought these receivers Huey ? I see $49 but no $47 must have raised the price. I think I might buy one of their 7.5" float HG's and maybe a couple of uppers. They have some good prices but darn near everything is sold out its to bad their sold out of the lower receiver kits that have the enhanced trigger kit.

Mark
Old April 20, 2018, 10:48   #41
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Maybe I paid $49... Bought their stripped and complete upper kits to compare. As an FYI if buy the complete, you get a stripped upper with parts kit to assemble yourself. Still cheaper than sourcing the parts separately. Little variation in color on the spiders and T marks which is what I think got them in the blem pile but my guess is we know who machines Spikes uppers now.
Old April 20, 2018, 11:43   #42
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Maybe I paid $49... Bought their stripped and complete upper kits to compare. As an FYI if buy the complete, you get a stripped upper with parts kit to assemble yourself. Still cheaper than sourcing the parts separately. Little variation in color on the spiders and T marks which is what I think got them in the blem pile but my guess is we know who machines Spikes uppers now.

I wonder what brand the blem $34 receivers are that Gorilla is selling?

Mark
Old April 20, 2018, 13:29   #43
oleblu72
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

You must have bought them out of receivers Huey I was only able to buy one although it says they still have some in stock I was only able to buy one.

Mark
Old April 20, 2018, 15:13   #44
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Deal of the year, called Superior Shooting Systems to check on an order and when person apologized for a computer glitch made a comment like "its all good after watching David shoot baboons, last thing I wanted was to piss him off and get treated like a target of opportunity". Heard a hearty laugh and realized I was talking to David Tubb himself, felt like I was sitting at the feet of one of the Apostles or at least as close as possible on this earth. He was polite and we had a heck of a nice chat ending with give me a call whenever you need but on orders issues ask for Katy and she knows that part of the business better.
Old April 20, 2018, 20:01   #45
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Spring Sale @ AIM

Lot of goodys ;

https://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.a...ame=SALE+ITEMS!
Old April 21, 2018, 01:39   #46
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2.0 View Post
Including a micro pistol brace compatable with the 4.75" pistol buffer kits and a 5.5" cold hammer forged chrome lined bore 5.56 barrel plus other odd parts this link is either great or my worst nightmare. Math says (usually lies from manufacturers specs due to amount of threaded area that does or doesn't allow some parts to overlap when assembled) should total out around 17" OAL building the 5.5" barrel. I don't know if this bargain parts thread is good or totally evil. While I have seen working AR's on Utube with barrel so short when round is chambered could see tips of bullets nestled in muzzle and one where tip of bullet actually extended beyond muzzle. Looked totally goofy but it fired cycled and fired rounds till hit the BHO and gun locked open properly.

Soon as get through this micro build phase going to sit down with pictures, specs and go back to work on my AR website along with adding several full sized builds for night vision and binary weapons. Then set in on the wildcats and testing for website. Want to explore every aspect of oddness now while on this track whether it makes sense or not. Just solving the function issues should be worth the effort for informational purposes. With Utube pulling so many "how to build this" videos folks with their own sights and discussion lot of effort is needed to spread the retarded builds to the masses.
Old April 21, 2018, 19:10   #47
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Including a micro pistol brace compatable with the 4.75" pistol buffer kits and a 5.5" cold hammer forged chrome lined bore 5.56 barrel plus other odd parts this link is either great or my worst nightmare. Math says (usually lies from manufacturers specs due to amount of threaded area that does or doesn't allow some parts to overlap when assembled) should total out around 17" OAL building the 5.5" barrel. I don't know if this bargain parts thread is good or totally evil. While I have seen working AR's on Utube with barrel so short when round is chambered could see tips of bullets nestled in muzzle and one where tip of bullet actually extended beyond muzzle. Looked totally goofy but it fired cycled and fired rounds till hit the BHO and gun locked open properly.

Soon as get through this micro build phase going to sit down with pictures, specs and go back to work on my AR website along with adding several full sized builds for night vision and binary weapons. Then set in on the wildcats and testing for website. Want to explore every aspect of oddness now while on this track whether it makes sense or not. Just solving the function issues should be worth the effort for informational purposes. With Utube pulling so many "how to build this" videos folks with their own sights and discussion lot of effort is needed to spread the retarded builds to the masses.
Yes , Picture's . I must see that......
Old April 22, 2018, 08:38   #48
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2.0 View Post
Yes , Picture's . I must see that......
Have pictures of the micro pistol buffer in the "New Build" thread. Did a mock up yeaterday and after church will begin the build today. Have to Cerakote the shiny stainless barrel and maybe the forearm.
Old April 22, 2018, 13:11   #49
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Have pictures of the micro pistol buffer in the "New Build" thread. Did a mock up yeaterday and after church will begin the build today. Have to Cerakote the shiny stainless barrel and maybe the forearm.
Here's a good deal for you Huey , If you building carbine upper's ? Buy 2 get 1 free (Gas tube with pin) I got mine shipped to my door from them in 2 days

Buy 2 get 1 free ! Guys (Carbine length 9.75'') Egay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Tube-9-...53.m2749.l2649
Old April 23, 2018, 07:55   #50
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Bet I have several dozen assorted gas tubes. Hit a good deal a while back and loaded up. Plus all the MGI adjustible tubes and can build gas guns for the next two years without buying gas tubes. Might see if the guy will cut deals if buy dozens at a time.