The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old November 09, 2018, 16:46   #1
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Men:No longer wanted or needed

The data shown here is very interesting. And it just isn't the young men either.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-labor-market
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 16:51   #2
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Weary of long days earning minimum wage, he quit his job in a pizzeria in June. He wants new employment but won’t take a gig he’ll hate. So for now, the Pittsburgh native and father to young children is living with his mother and training to become an emergency medical technician, hoping to get on the ladder toward a better life.
There's yer problem right there...

LAZY. LAZY LAZY LAZY.

It's not a 'gig', it's an effing 'job'. It sucks, you work hard, you build for a better life in the off-hours.

Once I realized i had to do something with my life, I worked pretty much full time all day then went to college at night and on weekends. I had jobs I 'hated'. Yes I was 'weary' getting up early, working all day, pit stop at home to eat then race to college night school. Rinse and repeat for many years. Has no one told these whiny punks that life is HARD ?

Also, all the illegals and legal visa immigrants taking up jobs and driving down wages.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 17:29   #3
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
by the time i was 26 i had 3 children, a wife, a house, 2 cars, and a boat. i got there by working my ass off at some nasty jobs that paid well. i never saw employment as a "gig", or imagined enjoying what i got paid to do.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 17:36   #4
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Between tv, hollywood, internet, video games, schools, and key out of all of this...lazy enabling parents, we get guys like this.

Most people aren't born with a strong work ethic, it has to be taught and learned.

I learned by example from my Dad who worked hard every week of his life from teenage years til he retired. Never talked about it much, never complained much, just nose to the grindstone working hard to support the family. I won't ever be as great but I've done my best to emulate.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 17:37   #5
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
No wonder the marriage rate has dropped. Most younger men today are losers. And have you seen the gay Northface and such clothes they wear? Won’t work can’t fix anything and are afraid of guns. LOSERS
Old November 09, 2018, 17:50   #6
clodhopper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Has no one told these whiny punks that life is HARD ?
Actually, no. The culture around young people is to coddle them while filling them with the idea that they should chase their dreams. Virtually no exposure to being realistic about career choice, investment vs return of a college education, what adulting is really like, etc. Been through the end of high school experience with several kids over more than a decade, it is just getting worse. I am just not surprised to hear stories about coffee slingers whining about 100k in student loans they cant pay back, it is what the system encourages right now. Too many youth seeking to be the next millionaire app designer or celebrity phenom or rock star and NO ONE is sitting them down to explain the pitifully low success rate of those options and instill more realistic life goals.

I wont paint the whole millennial generation as a bunch of putzes. There are some amazingly capable young people from that age group. But my experience is the millennials have a higher than typical percentage of useless emptyheads.
clodhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 18:48   #7
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
I'm 80 and i don't want a gig, but i worked from 15 till i was 78, life is hard and then you die.

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

"Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.”

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 19:24   #8
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
I'm 80 and i don't want a gig, but i worked from 15 till i was 78, life is hard and then you die.
I figured you for low 50s. Life may be hard but your stories make it seem like you had fun!
Old November 09, 2018, 19:41   #9
Raggedwhole!
completely lost it -- BANNED

FALaholic #: 74227
They are lazy. Lazy. Lazy. I can't find anyone below 30 with any kind of work ethic or drive. Part of the reason I am selling my business. What disturbs me is the losers that get a ten dollar an hour job, have a ten dollar an hour attitude and refuse to do better because they are sucking off Uncle Sugar and don't want to lose entitlements. One day they will find, life is hard. It will hit them like a ton of bricks when Uncle Sugar turns off the tap. Meanwhile, in the real world at least in my region there is a real shortage of skilled labor. I'm selling my place, getting another job and they are giving me a brand new company truck, signing bonus & money over the rate. The younger people seem to get an 8 year degree in gay dance study, are saddled with enough debt to buy a home and wonder why $10 is what they earn.

Last edited by Raggedwhole!; November 09, 2018 at 19:56.
Raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 19:57   #10
Raggedwhole!
completely lost it -- BANNED

FALaholic #: 74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
Actually, no. The culture around young people is to coddle them while filling them with the idea that they should chase their dreams. Virtually no exposure to being realistic about career choice, investment vs return of a college education, what adulting is really like, etc. Been through the end of high school experience with several kids over more than a decade, it is just getting worse. I am just not surprised to hear stories about coffee slingers whining about 100k in student loans they cant pay back, it is what the system encourages right now. Too many youth seeking to be the next millionaire app designer or celebrity phenom or rock star and NO ONE is sitting them down to explain the pitifully low success rate of those options and instill more realistic life goals.

I wont paint the whole millennial generation as a bunch of putzes. There are some amazingly capable young people from that age group. But my experience is the millennials have a higher than typical percentage of useless emptyheads.
My exact experience as well.
Raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 22:58   #11
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
These persons are not smart enough anymore............simple.

If you have a knack for something, you find out early, otherwise it is WalMart for you.

If you have an ambition to be a fireman or pilot or lawyer or engineer or bulldozer operator, or electrician or Military guy..........you do it.

Deadheads who smoked pot at age 14 and killed off their attention span and brain cells, are paying the price as the filth who have no brain left to be competent at anything, even a warehouseman.
Who the hell smoked all those billions of dollars worth of illegal pot anyway? Hint hint................

They believed the lie that the pop culture put forth............play video games, listen to music, drink, smoke pot, and things will be ok.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2018, 23:13   #12
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Having a good work ethic is becoming more uncommon. Someone I know is a very smart guy, but a slacker. It took him to 40 years of age to get a 4 year degree. Never had a career. He can't find a job in the oil patch because well....when they look at his resume they see a 40 year old that spent 20 years getting a 4 year degree. NO MOTIVATION! Not what Exxon/Mobil is looking for. So he's back working for cheap.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 09:09   #13
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Weary of long days earning minimum wage, he quit his job in a pizzeria in June. He wants new employment but won’t take a gig he’ll hate. So for now, the Pittsburgh native and father to young children is living with his mother and training to become an emergency medical technician, hoping to get on the ladder toward a better life.
If this moron is expecting short days with good pay he sure picked the wrong road to travel down!!!

Long days (12 hr minimum, up to 48 hours), no scheduled breaks or lunches, low pay (I made minimum wage for years), all weather conditions, dangerous working conditions. People assaulting you for showing up when they called you. Most burn out in a year or two. I could go on for hours. I would love to see a follow up to this story, assuming this puke makes it through Basic class....Not a job for snowflakes.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 09:41   #14
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Darwins Law, apparently is still operational.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 12:12   #15
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
When I retired I was happy to not be wanted or needed and now I live life doing what I can.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 16:16   #16
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Christ,I'm 54 and still climbing ladders,and washing restaurant exhaust systems,getting fricking sodium hydroxide in my eyes and having that shit work its way into my clothes.Still sporting chemical burns from the last two jobs. And that's in addition to all the other shit that I do. I will do literally ANYTHING to feed my family. These fuggers need to starve.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 16:24   #17
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Christ,I'm 54 and still climbing ladders,and washing restaurant exhaust systems,getting fricking sodium hydroxide in my eyes and having that shit work its way into my clothes.Still sporting chemical burns from the last two jobs. And that's in addition to all the other shit that I do. I will do literally ANYTHING to feed my family. These fuggers need to starve.
That work is teh suk. There at night after the place closes and slip sliding around in the damn kitchen while it’s being cleaned up.

I sell filters for pollution control units.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 16:42   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
I shoveled asphalt that was 320 degrees until I was 62, crummy work but paid good.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 17:09   #19
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
That Sir, is why I and many, many others like you!

Time/age fraud into Army in 68, 8th grade education, after war yrs, in Germany, wife, baby, little pay in the pay check, learned first hand, and quick, do what you got to do to feed the family. No hand outs.

Cigs, alcohol, meat, butter, etc, buy it cheap, sell it high, and keep moving, quick!

Not sure where I got my best work education, black-marketing, or in college/grad schools, doctoral program.

One was far more fun than the others though, with far more honest people to work with.

Make a deal, deliver the goods, get paid.
A simple life.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 23:37   #20
hokey45
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 41407
"father to young children is living with his mother and training to become an emergency medical technician"

Why is he having children he can't afford?
hokey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2018, 23:41   #21
Right Side Up
Registered

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey45 View Post
"father to young children is living with his mother and training to become an emergency medical technician"

Sounds like the grandparents are raising them, willingly.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2018, 01:44   #22
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey45 View Post

Why not, NY just elected a new congress critter that can't afford an apartment on her own, least not till we begin paying her 175,000 a yr!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2018, 05:06   #23
Tazman1602
Registered

FALaholic #: 80461
Fuckin pukes. By the time I was 26 I had a loving wife, two kids, a mortgage and food to put on the table. I didn't have time to feel depressed or scared.

I've done some things that were highly illegal (statute of limitations has long ago run out...) in order to feed my family but in my mind, when your children are hungry I will do ANYTHING to make sure they have food....and have.

The difference between guys like me and these pukes are that in my working days.....

.....I WOULD HAVE LITERALLY PUSHED SHITBALLS TO THE CORNER AND BACK WITH MY NOSE FOR MINIMUM WAGE TO HOUSE, CLOTHE, AND FEED MY FAMILY IF THATS WHAT IT TOOK. MY WIFE IS THE SAME.

Whining little shits, I worked "gigs" that sucked ass for DECADES before I finally made enough to put away and retire. Screw them.

Art
Tazman1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2018, 08:42   #24
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Times are different....

Now, if it were just one or two - but on the current scale, I would say there is another reason - and yet unknown!
As to what is causing all this male uselessness - I would hazard a guess at - population, education and an uncertain entropy in the economic/banking system - very little to do with laziness etc..., young boys/men need a sense of purpose - that is lacking in our society. War will rectify that tho'.....

http://patriotrising.com/why-are-so-...-to-get-ahead/

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2018, 08:56   #25
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
I have worked two jobs most of my life. Even when I was in the AF, I had a second job working 20 hours a week at a local boatyard. It helped pay for my home off base and my ski boat. While serving in England I bought cars off the locals and sold them to the GI's who were coming in to the air base. I operated a small motorcycle repair shop for years as a second job. Paid for my bikes and then some. I still occasionally do woodworking projects on large yachts, mostly to keep the rust off my tools and my skills.
I hear it from the contractors I see every day, the young ones don't have a work ethic. They want to come to the job and play on their phones. One contractor I know collects his guys' phones in the morning. They are returned at quitting time. His trucks have radios so they're still able to communicate at work.
Larry
Old November 11, 2018, 09:09   #26
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
A former co-worker of mine raises 4 children of his useless son and wife. They both can’t hold jobs and want to have everything served on a silver platter.

The son is as dumb as a box of rocks and generally thinks that he is underpaid in every job, is entitled to take more days off than a 10 year employee in accumulated vacations time or sick leave. Significant achievements in his 35 years on this planet: none.

This co-worker and his wife adopted the children. He is age 62 and working 3rd shift, and he is looking like life after death.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2018, 09:59   #27
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Times are a changing!

Yes but why??????

(. a history:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYtlFoe-biY. )

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti

Last edited by Trypcil; November 11, 2018 at 10:03. Reason: Perspective!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote