The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old June 22, 2018, 08:46   #1
madrad62
Registered

FALaholic #: 78107
current market value-BAR parts

I ended up with 3 BAR parts kits[1918]complete w/barrels.Last I knew Sarco had them for around $1200.00 several years ago.I researched a little and can find only private sales from 5 or so years ago for around $2000.00 give or take.
I was looking to off them and figured someone here might have a little insight as to current market value.
Found a couple of places that sell individual parts,but figured I would get a low ball from them as they would want to resale.[cant blame them as I didnt work for free either].
NO RECEIVERS,just parts kits,clean barrels that all guage around 1 on a cmp bore guage,earliest one is marlin 1918 and others are ww2 and korea era.Some of the parts were blasted then painted to stop rust I presume.
Any emajacated guess,s as a good starting point?
madrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018, 09:47   #2
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrad62 View Post
I ended up with 3 BAR parts kits[1918]complete w/barrels.Last I knew Sarco had them for around $1200.00 several years ago.I researched a little and can find only private sales from 5 or so years ago for around $2000.00 give or take.
I was looking to off them and figured someone here might have a little insight as to current market value.
Found a couple of places that sell individual parts,but figured I would get a low ball from them as they would want to resale.[cant blame them as I didnt work for free either].
NO RECEIVERS,just parts kits,clean barrels that all guage around 1 on a cmp bore guage,earliest one is marlin 1918 and others are ww2 and korea era.Some of the parts were blasted then painted to stop rust I presume.
Any emajacated guess,s as a good starting point?
Depends, a few factors in play
Early 1918 kits bring premium money, well in excess of 2K
1918A2 kits run the gamut but generally resolve under 2K
that's been my recent experience
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018, 12:04   #3
madrad62
Registered

FALaholic #: 78107
I'll have to find a way to identify one style of part from another.Any known web sites that have that kind of information?I'm just not having any luck trying to find info.
Found some info finaly,2 of the trigger groups are marked ROT and some numbers and then Armasteel,one of them has no markings
bolts are marked ROT6,op rods marked ROT4 ,gas tubes ROT2 ,NE7 and NM. one of the butt stocks has a bent looking plate for the lower sling swivel and the other 2 are strait,2 of tthe butt plates have pins on top and 1 has a hole for a screw.No early gas adjusters. All 3 bipods are later model[with plate over the casting].I brushed and swabbed the barrels,6-44 is 1.5 me,second one is not real clear 10-?3 is 2.5 me,last one is 7-52 is 3 me. I found that there was 4 barrels,the last one M 11-18 is 1.5 me.They all have sharp rifling and are shinny.5 hand guards,one with a small chip and one with hair line crack starting.3 carry handles with end intact.the rest is all in 3s,flash hider,front sling swivel,buffer assy,springs [1 of the skinnier ones is broke],rear sights,1 unmarked,1 -4,1 -2 and are irco on spring and back of sight ladder.front sight covers,BRL and #s,C and #s and F. 3 mags with little to no finish.So its just a mixed bag of stuff.I'll do some siferin and come up with a number and try it in the marketplace.

Last edited by madrad62; June 22, 2018 at 20:14. Reason: not complete
madrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote