FALaholic #: 62143
In remembrance.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2018, 21:54   #203
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Any further word on Brother Wayne? What's the scoop?
nickmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 17:24   #204
Brother Wayne
Registered

FALaholic #: 77216
I am healing slowly

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement
My surgery took 7 1/2 hours and was very extensive. I have a 8 1/2 inch scar in my lower back that had 40 stitches in it. I am in a back brace most of the time but I can now walk without my walker. In fact Boyle came out the other day and walked with me. I walked 650 yards just one month after my surgery. Before I couldn't walk 45 yards without stopping for a long tome or sitting down. I can't twist or bend or lift anything over 8 pounds yet. I am on a bunch of pain meds that make me weird. I itch or just go flush and sweat like Hell and it effects my speech sometimes. The good part is I now stand straight. My right leg tracks like it is supposed to. The feeling is coming back in my legs and feet and I have lost 11 pounds. I can't drive yet but I get to start PT the first week of November. This is going to take a while but my Dr. expects me to fully recover my strength and abilities. I tried to post last week but I kept getting dizzy and pushed the wrong button. A wall of text disappeared and was gone forever. The Fal Files was the only think I had to read while in the hospital because I could read short posts and then try to sleep. I will regale you with druggy dreams later.
Brother Wayne
Brother Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 18:28   #205
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Certainly glad you're on the mend. The shoot last month just wasn't the same without you, and I plan to see you in April. P. T. can be a challenge, but will really help you get back in shape.
As for the weirdness, there was a time I spent good money to feel like that.
Still praying for a speedy recovery.
Cheers mate.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 19:32   #206
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Certainly glad you're on the mend. The shoot last month just wasn't the same without you, and I plan to see you in April. P. T. can be a challenge, but will really help you get back in shape.
As for the weirdness, there was a time I spent good money to feel like that.
Still praying for a speedy recovery.
Cheers mate.
DO NOT tell him we were trying to figure out how much Pyrodex it would take to launch an anvil.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 19:34   #207
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Wayne View Post
Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement
My surgery took 7 1/2 hours and was very extensive. I have a 8 1/2 inch scar in my lower back that had 40 stitches in it. I am in a back brace most of the time but I can now walk without my walker. In fact Boyle came out the other day and walked with me. I walked 650 yards just one month after my surgery. Before I couldn't walk 45 yards without stopping for a long tome or sitting down. I can't twist or bend or lift anything over 8 pounds yet. I am on a bunch of pain meds that make me weird. I itch or just go flush and sweat like Hell and it effects my speech sometimes. The good part is I now stand straight. My right leg tracks like it is supposed to. The feeling is coming back in my legs and feet and I have lost 11 pounds. I can't drive yet but I get to start PT the first week of November. This is going to take a while but my Dr. expects me to fully recover my strength and abilities. I tried to post last week but I kept getting dizzy and pushed the wrong button. A wall of text disappeared and was gone forever. The Fal Files was the only think I had to read while in the hospital because I could read short posts and then try to sleep. I will regale you with druggy dreams later.
Brother Wayne

Hoping to see you soon at Dave's shop or...

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 20:10   #208
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
Brother Wayne

Glad to hear the surgery sounded like a success. You were missed greatly by everyone. PT is a pain (for real) but you'll get out of it what you put in.

Heal up soon!
Old October 22, 2018, 23:05   #209
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Awesome to hear you are on the mend! Brush511 did a great job with the anvil but just not the same as we couldn't make Sheep Jokes at his expense
Honestly, Dave and Boyle did a good job but it just wasn't the same. You have a boyish gleam in your eye when you fire off the black powder that is fun to experience.
Point is, you better be better by the time of the next shoot! We expect something even bigger and better!
Seriously though, keep healing, keep doing what the Doc says, and know you are in our thoughts.
nickmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 23:55   #210
Flatfour
Registered

FALaholic #: 75668
Brother Wayne - so glad to hear you're healing up. We missed seeing you at the shoot buddy. I brought a bunch of PBR and didn't have a single taker which made me sad. Next time I hope I can count on you to take one off my hands- so do what the Dr says!
Flatfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2018, 00:11   #211
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Still praying for your ongoing recovery, Brother Wayne. We're rooting for you down here.

And do your PT. Sucks, but you know the drill... "No pain, no gain."
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2018, 00:14   #212
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfour View Post
The great Shlomo?
The One. The Only.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2018, 18:03   #213
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
I can't tell you how good it is to hear from you. I won't go on and on, just do what everyone already said!!!

We'll see you soon!!!
Old October 24, 2018, 10:22   #214
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Great the see you posting Brother Wayne!!! You'd best mend up, with good cannon fuse getting harder to find, we expect you to be running a bit faster
Old October 28, 2018, 15:16   #215
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Pre-production orders for the MilsurpMonkeyDesigns shirt can be placed as of now !

https://www.ironsman.com/wear/

Sizes from small to 5XL can be ordered.

No extra charge for quintuple extra large !

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2018, 13:13   #216
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post

Love it!!!
Old November 03, 2018, 16:56   #217
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Pre-production orders for the MilsurpMonkeyDesigns shirt can be placed as of now !

Hmmm.....looks familiar...

T
Tat2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2018, 19:58   #218
JonnyP
The Brit Hack
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71631
1 x L
1 x XL

Please.

Quote:

Across that angry or that glimmering sea
JonnyP is offline   Reply With Quote