The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 1911 Files

Notices

Old September 29, 2018, 10:51   #51
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
Since this thread seems to have slid sideways a bit from the original post...

Love the 10mm round. Have had it in S&W 1006, S&W 610, Colt Delta, Glock 29, and now in a Witness stock 2. The Witness is by far the best of the breed. It's a sizable handful that helps mitigate recoil. Deadly accurate as well.

My views on 10mm loads is run it to it's designed potential. That why my favorite ammo choices reflect that. Were I to desire less recoil and muzzle violence, the lesser calibers would be a more sensible choice.

Underwood is one of the best factory loadings out there. Several weight bullets available at the max designed level. One of my favorites practice rounds is their range ammo selection. FMJ economy at full power levels. Double Tap and Sig have a few also it you are not re-loading.

Keep 'em clean and lubricated and enjoy the caliber for what it was designed to be.
Uriah Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2018, 17:14   #52
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
I am an absolute 10mm guy too, love mine and i love the cartridge itself. I reload so i can do anything with it, but i stay on the original loadings where it was intended to be. My favorite loads are the Underwood 180 bonded with GDHP, although the 200s are nice too. Ive shot their 140 extreme penetrators, these are nasty. And of course, a good carry load of silvertips in urban environments. haven't shot their practice as i load my own. people that havent looked into the possibilities of this round are missing out. It can do most everything, and its not a recoil monster-although i have not yet shot the 220gr hardcast underwoods yet,lol..EAA Witness is definitely my next gun.
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2018, 18:51   #53
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
Spider, if do get one, get one of Henning's guide rods and the heavier recoil spring. Two shortcomings of the Tanfo design. Mine is the stock II with a coned barrel setup. Deluxe!!!

Still get out the long slide Caspian for some 1911 10mm shooting pleasure too. I think it got jealous after the Tanfo showed up. Got to keep the kids happy.
Uriah Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2018, 01:40   #54
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
ya, everything ive read on the 10mm forums says replace the springs, i though my glock would need a new spring but ive shot everything from the weak privi factory loads to buffalo bore and my favorite underwood ammo rounds, no issues. Now the problem is finding on, im in love with the stock III but kinda pricey for me right now so im gonna pick up a witness steel compact or full size, depending on availability
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote