The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old December 05, 2018, 12:56   #1
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Progressive thoughts

I thought this interesting because it has percentages that say that the lefties want a fundamental change in American democracy. Nothing here that we don't know but interesting how they want "Change".
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...over-the-left/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2018, 13:29   #2
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
i still don't see how this would be "progress".
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2018, 14:18   #3
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
the progressive purpose of realpolitik is to try whatever you can get away with, divorced from ethics, morals, law, custom, common sense, even sanity.

the motive is lus for power for the sake of power, or merely for the lulz of it, the end result is the same.
Old December 05, 2018, 16:20   #4
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
Well, Mao thought he was progressive too.
Old December 05, 2018, 16:28   #5
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
I find it somewhat interesting that the dimmer element of humanity seems to be more impressed with their own cognizant abilities, limited as they are, than the more intelligent examples of our species. I do wonder if there is a certain threshold of brains that are required to appreciate ones real place in the grand scheme of things. And if a certain degree of intelligence is required for a person to exhibit humility by extension one might suspect that this is more evidence that the most vocal creatures of the left are also among the stupidest. Not that we needed more, but in my view we do have it.

Somewhat related, I have never seen a chimpanzee exhibit what might be called humility, if anything they are exhibitionists of the worst sort. But then what the hell do I know ...
Old December 05, 2018, 16:50   #6
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
I find it somewhat interesting that the dimmer element of humanity seems to be more impressed with their own cognizant abilities, limited as they are, than the more intelligent examples of our species. I do wonder if there is a certain threshold of brains that are required to appreciate ones real place in the grand scheme of things. And if a certain degree of intelligence is required for a person to exhibit humility by extension one might suspect that this is more evidence that the most vocal creatures of the left are also among the stupidest. Not that we needed more, but in my view we do have it.

Somewhat related, I have never seen a chimpanzee exhibit what might be called humility, if anything they are exhibitionists of the worst sort. But then what the hell do I know ...
in the real world, it is kill or be killed; neither action requires much cognizant ability.

warfare being the continuation of politics, by other means;
modern human social politics is warfare by proxy, by way of persuasion/rational argument, or else compelled by force/violence,
the making and settling of scores, using public power to reward your tribe and to punish the enemy tribe, as a prelude to warfare.

america is one of if not the most tolerant of all social hierarchies,
as evidenced by the large number of leftists that are still breathing.

those chimps would never put up with bolshevik chimps in their troops, the bolshies would be slain and eaten, solving two problems at once, eliminating a direct threat to their survival chances, with a bonus nutrition boost.
chimps are more practical in their own way,
we can observe chimps do tend to get shit done collectively with a vengeance, when adequately motivated.

Last edited by G1user; December 05, 2018 at 19:44.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 10:34   #7
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:

This is excellent and really sums up some of the know nothing left wing ass holes in my extended family. Facebook is their cage, and their idiotic posts are the shit they fling through the bars.
Old December 06, 2018, 11:42   #8
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:

IOW, the intelligent realize just how lacking we all are. Methinks Dunning-Kruger is a model for how most operate.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 11:48   #9
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
This is excellent and really sums up some of the know nothing left wing ass holes in my extended family. Facebook is their cage, and their idiotic posts are the shit they fling through the bars.
Priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
IOW, the intelligent realize just how lacking we all are. Methinks Dunning-Kruger is a model for how most operate.
Agreed.
Old December 06, 2018, 11:51   #10
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Progressive thoughts...like Yes and Rush and King Crimson and Kansas and Jethro Tull and ELP and Pink Floyd and Genesis and Spinal Tap !

You know, thinking man's music.
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 13:32   #11
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
I thought this interesting because it has percentages that say that the lefties want a fundamental change in American democracy. Nothing here that we don't know but interesting how they want "Change".
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...over-the-left/
No change necessary as there is no such thing as American Democracy. The US is a Constitutional Republic. Sadly, I doubt that is even being taught in public schools anymore.
Old December 06, 2018, 15:32   #12
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
The Khmer Rouge is a good example of progressive "change" to the far end of the spectrum. Many "progressives" here would gladly advocate this action,here. As long as they are the ones holding the plastic bags.
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 19:18   #13
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
The Khmer Rouge is a good example of progressive "change" to the far end of the spectrum. Many "progressives" here would gladly advocate this action,here. As long as they are the ones holding the plastic bags.
In fact their (the Khmer Rouge) end of the spectrum is no different than what all Democrats and, for that matter most Repubs are leading us to. They are just not marching you as quickly and endeavor to put a better face on things. For a while anyway, but their road leads to exactly the same place.

It helps to remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Progressive thoughts...like Yes and Rush and King Crimson and Kansas and Jethro Tull and ELP and Pink Floyd and Genesis and Spinal Tap !

You know, thinking man's music.
Yes, Crimson, Tull, ELP, Floyd, Spinal Tap, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Laika and the Cosmonauts absolutely two thumbs up. Kansas, well never really could get my head around that band they always sounded like they were trying too hard to me.
Old December 06, 2018, 21:12   #14
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Well, in regards with the original topic here, the Dems could get away with it. They’d have the entire media minus Fox and Talk Radio advocating for it 24/7, and we know that if people here it often enough, they start seeing it as fact.

The only sure thing I see from this is that there’s plenty on the left that could very easily become a nutcase tinpot third world African dictator given half a chance.
Old December 07, 2018, 11:48   #15
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The time is coming shortly, when a degenerated faggoted Federal Judge says that the Constitution is totally unconstitutional...................as it is unfair to human rights and international laws............ and the BOR's is especially unconstitutional to international norms and the necessity to contorl human actions.

All democrats and communists feel that way right now, and all are waiting for that shoe to drop.
The commies obviously now want to declare that the SCOTUS is itself, an illegal cabal of Nazis, and is unconstitutional to international law and their version of "human rights."

They are banking on using total censorship as a pen dominated weapon to arrest anyone with guns, as being insane due to their political beliefs and position,s and especially for their conservative religions;excepting Catholicism and Islam, for buttt *******is legal in those institutions.

They all want to return to the way it was before 1776, when Kings, Barons and Church officials ruled the lands and killed the peasants.

You are all peasants and will probably die in the legal apocolypse.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2018, 18:34   #16
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Earlier this year, 68 percent of Democrats said that significant changes were needed to the fundamental structure and design of American Democracy.

The reason for the above is because of the defeat of Hillary and the republicans having control of both Houses.
Maybe the poll results would be different today.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2018, 18:37   #17
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
excepting Catholicism and Islam, for buttt *******is legal in those institutions.

Ummmm, I hate to ruin your day, but I think the libs have worked to make it legal everywhere in 'Merica now, not just those two illustrious institutions you called out.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2018, 20:55   #18
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
[QUOTE=bubbagump;4666386 I do wonder if there is a certain threshold of brains that are required to appreciate ones real place in the grand scheme of things. And if a certain degree of intelligence is required for a person to exhibit humility by extension one might suspect that this is more evidence that the most vocal creatures of the left are also among the stupidest. Not that we needed more, but in my view we do have it.

[/QUOTE]

Brother bubbagump, since you are "wondering" about the "threshold" of intelligence. this discussion for brought up on subguns.com and someone stated that "researchers" (I do not know who or from where) concluded that in order for a society to exist, eh average IQ of its members has to be at least 90. Any lower and that society cannot function.

Maybe some of you computer whizz-bangs could find out exactly who did this research and how they came to this conclusion.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote