The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Old July 05, 2003, 22:13   #1
JDSlack9999
Registered

FALaholic #: 10627
Entreprise receivers? The Collection Sticky!

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of these receivers?

(EvMod has changed the spelling to ENTREPRISE)

Patrick Pearse
JDSlack9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2003, 05:47   #2
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 6
MOVED

And yes, folks have plenty of opinions.

I have two (Entreprise receivers that is): an Inch and a Metric TYpe 1. BOTH are excellent quality, and required little fitting, on par or better than RECENT IMBEL receivers. A spate of poorly made Inch receivers got past a bad machine (FAL Files members ID'd the beastie), and laksadaisical QC. Entreprise (yes it's spelled weird) has fixed the QC, but not the machine, so they aren't making new Inch receivers yet. EAI has some commitments for OIF apprently, and are not making new Inch recs.

They are not DSA, true. You'll get plenty of love/hate stories. Expect this: Nearly ANY receiver made, including a few DSA, will require some fitting. First thing: screw the barrel into the new rec and VERIFY it times to about 10:30 by hand. IF it doesn't, you are going to have some intersting times, regardless of WHO made it.

I like my Entreprise recs. I had GG build one, and Heavy Arms another.

For other opinions, wait here. You'll get plenty, pro and con. And use that 'search' thingy in the upper right corner of your page. Type in 'Entreprise' and select 'Titles only' and see what you get. Spelling does matter (like size), because they spell it different.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search dammit.jpg (2.3 KB, 13469 views)

E.M. (Ted) Dannemiller II
1*
EMDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2003, 05:50   #3
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

Here's a few custom search masks similar to those I use in R&D (from whence you've moved):

Entreprise: Who are those guys anyway? (VENDORS)

Entreprise: ANY thread in Vendors that contains the word-

Entreprise: part deux (GFD)

Entreprise: part trois (G/BiY)

Entreprise: part quattre: REVIEWS donchyano

1*
Old July 06, 2003, 06:02   #4
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

Start in REVIEWS, and then go to GUNSMITHING/BUILD IT YOURSELF (G/BiY).

1*
Old July 06, 2003, 08:39   #5
gw11
Registered

FALaholic #: 2731
JDSlack9999
You will find that everything Ted said is true! With the addition of the fact that Entreprise has a terrific return policy for when they do mess up. Just remember to mention the Falfiles and only deal with Lawrence if there is a return. He is a very professional person that will stand by his word.
gw11
gw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2003, 15:08   #6
Falunga
Registered

FALaholic #: 8232
Nothing wrong with Entreprise for the price. Decent receiver for the money. It will take a bit more fitment and monkeying around smoothing burs off of the mag rails but they are decent. I have had few problems. I like them and suggest them to anyone who is interested in building one. If you are in Wisconsin give me a ring and maybe I can help with your build.

Jim FALunga
Falunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2003, 16:48   #7
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

And WELCOME to the Files, BTW.

Resistance is Futile, You WILL Be Assimilated!

1*
Old July 17, 2003, 05:54   #8
cal
Registered

FALaholic #: 10633
Thumbs down enterprise arms

they are horrible. someone said they had a great return policy. thats a crock. buy from anywhere, but not them. your chances of getting a good one go up ten-fold if you don't buy from them. i learned the hard way. i'm dsa from here on out.
cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2003, 16:32   #9
sparky
Registered

FALaholic #: 2542

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they are horrible. someone said they had a great return policy. thats a crock. buy from anywhere, but not them. your chances of getting a good one go up ten-fold if you don't buy from them. i learned the hard way. i'm dsa from here on out.

Stay away unless you like to gamble and don't mind losing, BTW it seems there customer service has gone from alright to bad.

I ask again have the guys from the failed inch group buy been taken care of?

Last edited by sparky; July 27, 2003 at 22:13.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2003, 17:40   #10
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

Re: enterprise arms

Quote:
Originally posted by cal
You've failed so far to detail your complaint. Capische? See your commentary in reviews, or wherever. But as of yet, no details.

1*
Old July 27, 2003, 18:34   #11
avanarts
Registered

FALaholic #: 5341
I have an Entreprise type III. I had to do a bit of fitting to get the barrel timed, but everything else went smoothly. I was even lucky enough to be able to use the locking shoulder that came with my South African kit. I've had it for a couple of years now, and would say that it is a nice receiver.
Old August 15, 2003, 08:56   #12
ratas calientes
Registered

FALaholic #: 1841
I have assembled two - a Type I and a type III. Search my former posts to see what problems I had. (If you can't find them, let me know, and I'll see if I can help you out.) Bottom line: both rifles work fine now, but I had many fitting problems. I would shy away from another . . . but there is still that question of what to do with my inch kit, since Entreprise appears to still be the only current supplier of inch receivers. For now, the inch kit sits in reserve for a rainy day.
Old August 16, 2003, 21:57   #13
FALJUNKIE
Registered

FALaholic #: 5461
Try emailing some of the gunsmiths such as ARS,AZEX,CGW and some others.
The ones that I mentioned won't build on anything but DSA, IMBEL or
Coonan as far as I know. Maybe they can let you know what they found good
or bad about Entreprise receivers.
FALJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2003, 21:39   #14
Thunderbred
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1393
I have two type one recievers from Enterprise I built rifles on a while back. The rifles assembled easily and look beautiful, I did the work myself. Granted I'm a machinist and fabricator, but I did little work on the recievers. I may have got lucky, there is always lemons in any production of equipment. I've had good experiences with customer service as well. Jeff
Thunderbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2003, 06:22   #15
splattermatic
"THUG" MODERATOR

FALaholic #: 2223
i've had 5 entreprise receivered fals, and have like them all...
no problems what so ever, with any of them..course i don't build my own,(no time) but the finished products have all looked and functioned beautifully..

if you have any questions or concerns call them and ask for lawrence,,

he's a real nice guy and will be happy to assist you...

as a side note, my poyer was shipped from them and MY dealer was being a dick, i called (not knowing they shipped it) and got lawrence on the line...

after a brief explanation, he says i know you ??????? from me.......
how ??
from here (the files) and from ordering recvrs......
well anyways,,, we got the issues with my dealer worked out, and lawrence was most pleasureable to work with... even with the phone calls and faxes to my dealer, unrelated to an entreprise recvr....

you catch more bees with honey, than you do with vinegar.....

and lawrence if you read this.....

THANKS for all the help with my poyer................

mark

so as a last note,, there are some who have had issues with them,, as said before, there is always a lemon or two out there,, call them and and they will make it right...
Old September 10, 2003, 07:18   #16
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Gotta agree with splattermatic. I would buy another from them.

Vince
Old September 10, 2003, 18:50   #17
FULLMAG
Registered

FALaholic #: 5089
I've got 2 Type III's from Entreprise. Had a few small problems with the 2nd
one, but it wasn't anything that Lawrence didn't graciously take care of. Very
good communication on his part. Wouldn't hesitate for a minute to order again!

If you're reading this, thanks Lawrence and Howard!

FULLMAG
John 3:16
NRA Life Member
FULLMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2003, 21:51   #18
johnnv
Registered

FALaholic #: 11172
I had two kits built on their receivers. One is inch the other metric and they function just fine. Lifetime warrenty on their receivers is a real plus. I'll be sending Lawrence another kit in a couple of weeks.
johnnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2003, 14:36   #19
High Road
Registered

FALaholic #: 9714
Receivers

Buy the way, Is Etreprise still making the inch variation ? Seems I read a thread awhile back , that stated they had quit making their inch receiver.
Old September 11, 2003, 18:00   #20
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

They have only recently shipped the CNC out for a complete rebuild. They have some government work, and needed the space anyway. Sad: I love my Inch/GG rifle, and need another receiver to make a C1 and then an Aussie L1.

1*
Old September 14, 2003, 19:37   #21
hotel triple nickle
Registered

FALaholic #: 9907
I ordered an inch receiver for one of my 2 Aussie L1A1's last june and it arrived two weeks ago. looks like it needs minor fitting and the feed ramp appears to have a unibrow. I'm sending it off to George Gouger at Double G gunsmithing soon as I finish the furniture. took a long time but seems worth the wait. Now I believe my Coonan is enroute as FAC charges hit my debit card on Friday. soon I'll have two FAL's up and running. If you're interested I'll post digital pix of the Entreprise before I ship it to George.

new bumper sticker "Stupidity should be painful"
hotel triple nickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2003, 19:52   #22
High Road
Registered

FALaholic #: 9714
Entreprise Receiver

A pic. would be nice. Does this mean that Lawrence has some in stock ?
Old November 07, 2003, 18:14   #23
'clees
Registered

FALaholic #: 5250
I've built 2 Israeli Entreprise receivers with good results. The only fitting required was the charging handle guide on one of them, but that could have been the handle itself. The only other "complaint" is the serial number was stamped pretty shallow. These receivers were from late '01.
'clees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 10:48   #24
gumby
Registered

FALaholic #: 3391
I've probably purchased close to 20 of their receivers in the past couple years. Most have been very good in terms of headspacing, indexing, general fit, etc. I generally repark them because I find their finish too rough for my liking. I've had 2, (maybe 3 max) that required a return to the factory. Lawrence has always done a great job in providing good customer service.

g
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2004, 22:06   #25
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
2 or 3 returns out of 20 ?? A 10+% defective rate ? Spare me, I don't like those odds even a little bit. There's always gonna be an occasional clunker, but c'mon - this is the 21st century ! To the point - My old ( 4 yrs? ) Entreprise was pretty good - an inch, by the way. My last one ( about 1 yr ) was a stinker. Sold it without finihing the kit. No thank you Indexing way off, holdopen hole undersixed, burred, and not quite vertical, rough edges. Poop.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2004, 06:59   #26
jimmieZ
Registered

FALaholic #: 319
I've built using a half-dozen of the Entreprise receivers - about evenly split between type 1 and type 3. About equal in the little "quirks" encountered. No more difficult to build on than the later versions of the Imbel (from 2001 to present - which have their own quirks). Seeing as how they are another US part, I buy them whenever I can get a good deal on one.

Jim Z
jimmieZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2004, 02:47   #27
fredjones
Registered

FALaholic #: 15124
about enterprize

ok i've herd a lot of love / hate stories about enterprize they made a great product and there return policy was good lawrance is the man un fortunatly there was a problem and lawrence is no longer part of enterprize i feel since this change and others that there service and product quality has suffered and i will no longer do buisness with them you cannot compare the enterprize of a few years ago with the enterprize of today its sad but ufortunatly just the way it is
fredjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2004, 07:05   #28
EMDII
Evil Moderator

Silver Contributor

f/j:
Izat just because Lawrence left, or did you have a personal experience w/ an Entreprise receiver or rifle Just curious-

1*
Old November 13, 2004, 15:01   #29
DABTL
Banned

FALaholic #: 138
I got my last inch receiver in the batch that was bad. I returned it and they said it would be replaced some months later.

I last contacted them and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I still need an inch so I will probably go for another if they are making them. I will look see and take another run at it.

I am sorry Lawrence is gone. He was an asset to them.
DABTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2004, 13:23   #30
tech116
Registered

FALaholic #: 15917
Talking

I have an Entreprise type III used on a st58 Kit went real good. Was my first time. Going to do a new kit just don't which one yet
tech116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2005, 17:28   #31
jlane
Registered

FALaholic #: 9616
Entreprise Izzy Match receiver

Just finished a Izzy HB on an Entreprise Izzy match receiver. Other than barrel timing every thing went together well, fit and finish are every bit as good as DSA. I'm very happy with it. The barrel timed at 10:00 miner fitting needed. Gun is running great no issues. I'll buy Entreprise again.

Jim Fuller
jlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2005, 14:46   #32
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I asked them if they had any type IIIs in stock. The nice lady named Lily said, "Dear Mebsuta, yes of course," so I ordered a couple. As long as they are serviceable I'll be happy. I do like the Entreprise hammer and sear. Will prolly post some pictures when they show up. We shall see.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2005, 23:12   #33
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Here's an Entreprise type III. So far it is assembling about like an Imbel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ent.jpg (92.1 KB, 5818 views)
Old April 10, 2005, 22:38   #34
Rooster
Banned (Temp)

FALaholic #: 9328
Keep us updated on the final results
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2005, 22:40   #35
vmtz

Quote:
Originally posted by Rooster
Keep us updated on the final results
With luck mine should be in this next week. I'll let you all know how the build goes.

Vince
Old April 15, 2005, 12:32   #36
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Finished mine this morning. For a blow by blow go here. It was pretty easy. I wonder how Vince's will go together.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...79#post1218979
Old April 15, 2005, 18:07   #37
vmtz

Looks nice. Called them today and they are shipping out today. I should have mine next week, will build ASAP adn post pictures/report.

Vince
Old June 01, 2005, 15:17   #38
armsoffreedom
Registered

FALaholic #: 17292
FAL recievers

Please people stop and think some before you say somethimg. It just maybe that , that it the way it is. Nothing in this world is allways the way it is to be. Or for that matter right. Things made on a machine is mostly right. I have learned that alittle loving car can go a long way. DONT condem things so quickly. Remember that we all goof. It is the same with manufactures too. I have built on many different rewcievers and could find something wrong with everyone if I tried.
Old June 01, 2005, 21:05   #39
tommoor
Registered

FALaholic #: 11305
I have two Entreprise inch receivers I inherited from my brother. He bought them I believe in early 1993. I have read that Entreprise had QC problems on inch receivers but at a much later time. I also have two inch kits he purchased at the same time. I want to build up at least one into a L1A1 as a shooter. What does anyone know of Entreprise quality around that time? Thanks
tommoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2005, 03:44   #40
BUFF
Registered

FALaholic #: 789
I know that their inch receivers were excellent then. I have inch receivers from Entreprise from just before (my very first FAL, 1990 or 1991) and just after 1993. Went together easily, look great and have performed flawlessly.

Sorry for the passing of your brother. Just from what you have written, he was apparently a shooter of taste! He left you some nice things.
Old June 02, 2005, 13:20   #41
armsoffreedom
Registered

FALaholic #: 17292
Enterprise recievers

The QC problems were in the mid 90s. If you pay attention to what you are doing you should not have any probs. The related probs I had were simple. One was bolt carrier fit, and the other was that the locking lug on the reciever was too high. The carefull us of a file and fitting will solve both in no time. Take your time and think befor you do.
Old June 02, 2005, 22:43   #42
tommoor
Registered

FALaholic #: 11305
Thanks for the replies and the note on my brother. He enjoyed all types of guns and left me over 20 guns. I have a few thousand rounds of .308 so I need one to deplete the stock.
tommoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2005, 22:51   #43
Ductapeman
Registered

FALaholic #: 17797
---So here it is mid-August of '05 now, and I can't get their website up, and when I tried to call them I got an unspecified "Your-Call-Cannot-Be-Completed" message-- what's up?? Does anyone know whether they're still in the biz, and how to reach them?? I'd love to pick up one of their Type-3s--

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.--Clarence Darrow
Ductapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2005, 01:22   #44
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Still in biz.

http://www.entreprise.com/
Old August 19, 2005, 05:39   #45
torquemada055
Registered

FALaholic #: 15170
I notice the website say's "Taking orders for another possible production run".

So there are none in stock and it's a maybe as to IF they are going to make anymore.

My Aussie SLR is beginning to think it will never make it breathing flame and snorting bullets.......

I know, let's abolish the Fed, get out of the u.n. and kick them out of the country, close our borders and deport all illegals, bring every military member back home and close all foreign military bases.
Cut ALL tax rates personal and business to 11%, abolish all unconstitutional federal agencies.
It'll hurt but it would help us as a country.
torquemada055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2005, 21:29   #46
Prototype Services
Registered

FALaholic #: 3935
I got an email from Lily, they shipped 4 more to me today!
Dave
Old September 05, 2005, 21:30   #47
Tomovich
Registered

FALaholic #: 8814
I had an Entreprise to build an StG 58 on back in 95 or so. Gawd! The build from hell. Everything needed to be redone, adjusted, filed, machined, it was horrible but I finally got it to work perfect and then sold the rifle ASAP. Since then I built two gear logo Imbels (perfect) and one Coonan (perfect). I'm finishing up another Coonan right now. They are NICE!! Looks like I'll need about three more of these puppies though. If you guys think the new Entreprises have improved that much I may buy a couple. Otherwise maybe wait for an Imbel or Coonan.

How do the Entreprises compare with the Century's??? They're pretty darn inexpensive!!! What do you think of them?? What "extra work" do they need to function??

Kalashnikov Collector's Association and FAL addict
Tomovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2005, 01:03   #48
Rivaltm
Registered

FALaholic #: 10402
would it be legal to go back over their "Engraving" with an engraving machine? that dot matrix writing looks horrible to me
Rivaltm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2005, 11:22   #49
Tomovich
Registered

As long as the serial number is there, the manufacture's name is there (and I think the caliber?) and it's all permanent you can do whatever you like.

Now again, I'm asking if anyone knows what mods were necessary to use a CAI receiver for a build?? Anything specifically wrong with them?? TIA

Old September 19, 2005, 16:16   #50
Tomovich
Registered

I now have two Entreprise type III metric and one Century Inch receiver on their way here. We shall see how these babies go together and I'll gladly report details here later on....................