The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old September 03, 2018, 19:12   #1
falmouth308
Registered

FALaholic #: 19133
FLIR with Boson Detector - Anyone?

FLIR Thermosight Pro PTS233 1.5-6x19mm Thermal Imaging Rifle Scope with Boson 320x256 12 micron 60Hz Core $2,200

This scope/imager seems to be the detector improvement I have been told to wait on and it has good reviews and price within the range of my intrest. The noise floor seems close to others that cost $4,000 and it has the 10 year warranty on the detector.

Anyone here have close hands on with the Boson detector from FLIR. I would like to know if the improvement in sensor pitch allows for identification of vehicle and LBE type.
Old September 08, 2018, 17:28   #2
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Can't answer your question but thanks for posting that. I went looking at the flir website and I'm pretty sure I'll get in trouble financially now.
Old September 12, 2018, 09:35   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
My wife may kill me long before the zombies show up. If one pops up NIB a week following my funeral will be obvious what went down.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2018, 22:15   #4
FNfreak
Registered

FALaholic #: 1081
Because of this thread I ended buying a Pulsar Trail Qx38....damnit. Sometimes my WIFE hates this forum...!!

Looked at the FLIR. Nice unit especially for the money. Probably the best intro level Thermal out there. For a little more, the Pulsar had a lot more features and image quality. The PIP feature is also very cool. It boiled down to the FLIR or PULSAR and I spent a little extra but got a lot more scope for the money.

Thermal prices are dropping rapidly. Totally game changing optics (night OR DAY) unlike IR. Changes the way I look at hunting and self defense 100%.
FNfreak is online now   Reply With Quote