The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2019, 06:14   #1
Bubacus
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13971
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,531
Lisa Page admits Obama DOJ Stand Down on Hillary Email Prosecution

Not that this is a suprise, but finally an admission of guilt:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-...n-gop-rep-says

Lisa Page admitted Obama DOJ ordered stand-down on Clinton email prosecution, GOP rep says

Part of the story:

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page admitted under questioning from Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe last summer that "the FBI was ordered by the Obama DOJ not to consider charging Hillary Clinton for gross negligence in the handling of classified information," the congressman alleged in a social media post late Tuesday, citing a newly unearthed transcript of Page's closed-door testimony.

Page and since-fired FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok exchanged numerous anti-Trump text messages in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election, and Republicans have long accused the bureau of political bias. But Page's testimony was perhaps the most salient evidence yet that the Justice Department improperly interfered with the FBI's supposedly independent conclusions on Clinton's criminal culpability, Ratcliffe alleged.

"So let me if I can, I know I’m testing your memory," Ratcliffe began as he questioned Page under oath, according to a transcript excerpt he posted on Twitter. "But when you say advice you got from the Department, you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to —"

Page interrupted: "That is correct," as Ratcliffe finished his sentence, " -- bring a case based on that."

The document dump was part of a major release by House Judiciary Committee Republicans, who on Tuesday released hundreds of pages of transcripts from last year's closed-door interview with Page, revealing new details about the bureau's controversial internal discussions regarding an “insurance policy” against then-candidate Donald Trump. Fox News has previously reviewed portions of Page's testimony.

Page also testified that the DOJ and FBI had "multiple conversations ... about charging gross negligence," and the DOJ decided that the term was "constitutionally vague" and "had either never been done or had only been done once like 99 years ago," and so "they did not feel they could sustain a charge."

In July 2016, then-FBI Director James Comey publicly announced at a bombshell press conference that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in handling classified information, but insisted that "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against her.

Federal law states that "gross negligence" in handling the nation’s intelligence can be punished criminally with prison time or fines, and there is no requirement that defendants act intentionally or recklessly.

Originally Comey accused the former secretary of state of being “grossly negligent” in handling classified information in a draft dated May 2, 2016, but that was modified to claim that Clinton had merely been “extremely careless” in a draft dated June 10, 2016.

Comey also said that "although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

He added that "prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges," including "the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent."


Comey took the unusual step of holding a press conference and announcing the FBI's purportedly independent conclusions because then-Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch was spotted meeting secretly with former President Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac as the probe into Hillary Clinton, which Lynch was overseeing, continued.

Comey's conclusion that "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against Clinton has become the subject of significant debate in recent weeks. It was revealed last month that FBI's top lawyer in 2016 thought Hillary Clinton and her team should have immediately realized they were mishandling "highly classified" information based on the obviously sensitive nature of the emails' contents sent through her private server.
__________________
Bubacus
Bubacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 07:08   #2
John A
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 73828
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NOT california
Posts: 1,290
Wake me up when they finally arrest her.

Even as much as I think they should, it's not gonna happen.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 07:21   #3
sniperdoc
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80483
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: TN
Posts: 626
There will be no investigation
sniperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 07:25   #4
garandguy10
Registered
 
garandguy10's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10840
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: some where
Posts: 3,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
There will be no investigation
Yep.
garandguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 08:25   #5
357ross
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 47543
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,335
Yeah I'm sure AG Barr is all over this. Not.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 08:37   #6
easttex
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
easttex's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Addison, Tx
Posts: 3,695
This is probably some of the leverage Trump has over the Dems against his possible legal troubles.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 10:15   #7
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,430
Look, we all have known from the start, that the corrupt SOB, born in Kenya, along with Lynch, were protecting Hillary, and using the full power of the Intell and Justice systems to attack Trump.

Page just confirmed it again, and people in DC ignore it.... like it was just a friggin weather report.

The entire DNC, and members, are wanna be dukes, barons and royalty abusing the system to control the peasants, like in 1600's France.

That is has all been exposed, is amazing in itself.

What happens when a fuse is lit? Eventually the bomb goes off.

You cannot ruin Obama or Hillary's or Nadler's reputations; animals all.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 11:57   #8
bubbagump
Registered
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 10,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Look, we all have known from the start, that the corrupt SOB, born in Kenya, along with Lynch, were protecting Hillary, and using the full power of the Intell and Justice systems to attack Trump.

Page just confirmed it again, and people in DC ignore it.... like it was just a friggin weather report.

The entire DNC, and members, are wanna be dukes, barons and royalty abusing the system to control the peasants, like in 1600's France.

That is has all been exposed, is amazing in itself.

What happens when a fuse is lit? Eventually the bomb goes off.

You cannot ruin Obama or Hillary's or Nadler's reputations; animals all.
They are simply human garbage. All of 'em.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 12:21   #9
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas on the Brazos
Posts: 26,660
A Attorney General without his head up his ass can see some criminality,,,, we'll see.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 12:40   #10
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 20,984
I doubt the ruling class will go after themselves on graft or corruption. They would cut each others throat in a heartbeat if they could get more power but they won't bring justice to the table.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 13:19   #11
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
...
Comey's conclusion that "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against Clinton ...
comey was correct in that statement:
no prosecutor would bring a case -- not because of the illegal/crimnal shit she was doing, but because of who she was, quite literally above the law.

because "the law" is only for the little people.

little people just like you.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 07:56   #12
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,470
It must be nice to know that no matter what crime you committed under any circumstances no one would prosecute you. This is truly a government for the Demacrates by the Demacrates. How much water would you have to release
before you could fish the swamp again safely.....

Look at Menedez for instance......still at work for the Demacrate party.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 09:22   #13
bubbagump
Registered
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 10,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
A Attorney General without his head up his ass can see some criminality,,,, we'll see.
Oh, they can see it alright. A blind man can see it. The thing is, they're part of it. All of 'em. Every last stinking, rotten, no-good, slimeball teat-sucking one of 'em is part of this. Fully aware, complicit and in too deep to quit. This is what folks need to get their heads around, this whole government is as rotten at the core as it appears on the surface. Perhaps even more so.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 11:51   #14
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Oh, they can see it alright. A blind man can see it. The thing is, they're part of it. All of 'em. Every last stinking, rotten, no-good, slimeball teat-sucking one of 'em is part of this. Fully aware, complicit and in too deep to quit. This is what folks need to get their heads around, this whole government is as rotten at the core as it appears on the surface. Perhaps even more so.
yes, too deep to ever quit-

too deep for anything other than double down.


the ring of power utterly corrupts everyone who wears it-- it even corrupts most of weak will who are simply in close proximity, not even putting it on.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 11:55   #15
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
Yeah I'm sure AG Barr is all over this. Not.
Reclining and asleep in Jughead Jeff Sessions old Barcalounger.


They will wake him up when it is time for him to announce they have stopped another precooked 'terrorism plot' complete with phony FBI provided WMDs and the usual assortment of dimwitted, stoned and drunk patsies.

ps.... the public was never in any danger.




................juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 12:26   #16
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
still the matter of the collusion over the fake steele dossier, the fabrication used to obtain the series of illegal FISA court spy warrants against Trump and his family,
used to extort the POTUS and to influence the 2018 election.

this collusion web is a much bigger problem than just Shitlery.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 12:37   #17
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
still the matter of the collusion over the fake steele dossier, the fabrication used to obtain the series of illegal FISA court spy warrants against Trump and his family,
used to extort the POTUS and to influence the 2018 election.

this collusion web is a much bigger problem than just Shitlery.
Agreed, but Trump just keeps picking from the swamp I can't see anyone, least of all a big fish doing the perp walk.



...............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 12:46   #18
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Agreed, but Trump just keeps picking from the swamp I can't see anyone, least of all a big fish doing the perp walk.



...............juanni
if only we had listened to you, and put bernie or Shitlery in power instead of Trump, then all the problems would be solved....
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 13:29   #19
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
if only we had listened to you, and put bernie or Shitlery in power instead of Trump, then all the problems would be solved....
I voted for Trump hopeful that even w/o a track record he would at least try and do the big items he ran on.

But instead of draining the swamp he hires and promotes from it.
Instead of getting out of Afghanistan and Syria, he starts a new front in Venezula.
Instead for purging the Neocons he has them running State.
Instead of reducing spending he opens the spigot wide open.
Instead of reducing the deficit he heaps a pile more on.

Been there 2 years and like Bush before him hasn't found the veto pen.

Ain't going to be no wall.

Done with the Donald.




.............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 13:36   #20
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
I voted for Trump hopeful that even w/o a track record he would at least try and do the big items he ran on.

But instead of draining the swamp he hires and promotes from it.
Instead of getting out of Afghanistan and Syria, he starts a new front in Venezula.
Instead for purging the Neocons he has them running State.
Instead of reducing spending he opens the spigot wide open.
Instead of reducing the deficit he heaps a pile more on.

Been there 2 years and like Bush before him hasn't found the veto pen.

Ain't going to be no wall.

Done with the Donald.




.............juanni
if you expect one guy to somehow correct the deep state,
then you are delusional.

one guy did not make this mess, there is no one guy that is ever going to fix it.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 15:10   #21
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
if you expect one guy to somehow correct the deep state,
then you are delusional.

one guy did not make this mess, there is no one guy that is ever going to fix it.

True, but he could have stopped recruiting from the Deep State.

Bolton? Abrams?? Haspel??? Come on.



.............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 15:20   #22
Black Blade
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 76490
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Springville/USA
Posts: 1,676
There are laws for Conservatives and no laws for Liberals.

That's just the way it is.
__________________
Black Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 17:44   #23
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
True, but he could have stopped recruiting from the Deep State.

Bolton? Abrams?? Haspel??? Come on.



.............juanni
just in:

deep state senate votes 59-41 against Trump to deny the border crisis--

https://www.apnews.com/57d35e5635dd47b3a736d2fbe0066e05

and this is Trumps' "fault" how, exactly?
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 18:12   #24
Seaweed
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2736
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Newport, OR
Posts: 2,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
comey was correct in that statement:
no prosecutor would bring a case -- not because of the illegal/crimnal shit she was doing, but because of who she was, quite literally above the law.

because "the law" is only for the little people.

little people just like you.
And they like living too much.
Seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 18:50   #25
Whydah
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 74237
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 1,277
Nothing is ever going to happen to those people. Evidence abounds of unconstitutional overreach of various federal agencies and nothing is ever done, nor will it be. They are the 'ruling class'. They believe they are better than us dirt grubbing serfs they have to address every two, four, or six years in the theater that votes really matter. We sit on our asses and do nothing while armed to the teeth for many, awaiting our demise as they come for us one and two at a time to confiscate our rights and declare us guilty until we prove or innocence. Anyone doubt the two-tiered justice system only need look ant the POS Justin Fairfax in Virginia, accused of sexual assault and rape by two different women. Remember the Kavinaugh hearings? What have your heard about this Fairfax Pos lately?
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 19:39   #26
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
And they like living too much.
yes, there has been a lot of arkancide in the recent past.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 20:55   #27
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
just in:

deep state senate votes 59-41 against Trump to deny the border crisis--

https://www.apnews.com/57d35e5635dd47b3a736d2fbe0066e05

and this is Trumps' "fault" how, exactly?
As Judge Nappy has stated, Trump's Emergency wall bit won't pass the courts.
This vote is just one more nail in that coffin, by the Senate overwhelmingly stating it isn't an emergency and they ain't funding it
^This will be used as another piece of evidence that Congress does not approve spending money on the wall.
And like it or not as Judge Nappy has pointed out, Congress controls the purse stings.
^ No need getting mad at me, it is just how it will turn out to be.

Trumps fault was signing off on big bloated spending bills w/o a wall.
Now he has no leverage.




.................juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 21:01   #28
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 5,552
I would be interested in seeing a non gubernant investigation of the hileri/dumbo data, a serious ‘mock’ event, that considered all the evidence, an unofficial civil peoples court as it were - if at all possible- done in camera, as the Brits say.
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 22:28   #29
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
As Judge Nappy has stated, Trump's Emergency wall bit won't pass the courts....
and comey was right when he stated the hag would not be prosecuted because she is above the law.

talking in circles.



trump is one guy, if you somehow expect that one guy to jump through your hoops for you, then best get used to disappointment,
it does not work that way.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 07:30   #30
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas on the Brazos
Posts: 26,660
Trump has the authority to declassify all testimony and documents, and remove all mystery,,, my theory is he wants the resistance to keep a sympathetic course headway.
Democrats have examined everything but the sweat on Trumps balls.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 08:47   #31
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 66011
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Trump has the authority to declassify all testimony and documents, and remove all mystery,,, my theory is he wants the resistance to keep a sympathetic course headway.
Democrats have examined everything but the sweat on Trumps balls.
democrats dont seem to bothered by that.
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 09:16   #32
bubbagump
Registered
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 10,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Trump has the authority to declassify all testimony and documents, and remove all mystery,,, my theory is he wants the resistance to keep a sympathetic course headway.
Democrats have examined everything but the sweat on Trumps balls.
Yes. But if he did this the tool goes away. Blackmail is about the threat to reveal the unknown, and once the secrets are known the leverage goes away. Hence the steady drip - drip instead of the big dump.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 10:40   #33
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 5,552
The binary!

Trump is disliked because of the structured binary, in part. The binary in conflict creates - http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/dialectic.htm. Zigzaging, tacking like a sail boat against the wind - towards the intended destination.
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 10:48   #34
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 20,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Yes. But if he did this the tool goes away. Blackmail is about the threat to reveal the unknown, and once the secrets are known the leverage goes away. Hence the steady drip - drip instead of the big dump.
I don't mind the drip drip drip if in the end the floor is flooded. Then the clean up begins.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 06:43   #35
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,053
Wow..that's some good negotiatin' right there...
Bet there are some cartel bosses and mob kingpins wishing they had that kind of pull.


https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ton-foundation

"The Justice Department and Hillary Clinton's legal team "negotiated" an agreement that blocked the FBI from accessing emails on Clinton's homebrew server related to the Clinton Foundation, according to a transcript of recently released testimony from last summer by former FBI special agent Peter Strzok. "
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 06:51   #36
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
As Judge Nappy has stated, Trump's Emergency wall bit won't pass the courts.
This vote is just one more nail in that coffin, by the Senate overwhelmingly stating it isn't an emergency and they ain't funding it
^This will be used as another piece of evidence that Congress does not approve spending money on the wall.
And like it or not as Judge Nappy has pointed out, Congress controls the purse stings.
^ No need getting mad at me, it is just how it will turn out to be.

Trumps fault was signing off on big bloated spending bills w/o a wall.
Now he has no leverage.




.................juanni
I'm for the wall,simply because we have such shitty neighbors to our south. Good fences make good neighbors,they say.
Canada doesn't seem to embrace the same level of corruption as mexico. They don't institutionally traffic crap across our border. They make an effort to filter out the garbage going either way.
That 59 senators can't see the problem tells me there's 59 senators who are the problem. How many killings by illegals will be enough? How many hundreds of tons of drugs are enough?
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 09:26   #37
357ross
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 47543
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,335
These 59 senators are definitely working for someone, it just isn't us. I've read stories about Mexican drug mafia paying off American politicians to keep the border open. It sure explains a lot of their attitudes and actions lately. Lee and mittens have damn sure heard from me, anyway. (Not that they care)
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 12:50   #38
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,430
The Courts will indeed, uphold the Declaration of a National Emergency, by Trump. It will have to get to SCOTUS for that to happen.

Congress passed the law in 1976 and updated it in 1991. It is Constitutional.
Obama declared over ten NE's.

Congress can take the power away that they granted to POTUS, but it has be able to override a veto.

They will NEVER vote to take the power back, BECAUSE THEY WANT OBAMA TYPES TO HAVE THE POWER.

This is all about politics.
The funding will flow, as Trump's veto will not be overridden.

Even during the override attempt, that will fail, it is all a sham, as the RINO's can claim they voted against the wall, but it happened anyway--CROCODILE TEARS.
They all want the wall, but do not want the voters to know about it...called hypocritically "having your cake and eating it too."

By the way, something untoward happened to Judge Napolitano at Fox, after faggot boy got him fired. He changed his tune to anti Trump..................he is broke and needs the Fox $$$$$$, and got the message from the faggot boy who fired him..........$$$$$ or starvation, and let him back on.

Anything that "no longer a judge" says, has to be taken with a

He just dyed his hair again, to keep looking like Joe Pesci.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 12:53   #39
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
I'm for the wall,simply because we have such shitty neighbors to our south. Good fences make good neighbors,they say.
Canada doesn't seem to embrace the same level of corruption as mexico. They don't institutionally traffic crap across our border. They make an effort to filter out the garbage going either way.
That 59 senators can't see the problem tells me there's 59 senators who are the problem. How many killings by illegals will be enough? How many hundreds of tons of drugs are enough?
I also support the wall, however it really wouldn't be needed if we ended welfare, free education, health care, etc,,, to those that aren't here legally and PROSECUTED those hiring illegals, seizing their assets.

But that isn't the issue with Trump's emergency, it isn't constitutional and will never pass the courts.
End of story.





...............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 14:55   #40
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
I also support the wall, however it really wouldn't be needed if we ended welfare, free education, health care, etc,,, to those that aren't here legally and PROSECUTED those hiring illegals, seizing their assets.

But that isn't the issue with Trump's emergency, it isn't constitutional and will never pass the courts.
End of story.





...............juanni
congress has not passed a budget in 15 years, and that is their only "constitutional" job.

deepstatists had no porblem when barry the kenyan declared his emergencies.

the precedent is set.

the bolshies are fabricating a second standard, applicable to the deplorable irredeemables, their sworn enemies.

there is either only one law, universal, equal constitutional standing before the law for all,
or else there is no law, there is only the unconstitutional picking of winners and losers.

can't have it both ways, not even in juanito land.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 16:33   #41
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
I also support the wall, however it really wouldn't be needed if we ended welfare, free education, health care, etc,,, to those that aren't here legally and PROSECUTED those hiring illegals, seizing their assets.

But that isn't the issue with Trump's emergency, it isn't constitutional and will never pass the courts.
End of story.





...............juanni
Then we agree....
Except for it not being constitutional..The emergency is real,there are heavily armed criminal groups crossing our border,trafficking drugs and humans,killing U.S. citizens,and bringing deadly diseases along for the ride.
This emergency has way more traction than any ridiculous nonsensical "emergency" Obama the Kenyan ever issued.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files