FALaholic #: 7638
Reading music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECts2eyqAsQ
Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 18:02   #3
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Again it's private property and you just don't shoot people through windows, gun or no gun in their hands.

Another example of why if you have any driveway of any length, get a driveway alarm. It gives me the heads up on visitors, especially uninvited ones.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 18:56   #4
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
and stupid people wonder why more and more people are willing to shoot police first and ask questions later
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2018, 08:20   #5
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Sounds like the deputy committed premeditated murder.
After how many of these fake "swatting" things..you'd think they'd get a clue...
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2018, 07:49   #6
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Damn,

Makes me wonder how many times Ive walked in front of a window with a rifle I was working on. To think that if there had been a nervous cop on a call I could have been shot and killed.

Good lord, this kind of crap keeps up the PDs might be seen as an occupying force. It was nice when I lived on post and could ask the Officer on duty to show up before the enlisted MP did anything.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2018, 22:40   #7
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
So someone called in a fake distress call at this residence, the homeowner hears crap going on outside his home, grabs his gun, looks out his window and a police officer shoots and kills him through the closed window, just assuming window was closed, its winter.

EVERY time I hear anything going on outside my home I grab a gun and look out a window.

This is now grounds to be shot in my home by the police???

Been nice knowing all of you.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 12:01   #8
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Time to properly set up your household defenses. First thing... an entryway that provides cover. Dress it up like a planter if you like. ----__----
Set up a perimeter. Some kind of gate at the edge of your property that requires some kind of action to allow admittance. Even better to have remote control and visual and audio capabilities. These days it's pretty easy with smart phones.
Next, something I fail to do, lock your doors at all times.
Cops will come in regardless, but you might gain some time to explore your options.
Kill boxes may be a useful concept. Just saying. Be proactive.
Roadmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 12:04   #9
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
"If you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to fear"

lets apply this policy to the cops ........

so you shot and killed a innocent citizen because you are too stupid to gather as many facts to properly determine the correct action

too many trigger happy idiots w/ a badge that think they are playing call of duty

it is getting past the turning point where there are as many bad cops as there are bad guys/gals

we need to ask "just where the hell do we go from here?"
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 12:15   #10
Eyeguy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73288
Quoted from the linked article:

"GBI agents are working to determine whether the 911 call was fake. Right now, they said, they have no evidence to validate an emergency."

Try telling that to the Widow Parkinson.
Eyeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 16:06   #11
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
Time to properly set up your household defenses. First thing... an entryway that provides cover. Dress it up like a planter if you like. ----__----
Set up a perimeter. Some kind of gate at the edge of your property that requires some kind of action to allow admittance. Even better to have remote control and visual and audio capabilities. These days it's pretty easy with smart phones.
Next, something I fail to do, lock your doors at all times.
Cops will come in regardless, but you might gain some time to explore your options.
Kill boxes may be a useful concept. Just saying. Be proactive.
Got one of those 4 camera video set ups around my home, as well as driveway alarms.
Got to add a couple of camera's for my new shop building, one outside and one inside, as well as a bell alarm system to ring inside my home when anyone comes up to shop.
Security systems, camera's and alarms have really come down in price.
No reason not to have it.
And the wildlife that comes up here at night, Arizona hinterlands, is worth the day/night cost of the camera's alone.
2 large bucks, nice racks, and half dozen javalina pig looking things, mama and papa ??? and smaller ones came damn near up to front door last night.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 21:00   #12
tk421
Registered

FALaholic #: 7857
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
So someone called in a fake distress call at this residence, the homeowner hears crap going on outside his home, grabs his gun, looks out his window and a police officer shoots and kills him through the closed window, just assuming window was closed, its winter.

EVERY time I hear anything going on outside my home I grab a gun and look out a window.

This is now grounds to be shot in my home by the police???

Been nice knowing all of you.
The b1tch that made the fake call should be charged. A death occurred during the commission of a crime (the fake call and it's response), so she should get charged. 2nd degree murder maybe.

Not that I expect that she'll get even a stern talking-to. Obviously the homeowner had it coming, what with him being a big scary man (who was nice enough to let the b1tch live there) and all.
Old January 12, 2018, 07:31   #13
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Apparently there is no reason for GBI to conduct an investigation. Based upon all the hard evidence from this media news clip, it sounds like an open and shut case.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2018, 20:43   #14
Stranger
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3555
Blaming the caller for the shooting does not stand to reason/logic. It is irrelevant. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. It is the same as claiming that a dead squirrel in the road caused someone to die in a vehicle accident.

The argument is this:

Since a douche-bag calling the police was followed by an innocent person getting shot by the police, the innocent person getting shot by the police must have been caused by the douche-bag calling the police.

That is a logical fallacy.

False/fake police reports are nothing new. We should expect those to happen. We are trained for it.

Yes, it a crime to call 911 and report a false claim.

However, officers should establish the validity of a 911 call before exercising deadly force.

I am all for officer safety, my life depends on it. However, I would give up an officer to prevent an innocent person from being indiscriminately killed by an officer.

I think that is something that has gotten lost. We have become more focused on "every officer goes home" than protecting our wards. Protecting the innocent requires the willingness to lay down your life. That should include giving suspects the benefit of the doubt.

We are all going to die. I can't imagine going out knowing I killed the wrong person.
Old January 12, 2018, 22:11   #15
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Blaming the caller for the shooting does not stand to reason/logic. It is irrelevant. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. It is the same as claiming that a dead squirrel in the road caused someone to die in a vehicle accident.

The argument is this:

Since a douche-bag calling the police was followed by an innocent person getting shot by the police, the innocent person getting shot by the police must have been caused by the douche-bag calling the police.

False/fake police reports are nothing new. We should expect those to happen. We are trained for it.

However, officers should establish the validity of a 911 call before exercising deadly force.

I am all for officer safety, my life depends on it. However, I would give up an officer to prevent an innocent person from being indiscriminately killed by an officer.

I think that is something that has gotten lost. We have become more focused on "every officer goes home" than protecting our wards. Protecting the innocent requires the willingness to lay down your life. That should include giving suspects the benefit of the doubt.

We are all going to die. I can't imagine going out knowing I killed the wrong person.
^^^THIS^^^

You win my internet award of the decade
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2018, 23:34   #16
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Watch that news clip a few times. Listen to the words being fed to you. The statements do not add up. The whole story reeks.

There is a reason why GBI was called in to investigate this shooting.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2018, 11:03   #17
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

The argument is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
^^^THIS^^^

You win my internet award of the decade
Mine too

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is offline   Reply With Quote