Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old January 04, 2018, 10:37   #1
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
First Hawaii And Now Pennsylvania

Smoke weed and lose your 2A rights. Waiting for Oregon to jump on this bandwagon soon

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...pose-firearms/

Snipped from the article

What disturbs him is a State Police statement on their website, citing federal law, telling medical marijuana card holders, “It is unlawful for you to keep possession of any firearms which you owned or had in your possession prior to obtaining a medical marijuana card, and you should consult an attorney about the best way to dispose of your firearms.”

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:31   #2
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Hypocritical asshats, duh, pot is illegal under federal law as well! Liberal pig-fukers pick and choose which laws they want to enforce.

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:43   #3
Raggedwhole!
Registered

FALaholic #: 74227
I care nothing for cannabis. I have not for 20 years. I feel it's a travesty when someone is sick, follows procedure to obtain medication and is punished by losing a god given right. I guess the problem is the drug is still a scheduled substance only at the federal level.
Raggedwhole! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:44   #4
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
i saw this coming a year ago when they announced the program in planning. The habitual user discriminator in the GCA '68 structure is the basis for a contraband status for all firearms owned by a person who becomes a habitual user of either alcohol or narcotics.

there is a "record of sale database" on handgun transfers post '94 in PA. i suppose the po-po will be making some visits on basis of a cross-comparison of that database and the MJ user registry. no sympathy from me on this.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:46   #5
Raggedwhole!
Registered

FALaholic #: 74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
i saw this coming a year ago when they announced the program in planning. The habitual user discriminator in the GCA '68 structure is the basis for a contraband status for all firearms owned by a person who becomes a habitual user of either alcohol or narcotics.

there is a "record of sale database" on handgun transfers post '94 in PA. i suppose the po-po will be making some visits on basis of a cross-comparison of that database and the MJ user registry. no sympathy from me on this.
I can see this coming down the road to those whom may be effected.
Raggedwhole! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 12:41   #6
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedwhole! View Post
I care nothing for cannabis. I have not for 20 years. I feel it's a travesty when someone is sick, follows procedure to obtain medication and is punished by losing a god given right. I guess the problem is the drug is still a scheduled substance only at the federal level.
Agreed. I don't care about ganja one bit, but it's astounding that so many other intoxicants are legal while this particular one is not. There's no reason one should not be able to use any of them (responsibly, of course) and not retain their rights. People- especially those in power- are generally morons, and we get the losing end of that deal.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 13:23   #7
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Agreed. I don't care about ganja one bit, but it's astounding that so many other intoxicants are legal while this particular one is not..
No patents, or Federal Tax Stamps on weed.

If there were either, this would not be an issue and hypocrisy / dogma would be reduced as well.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 08:01   #8
garandguy10
Registered

FALaholic #: 10840
Folks that got weed cards may have Federal Jackboots at their doors in the very near future.....
garandguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 09:34   #9
nijwnfi
Registered

FALaholic #: 18726
So, what if the guns belong to a spouse or child who doesn't use or have a medical marijuana card?
nijwnfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 10:41   #10
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 21848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
So, what if the guns belong to a spouse or child who doesn't use or have a medical marijuana card?
probably be the same as having, any other prohibited person living in the house with you
munchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 10:57   #11
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
I'm not a fan of weed, don't care if someone else smokes it in their own home though, don't get behind the wheel if you do.

I have had several people try to get me to get my medical card saying it will help with my psoriatic arthritis....it usually ends up with debate whether or not it will affect my 2A rights. I saw this coming when state level legalization started.....

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 11:13   #12
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
constructive possession is a bitch. it is a real danger in the "we can make any prohibitor rule we want" text of the SB 2135/HR4477 fiasco too. your kid is a returned sandbox vet who took the PTSD partial disability because it looked like easy money? your guns are gone or he has to find another place to crash...
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 11:18   #13
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Are people surprised or something? Weed is still banned under federal law and Form 4473 is pretty damn clear.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 18:53   #14
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
the real battle has not yet been seen by the masses

there will be zero insurance companies willing to write a rider/policy for any company that has employees w/ a medical mj card or in most states w/ rec use

there will have to be laws written that allow complete and total exclusion to prevent anyone suing a company if they partake in any way of mj, and make them liable for all their actions and unable to sue for any reason

would you want to work where all the forklift operators are impaired by mj ?

or any drugs for that matter ......

what happens when a forklift operator spears another employee ?

who will be held responsible ? the poor shlep that just got speared because the forklift operator decided to just not give a shit ?

remember your right to smoke ends when it jeopardizes anyone else's safety

trucking companies cannot find drivers that can pass drug screening west of the Mississippi

think monkey think
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 19:27   #15
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Shall not be infringed has no caveat for hemp.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 21:51   #16
partisan50
Registered

FALaholic #: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Are people surprised or something? Weed is still banned under federal law and Form 4473 is pretty damn clear.
Nope, I saw this coming when they started legalizing MJ a few years ago. Some people are so frick'in ignorant of the laws, state and federal.
partisan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2018, 23:21   #17
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Medical Marijuana is a scam, everyone knows it.

The sick dying and dead do not seem to die when they use it, and they remain good customers for years. It should only be issued in the last ten days of life.

Med dope, is the first step to recreational marijuana legalization in lib states.
Colorado is such a success with it, that I doubt that it will be repeated very much, especially when the Fed crackdown on it is coming after the 2018 or 2020 elections.

For pot to succeed, drug testing will have to be banned, as a violation of civil rights (Never happen); if that happens, DWI will have to go too, as a violation of civil rights, (Never happen either).

Trump is gong to drug test welfare, and unemployment ins applicants.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 11:33   #18
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Pot use, masquerading as medical issues is simply lame.
Only drug testing catches it.
But that is the rub.........

Use it if you want, but the firearms issue NICS check/4473 is not going to be changed........... and with a med marijuana license or a drug conviction.........the firearms are gone.

They will never legalize pot at the Federal Level.

Pretty hard to shoot, drive or work while high. Don't reload while high, either.

Alcohol is said to be bad and pot good, but then why do some many pot parties consume loads of beer and cigarettes?

Ya gotta work to make a living.
Old January 09, 2018, 13:27   #19
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Kinda the whole point of the article. The state rejects FED laws and makes pot legal and then turns around and uses those same FED laws they rejected to take away the guns of the people.

Old January 09, 2018, 13:30   #20
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Pot use, masquerading as medical issues is simply lame.
Only drug testing catches it.
But that is the rub.........

Use it if you want, but the firearms issue NICS check/4473 is not going to be changed........... and with a med marijuana license or a drug conviction.........the firearms are gone.

They will never legalize pot at the Federal Level.

Pretty hard to shoot, drive or work while high. Don't reload while high, either.

Alcohol is said to be bad and pot good, but then why do some many pot parties consume loads of beer and cigarettes?

Ya gotta work to make a living.
Sure you don't use, very incoherent!

Old January 09, 2018, 14:23   #21
Herstal
Registered

FALaholic #: 7811
I wonder how people that use CBD oil with no THC in it will be affected. CBD oil is legal in all 50 states and does not get anyone high as its made from industrial hemp. Don't need a medical card to purchase & won't show up in a drug test. I'm not sure of its federal status or if the federales even care about it.
Old January 09, 2018, 15:05   #22
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

150 years ago, Lodinum was legal, along with opium, pot, heroin, hashish, etc.

At some point during the PROHIBITION campaign.....(remember that?), all the recreational drugs were banned besides alcohol.

Today, no one wants cocaine, hash, meth, heroin, LSD, pot, ectasy, mushrooms, and whatever else legalized. It will totally destroy generations, as what was happening before "prohibition," became the law on about everything "recreational."

Things must have been really bad back then for it to happen. It was also the "progressive era".

PBS did a story about Prohibition and in every large town, restaurants competed for the industrial worker lunch business, with free beer with sandwiches. People got plowed everyday, and stopped after work to buy a few from the same bar. It bankrupted their families with alcoholism.
Old January 09, 2018, 15:59   #23
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
150 years ago, Lodinum was legal, along with opium, pot, heroin, hashish, etc.

At some point during the PROHIBITION campaign.....(remember that?), all the recreational drugs were banned besides alcohol.

Today, no one wants cocaine, hash, meth, heroin, LSD, pot, ectasy, mushrooms, and whatever else legalized. It will totally destroy generations, as what was happening before "prohibition," became the law on about everything "recreational."

Things must have been really bad back then for it to happen. It was also the "progressive era".

PBS did a story about Prohibition and in every large town, restaurants competed for the industrial worker lunch business, with free beer with sandwiches. People got plowed everyday, and stopped after work to buy a few from the same bar. It bankrupted their families with alcoholism.

You are on the right track .......

Look at how opium dens destroyed so many

We can learn from history if we are smart enough
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 09, 2018, 18:06   #24
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

You guys must be part of the nanny state, gonna save those poor souls from themselves? Or you just trying to protect big Pharma?

Legalize all drugs, after all it's what Freedom of choice is all about. Lately the gene pool doesn't get flushed often enough. We could probably cut the homeless population by 90%, the EBT free shit army by 75% and meth head rednecks by 50%. Win all the way around!

Old January 09, 2018, 19:06   #25
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
You guys must be part of the nanny state, gonna save those poor souls from themselves? Or you just trying to protect big Pharma?

Legalize all drugs, after all it's what Freedom of choice is all about. Lately the gene pool doesn't get flushed often enough. We could probably cut the homeless population by 90%, the EBT free shit army by 75% and meth head rednecks by 50%. Win all the way around!
ok, then let them all be in one big camp,

w/ a D9 Cat to open a monster trench for the bodies

give them all the co-fentinal they can handle

in a week they should all be in the bottom of a trench and covered by 10 feet of rock and soil

problem solved
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 09, 2018, 19:18   #26
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Smoke dope and you cant get a gun. But you can be a falling down alcoholic and it's okay? Right.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 20:34   #27
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
ok, then let them all be in one big camp,

w/ a D9 Cat to open a monster trench for the bodies

give them all the co-fentinal they can handle

in a week they should all be in the bottom of a trench and covered by 10 feet of rock and soil

problem solved

Great minds think alike!

Old January 09, 2018, 20:56   #28
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
meh' I don't really have any shits given about the weed however a number here on both sides are missing what's going on...
These States are NOT enforcing FEDERAL Code, they are enforcing STATE Law
See, most States prohibit Drug users from possessing Firearms
just like they prohibit Felons
they are just enforcing State law which yes often mirrors Federal Code

Your County Mounties generally don't enforce Federal Code.
put your thinking caps on folks
Are your local cops refering petty pot cases to the Feds ?
nope
How often do Federal prosecutors pick up small amount MJ cases ?
basically Never.
But Oh No Mr. Bill !!!
It's still a Federal violation !
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 23:10   #29
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
Smoke dope and you cant get a gun. But you can be a falling down alcoholic and it's okay? Right.

not saying either is ok,

but way too many in states that have legalized it simply "wake & bake" all day each and every day
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 09, 2018, 23:26   #30
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

I know a guy who graduated from a major Texas university with a 3.915 GPA. He was high in almost every class. Obviously, mileage varies with every driver...

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

Old January 10, 2018, 00:38   #31
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Quote:
I know a guy who graduated from a major Texas university with a 3.915 GPA. He was high in almost every class. Obviously, mileage varies with every driver...
Damn, and to think he missed out on a 4.0 just because of his addiction.
Roadmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2018, 00:42   #32
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yep, know a US Attorney who was the main LSD vendor on the U of M campus in the 80s
Senior LE that were weed smoking maniacs

My Senior class back in the late 70s most everyone lit up. Thing is almost all of us quit within five to ten years. Maybe one loser left thats a diehard pot head and he's more of a drunk than weeder. I see him maybe once a year the rare times I go into the local bars. He is always curled up there.
everyone else is ambevelent.

To me at least pot is like a nothingness
ever had to clear out an elderly relatives meds after they passed ?
usually a mess of high level narcotics

What's going to happen ?
pretty soon Kongress will strip MJ out of prohibited substances then ATFE will have to change the 4473 again.
Don't think so ?
You can be adjudicated as an alcoholic and possess firearms
no one loses RKBA over being sent to treatment over being a damn drunken idiot.
Nor do they lose RKBA over getting addicted to prescribed Narcotics

The GCA is clear, you need to be an UNLAWFUL user.
Yeah those words have actual meanings.
Old January 10, 2018, 08:42   #33
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
Damn, and to think he missed out on a 4.0 just because of his addiction.

I don't think that bothered him one little bit. It wasn't the weed that caused it though. That damned Micro-economics and Finite Math did it-he made Bs in both.

Old January 10, 2018, 10:04   #34
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:

that only proves that a degree from that school is maybe worth a cup of coffee on a good day
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 11:11   #35
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
that only proves that a degree from that school is maybe worth a cup of coffee on a good day
How so?

Millions would disagree with you.

Old January 10, 2018, 12:45   #36
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

I figure roughly at least a quarter of folks behind a wheel on the road are legally medicated, friend of mine is slowly dying from cancer. He drives on Morphine constantly and has done so for several years now.

So now what ?
Old January 10, 2018, 15:44   #37
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
How so?

Millions would disagree with you.

if it was that easy that he got decent grades while stoned 98% of the time ......

the degree is worth the same value as a sheet of toilet paper

good enough to wipe your ass with and flush it when finished
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 16:44   #38
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
if it was that easy that he got decent grades while stoned 98% of the time ......

the degree is worth the same value as a sheet of toilet paper

good enough to wipe your ass with and flush it when finished
Right. You seem to know a lot about being stoned and all that it entails.

I think he was just a really smart fellow. Kinda like you.

Old January 10, 2018, 16:48   #39
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Right. You seem to know a lot about being stoned and all that it entails.

I think he was just a really smart fellow. Kinda like you.

just making a astute observation based on available facts
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 16:57   #40
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
just making a astute observation based on available facts
What facts? You know the guy? And, the university?

I don't think you're very smart if you really believe all you've said. I get it though, you are a big-time pot hater. And that's perfectly alright.

Old January 10, 2018, 17:37   #41
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
What facts? You know the guy? And, the university?

I don't think you're very smart if you really believe all you've said. I get it though, you are a big-time pot hater. And that's perfectly alright.
your stated facts

you presented the "facts"

I made a observation based on those facts coupled w/ obvious known facts

if you are "the guy", well ............ too bad

I have seen too many wake & bake idiots

they cannot add any appreciable value to society, just like a drunk

we have enough problems w/ drunks and wake & bake idiots do not help

no one can be fully functional if impaired by booze or drugs
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 17:56   #42
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:

no one can be fully functional if impaired by booze or drugs
No, I'm afraid you're just plain wrong again. You're on a roll!!

Old January 10, 2018, 18:00   #43
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
not saying either is ok,

but way too many in states that have legalized it simply "wake & bake" all day each and every day
Just like they did prior to legalization.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2018, 21:20   #44
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
No, I'm afraid you're just plain wrong again. You're on a roll!!

oh, I'm right, I know you're a brain dead stoner and have killed brain cells at the wholesale level and no longer have cognitive thought

your only desire is to bake all the time, because it is the only thing you are capable of
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 21:21   #45
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Just like they did prior to legalization.

problem is there are now at least 10 times as many
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old January 10, 2018, 22:18   #46
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
oh, I'm right, I know you're a brain dead stoner and have killed brain cells at the wholesale level and no longer have cognitive thought

your only desire is to bake all the time, because it is the only thing you are capable of
Keep trying kokodog.

You're still wrong, and apparently dumb as a sack of hammers. Say, have we ever met?

That's your third strike I believe. But, if you just have to be right (that ego is a powerful thing, ain't it?), go ahead and believe what you want. You do know it's okay to be wrong, right? That's okay son. Now excuse me, I need to refill the salsa bowl and grab a few more chips!

It has been a gas though...

Old January 10, 2018, 23:28   #47
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Keep trying kokodog.

You're still wrong, and apparently dumb as a sack of hammers. Say, have we ever met?

That's your third strike I believe. But, if you just have to be right (that ego is a powerful thing, ain't it?), go ahead and believe what you want. You do know it's okay to be wrong, right? That's okay son. Now excuse me, I need to refill the salsa bowl and grab a few more chips!

It has been a gas though...

no strikes, you know I hit grand slams each time

go get your munchies and re-bake, re-bake, re-bake
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill