Notices

Old March 22, 2017, 21:19   #51
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

FALaholic #: 43374
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightguy View Post
I want things to stay exactly where they are now.
I'd lose my butt investment wise if new MGs flooded the market.
I'd lose a fair amount of money, too. Boo hoo. I'd gladly lose it all for the sake of freedom.

May your chains rest heavily upon you.
Old March 23, 2017, 20:29   #52
ncjeeper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65663
I don't mind losing some money because I would end up coming out ahead by being able to convert my AR's and Fal to full auto.
Old March 30, 2017, 08:39   #53
lightguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 51348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson1986 View Post
I'd lose a fair amount of money, too. Boo hoo. I'd gladly lose it all for the sake of freedom.

May your chains rest heavily upon you.
Yeah about a quarter of a million in chains.
Such a burden.
Try not to feel sorry for me OK ?

You all sound like liberals; "Give me free stuff".
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2017, 20:31   #54
raexcct2
Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2784
Quote:
Such a burden.

Not at all. We just don't agree with your philosophy of continued violation of the Second Amendment just because you can afford to have your toys and you don't want the rest of us to have the same rights as you.

Reminds me of Senators Feinstein, Boxer and Schumer who all are against gun ownership yet all have concealed carry permits.
raexcct2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2017, 19:03   #55
.30-06
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 68016
Quote:
Such a burden.

Your investment wont be worth a dime if it gets confiscated because people like you stand idly by while lawmakers continue to legislate firearms out of existence. I saw it happen in my home state of California. Who's to say the same thing wont happen on a national scale once the next election comes around...
Old March 31, 2017, 19:37   #56
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
Such a burden.

I'm not sorry that you are a ******* retard and that you "invested" poorly. Maybe you should have spent that money on precious metals instead - something with a little less risk involved. I rather enjoy it when people like you fall victim to financial natural selection because of your stupidity.

By the way, bitch...I have several machine guns. Nothing exquisite but I paid cash for every single one of them - no loans, no credit. I'd gladly take a loss on every one of my full autos if it meant I could have whatever I wanted.

By the way...why don't you man up for Contributor status so we can have some fresh meat down in the Basement?

Last edited by Sampson1986; March 31, 2017 at 19:43.
Sampson1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2017, 14:56   #57
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Quote:
Originally Posted by raexcct2 View Post
Not at all. We just don't agree with your philosophy of continued violation of the Second Amendment just because you can afford to have your toys and you don't want the rest of us to have the same rights as you.

Reminds me of Senators Feinstein, Boxer and Schumer who all are against gun ownership yet all have concealed carry permits.
Quote:
I'm not sorry that you are a ******* retard and that you "invested" poorly. Maybe you should have spent that money on precious metals instead - something with a little less risk involved. I rather enjoy it when people like you fall victim to financial natural selection because of your stupidity.

By the way, bitch...I have several machine guns. Nothing exquisite but I paid cash for every single one of them - no loans, no credit. I'd gladly take a loss on every one of my full autos if it meant I could have whatever I wanted.

By the way...why don't you man up for Contributor status so we can have some fresh meat down in the Basement?
Ahh, You Guys do see now where I have been coming from.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2017, 18:53   #58
wilmermj
Registered

FALaholic #: 67075
Quote:
Such a burden.

Nobody wants free stuff, everyone here wants to be free to have the stuff they want. I think your attitude towards this "stuff" is a little on the silly side. If you are buying Class III for investments you are not doing it for the right reasons.

The best part is if the Hughs, HPA and NFA stuff were to be repealed/passed there would be a flood of conversions, parts, guns sold then when people realize how much ammo they burn or how much of a novelty a can is the prices will drop harder. Signed and delivered.
wilmermj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2017, 21:24   #59
lightguy
Registered

Quote:

But you do have exactly the same rights.
The difference is that I have stepped up to the plate and put my money where my mouth is. Both in effort and time. Freedom isn't free as the saying goes.
Should machineguns be issued free to everyone ?
No ? What is a fair price then ?
How about the single mother of 5 that can't afford a newly legal $2,000 M16.
To her you are the elitist.
Are you going to stand up for her in the name of freedom ?

BTW I'm a big second ammendment fan and NRA member.
The second is a slippery thing.
Do you have the right to have nuclear weapons ? The second taken literally would allow it.
Do you want the gang bangers and Ahmed to have easy unrestricted access to cheap MACs and possibly weapons of mass destruction ?

I have the balls to say this isn't about freedom.
This is about money and effort.
Period.
Old April 02, 2017, 14:28   #60
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
blah,blah,blah...I'm a big second ammendment fan and NRA member...blah,blah,blah...
What is this "second ammendment" of which you speak? I am only familiar with the Second Amendment.

Oh and I am an NRA member as well...and a GOA member...and a Montana Shooting Sports Association member...and an NFA Freedom Alliance member...and a...well, you get the picture.

Quote:
blah,blah,blah...I have the balls to say this isn't about freedom.
Period.
Which reminds me...where is your financial contribution to the Files? This place ain't free, you know.

Last edited by Sampson1986; April 02, 2017 at 14:35.
Old April 02, 2017, 14:42   #61
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
I too am a machinegun owner. Have 6 stamps, waiting on a 7th.

I don't care about the money value of my collection. I would gladly "take a hit" in what my collection is "worth", because to me, my collection is priceless anyway.

I have always been appalled at the 1986 MG ban.

Yep, if MG ban were to expire, I'd even figure out a way to make my my entire collection full auto, with the exception of a few family heirloom single shot break action shotguns.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 02, 2017, 15:21   #62
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Even if....and that is a BIG if...the Hughes Amend was repealed. I would doubt there would be a drop in classic machineguns. I don't see BARs, MG42s, Thompsons or even early m16s etal getting any cheaper. M11's STEN parts guns, etc values would go in the toilet.

If one has invested wisely then a repeal shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I would love to see it repealed. Not because I have a hankering to play with full-auto (been there, done that) but because I think we should have the freedom to own what we would like with a minimum of .gov interference.

If it is repealed I would still have no intention of buying anything with the happy switch.
Old April 02, 2017, 22:40   #63
TerryN
Registered

FALaholic #: 55
As I see it, we're asking POTUS to declare a standing law invalid/rescinded/whatever. That ain't how it works here in the US. At least not yet.

Another congresscritter has got to introduce legislation to do away with the existing legislation, get it through both the House and Senate (without having another Hughes-type amendment attached to it), and get POTUS to sign it.

I went through this under Yomama's regime; something involving defunding BATFe, IIRC. That petition easily got enough signatures. The reply from the White House.gov? 'Not my job, man.'
Old April 03, 2017, 02:05   #64
raexcct2
Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryN View Post
As I see it, we're asking POTUS to declare a standing law invalid/rescinded/whatever. That ain't how it works here in the US. At least not yet.

Another congresscritter has got to introduce legislation to do away with the existing legislation, get it through both the House and Senate (without having another Hughes-type amendment attached to it), and get POTUS to sign it.

I went through this under Yomama's regime; something involving defunding BATFe, IIRC. That petition easily got enough signatures. The reply from the White House.gov? 'Not my job, man.'
Yes, I understand this but if the White House gets enough signatures maybe they will pressure the dipshit RINOs in Congress to repeal the Hughes Ban. I don't trust the POS Congress to do anything unless they are pressured into it.
Old April 03, 2017, 02:14   #65
raexcct2
Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
The difference is that I have stepped up to the plate and put my money where my mouth is. Both in effort and time. Freedom isn't free as the saying goes.

Do you have the right to have nuclear weapons ? The second taken literally would allow it.
Do you want the gang bangers and Ahmed to have easy unrestricted access to cheap MACs and possibly weapons of mass destruction ?

Period.
Gangbangers already have access to real full auto weapons courtesy of small arms trafficking.

The escalating prices of NFA weapons is only due to the artificial induced limited supply due to the Hughes Bill banning future manufacture after 1986.

Yes, I understand you're rich and can afford your toys.

I have no NFA items because I spent half of my military career overseas where I couldn't bring ANY weapons over and my family lived in Chicago so storing my weapons there was also a no-go. I usually wound up selling my gun collections every time I got orders overseas.

My point is that the whole ban was and is still unconstitutional and it's folks like you that fight it's repeal because it's about money for you. To me you are as much the enemy as Sen Schumer and Feinstein.

Also I'm an NRA Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation member, and GOA member.

Last edited by raexcct2; April 03, 2017 at 10:38.
Old April 20, 2017, 01:13   #66
Bertellione
Registered

FALaholic #: 66658
Quote:

Period.
You sir are a dumb shit. You brag about having a quarter million worth in machine guns and how it's your investment. From your writings you sound like an anti-gun snow flake. If I had a quarter million dollars worth of guns and could afford to feed them I would at least be a contributor. As far as gangbangers and terrorists go what do they care they convert them whether illegal or legal. That comment really makes you sound like the dumb **** anti gunner who spews shit out of their mouths, example gun show loop holes. I'll bet you voted for Hitlary lmao.
Old April 20, 2017, 11:17   #67
greenpeas
Registered

FALaholic #: 21487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertellione View Post
You sir are a dumb shit. You brag about having a quarter million worth in machine guns and how it's your investment. From your writings you sound like an anti-gun snow flake. If I had a quarter million dollars worth of guns and could afford to feed them I would at least be a contributor. As far as gangbangers and terrorists go what do they care they convert them whether illegal or legal. That comment really makes you sound like the dumb **** anti gunner who spews shit out of their mouths, example gun show loop holes. I'll bet you voted for Hitlary lmao.
Dang, somebody is a little cranky.
greenpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2017, 17:33   #68
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by some shithead named lightguy @ machinegunboards
Let's be blunt.
So what can we as investors do to kill it ?
Machine Guns are not only a neat toy but a substantial monetary investment.
This turd is really worried about losing his ass financially.

ETA: The quote is in regards to the Repeal the NFA petition that was circulating around a couple months ago.
Old April 26, 2017, 08:48   #69
greenpeas
Registered

Quote:
This turd is really worried about losing his ass financially.

ETA: The quote is in regards to the Repeal the NFA petition that was circulating around a couple months ago.
How would you feel if all of a sudden the house you worked your whole life to pay off was suddenly worthless and they started giving houses away?

The entitled welfare free house folks would think it was great. The guy who worked hard to pay for his home might not agree. I don't think this makes the working guy an asshole.

I own some machine guns and I would be a little agitated if all of a sudden my guns became worthless overnight. That doesn't make me an asshole.

Let's be honest though. This will never happen. There was a similar petition some time ago requesting the United States build a death star.
Old April 26, 2017, 16:58   #70
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
How would you feel if all of a sudden the house you worked your whole life to pay off was suddenly worthless and they started giving houses away?

The entitled welfare free house folks would think it was great. The guy who worked hard to pay for his home might not agree. I don't think this makes the working guy an asshole.
Such is life. I might not like it but I'd keep doing what I've been doing - getting up, going to work, paying what I owe, and putting one foot in front of the other.

Quote:
I own some machine guns and I would be a little agitated if all of a sudden my guns became worthless overnight. That doesn't make me an asshole.
If you actively fought to deny the liberty of others...then yes, you most certainly would be an asshole.

I have factored this into my decision to buy machineguns. The risk is worth it to me and I have never invested more than I thought I could afford to lose. Natural selection favors the wise.

Quote:
Let's be honest though. This will never happen. There was a similar petition some time ago requesting the United States build a death star.
Well, no ******* shit. Too many shitheads in power and too many fudd ****s.
Old April 26, 2017, 19:23   #71
John A
Registered

Quote:

Just to go on record, I have a machinegun. And I worked hard and paid cash for it. Matter of fact, I own more than a half a dozen taxed guns matter of fact.

Trust me, this guy is an asshole.

I prefer to have all 100% of my rights.

If I want to drill a hole in all of my AR15 receivers, I should be able to drill all the holes I want and make them shoot as fast or slow as I want.

I should not have to pay anyone extra to do it.

And I should not under any circumstances ever have to pay a tax to do it.

Let me repeat that again.

I should not have to pay a tax to do it.

Americans have a RIGHT to own and bear arms.

Not just some of them.

Not only certain classes of guns, not only guns that are slow to load, not only scary guns, not black guns, not just bb guns, not just less than lethal guns, and not only guns available to "wealthier" people.

That's as plain and clear as I can be about it.

NFA should go away.

Anyone that pays astronomical prices for a gun and doesn't want everyone else to be able to own the same guns, well, fuq 'em.
Old April 26, 2017, 19:28   #72
John A
Registered

While I am thinking about this, at one time, there was a tax on tea. Caused a little thing called a revolution that started this great country of ours.

A bunch of guys stood up for doing the right thing and told the old king to go fuq his self.

Here's a little what he said, and I tend to agree lock stock and barrel.

"“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
Old April 27, 2017, 07:20   #73
madmax_fal
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 78386
Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
Just to go on record, I have a machinegun. And I worked hard and paid cash for it. Matter of fact, I own more than a half a dozen taxed guns matter of fact.

Trust me, this guy is an asshole.

I prefer to have all 100% of my rights.

If I want to drill a hole in all of my AR15 receivers, I should be able to drill all the holes I want and make them shoot as fast or slow as I want.

I should not have to pay anyone extra to do it.

And I should not under any circumstances ever have to pay a tax to do it.

Let me repeat that again.

I should not have to pay a tax to do it.

Americans have a RIGHT to own and bear arms.

Not just some of them.

Not only certain classes of guns, not only guns that are slow to load, not only scary guns, not black guns, not just bb guns, not just less than lethal guns, and not only guns available to "wealthier" people.

That's as plain and clear as I can be about it.

NFA should go away.

Anyone that pays astronomical prices for a gun and doesn't want everyone else to be able to own the same guns, well, fuq 'em.
Well said sir! Greenpeas can't use a correct analogy either. They don't "give" away machine guns in the same way they don't "give away" Ruger 10-22s. Nor would any regulatory change legalizing machine guns for poorer people cause such to happen.
Old April 27, 2017, 10:50   #74
greenpeas
Registered

It's easy to say that you SHOULDN'T have to pay a tax but virtually everything you own is taxed. Time to grow up and put on your big boy pants, you want an NFA item, pay the tax.

Either play the game or don't. Honesty, I'm surprised civilians can own machine guns at all.

All this bullshit about we have a right to own machine guns is just that. Our founding fathers owned slaves, should you be able to own slaves? Only white property owning, tax paying males were allowed to vote. Is that a good idea? These guys rode around on horses with muskets and swords. I don't think they had GE Miniguns in mind when they were thinking about that whole keep and bear arms thing.
Old April 27, 2017, 11:08   #75
John A
Registered

It's not very often that I have a loss for words.

This is certainly one of them though.

I'm sure the founding fathers didn't envision us ever having a TV or internet or radio stations either. Should the 1st amendment only cover newspapers and books and printed word on paper?

Last edited by John A; April 27, 2017 at 11:14.
Old April 27, 2017, 16:23   #76
hardheaded
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
I would be ok paying the NFA tax if they could just include new manufacture Class 3 weapons public availability

But that's not going to happen either
hardheaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017, 17:57   #77
nopec
Registered

FALaholic #: 72693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheaded View Post
I would be ok paying the NFA tax if they could just include new manufacture Class 3 weapons public availability

But that's not going to happen either
Agreed on the new stuff. It's the artificial shortage coupled with the use of the tax code to prevent ownership or manufacturing that gets me. I don't even want anything FA except for two FN p90s, two Kriss Vectors and a box of M16A3s
nopec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017, 20:52   #78
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
It's easy to say that you SHOULDN'T have to pay a tax but virtually everything you own is taxed. Time to grow up and put on your big boy pants, you want an NFA item, pay the tax.

Either play the game or don't. Honesty, I'm surprised civilians can own machine guns at all.

All this bullshit about we have a right to own machine guns is just that. Our founding fathers owned slaves, should you be able to own slaves? Only white property owning, tax paying males were allowed to vote. Is that a good idea? These guys rode around on horses with muskets and swords. I don't think they had GE Miniguns in mind when they were thinking about that whole keep and bear arms thing.
I thought you said that you weren't an asshole? Well, I beg to differ.

Do you think owning a shitty M11 makes you cool? It doesn't.

Seriously, just get the **** off the Files. You don't belong here.

P.S. The founders didn't know about Scientology either. Does that make it any less protected as a religious belief?

Last edited by Sampson1986; April 27, 2017 at 20:58.
Old May 03, 2017, 13:42   #79
lightguy
Registered

Quote:

My point is that the whole ban was and is still unconstitutional and it's folks like you that fight it's repeal because it's about money for you. To me you are as much the enemy as Sen Schumer and Feinstein.

Also I'm an NRA Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation member, and GOA member.

I don't fight it I just don't support it.
Its not all about money.
There are a hundred better investments than machineguns.

Bring up a bill for COMBAT vets to "bring back" their service machinegun and I'm for it.

Hey you made the choice to reenlist not me. My family (including myself) has done their part for generations. Trust me there was no "Thank you for your service" when I was in.
Its seems everyone here is all for "Freedom" except for when someone brings up an opposing thought to this groupthink session.
Then its Free Speech.... as long as you agree.

PS what an uncivilized Lord of the Flies forum this is.

Unmoderated hoodlums.

And someone asked why I don't contribute $ here.
LMAO.
Old May 04, 2017, 17:30   #80
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
I don't fight it I just don't support it.
Its not all about money.
There are a hundred better investments than machineguns.

Bring up a bill for COMBAT vets to "bring back" their service machinegun and I'm for it.

Hey you made the choice to reenlist not me. My family (including myself) has done their part for generations. Trust me there was no "Thank you for your service" when I was in.
Its seems everyone here is all for "Freedom" except for when someone brings up an opposing thought to this groupthink session.
Then its Free Speech.... as long as you agree.

PS what an uncivilized Lord of the Flies forum this is.

Unmoderated hoodlums.

And someone asked why I don't contribute $ here.
LMAO.
Blah, blah, blah...

If you don't like it here then why don't you pack your shit and leave? I sure as shit won't miss you.
Old May 04, 2017, 23:47   #81
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I want our rights back but belive it won't happen. Will posture and pontificate and we will get a bone or two like national carry for CCW holders and repatriation of some U.S. made guns. Folks are all excited that 110 congressmen are supporting the Hearing Protection Act but the Senate version only has 11 backers last I heard. Has to be batted back and forth then passed by both before the president can sign it. Most good legislation gets neutered in the process. If my full autos and suppressors drop in value will go buy a bunch more and call it cost averaging.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2017, 03:35   #82
Bertellione
Registered

FALaholic #: 66658
Quote:
Dang, somebody is a little cranky.
Just being honest about a dumb****. It is people like him that help to keep them out of the available price range to the regular people. If he was a smart investor in machine guns the hit wouldn't be as bad if legalized. A factory built will always be worth more than a conversion. The same with semi when it come to factory or a parts gun which is worth more always the factory. He is everything I said due to the fact that his investment is based on a class system, only the elite should be aloud to have them and he basically said that. How many gun enthusiast in this country that work hard every day and make minimum wage and can not afford a 50,000$ Colt M16 and not even the 20,000$ lesser name M16.

Last edited by Bertellione; May 05, 2017 at 03:43.
Bertellione is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2017, 06:10   #83
Sampson1986
Renegade
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertellione View Post
How many gun enthusiast in this country that work hard every day and make minimum wage and can not afford a 50,000$ Colt M16 and not even the 20,000$ lesser name M16.
If everyone could afford a full auto weapon due to deregulation, a lot of machine gun owners wouldn't feel so special anymore. I have encountered more than one person in the NFA community who thinks he is somehow superior to others because he has a machine gun or suppressor when most people do not.

I own several machine guns and I intend to own even more as resources allow. I would gladly take a hit moneywise if it meant I could have some more due to deregulation.