The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old March 22, 2018, 09:53   #1
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
No more Bozo

Anyone from that time period knows Bozo, you Bozo. White, black, you knew Bozo was a clown. I think today we are less united because we don't have as much shared culture. From radio thru early TV, everyone at least shared hearing or seeing the same thing ( 3 TV channels). I didn't watch much Bozo (I was a capt kangaroo guy) but I knew who he was.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ead-at-89.html
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 10:26   #2
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
OMG I'm old....

These are names that only those that grew up in Los Angeles in the 60's and 70's will remember.

Sheriff John, Hobo Kelly, Engineer Bill, I was most likely between 5 and 10 when I saw this pair and more on what was then KCOP channel 13.

Capt Kangaroo and Mr green jeans were also on TV but most likely on network TV so not limited to LA.

Wonderama (Bob Mcallister) was another show that was on on Saturday am.

Last edited by NFADLR; March 22, 2018 at 22:13.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 10:34   #3
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
No Bozos!

Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 11:23   #4
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
No Bozos!

That's hilarious.....Edward van Halen

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 11:35   #5
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
these days its mostly touchy-feely-trash on TV for kids

back in the 60's growing up we knew cartoons were not real, we watched the Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, the Cisco Kid and many more that had the underlying theme of doing right

trash in = trash out
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 14:39   #6
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Beany and Cecil the sea sick sea serpent, puppet show, Howdy Doody, Hopalong Cassity, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger and last but not least The Micky Mouse Club. My brother, three years older, had a thing for Annette. He would get super pissed off if I said a disparaging word regarding his heart throb, not that I ever instigated anything. This was in the 50s.
I have The Three Stooges to thank for making me the man I am today.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 15:09   #7
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerider View Post
Beany and Cecil the sea sick sea serpent, puppet show, Howdy Doody, Hopalong Cassity, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger and last but not least The Micky Mouse Club. My brother, three years older, had a thing for Annette. He would get super pissed off if I said a disparaging word regarding his heart throb, not that I ever instigated anything. This was in the 50s.
I have The Three Stooges to thank for making me the man I am today.
What, no love for Rin-tin-tin???
Old March 22, 2018, 15:09   #8
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Thought flashed in my head reading the title that Obozo had kicked the bucket

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 16:00   #9
C2A1
Registered

We can hope. Saturday morning was Fury followed by Sky King ( I also loved the Anderson series, Fireball XL-5, Stingray and Supercar). Popeye was the cartoon with Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Tom and Jerry and later Roadrunner. In grade school I loved a series called Men in Space.
Old March 22, 2018, 17:14   #10
Nihonto Chicken
Registered

FALaholic #: 79627
The Old Daze In El Lay

Don't forget Ruff and Ready! Also Tom Hattan and his squiggle contest. He used my squiggle used on one of his shows, but he made a picture out of it so I didn't win the prize. Lessee, way back when there was also Webster Webfoot. I attended an Easter egg hunt of his. Later on there was Fishing Flashes. One time I guessed the weight of a lobster to the ounce and so won a fishing boat day pass and a freebie lure. All way back when, before LA turned malignant.
Nihonto Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 18:07   #11
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
https://youtu.be/1s8nRL2bPCU
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 18:12   #12
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Wow! I forgot all about Rin-Tin-Tin! Fury was another favorite of mine and my brother. Just thinking though Rin-Tin-Tin is a pretty weird name for a dog, they could have named him Goony-Goo-Goo and we would have been good with it, we were kids.
Sky King and sweet little Penny was also huge. He had two planes one was a C-130 I think, the first one then he got some money and got the new one. Where they both named The Song Bird?
Not too long ago the commies were hot to destroy Looney Toons and Popeye claiming they were too violent for children. Looking at what the little booger eaters are doing now in comparison is mind blowingly violent, first person murder games. Ren & Stempy is some seriously sick perverted pit of hell stuff. It takes a real twisted mind to create that stuff. In my worst nightmare I could never imagine stuff like that. More than likely the writers are doing some heavy doses of LSD.

The commie plans are always to destabilize societal norms and wholesome thought. Attack the Boy Scouts and infiltrate with gay men and encourage gay behavior. Use human nature of self doubt and shame to attack and these are indeed attacks on American values. Not many people are aware that the Russian KGB was very much involved in the anti nuke movement in this country. They are still hard at it creating havoc in our political system.
Communism is a cancer of the mind slowly growing, eating away at vital organs undetected until those organs begin to fail. Communist operatives have infiltrated our schools and are in total control now using our children to dismantle our American values. The Democrat party has been very successfully taken over by the Communists. Carl Marx, Vladamer Lenin and Saul Alinsky knew how to tear a society to shreds but knew nothing of how to build one.
Take a look at all the countries in South America and how their societies have been ruined by communist agitators. Everywhere these diseased minds gain a foothold destruction, chaos and poverty is the result. Human greed and lust for power over others is a curse on us all from the beginning of the human species.
I personally don’t want to play that game, it is a sucky game where everyone looses.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 19:12   #13
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
What ?
No Gentle Giant ???
Lassie ????

How about Johnny Quest with "hadji"

deal was a bunch of juiced up academics in LA started a movement in the late 70s that certain shows were bad for children
that's what happened to Johnny Quest, even the Wild wild West
the industry offlined them even though they were very popular and imposed "Colored" Tee Vee

The Jeffersons, Good Times, etc.
by the 80s media programing was becoming increasingly Black
it was a national minsteral show by the 90s with Cosby, Fresh Prince, etc.
then you had floss like the Tele Tubbies

All this brought in what I refer to as Generation NERF
everything had to be super safe for kiddos
No more mini Stanley tool sets for children, chemistry sets were totally nuetured. Children had to be bound up in special car seats, fed special diets, etc.

So today we have a childrens crusade against RKBA
it's a logical conclusion to several decades of progressive programing via the media.

Another example
game shows
maybe every other day I run across one with a White husband and black wife
uh' sorry...that don't occur much, generally the other way around.
media spent years promoting black men with white gals, now it's promoting white men with black ladies
go figure...
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 19:19   #14
Scout10
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 80494
ITS LUNCH TIME

with SOUPY SALES and his buddies White Fang & Black tooth !
Scout10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 20:07   #15
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
We had Mr. Goober, who invented the Pogo way before the punk rockers, Admiral Jack, and Ranger Andy. Ranger Andy broadcast from New Haven. A bunch of my buddies were on his show.
Larry
Old March 22, 2018, 20:20   #16
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerider View Post
Wow! I forgot all about Rin-Tin-Tin! Fury was another favorite of mine and my brother. Just thinking though Rin-Tin-Tin is a pretty weird name for a dog, they could have named him Goony-Goo-Goo and we would have been good with it, we were kids.
Sky King and sweet little Penny was also huge. He had two planes one was a C-130 I think, the first one then he got some money and got the new one. Where they both named The Song Bird?
Not too long ago the commies were hot to destroy Looney Toons and Popeye claiming they were too violent for children. Looking at what the little booger eaters are doing now in comparison is mind blowingly violent, first person murder games. Ren & Stempy is some seriously sick perverted pit of hell stuff. It takes a real twisted mind to create that stuff. In my worst nightmare I could never imagine stuff like that. More than likely the writers are doing some heavy doses of LSD.

The commie plans are always to destabilize societal norms and wholesome thought. Attack the Boy Scouts and infiltrate with gay men and encourage gay behavior. Use human nature of self doubt and shame to attack and these are indeed attacks on American values. Not many people are aware that the Russian KGB was very much involved in the anti nuke movement in this country. They are still hard at it creating havoc in our political system.
Communism is a cancer of the mind slowly growing, eating away at vital organs undetected until those organs begin to fail. Communist operatives have infiltrated our schools and are in total control now using our children to dismantle our American values. The Democrat party has been very successfully taken over by the Communists. Carl Marx, Vladamer Lenin and Saul Alinsky knew how to tear a society to shreds but knew nothing of how to build one.
Take a look at all the countries in South America and how their societies have been ruined by communist agitators. Everywhere these diseased minds gain a foothold destruction, chaos and poverty is the result. Human greed and lust for power over others is a curse on us all from the beginning of the human species.
I personally don’t want to play that game, it is a sucky game where everyone looses.
Heavy doses of LSD huh? Nah, just imaginations. Reality is far crueler than any drugs. If what stone sober people actually inflict on others, and have since the start of time, isnt enough to convince you, perhaps you should de-rosify your glasses.
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 20:21   #17
C2A1
Registered

Sky King's first airplane was a Cessna UC-78
http://www.delawareaviationmuseum.or...aft/uc-78.html
the second a Cessna 310.
Johnny Quest was a favorite. My CFO is a big fan and she has signed panels from Quest and from the movie Wizards.
Talking of flying I also watched Whirlybirds and Rip Cord.
Old March 22, 2018, 21:43   #18
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
RIP Bozo!

I remember him as a young snot nosed pup! Captain Kangeroo and Mr Greenjeans! Wallace and Ladmo out of the Phoenix area. Fuk I'm old!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 21:58   #19
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
Sheriff John passed into eternal life at the ripen old age of 93 back in 2012.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/10/07/...geles-tv-fame/

LA kids Let's not forget Engineer Bill..

Last edited by NFADLR; March 22, 2018 at 22:13.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 22:06   #20
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
What ?
No Gentle Giant ???
Lassie ????

How about Johnny Quest with "hadji"

deal was a bunch of juiced up academics in LA started a movement in the late 70s that certain shows were bad for children
that's what happened to Johnny Quest, even the Wild wild West
the industry offlined them even though they were very popular and imposed "Colored" Tee Vee

The Jeffersons, Good Times, etc.
by the 80s media programing was becoming increasingly Black
it was a national minsteral show by the 90s with Cosby, Fresh Prince, etc.
then you had floss like the Tele Tubbies

All this brought in what I refer to as Generation NERF
everything had to be super safe for kiddos
No more mini Stanley tool sets for children, chemistry sets were totally nuetured. Children had to be bound up in special car seats, fed special diets, etc.

So today we have a childrens crusade against RKBA
it's a logical conclusion to several decades of progressive programing via the media.

Another example
game shows
maybe every other day I run across one with a White husband and black wife
uh' sorry...that don't occur much, generally the other way around.
media spent years promoting black men with white gals, now it's promoting white men with black ladies
go figure...
Every other tv commercial features interracial couples and homosexuals. By their reckoning, 25% of all couples are gay and 50% are interracial (but always a fine featured, light complected black woman when they use a 'black' woman).
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 22:48   #21
TheOtherChris
Registered

FALaholic #: 2050
Chuck Jones the Magic Man
Romper Room
and how could anyone forget "the Lovely Carol Merrill next to curtain number 2" ?
Old March 23, 2018, 00:14   #22
squid8286
Registered

FALaholic #: 7276
I was a Captain Kangaroo guy too, but I sure knew who Bozo was. My favorite stuff on Saturday morning was the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show, and HR Pufnstuf. Now you can hardly find Bugs Bunny on YouTube (because he was so violent and fvcking snowflakes don't know the difference between a damn cartoon rabbit and real life.) And looking back at the old Pufnstuf show, Sid and Marty Krofft sure must have been smoking some great weed! That was some wild stuff. Talking trees and flutes, a dragon that was a sheriff, all kinds of wild mess!
squid8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2018, 09:07   #23
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Ahh, those were the daze right? Tom Terrific, Underdog, Boris and Natasha(must find moose and squirrel!), Steve Zodiak and Venus. Anyone remember "Circus Boy"?. "Fury, the story of a horse and the boy who loved him!"

Of course, the Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies classics were the best to me, and still are. The Little Rascals and The Three Stooges? Now, that's entertainment!!

Clutch Cargo? The Thunderbirds? As for "hadji", I painted with some brothers back in the early 1990s. The younger one had been nicknamed as a kid, for that character in Johnny Quest. Except, for them, it was spelled "Hodgie"...they were early dropouts I'm afraid.